Woo?
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

Your Missing Period
Vice Captain

IRL Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 5:56 pm
So you decided to attend the prestigious and well-known Tocra Academy. We have the highest graduating rate and the lowest drop-out rate, splendid! As you can see here, you can tell the campus is rather large. The Academy is like a small community, if you will. It holds a gym, a movie theater, a small shopping center, restaurants and other things your mind can think of. It's like you don't need to leave the campus at all, everything is a short bike ride away. And if you don't own a bike you can rent one! There are three renting stations, one at both ends of the campus, and then one in the center by the school.

But you know that, you've been here since you're freshman year and you're currently a junior! You had a roommate, alas they graduated and left you behind. What a d**k. But now with the year starting anew, you can only imagine who your new roommate will be! Hopefully not as, loud, as your previous roommate. They always teased you for never dating in your life. Maybe that will change this year too.

Note: The school is co-ed.

If you wish to join this 1x1 contact me and I can give us a separate thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 6:40 pm
User Image Name: Dale Rowney
Grade: Junior
History: Dale is a pretty okay kid. He has a little sister, both of his parents are still alive and happily married, his grades are a little above average and overall he had a good history. Nothing bad ever happened to him, if anything life was a constant, repetitive chore. Nothing new ever happened. Kids came in and out of his school but he never really befriended that many, and the few he did befriend, they soon entered his dull repetitive life cycle. Kids around him were dating but he never found anyone interesting enough to try dating. Dull, boring, repetitive. Trying to get away from it he decided to attend Toca Academy, hoping maybe there'd be a change in lifestyle.

User ImageName: Sarad Asurie
Grade: Junior
History: Sarad’s parents died when he was 8 years old. After that he was shuffled from family member to family member, changing schools more times than he could count. Every time he was the new kid, the weirdo, the target of the class bullies. Sarad has never been very physically strong, he was more intellectual than anything else, making him a prime target. He remained quiet and stayed in his room as much as possible, but for some reason none of his relations wanted him around for more than a month or two, making him believe that deep down he was a bad kid and that no one would ever want him. They ranged from negligent to downright abusive, both verbally and physically. Sarad’s one relief came when he entered into a high school with dorms. Finally he was staying at the same school and didn’t have to rely upon his family. He’s roommate of two years graduated and now he’s getting a new roommate his own age. Sarad’s scared, but he is hoping for the best. Maybe they could be friends.  

Your Missing Period
Vice Captain

IRL Ladykiller

VampuricWerewolf
Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:21 pm
User ImageSarad sat on his bed and dropped his face to his hands. he'd gotten back from summer break with his Aunt Hatta's that morning and relished the quiet of the dorms. She had five children of her own, all of them bigger than he and happy to prove that they were better than the 'little orphan', all out of sight of the adults, not that his Aunt or Uncle would have stopped them. A summer of being drug around, pushed, hit and belittled on a daily basis. It would take a while for him to get his sleep schedule back, he had been on alert at all hours, they liked pulling midnight pranks. but that was there and this was home. he was safe here.

his eyes trailed over to the other half of the dorm room where boxes lay, waiting to be unpacked by their mystery owner. there was a tight ball of anxiety in his stomach over what that owner would be like. he just hoped that they could be on good terms like he'd been with Andy, his last roommate. Andy had largely ignored him, but they had been friendly enough and both had been willing to help the other with homework when need be. it had been a good relationship for him, a safe one where he knew the boundaries, and Sarad hoped that he could do it again with this new roommate.

He lay down on the bed, his things already unpacked since he didn't have much besides a few sets of clothing and his uniforms, and closed his eyes. The summer's stress caught up to him, and before he could decide if he really wanted to take a nap or not, he was asleep.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:16 am
User Image Dale hung up the phone with a sigh. How many phone calls did his mother need to assure herself that he had arrived safe and sound a few hundred miles away at this high school? He called her during transport. His Dad drove him here for god's sakes. He helped him move all of his boxes to the dorm too before leaving. He was safe, Dale wasn't suddenly murdered tragically in a ditch by the bike rental kiosk, which he just past. This campus was so large it was near frightening, but looking at the papers that had been crunched in his hand he couldn't help but give a small smile. Maybe working at one of the kiosks between classes would be interesting.

Walking in and up the stairs he looked around for his dorm, looking at the door numbers before pulling out the key and unlocking it, pushing it upen and staring at the other on the bed. When looking for roommates the boy had to fill out a form of likes and disliks and what they were looking for so that they weren't paired wrongly, and when he arrived earlier the other hadn't moved in yet. Dale knew he would have a roommate, but he didn't expect him to have long dyed hair.

"Hello." he greeted, closing the door behind him and staring. "You must be my roommate." What was in his hair?  

Your Missing Period
Vice Captain

IRL Ladykiller

VampuricWerewolf
Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:21 am
User ImageSarad was awake as soon as he heard the door open, but he'd laid still as he tried to orient himself. he wasn't at his aunt's, so that meant-school. he was at school in his new dorm room. He breathed a sigh of relief and sat up as his new roommate walked in. Brown eyes hidden behind glasses and black hair. he was wearing a sweater and looked friendly enough. Sarad smiled and moved off the bed.

"Hello," he replied, not sure if he should hold out his hand or not. he decided it wouldn't hurt, so he offered it, "And I am. My name is Sarad, it's nice to meet you." he knew his roommate's name from the forms, Dale, but it was always best to introduce yourself at first. "I hope we can get along."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:28 am
User Image Glasses, frameless ones. He must not do any sports, then. That was all right. Upon closer inspection he noticed his ears were pierced too. Dale wasn't going to question what they had in common, it obviously wasn't their choice in appearances. "Dale." he said, taking the hand and shaking it. "I'm sure we will, Sarad. I'm aware I have a lot of stuff to unpack, is there a boundary to the room aside from half-half? Do you need some shelves on my side?" It was best to offer now than have his stuff migrate over to his own side. Judging by the one, maybe two boxes that were sitting there on Sarad's side, it seemed unlikely.  

Your Missing Period
Vice Captain

IRL Ladykiller

VampuricWerewolf
Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:36 am
User ImageSarad shook his head, "no, i do not require much room. if needed, you may use my shelves. i only need one or two." he was glad that Dale was already so open and free to share his space, even though he obviously had far more than Sarad. "please, do not let me get in the way of your unpacking. if you do not mind, i could help you? i am good at organizing and arranging things so they fit together with as little space taken as possible." an offer for an offer, he wanted to show he was willing to help and work with Dale. "if course, if you do not wish for someone else to handle your things, i understand fully."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:44 am
User Image "Oh. That's very polite of you." he responded, surprised the other would make such a kind offer. "If you'd like you're more than welcome too. I have a lot of books and clothes, though. A few pictures, pillows, blankets and whatnot." he explained, looking at the boxes on his own side. "I'd like to find my bedsheets first, though. And clothes." and stood there for a moment before moving to open one of the boxes. "Is this your first year at the Academy?"  

Your Missing Period
Vice Captain

IRL Ladykiller

VampuricWerewolf
Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:50 am
User ImageSarad was surprised that Dale was ok with someone else touching his things, but he had offered and so he moved to one of the boxes and opened it to look for clothing and sheets. "No, I am a Junior so this is my third year. yourself?" he found a pile of pants and shirts inside of the box that had been tousled by being moved about so he knelt and began to carefully fold each one, keeping the creases and the seems crisp. when that box was done, he folded it so it was flat and moved to the next, this one containing piles of socks. "which drawer do you prefer to keep your socks in? and which one for your pants? do you hang your shirts?" he wanted things to be exactly the way Dale liked it so there would be no room for complaint or annoyance.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:08 am
User Image "Oh, this is my first year here, I transferred from my high school a few hours away. What's your opinion of this academy?" He quickly folded his shirts, glancing around again before spotting the small excuse for a closet He debated hanging them but decided against it, instead piling them on his bed for now, comparing sleeve sizes and piling them accordingly. "Socks and underwear go in the top drawer." he said, "Pants would be the middle drawer, if there's no room in that closet. I'm not sure yet. But I do hang both my pants and my shirts. My dresser is mostly used for socks, underwear, running gear and pajamas."

The box was torn apart and flattened, set down before he looked at his shirts, opening another box hoping it contained hangers.  

Your Missing Period
Vice Captain

IRL Ladykiller

VampuricWerewolf
Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:17 am
User ImageSarad nodded and saw how Dale had organized his shirts. he did the same, placing them in accordance with their sleeve length. "I am quite fond of the academy, but that may be my own bias. There is everything one might need, a little market, a movie theatre, even restaurants. it's like a small town in of itself, it's to make it easier for the students to study since everything is readily at hand. the academic side of the academy is high as well," which is why his family had let him come here, "but the teachers work with the students to make sure everyone understands." he loaded up the socks and pants into their respective drawers and opened another box to find the sheets, "here you are. would you like help making the bed?" he asked as he held them out.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:27 am
User Image The pajamas were quickly folded, matched to their respective top or bottom, and placed in the bottom drawer of the dresser. "I saw the movie theater and the restaurants. I wasn't aware that there was a small market. What would you say about the other students here? Is your time here good? Oh, no thank you I can make it myself." and politely took the sheets, working quickly to put them onto the mattress. "Why would you be biased?"  

Your Missing Period
Vice Captain

IRL Ladykiller

VampuricWerewolf
Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:35 am
User ImageSarad looked down and knelt to work on the next box to have an excuse to hide his face. "Unfortunately i'm not very social, so i cannot say as to what the other students may feel or are like. from what i have observed, they seem happy enough." he shrugged a little as he started to put books away in alphabetical order according to the authors. "forgive me, i use some words differently than most. by market i mean a group of stores a-" he thought of the more common term, "shopping center." Dale's question froze his hand half way up to the shelf, the book almost slipping. this was the part he'd been dreading, when he was asked about his own past. it was always a question of what did he tell and how much. "i moved around a lot growing up so being in the same place and school for so long is a luxury i'm not used to, but enjoy immensely. so, i guess, that makes me a bit bias."  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:43 am
User Image "I see. Well then I hope I'm like the people you observe, Sarad." and finished tucking the sheet under the mattress, pulling out a thin blanket and unfolding it, quickly spreading it over the bed. Sarad had moved a lot? Then the other wanting a stable place to stay made sense. "I wouldn't say biased. Hardly." And unfolded the thick comforter, spreading that over next and smoothing out the edges. "Sarad. That's an interesting name. Where are you from?"  

Your Missing Period
Vice Captain

IRL Ladykiller

VampuricWerewolf
Captain

Dangerous Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 1:50 am
User ImageSarad glanced back, "My family is from the Middle East, but my Father's parents came to the US when their children were still small. My Father met my Mother when he was visiting relatives there. I was named after Saraswathi, otherwise known as Sarada, who is the Goddess of knowledge and education." he blushed a little as he finished with that box of books and moved to the next, "it's a presumptuous name, but at least it fits a bookworm like me." he smiled a little and saw that the new box was full of underwear. he placed that aside for Dale to do himself, his blush deepening, and quickly opened the last box to hide it.  
RolePlays!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff