Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:35 pm
User Image

Well, this certainly hadn't been what she'd expected to find today. Not what she was looking for either...or was it? It was hard to say when she'd come here not entirely sure what she was looking for.

Puzzled, the angel fell back from her crouched position near one of the new trees and onto her bum to take a rest. She put her hands back, leaning on them as she tore her eyes from the object before her and scanned the Clearing again. Anything else odd here? Aside from the two new trees and their collection of seed pods beneath, no. Was this related somehow to her mandrake puzzle she had yet to solve? Or was this just another new mystery completely separate from that one?

She sighed, still having not gone so far as to touch any of the strange seed pods yet. The Fae Clearing was a magical place, full of power that flowed through everything in it. As Takeko had already learned on her last visit, that could produce good things...or bad. Even if it was strongest felt for the Fae, even other Pae'il could feel that there was something powerful about this place, something in the very soil. Could these trees be drawing from that power? If so...to what effect? Would it be for good...or evil?

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:10 pm
User Image
There was something about being alone with nature that really refreshed the soul.

Bree took a deep breath and held it for a second, just letting it settle into the deepest parts of her lungs before letting it out in a slow stream. Even the air here had a way of clearing out the mind and making you feel completely at peace with yourself. At least that's how Bree was feeling at the moment and she wondered if this is how other Fae felt or if it affected each of them in a different manner.

She was walking along at a slow pace, her basket of goodies always swinging about at her side. This time a section was wrapped up in a beautiful golden linen, while the other section held an assortment of greens for future recipes. She had gotten far off track that day with her walk, as she found she tended to do if she ever went collecting anywhere near the Fae Clearing. It had this odd way of calling to her when her mind was at its busiest. She'd have a goal collecting amount that she'd be working on when she'd find herself strolling along.

She sighed, chuckling at herself. Thankfully she kept herself well stocked so when these times did happen she could take advantage of them. There wasn't always a great amount of breathing space in her kitchen, might as well take it all in while she could.

She pushed through the line of trees into the clearing instantly feeling a change in the air. The magical presence was almost overwhelming, but not in a crushing sense. It was an intense amount of awe and honor she felt to be in the presence of such a weighted amount of magic. That wasn't the only presence she noticed here.

Even from afar the winged beauty managed to take Bree's breath away. She'd never seen such luminous wings before with an equally bright halo to match. She was resting herself on the ground and Bree couldn't tell if it was actually restful or if something was wrong. She picked up her pace, making sure to step on whatever crunchy object she could to make some noise so she didn't frighten the other gal as she came up on her from the side.

“Excuse me,” she called softly as to not startle her, “are you alright? I saw you sitting out here-” she stopped abruptly when she finally noticed the new trees and their eerily large pods the angel was sitting by. She completely forgot herself for a second, “When in the world did these get here!?” Had these always been here? Would she forget something so large and strange looking? She snapped out of shock quickly and remember her manners, “Oh! Sorry! I'm Briosca. Please feel free to call me Bree though. I just don't remember seeing anything like this growing in this area.”

Teigra

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:29 pm
Crunching leaves alerting her to the approach of another, Takeko glanced back over her shoulder, then relaxed seeing it was only an albeit unique-looking Fae. She looked friendly enough and her inquiry was answered by a friendly wave from Takeko. "Oh yes, just fine, dear," she answered calmly with a smile.

Then, a new concern entered her mind. Not the young lady who had just approached her, but her safety. What if these pods turned out to be something dangerous after all? What if she was unknowingly placing herself at risk by being in the vicinity? It was one thing for the angel to knowingly put herself at risk by coming here to investigate, but a stranger? 'Calm yourself, Takeko,' she chided herself silently. So far, neither the pods nor the trees had given her any reason to fear them yet. No dangerous signs for sure; other than her finding them at the time she was dealing with something that WAS dangerous here. Still, she couldn't take responsibility for them all the time, not if she wasn't here to guard them.

"No idea, honestly," she answered turning to look at the pods again. "I mean, the trees...I noticed the little saplings when I was last here some weeks ago, but...I had no idea they'd be this big already! I don't know where they came from either or what they are. I thought maybe I was the only one puzzled."

Pulling her gaze from the small tree for a moment, she smiled at the young Fae woman. "Quite alright," she said, offering her hand. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Bree. I'm Takeko. Um...which will do just fine unless you have something else in mind to call me?" She laughed lightly, turning back to the mysterious objects before them. She patted the grass beside her in invitation for the Fae to join her. "Still not sure what they are and I haven't touched them yet. Not sure how much more I'm going to figure out just by staring at them though."

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:56 pm
Bree nodded slowly as the angel spoke about the pods, glancing over to take another look at them. She certainly couldn't recall seeing anything like them before, nor the trees at that. She continued to take the sight in till Takeko introduced herself. She turned her head back with a huge smile on her face, “It's great to meet you. Especially since you're alright. I'm a baker not a healer!” She gave off a slight laugh as she shook the other's hand.

She easily popped down beside the angel a bit perplexed at how she was reacting towards the pods. Most wouldn't be concerned about a new species growing, but a speed growth did sound a bit- odd. Still, an unexplained event happening in an unexplainable place wouldn't cause for much concern, “Is there something wrong with them?” she gently probed. She didn't want to frighten the other, but did want to help since she seemed at a stand still of what to do.

Bree seemed to perk up when an idea hit her. She set her basket down between them and pulled the golden colored linen off of her assortment of baked goods. She then leaned over to her other side and grabbed a twig. She turned and held them up towards Takeko, “It may not be an exact science, but maybe we can poke it and if it doesn't set the twig on fire then see how it reacts to fabric? I'm assuming if it doesn't react you could pick it up with the cloth rather than bare fingers?”

She chuckled at her own offer and shrugged, “Better to experiment then just sit here I suppose. I wont mind doing it for you if you'd like.”

Teigra

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:12 pm
Takeko chuckled warmly, responding with, "Well, always a pleasure to meet a fellow Pae interested in the culinary arts." Much as she would have liked to continue that line of conversation, unfortunately, she wasn't sure that knowledge of baking was going to help with the current mystery.

Pretty sure it wasn't anyway...?

"Honestly, I don't know if there is or not. They just...appeared?" the angel answered with a shrug. Maybe there was nothing wrong with them, maybe they were doing exactly what they were supposed to do. She just had no idea what that was. "If it doesn't set the twig...oh my!" she repeated, then laughed. "Well, I wasn't quite expecting anything like that, but who knows?" She honestly didn't expect anything that dangerous...though, as events had proven, danger could take other more subtle forms. "We could try that though if you'd like," she agreed with a nod. Couldn't hurt...could it?

Remembering something, she added, "You know, the last time I was here, I did touch one of the trees. Nothing bad happened, as far as I could tell...but might as well play it safe, right?" She couldn't be sure nothing good had happened either. She could have just imagined it after all.

The strange thing was, when she attempted to use her abilities on the trees or the seed pods...she received nothing in response. Almost everything else in the clearing, she could look at the grasses, the flowers, even some of the trees and instantly start equating them with potential uses as remedies or even cooking spices. The two silver trees and their seed pods though?

Nothing.

She could recall very few instances in which that had ever happened, and fewer reasons that explained why...

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:17 pm
Bree nodded as the angel explained a situation she had with the trees once before. She looked over at them, letting her eyes run up their silver bark to the leaves that were dancing in the light breeze. It was remarkable how something so beautiful could actually be deadly. She tore her eyes away to look back at the pods. She pushed herself up off the ground so she could hunch over the pods.

The way Takeko was reacting towards these pods was starting to rub off on her. She bit down on her lower lip as she rubbed the gold linen between her fingers. She wondered if this was really worth it. What possible danger could she be putting herself into? The both of them for that matter. If it was dangerous though, could she be saving not only the Fea Clearing, but other Pae'il alike? She didn't know if she could be brave enough for something like this. Deep inside of her there was a nasty pit growing, rolling around in her stomach making her sick as she opened the cloth up in her hand.

“Well, if they didn't harm you I am sure the pods couldn't do a ton more damage, right?” her voice wavered and her hands began to glisten with sweat as she silently cursed herself. Of all the Fae why did she end up here? She wasn't the smartest or the the bravest and she certainly wouldn't know what to do if something did happen to her. She couldn't heal or run fast enough. She was completely out of her league here dealing with these mysterious pieces of nature.

But she did care about others and their safety. As she held onto that thought she reached out her shaking, cloth covered hand to pick one of the pods up.

Teigra

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:47 pm
Takeko felt bad for worrying the other, especially if it turned out to be needlessly. However, if there were merit to her concerns, then it would have been remiss of her not to share before the other got involved...right? She laid a reassuring hand on the Fae's shoulder with a smile. "I'm sure they can't be that dangerous."

She was a horrible liar.

Well, she'd pulled the other into this. It wasn't fair for her to take all the risk on herself. Remembering the trees before, Takeko took a deep breath and reached out for one of the pods herself. At least Bree had the cloth to protect her hands. Takeko was willing to be the guinea pig for this little experiment if she must; she sort of felt responsible for some reason for all of this.

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:49 pm
Whether bare skin, or through cloth, as the two females picked up the seed pods, they would feel a brief tingle of energy pass between them and the pod at the contact. The vines, previously twined tightly around each of the pods like a protective net began to loosen, slipping and falling away to the ground, leaving a bare, smooth seed pod.

Until a pair of loud, splitting cracks filled the air.

The covering on each pod broke open, a large fissure opening on the surface and exposing a new surface within...a glimmering surface, not unlike that of an opal, but each displaying their own collection of colors within. Each appears unique on the inside, despite their uniform outer coverings.

Irish Night Fox
User Image

Teigra
User Image

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 11:53 pm
Bree gave off a ear splitting shriek at the brief tingle that ran up her fingers. Her reflexes forced her fingers to open and the cloth and pod to plop onto the ground. She watched with her mouth agape as the pod's vines fell away before opened themselves up. Her eyes widened beyond their normal size at the sight before her- they were beautiful!

She was in such a state of disbelief that she stayed that way for a good while, mouth hanging wide open and the hand that had been affected hanging limply from the wrist. She slowly blinked her eyes to their normal size before inspecting her fingers. She didn't think they had done any harm though she had certainly felt something happen. She lifted her head back up to look over at the angel beside her.

“A-are you alright?” she asked shakily. “Did you feel that...” she trailed off not sure what to call it. She looked back down at the pod laying on her linen, the yellow and red insides captivating her, “Power? Energy? I-i don't know, but certainly I felt something.”

She shook her head not sure what to do now. She was too afraid to touch the thing again and wasn't sure if she should be happy she was still feeling the same or should be freaking out that she didn't know if it had affected her in any way or not. She didn't think she felt different though it could be due to shock, “What now? I think these did something to us, but I can't say I feel any different.”

Teigra
I told myself not to reply so late while I am so tired, but I neeeeed to knoooow! So excuse me if parts don't make sense rofl

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:52 am
Hidden behind the trees and high up in the branches, watchful gazes study the newcomers. Special attention is provided due to fondling the precious seeds. Six of them managed to fall from the tree before the harvesters could get to them, and these strangers arrived before they could be gathered up.

Please don't take them.

Wings fluttering and leaves rustling could be hard from all around the tree. Little bits of opalescent dust can be seen in the rays of sunlight peeking through the holes in the canopy of the tree. Clearly, something is in the tree watching Takeko and Bree.

When the seedpods changed color and began to crack, hidden among the loud cracking noise were several audible gasps.

Please don't hurt them.

Still, they stayed lurking behind the shadows, only observing and carefully keeping track of those seedpods. Best to remain hidden for now.

FA Mysteries
Crew

Dapper Hunter

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:05 pm
The angel had shivered as the jolt of energy passed from the pod into her...or was it the other way around...and though startled, she hadn't dropped the large seed. Instead, she only stared silently as the vines fell away before the shell cracked and crumbled away as well. The inside layer of the pod was a deep, shimmering collection of blues, from light to dark near black, all a'glimmer with the reflected rays of the sun.

She had gasped in surprise while her companion had been a bit more vocal with her response. In all the commotion, it'd been hard to tell at first, but...had she heard more than their own reactions to the splitting pod shells?

Takeko pushed that aside for a moment, turning to Bree at her questions. "I...felt something, yes. Something like a shock...like in the winter, after being curled up in a warm blanket, you leave to go get something and when you touch someone else, the little shock you both feel." She was trying to describe the phenomenon as best she could for someone who had no knowledge of such things as 'static electricity' or 'positive and negative charge'. She peered at the pod thoughtfully. "Maybe it's something like that? Though...did the pod shock us? Or did we cause it to crack?"

She was still considering another possibility, remote as it may be. Still, the clues made sense. It would explain why, even if these pods came from those trees, why her ability was giving her nothing when she looked at them. But...was it possible? It had happened elsewhere before...on Telrunya, such things were never far beyond the imagination; not for this angel and the things she had seen.

As she looked down at the pod, she was about to reassure her new friend that she didn't think the pods were that dangerous...when she had a different sort of shiver. Her eyes shifted towards the treeline at the edge of the clearing. Then slowly panned up into the lower branches.

She couldn't place why...but she felt like they were being watched.

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:22 pm
Bree almost felt a sense of relief when Takeko described the shock to a tee, though when she thought about it she almost felt ashamed for feeling that way when they weren't sure if this was a good or bad thing. It was just a natural reaction right? To not want to be alone during something bad, to have someone understand you...

After her initial shock and some mental chatter to calm herself down, she gingerly reached out to gather the cloth and pod back up into her hands. She saw Takeko was still holding hers so she leaned in to take a look, “Oh wow,” she breathed. “The colors...” there were no words as she silently held hers out next to the angel's so they could look between them both. She examined them, feeling a slight warmth fill her chest at the sight. They both gave her such beautiful feelings, one was the sun caressing her face on a bright day and the other a splash of clear water from a wave hitting the shore.

She was snapped out of her sweet daydreams when the hairs on the back of her neck stood on end. She knew the other sitting next to her must have felt the same thing when she saw her glance up into the trees. When she focused (going a bit cross-eyed for a moment) she could see particles dancing in the sunlight as they floated their way to the ground, and hear a light rustling echoing off the other trees in the clearing. They weren't alone.

Bree pushed herself closer to the other as she squeaked, “H-hello?” They had already been seen, so no use in trying to sneak away, “Excuse us if we're trespassing on your space,” She looked at Takeko not sure what she was mumbling on and on about, but perhaps it was just the nerves, “but maybe you can help us with what we've found?”

Teigra

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:14 am
The pair received only silence in answer. Takeko's eyes scanned the Clearing for any sign of movement, but other than a butterfly flitting through some low branches, she saw nothing. She could only frown. She felt uneasy, but the feeling was only lingering. It had to have been her imagination, right? Surely.

Nothing dangerous ever came to the Fae Clearing at least...right?

Oh wait...she had personal testimony that said otherwise.

Trying not to seem as outwardly worried, at least for her new friend's sake, Takeko shook her head and looked back at the Fae. "I don't see or hear anyone out there. Maybe it was just a deer in the forest? Or a bird; something," she shrugged helplessly before turning her attention back to the seed pods. Her earlier suspicions returned as the empty silence entered her mind. Still nothing. Could it be?

"I'd really like to take this home and study it," she admitted, no small amount of curiosity present. Looking back towards Bree, she asked, "Do you live around here somewhere, dear?"

Irish Night Fox

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:40 am
Even as Takeko talked away the fear and uncertainty of what they had just heard, Bree continued to stare up into the tree branches. Her eyes caught sight of the same butterfly, but quickly scanned the area away from it. Perhaps her new friend was right and it was their imagination playing with them making something harmless seem like it was after them. She knew she was certainly still hyped up on adrenaline from the seeds cracking open that could be sending her imagination in over drive.

She forced herself to tear her eyes away from the tree and surrounding area and set them back on the angel, “I live a good walk through the forest, but close enough. If you're far you're welcome to stay with me till you feel up for the journey home. If not, feel free to find me if anything happens. I will do the same if you would just let me know where I could meet you again.”

Though half of their time spent together had been mildly frightening, she did hope this wasn't the end of their adventures together. She gathered up the seed tenderly in its cloth and placed it in the basket. She rearranged a few of her herbs in her basket to make more room for it before wrapping it back up. She picked herself up off the ground and brushed herself off before holding her hand out offering to help Takeko up. “Better get going if we want to learn more about these things", she said as she picked her basket up, holding it more carefully than she usually would. She wasn't sure how delicate the seed really was, but she wasn't taking any chances with it.

Teigra

Irish Night Fox
Crew

Chatty Regular

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 8:41 am
Taking the offered hand, Takeko stood, still carefully cradling the seed pod in her other arm. "Thank you," she replied with a smile, then glanced about the ground at their feet to see nothing had been forgotten. "I'll not refuse, if that's an invitation," she answered with a chuckle. "I live closer to the river in the south, on the south edge of the canyon in fact, so it's more like a short flight than a walk." She could take some time to figure out how best to carry the pod on her flight home, if her new friend didn't mind a visitor for a while. She seemed honestly welcoming.

Brushing off, she made as if ready to be moving. "I'll be happy to return the favor someday, Bree. Though I might need to show you where I live first," she laughed. Glancing down at the shimmering orbs they'd discovered, she noted, "For now though, I suppose we could spend some time wondering over these. I do think we should be very gentle with them though." It was all she'd say concerning her suspicions for now.

Irish Night Fox

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces