Submit

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:54 pm
Glyph wasn't sure how long he'd been gone from the Pantheon. He'd lost track of time's passage when he's sunk into himself and when he awoke, covered in moss and ferns with his feet rooted solidly into the ground, he could only assume it was less then an Age. Or at least he hoped that was the case.

He had come into the flush of his power now, reborn at last, and Forest had risen from the soil to reach for the sky as he stepped from the crumbled ruins of a throne he no longer needed. His journey had taught him of his past and his curiosity had been sated. He knew himself, his realms, and his purpose as they existed in this Age and that was all he needed.

It was with such purpose that he set foot on the Pantheon's grounds once more, relieved to see the structure still standing and the mortals gathered around it gardens. He smelled of the woods flush with spring, the branches of his crown creaking and swaying gently with each step. He had one set of arms crossed before him and the other hanging easily at his sides as Glyph took his time in approaching the Pantheon's doors.

It was odd, to have corporeal form once again. The sensation of movement was both familiar and new as his legs parted, becoming individual tree trunks, only to fuse once more as they met mid stride. He was a being of life, a child of Creation, and it flowed from him in gentle but undeniable waves. Plants grew stronger, taller, and bloomed in his wake, a bleeding effect of his still newly embraced maturity.

His memories were still fragmented, his attention still scattered across the planes he'd contacted when his consciousness fractured and found its way into the woods of the worlds. Distracted by a far off prayer to him, Glyph paused in the doorway, head tilted as if listening. Blinking, he rolled his shoulders and stepped fully in, the Council Star bright upon his chest as he looked around.

They had been preparing to move against the Grigori when he'd taken his absence... he would continue to assist in that effort but where were the other gods?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:17 pm
While Glyph may not have known the precise amount of time he'd spent away from the Pantheon and it's surrounding grounds, Gate - Louhi - did. After the Forest-God's generous offer of shelter and care, she - for now Gate gender-identified with the gem-bound deity in her breast - had spent much time sheltered within those leaf-and-vine draped rooms.

Even after Glyph had disappeared, she had remained safely sheltered behind Forest's grand doors, resting and learning about this world, which would be her new home for as long as any part of Gate's self existed (however long that might prove to be). Those that served Forest had continued to treat Gate as an honored guest, which had been most reassuring; for the Ki'Lin's part, she tried to make herself useful - using the powers left to her so that Glyph's "home" might continue to bloom, blossom and grow during his absence. It was, she reasoned, a small price to pay for the kindness and shelter offered.

Besides, staying therein had given Louhi much time to stretch tendrils out through Gate's flesh, anchoring and securing self and soul outside of that lovely-but-hated gem. Much of Gate remained yet, which was why she felt the influx of nature-mana lap at her senses, like a warm and welcome breeze. It was at once familiar, yet not; Louhi placed it before Gate herself managed - Forest returned.

Plant and blooming flower seemed more vibrant, as though trying to show their best, most vibrant selves for their patron. Gate rose from a moss-covered, living-plant made chaise in Glyph's rooms and quickly made her way through the massive wooden doors, along the hall-ways and towards the main entry way of the Pantheon, where any visitor would go to gain entrance. She dressed simply, bare of foot and clothed only in a frock of soft plant-based material, dyed bright like the sun and bound just under her breast.

Pink eyes caught sight of an imposing, crowned-and-draped Forest God; Glyph, yes, but also more - had he ascended? It did seem so, with the way mana poured from him, the way flora bloomed from his steps and from the impressive appearance Forest now held. Gate understood such things in a scholarly manner from what yet remained in the Great Library, more from Louhi herself...and from observing what amounted to the "daily life" of deities within the Pantheon.

"Welcome back, Lord Glyph."

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:57 am
The entry hall was empty save for the echoes of his footsteps as he entered and yet it did not remain that way long. Within a few heartbeats, he could hear smaller steps approaching and turned to look, unsure of who or what he'd find. His ascension had seen him grow tall - his crown brushed the top of the arch in the entryway - and so when Gate approached, shi was much smaller then he remembered.

The appearance was familiar and he knelt, joints creaking with the motion, to smile fondly at Gate. "Thank you." He gently caressed Gate's head then returned to his crouch. Embedded in the inner flesh of his arms were the Amber Keys, bright knots of golden orange that pulsed with power. "Can you tell me the news little one? I'm still putting my memories back together..."

His expression turned thoughtful as he looked Gate over, the name finally burbling to the surface, "Gate. I remember you... under my protection, and host. I sense your strength is increased, Knowledge. Greetings to you both." His grin turned sheepish, "And I seem to have forgotten where my room is - I have one, right?"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:00 pm
Such a stately figure! But he was still the God of the Forest that had first so kindly cared for her, given shelter and comfort; Neither Gate nor Louhi would have stepped away or back from the towering, creaking Being of wood and leaf and vine. When he touched her hair, she continued to smile up at him, striped tail swishing slowly back and forth in motion unconscious.

"Yes, Lord Glyph. Of news since your departure, there is not much to Tell. We have heard and seen much of Yu the Five Claws, of the mortal's Marketplace and of Creation's effect...but not much more. There are more of the Dragon Kings now, as I understand the whisperings from those coming and going."

Ah, he did remember her! The delicate Ki'Lin nodded her golden head, what he spoke of was all accurate. "Of course you do! I and your Aoide have kept it for you, waiting." She reached tilted her head a little, turning her body back towards the direction that she had first come from, "If you follow me, I will take you there."

Gate was subtlety different than before, but he would likely not notice much, even having placed her name, face and station. But she moved with more feminine grace, an additional slinky something that was wholly female. Louhi, becoming stronger, stretching out further and further into the body that would be Hers...sinking her 'talons' in ever deeper while still resting and allowing herself to gain strength.

The two-in-one would absolutely lead Glyph along the marbled halls, back to the rooms that she'd been lingering in, rooms that belonged to the Forest and would no doubt welcome him back.

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:27 am
"Mm... that's a relief. The Marketplace?" Glyph quirked a brow, "The mortals are prospering then, that is a good sign." Smiling, Forest straightened as Gate gestured and began to lead him back. "Creation is recovering then? Is he still retired?"

As he watched, Gate moved away, hir hips swinging with a definite grace about hir. The God within must be growing stronger, he could feel her presence much more now. Glyph quirked a lip, "And yourself, how have you been my friend?"

When they arrived at his door, the golden wood was at once comforting and terrifying. Glyph paused before it, memory of Xun rushing back and his hand trembled as he opened the door. Would the dragon king still care for him? They had been lovers, their rooms joined...

"Tell me," Glyph murmured, "Does Lifewater still call this home?" He couldn't believe he'd forgotten the King! Guilt and concern and a dull ache in his heart gripped him as he stepped through the door into his rooms.

His Aoide were there, having felt his return, and offered trays of sweets and vegetables for eating. The grasses had grown wild about the water feature and the lower level looked more like a park then a set of rooms. He smiled for them and spoke of weariness. He did well to hide his fear but as he sank to the grass in the observatory, the sigh he emitted was wholly one of confusion.

"Gate... Is there news of the Council? If nothing has happened, then it seems the Council is quiet." He drew an Amber Key from its place on his person and showed it to Gate, turning his attention away from personal uncertainty, "I do not return empty handed. These are the Keys to the Heartwood, my realm. My body and my primary temple are there... it was sealed when we faded. It could be of use to us against the Grigori."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:05 pm
"Yes, it thrives under the protective eye of Yu Five Claws and others. We now have beings from all over seeking the Marketplace and the things available therein." Of course, those that found themselves trawling the Marketplace for baubles, trinkets or even delicately cooked bits of meat and new-grown fruits were invariably treated to dogma and history.

None came but that they left knowing that the recent sense of well-being was one that could only be sustained if they believed. The great dark Dragon and his followers tried to make certain of this.

"The Twin Crown spends most of his time within chambers still, my Lord. Though He can sometimes be found walking about the Pantheon with his attendants." She was not certain, being outside Harmodius' intimates, as to just how well his recovery went, but she could feel the world around her growing stronger, more vibrant. The flora told her things went fairly well.

Gate smiled at Glyph's question, but more at the compliment within it. "I am quite well, my Lord." She paused, tilting her head slightly and regarding him from beneath long, golden lashes. "We both are." At Forest's door Gate stood back to allow him entrance befitting his status.

"I have not seen the good Dragon in some time, but I believe yes. The plants...speak so." She followed him in, closing the grand golden door behind them easily before following further; Glyph's welcome from his Aoide caused the Ki'Lin to smile brightly, small pearly teeth glinting in the light.

"I hope you do not mind, Lord Glyph...I tried to care for your Home in your absence. I am afraid things have grown quite wild without you." There was joy, such undiluted joy in his return! Gate allowed her eyes to shut for a moment, taking in the way each green growing thing seemed to turn to Glyph as though to sing his praises. When she opened her eyes, it was to see the God of Forest looking oddly distressed.

"My Lord, the only news of the Council is that that you have returned." And that some, including the Dragon King Yu Five Claws, held naught but derision at the ineffectiveness of said Council and the many members that were unavailable. "You should speak with Yu the Five Claws, Lord Glyph. He...he may be better able to speak of the Council, though I warn that his tone grows only more displeased."

The Amber Key, when offered for viewing, made Gate's pink eyes widen. "That is most beautiful..." Beautiful, yes, and important! She nodded and worried her lower lip for a moment, seeking her voice. "If that is the case...you definitely wish to speak with Yu the Five Claws. He is the one most outspoken about the Grigori, Lord Glyph. He or the Lord Silence, who was kind enough to explain such things."

She had not been idle in Glyph's absence; trying to learn of not only the world around her, but also making free with the Library and it's contents - at Louhi's behest. It did help that Gate was quite curious as well, but knowing such things did help when the goal was in keeping busy while not wasting the time she had left.

SkieBorne
I am terribly sorry about this being so far behind, if you'd rather discontinue that's fine too, but I thought to try while we were both lurking around.

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2014 7:48 pm
The status quo had changed little while he was away then... that was both good and bad - though from the sounds of it, the Council's absence had only served to irritate Yu. The utter failure to achieve anything prompted Glyph to press his fingers against his forehead for a moment before he flopped back into the grass, the plants growing stronger around him. He nodded, "I will speak to Yu immediately. And, Gate, Louhi," He rolled onto his side to meet their gaze, honestly smiling, "Thank you for tending my rooms. I enjoy quite wild, actually."

Reaching out, he called forth an acorn, pulsing with new life, and offered it to Gate, "Here is a small token of appreciate. There are circles who believe the great oak is a symbol of knowledge and wisdom. Plant it somewhere safe and it will grow strong."

He chuckled, the pall that had surrounded him falling away. It was good to be home! Reaching over, the tall god snagged Gate into a warm embrace, "I should not brood. I am home and I am with friends! Thank you again, Gate. I owe you a favour, ask when you have the need." He winked.

"Do you know where to find Yu no a-days?"

Syrie
No worries! I think it's coming to a close anyway =3 No hard feelings! And I"m looking forward to Glyph talking to Yu. I imagine he'll get a good talking-to lol

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 8:19 am
Gate watched the God of the Forest put his fingers to his forehead with a contemplative expression and concern in her pink eyes but said nothing further; likely it wouldn’t have helped and Glyph likely needed to clarify his thoughts without interruption. She did, however, smile at the overgrowth of plant life where the God rested; seeing things growing always pleased the Ki’Lin greatly.

“Ah, you are most welcome, Lord Glyph. Truly, it was no hardship to stay in your dwelling and tend it while you were away.” One voice to answer for both, though the difference between speaking to either of the two was growing smaller as time passed. Physically the only change Louhi had wanted to make were to add some more feminine curves, but the energy required wasn’t something the Goddess of Knowledge was yet willing to expend.

Both Goddess and Host watched Glyph with the acorn, eyes bright and attentive. The Ki’Lin reached one delicately scaled hand out to accept the gift Forest offered. “Such a beautiful, precious gift…” The acorn was tucked into her robe, close to her heart and where Louhi’s gem rested. “I will find a worthy place.” Perhaps it was time she sought out her own spaces within the Pantheon…Knowledge spent time in Her Library when it was convenient, but they still came to rest in Glyph’s bower.

Forest’s exuberant embrace had Gate’s eyes going wide with surprise, but she simply smiled and laughed with him, tail swishing in a pleased manner. “It is very good to have you home again, Lord Glyph. That you have allowed me to stay and keep your place…that is more than enough thanks. And you have given us such a lovely gift as well, no Lord Glyph. It is we that are indebted to you.” The slight lilt and accent was Louhi, but the tone Gate’s own.

“The Dragon King Yu Five Claws can often be found walking the Marketplace of a morning. Most of his time seems spent at the Twin Crown’s side, but on the hottest of days he swims in the lake nearby.” Naturally Yu had rooms but he was not often found there - his steward, Xanir, was and could often be tasked with sending someone to find the Dragon King when needed. “His son, Joss, is easier to find…perhaps the child would be able to take you to his father.”

SkieBorne
ROFL, Ja, Yu will likely be stern and concerned. I'm very much looking forward to these things too~ :3

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:09 pm
He smiled as Gate tucked the acorn away and nodded his welcome, "I'll hear you if you speak to that tree."

He waved away Louhi's humility, simply grinning in thanks as if to indicate their friendship meant his aid was always open for the asking.

"The Market in the morning... Harmodius, and the lake. And Joss." He quirked a lip, "Joss? I haven't seen the child in ages! Perhaps I'll visit the kittens, I'd barely come into my own when last spoke, if I recall correctly." He chuckled, wondering what the look on the childrens' faces would be at Glyph's rather tall transformation.

Syrie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:42 am
The blonde-haired Ki'Lin nodded, smiling, at Glyph's explanation as to the further abilities of his gift; where it would be planted, neither Gate nor Louhi could say with certainty. Only the thought that it should be placed within Knowledge's own dwelling stood out...it would not be quite so suitable as Forest's own bower, but the Goddess Knowledge knew it would be fine. A wonderful addition to her realm, regardless of where that might be.

"Yes," Another smile; Yu's children were fairly well known within the Pantheon, to say nothing of the Marketplace. Joss in particular as the patchy-colored little creature was vivacious and slightly less inclined to bite, compared to his sibling. "They have grown, of course, yet are much the same. Joss spends much time with Lord Yu's Steward, as we understand. I am sure they would be pleased to see you again."

No doubt but that Joss would find Glyph's grand state most entertaining...he'd probably try climbing Forest, the little monster! "Will you need my assistance, come morning Lord Glyph?" Not that Gate (or even Louhi, really) begrudged such aid, but the question was put forth in case Forest preferred to meet with the Dragon King alone.

SkieBorne

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

SkieBorne

Dapper Gekko

6,300 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:49 pm
Glyph pondered for a moment, weighing the need and the want of Gate's company in his dealings with Yu, before he shook his head, "No, I shall speak to Yu on my own, but I will let you know the outcome. For now, though, let us snack on sweet fruits and keep each other company, mm? Have you discovered anything of interest personally? Do you have projects on the go?"

Syrie

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 7:13 pm
It did not slight Gate nor Louhi that Forest wished to speak with Yu Five Claws alone as there truly would have been little that host or Goddess could have done. Neither spent much time in the Dragon King's presence nor were they close with Yu, they simply knew that he was the one to speak with about such things.

"That sounds most agreeable, Lord Glyph." Gate settled herself comfortably, taking a moment to touch the acorn resting safely within the folds of her garment and smiling once more at the thought of it grown straight, strong and beautiful.

"We have spent much time within the Library, seeking to familiarize ourselves with it once more. It is most peaceful to stay there...it seems that our counterpart, Gianfar, was favored by Silence and Dream, who put forth the effort to restore it after Gehenna." As Gate spoke Knowledge overlay the Ki'Lin's words so that there was a twist of mana to certain words and names.

Truly the only project Knowledge had was to reclaim what had been left behind or lost by her counterpart...and, of course, to begin reaching out to those mortals locally that were inclined to worship. "She is not yet strong enough to Know things as clearly as we would like, but the journey as of yet has been most enjoyable."

SkieBorne

Syrie
Vice Captain

Garbage Paladin

14,840 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash