Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 7:30 am
Bree laughed at herself awkwardly, “I'm sorry, I say walk as that's how I journey this area the most. I need to be low to the ground to find the items I need. It would be a lot better to fly, but I don't know if I trust myself with such an unusual...” she trailed off not even sure how to address the not-food in her basket. She wouldn't eat it that's for sure.

She motioned for the other to follow her as they left the clearing, “I appreciate the offer! I'd love to see more parts of this place. I have a knack of getting lost so I don't try to venture too far.” She glanced over her shoulder back towards the trees again, getting the feeling that anxiety was building as the two left. It was almost making her feel guilty for leaving with what she had found. There had to be something more to all of this and she was glad Takeko didn't need to rush off right away.

'Oh fudge did I clean before I left?' Bree mentally kicked herself as they picked their way through the forest towards a smaller clearing east of the Fae clearing. You couldn't even consider it a true clearing, just a bald spot in the trees big enough for a small cottage. There were little stones pressed into the ground, making a small walkway up to the wooden planked building, ivy and moss of all sorts hugging the front of the building making it hard to see if you weren't looking for it. What did stand out was the random knickknack like items hanging all over the building- gleaming seashells put together in various sized statues, flower weaves, carved wooden wind chimes, and even a rough bird bath built up from rocks. The building as a whole was sagging to one side, but it had a quaint and well lived in feel to it.

Bree's steps picked up as she neared the house, “Welcome home!” she giggled. She came to the door and placed her shoulder into it as she opened it, “Don't mind that, it gets stuck at times.”

The inside was almost a perfect reflection of the outside. Various potted herbs, sitting on the kitchen counters, were taking over the inside, crawling up the ceilings and roof making it a very colorful inside. It was a single room with a rough kitchen taking over most of the space- lots of counter space, rock built oven, wooden cabinet spanning the whole east wall that reached from roof to ceiling. The rest of the house was a bed pallet and sitting space with a small table making it pretty obvious where her heart laid.

She set her basket down on the table as she began a flurry of picking up wooden bowls and utensils, “Excuse my mess! It's not usually this bad.” she was blushing madly as she began dumping it all into a larger bowl she used to hold water to clean in. Once she felt like everything was in some kind of order she offered a seat at the table for the angel, “May I get you something to drink? I make a variety of fruit juices or I have saved rain water out back.” She began pulling some of her nicknacks from the table, setting them on the shelving to make room for them.

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 12:47 pm
Chuckling in reply, Takeko nodded. "Of course. The same for me, usually...but it is a good way to cover large distances when I have a destination in mind, as I did today. But, for heading back home..." she trailed off, unknowingly with similar thoughts to Bree. How would she carry this home safely? Perhaps not by air. It would take longer to get home, but it would be safer for the seed...if that's what it really was.

As they walked, Takeko added, "Of course! My home is always open. If you don't mind a little traffic sometimes," she chuckled. The more they walked, the more the feeling of being watched seemed to lessen. Odd. To be quite honest, her suspicions were growing stronger about these odd seed pods, and if she was sure, she wondered if she'd have been less inclined to just...take them. On the other hand, if it was true...but they were left all alone in the clearing like that...they couldn't just leave them with no one to watch over them...right? Even if it was only a suspicion, she should share her thoughts with Bree. It was only right, even if it all came to naught. Maybe they were just odd seeds afterall.

Maybe.

The home she was led to was not large, but it was quaint and homey. Just the sort of thing Takeko felt drawn to. Her own home may have been a bit bigger...but then again, it had originally been built with far more than just herself in mind. Brushing aside the thought before she let it get her down, she reminded herself that just meant there was more room for her children and their children to visit her whenever they wished.

Giggling softly, she followed her host through the door, the seed pod cradled naturally in one arm like a child. She wasn't even consciously aware of doing so, as the angel was more distracted by her new friend and her lovely home. Her new friend who seemed suddenly possessed by a frenzied whirlwind. Once she realized what was the matter, she laughed again. "Please! Don't mind me! Really, it's fine, dear." She took the offered seat, the seed nestled in her lap, and gestured for Bree to join her rather than rushing about. "I don't need anything really, but if you insist, just water will be fine," she answered.

Glancing about, she waited for the Fae to calm a bit before she spoke again. She couldn't keep her mouth shut about her suspicions, not when she felt it was something of her fault that Bree had brought the other seed home with her. In a way, she was somewhat responsible for it...if it turned out to be anything like she thought. "This may seem somewhat...out of nowhere," she began, looking at Bree curiously. "But, you said you've not explored far from home before. They don't get out this way very often, so I wonder...have you ever met a Faun?"

Irish Night Fox

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:06 am
“I've just been going crazy with this amazing new recipe I thought I would try!” she explained as she dug through a cabinet for two wooden cups. She inspected them for cleanliness and any damage that may release the contents they were suppose to hold, “I've been spending so many days attempting to find this particular flower...” she waved off the rest of the words as she headed out the door to the back in order to get them some water. She reappeared and set a cup in front of the angel and hers in front of her spot. She stepped around the table and pulled a messily patched blanket from the bed so they could have a soft spot on the table to set the seeds. She pulled her own out of her basket and set it on the table, tucking it in so it wouldn't roll itself off, before sitting across from her friend.

Bree picked up her cup and sipped on it, looking at the angel from over it. She set it down thinking through her answer, “No, I generally stick to the area and Telrunya City to trade my things. I really only ever come in contact with angels, demons, and other fae. I have met an Alicorn Prince before!” The mention of the Prince made her eyes light up, “A Prince! And he didn't even act like you think they do!” She shook her head furiously at herself, “Sorry, sorry, no I don't believe I have.” When she had finally settled her mind onto the conversation her look turned to curiosity, “Do they have something to do with the seeds?”

Teigra

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 10:57 am
"A particular flower...?" Takeko questioned, but Bree had already headed out the door before she could ask further about the matter. Ah well. She'd have to ask later if perhaps it was something she was familiar with. She was far from arrogant about such things, but if it was anything but the most rare of plants, she thought it must be something she knew of. It was kind of what she did after all.

When not working on her own recipes.

She'd never dreamed of stumbling across such a kindred spirit on her travels today.

Accepting the drink gratefully, she smiled and took a sip while Bree answered her earlier questions, nodding from time to time until an unfamiliar term reached her ears. "Alicorn...prince...?" The term was not something she recognized, though it did stir up memories of a conversation she'd had with Faroth a season or so ago. Something about a new type of Faun who had come home to the Tree...and that they'd been led by Princesses of some sort. Was this Prince something similar? Another of these new type of Faun? She shook her head. "I'm afraid I don't know what that is exactly." She shrugged helplessly, continuing with her point. "So, assuming you haven't then, the Faun live in this enormous tree on the other side of the Isle. I've not seen it myself," she admitted, "but, I've only heard tales of it. Homes inside this tree with many levels and lots of them all living together in one place, helping one another. Sounds nice, doesn't it?" she asked with a smile.

After taking another sip of her water, she continued. "I'm not saying anything for certain, of course, but...they first appeared after the Isle settled into the sea. I met someone else in the chaos that followed who had found this strange acorn...which grew and changed colors..." she said, pointedly looking at the seed pods they had sitting in sight on the table. With a raised eyebrow, she looked from the seeds back to Bree. "Imagine our surprise when it cracked open and a baby Faun came out."

She let that sink in for a moment, then continued. "I'm not saying anything for sure of course. It's all mere coincidence and suspicion at this point. I can't explain it. I just..." She paused. "I just thought you should know, just in case. I mean, I'd understand if you'd rather not keep it, knowing that." She turned her eyes back to the pods. "I have another reason though to suspect something odd about these. You see...they're not telling me anything..."

She blinked, seeming to shake out of a distracting thought. "I'm sorry...that...probably didn't make much sense, did it?" She laughed lightly, turning to point at the collection of herbs Bree had growing in her kitchen. "I have a special skill," she explained. "A blessing from the Guardians. All I have to do is see a plant, and I can tell you what it's useful for. That goes for flowers, grasses, trees...it can be a little much sometimes, but I've gotten used to it." Pointing at each of a selection of herbs in turn, she started reciting, "Spices, best used when baking for a little kick of flavor. That, best brewed for tea when one has a cold. That one, very nice for flavoring fish roasted over a fire."

"It's a useful skill," she finished, turning back to the table. "But, there's only been a couple of times that my ability hasn't worked...once in particular where I received nothing when I looked at what I believed was a plant-like object. Not even a whisper at the back of my mind. That acorn that the Faun came from." Turning to the pods, she added. "And now, today."

Irish Night Fox

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 11:58 am
Bree held her cup between her hands, so captivated by what Takeko had to say that it never returned back to her lips. Instead she gripped it with anticipation of where this was going. “All in one tree together?” she signed blissfully. How beautiful that place must be! Not only living amongst nature, but in it! Then on top of it to have so many close together. Bree absolutely adored that idea especially with how secluded from others she was. It was an odd thing for a fae of her kind to be so separated- she enjoyed company more than most. Then there was the selfish joy that brought with the thought of being able to trade her goods so easily with others so close. How lovely!

“Baby Faun!?” Bree almost leaped out of her chair at that statement. She slowly lowered herself, palms flat on the table. Her gaze had gone from a dreamy state to staring directly at the perhaps not-so-seed on the table. Well the stories sounded similar, two seeds that grew and changed colors... A part of her was dancing at the thought- a little one for her to care for? Her lonely days were over! Then there was the other part of her that was screaming in her head, 'What am I going to do with a little one? And what sort of 'little one' may come out of such a thing!?' She brought her hands to her face and just cradled it as she listened to the other.

Not keep it? Takeko sounded like she had come out of it well enough and Bree was sure the other would be there if the need arose, but she was so far away! Bree took a deep breath trying to calm her thoughts. This wasn't the end of the world... just a huge life change. No big deal right? Not like much would change. Just another bundle to carry with her as she did her forest explorations right? Until the darling needed its wrapping's changed. Oh goodness... Her thoughts trailed away at Takeko's odd wording 'They're not telling me anything...' This brought her head up to look at the angel.

Her eyes widened at the explanation of her powers, looking at the other with reverence, “That's absolutely beautiful, Takeko! What a special blessing indeed.” She sat the rest of the conversation in silence, even allowing it to linger after the other had finished talking. Her eyes were now trained on the grain in the wood, her brain working a million miles a minute. She couldn't believe this was happening, but at the same time she could. Some times life just asked you to do things that weren't according to your plan. It was her turn to answer whatever fate had in store, so what would she do with it?

She sighed heavily, “There is no way I can ask you to take on two if these do end up the same way your Faun did. There is a reason to everything that happens in the world, and that includes me being there with you. No matter how this turns out,” she laid a hand delicately on top of the seed-baby-thing, “I will take the responsibility on. Even if it just turns out to be another seed in my house.” she shrugged and smiled up at the other. “Or a new life I need to nurture. I'm in and I am here for you as well.”

She stood and gave the other a hug, “I appreciate you not keeping me in the dark with this. It might have been a bit surprised if it hatched.” she pulled back with a laugh, but kept a hand on the other's shoulder. “I will be sure to keep in contact with you with whatever goes on on my end. We will get this figured out.”

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 8:32 am
While she could tell she had shocked the Fae to some extent, overall, Bree seemed to take the possible revelation quite well...considering. Chuckling softly, she shook her head and attempted to gloss over the slight misunderstanding. "Well, I've not exactly raised any Faun of any type of my own, though I have gotten to watch one grow from afar. And I'm no stranger to little ones in the house, so if I can be of any help, please, feel free to ask. Oh, I mean...if anything does happen, of course." She was getting a little ahead of herself...talking about aiding in raising little ones and at the moment all they had were some strange seed pods on the table.

Still, even if it was only a suspicion, it was a hypothesis based on events she had witnessed in the past. And she felt better for having shared that knowledge with Bree. Besides, there was no guarantee she would prove to be correct. Afterall, where had the pods come from? If it had been the strange trees, and they were something related to Faun, then why were there no others about? No one to look after them, like in the Tree Faroth came from? Could these be...the first?

She shook the thoughts away for now. Nothing to do but head for home for the day. Only time would help unravel this mystery. She stood as well, returning the gesture. If nothing else, she'd made a new friend today, and that was more than worth it. "Of course! As I said, anything I can help with...from mysterious seeds to baking recipes, dear," she laughed. Pausing for a second to think, she added, "I don't have anything like that prepared of course, but...I'll send my Mellon by later when I have a chance to make up a map to my home. Just in case, of course, dear. It's not hard to find, really," she assured with a smile.

She glanced towards the door, then moved to pick up the seed pod carefully, cradling it in her arm. "I suppose I really must get going if I'm going to get home before dark. Thank you so much for your hospitality, Bree. You have a lovely home."

Irish Night Fox

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:56 am
Bree pulled away from the hug practically beaming at the other's suggestion of baking recipes, “I would adore that! Like you wouldn't believe!” She picked up her pod to move it off the table and away from a possible fall. She set it in her basket, tucking the blanket around it as she listened to the other, “I guess, even if nothing comes of all this, this day has taught me to be more adventurous. I made a friend after all. That's something.” she smiled sweetly at the other over her shoulder.

She laughed awkwardly at the suggestion of sending a map along and nodded as she turned back towards the other, “That would be really nice, I have been known to get myself lost without knowing it.” Plus she was excited to get outside of her own bubble. It seemed like this angel was very knowledgeable when it came to the others that lived with them, and Bree was starting to get anxious. The kind of excited anxiety that was telling her she needed to get out.

Bree led the other to the door, laughing happily at the compliment, “I appreciate that. The place has kinda taken on its own personality through the years. I love it so.” She gave her home a look over before opening the door for the other, “Thanks, again, for talking me through this. I think I am kinda excited to see where this takes us, even if it's nowhere where the pods are concerned.” she shrugged, hugging the other goodbye again. “Please stay safe and don't forget about the little Fea in the forest!” she giggled, waving her friend off.

She slipped back inside where she couldn't see the other anymore, and plopped down at the table. An overwhelming amount of emotions flooded her again as she took a moment to recall her day. Though she had felt confident in the presence of the other, she still had a nagging feeling. She rubbed her eyes before peering through her fingers at the pod as it sat quietly in the basket. Though they had just been playing with possibilities, Bree knew she had to prepare herself for whatever happened. How in the world was she suppose to prepare for something like a child?

“Maybe you're just a seed.” she whispered softly, laying a hand on top of it. Even that suggestion pained her. Why was that? Was she hoping for a change? Was she hoping that something out there would pull her from her every day routine of baking?

Apparently she really needed to get out more.

Teigra

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces