Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
Lovely Stormborn Ladies & Nasty Stormborn Insults (winners!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:14 pm
Updated to here.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:45 am
@#$!
Unlike his hopelessly traditional minded stick-in-the mud brother, Bifrost wasn't worried about his lack of a mate. He was rather pleased, in fact. No wife to weigh him down or disturb his muses... Solvtorn got points for trying, but in Bifrost's opinion the insult wasn't very insulting. He thoght about a possible comeback, but a much more tempting target raised his voice.

"Oh, Magnus," he sang mockingly using the same tone and melody as when he sang heroic songs, "A great reaver once, we praise your ancient deeds. So great still, both your fat a** and your drunken rage."

"I bow to you," he sang and inclined his head in an exaggerated gesture, "Your wife more of a beauty than Solvtorn's outlander. Did you knock her over with your breath or stunning body odor? Oh, Magnus. Great in both stink and girth."

He bowed again, careful to stay out of easy swiping distance if Magnus wouldn't appreciate the song.

Bifrost
User ImageName Meaning: The bridge in the sky... So the rainbow or possibly the milky way depending on how you see it.
Personality: Nosy, loud, drama-magnet
Notable Failures/Weaknesses/Fears: Didn't follow in his father's footsteps (father was a Lawspeaker, Bifrost is a bard). Sleeps around... Has a boring older brother who's a Lawspeaker. Has never been on a raid.
Swearing OK? Yes, but creative insults are better biggrin
No-nos: The plots in my plot thread since most of those haven't started to happen yet.
Anything else? He doesn't like being called a coward for being a stay-at-home bard, and he's been in many Holmgangs to defend his honor.

Annchen

Sparkly Bibliophile

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:33 am
@#$!
"At least he's great at something!" The pale priestess stepped into the metaphorical arena, circling Bifrost. "Magnus has seen some form of combat... What have you seen?" She swished her tail, aiming to smack his nose. "You have flowers in your blood, Bifrost!"

She paused, giving him a coy smile. "And on top of that... Your brother is a Lawspeaker... And you are just a bard. What honor do you have, Bifrost? Have you even ever won a fight? Or did you just run away with your tail between your legs, like a flower-blooded coward?"

Susu reached up, rubbing her paw knuckles against her chest. "Of course, my brother COULD take you out on a raid... Remove SOME of those flowers... If you're not too AFRAID..."

Susu
User ImageName Meaning: Licorice(Or... I thought it did...)
Personality: Dominant, aggressive, unhinged
Notable Failures/Weaknesses/Fears: Seer, she keeps dead rabbits around, she shares a father with Yu, but not a mother with Norman and his littermates, though still calls them her siblings and Shetani her mother. She's very protective of Munyu(Even if he's not actually hers), so she'd be fast to attack anybody who insults him or tries to bring him harm.
Swearing OK? Yes
No-nos: Her oldest son is not actually her son but a cub she stole; She knows about Raiden being a god in disguise and used it to con seer cubs out of him. She may have also stolen Haki from her cousin... As it hasn't happened yet, Munyu bringing home an exile for a mate wouldn't be known.
Anything else? Susu is easy to make mad, and she's not going to approve of her son bringing a girl home... Especially one who was with the exiles.

Myrsky Syntynyt generated a random number between 1 and 5 ... 3!
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:25 pm
The girl from the flyting will be won in a raffle. For each post you made, you received one ticket. The list is below:
1. Split Personality
2. Annchen
3. Jovi of Shadows
4. Annchen
5. Andranis

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:39 pm
Jovi of Shadows

Congratulations on your victory. You have won this brainy girl, colored by JetAlmeara.

TanuKyle
Okay, I'm supremely impressed by the work that went into your entry, and I like the story, too, so that helped. You are the winner of this beautiful girl, colored by Safaia and edited by F a y t h - x (unedited version here).

So! both of you, please put in an application to the pride once you've come up with a name and personality for your lioness, and don't forget that the name must derive from Tolkien's Elvish. (And she has to stay in the pride, blah blah blah). If you have any questions about her history, you're welcome to contact me (Fey) and ask, but my knowledge of the family is deliberately vague. Utulien's joining application, for the truly curious, can be found here.

Talencia and Andranis, I enjoyed reading both of your entries. They were epic and full of adventure, which are two things Stormborn love. With your permission, I would like to incorporate them into the pride's culture as well, once I figure out where to put them thread-wise.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:23 pm
Grats winners! I give my full and hearty permission for my story to be used however and wherever you see fit, Fey!  

Talencia

Blessed Friend

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:48 pm
Haha, go for it! whee heart Grats, winners!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:35 am
Thank you, both of you. I have no idea how quickly the changes will be added to the pride info, but it shall be done.  

Myrsky Syntynyt

Hygienic Raider

[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas