Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:55 pm
User Image

Just past the Waplei Marsh stood a single story house and a large barn. The whole of the ranch was posted off with an empty patch that would eventually become a cotton patch. The earth was tilled but frozen in slumber. The alpaca's were already snuggled up in the barn under blankets for warmth.

The house itself wasn't the prettiest thing in the world, from the bazaar flat roof of the same wood as the rest of the house to the chimney that stuck out much higher then that roof. What did seem warm and friend was the smoke coming from that chimney. Against the unseasonable chill, the home was warm and brightened by candle lamps and the hearth fires.

Inside a pink angel dances about doing small tasks in the kitchen area. Fresh stew sat on the kettle in the stove and she worked on putting together a brandy-apple pie. Humming to herself, Zofie was prepared for the quite nights as her company had left on some quest leaving her in the home to herself.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:12 pm
User ImageArestia was walking, just waling. He was utterly lost and had no idea where he was. He could see a nice and cozy house off in the distance, but then, the fae wasn't certain it was a home. There were fuzzy things out in the yard. The fae wasn't really sure he was seeing things properly. He'd never seen those fuzzy weird looking things. But then, he hadn't seen too much of the island that he was living on.

"What the hell is that?" He grumbled, trying to make his way through the alpaca farm. At least Arestia knew there was a house up there. He was trying to make his way to it. It was so cold out and he didn't know where he was. He knew he had to build one, but he couldn't tell when it was. "Hello?" Arestia called, hoping for just a little relief. Just a little time out of the cold weather. Anything.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:22 pm
Looking out the window, Zofie just happened to catch sight of a figure in the distance. She needed a double take, having scanned the horizon, she had originally looked back down. Her eyes caught up with her brain and the pink lady's head snapped back as she noted the figure fully now.

While they lived on what should be a pretty well used trade group, she'd never had visitors come by. Standing at her sink and window, she watched the figure for a few moments before it was clear he was looking at her home.

Back away, she straitened her green dress and made sure to smooth her hair. The outfit was obscene for the weather; however she was in doors and saw no reason to change. With a deep breath, she was sure that she looked presentable for company. Walking to the door, she opened it and immediately regretted the action.

The biting cold attacked her and she had to battle with her instinct to shut the door. Shrinking against the door, she shut her eyes against the cold air before making them open again, "You must be cold." She called out to the stranger raising one hand from his hiding place behind the door to wave over the Fae, "Please, do come in and warm up." Inwardly she whined a little, hoping he would take the invitation quickly as the cold was harsh.

Raising a foot, she wrapped it against the other leg leaving only her bare shoulder, and half of her face truly viable to the outdoors.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:41 pm
Arestia gaped, staring at the door as it opened. It looked so warm inside. And then a pink thing stepped out. Was it one of those fuzzy things he was thinking of curling up with? Stia couldn't figure out what it was. He knew better than to be out in this weather, but Guardians be damned, he had to be. He hadn't a choice. But then it started talking.

"Hello?" He called again, shocked that anything would even try to come out in this weather. Oh it was so very very cold.

"I'd love to, but I feel I can't move my legs right now." He tried not to sigh, realizing that his legs were so numb he couldn't tell if he was moving them or not. Poor guy probably had frostbite and was going to loose his toes. He hoped not, but he couldn't be certain. Not when he couldn't feel either of his legs. "If you would kindly wait at the inside of the front door so only one of us stays frozen?" The fae offered. This other pae was being kind enough to make sure he got warm, he could at least be gracious enough to accept it and try to keep them as warm as they could be till he got there.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:57 pm
Zofie blinked one eye, the other staying closed due to the wind and the cold. She heard everything he said and felt so bad for him to be freezing like that. As her mind raced, she mentally completed several tasks.

Warm water would need to be heated to help warm him up, he'd need blankets and hot food. Everything she could do though not all at once. Wait! Zofie called out, "Please hurry, I will set things up!" Reluctantly she closed the door. It felt rude to close it without her guest. There was no small amount of relief as the cold air reared up then dissipated as the heat from the fire came in like a warm hug.

Rushing to the stove, the angel spared only a moment to pull her long hair up into a momentary ponytail. At the fire's side, she basked in the warmth, closing her eyes for just a moment. Quickly, the task at hand, taking a poker, she moved one of the mounted kettle arms with the bubbling stew off the fire. Agitating the meal sent the fragrant cooked smell into flooding the room. Beef, potatoes, turnips,celery, carrots and some spices she was comfortable as well as the slight onion aroma came out just at hearty smelling as she intended. If it tasted as it smelled she'd be thrilled.

The other kettle arm always had a kettle of water on it, it was a small matter to move the pot over the fire to warm. Turning on her heel, she rushed past the small kitchen table to the lien closet. She pulled out thick blankets in a spectrum of blues and greens.

Most were made of cotton but she had one in her hand made of Alpaca fibers from the trimming the ladies got. Kurt had said it was better for their coats but had no idea the cold would come like this. They had blankets of their own and she was grateful for the soft, warm blanket they had bartered for of it. This one was special, from the brindle ladies and not dyed.

Taking another blanket, Zofie bundled up herself covered from head to toe in a silver-blue blanket. When she was snug enough, showing just her blue eyes and a few silver strands of hair, she went quickly to the door and opened it again. The hand that wasn't holding her ward against the cold held the alpaca blanket she intended to give him first.

Opening the door, she thrust out the blanket without looking. Her eyes were shut in tense preparation for the biting cold's assault once more.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:12 pm
Arestia had managed to make it almost to the door when she opened it again. It was slow moving, yes, but he didn't mind taking the time to make sure he didn't fall down. He already had a feeling nothing was going to go right unless she was kind enough to let him stay until this bitter cold passed. Stia just hoped she was. But now he knew she was a she. Not just a thing or a pae he never met before. But then, she was a pae he'd never met. She was just a kind pae.

He winced, feeling the warmth flood out through the door as he tried to hurry his pace. But then there was a blanket thrust in his hands. Oh glorious blanket. His hand instantly felt better. At least a little less frozen. There was a little feeling in them from just the blanket alone. Stia wasn't certain what kind of blanket it was, but it was a nice one. "Thank you!" He smiled, trying not to regret this action. But he was just so grateful for the kindness she was showing him.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:22 pm
Zofie brought her hand back to the safety of her relatively warm blanket. With her cocoon of fabric, there was enough of her pink face and blue eyes to show a smile in return. She promised him, "Once you are in we'll get you warmed up and eating something hot." Stepping back, she retreated further into the house and slightly behind the door.

The blue fabric gripped tightly spread out as she motioned for him to enter.

Sitting on a cabinet, the other part of the 'we' watched curiously. Her mellon, Saki wasn't doing anything to be helpful. Rather it was frustrated that the nap was disrupted by the icy fingers of the invading cold. Still, Saki smelt the stew and thus the pae were granted a pardon.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:27 pm
He was still slow moving. Stia was trying to watch where his feet went, which was harder than he realized it would be once he stopped feeling them. "Thank you" He stuttered, finally feeling the warmth spreading over him. Oh thank the guardians, he might actually make it.

He managed to get himself inside the door and reach to shut it behind himself. Once that was done, Stia collapsed into a puddle of a pae on the floor. He was so very very cold. "Oh Guardians it feels good in here!" He exclaimed. Every word of it was true, oh so very true. But then, even just snuggling with those furry things would have felt almost as good as the inside of this house.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:44 pm
Zofie had started to turn, ready to gather the next task when she heard the distinct sound of a body hitting the floor. In one movement, she twirled on her left foot, the blanket falling in a pool behind her. Fluidly she moved the steps between them and knelt to check on him. "Oh!" her voice full of compassion and concern, he looked so cold. Blue eyes of worry scanned the half frozen pae looking for signs of injuries.

the beautiful purple and black wings worried her as much as the smaller extremities like ears and antenna. With delicate wings and small areas to freeze easier, she feared some harm could have come to him. Reaching a hand out, the pink angel had come so close to touching his cheek to check temperature when she heard a bowl hit the ground behind her.

Recalling her hand as if her guest had bitten her, she whirled around from the crouched position to glance at the kitchen. Saki had knocked something over. Standing now she took the time to straighten her dress and walk over saying to her guest, "Don't worry, you'll be warm and comfy in no time."

From there she bounched around the kitchen moving on the balls of her feet as she grabbed bowls and spoons. One more twirl and she was back over to the fire just a bound and a skip away.

From there she tested the water with her hand. It wasn't hot-hot, stage above luke warm as her guess. Anything too hot ran the risk of causing discomfort. With a pleased hum, she moved the kettle off the fire and went into the bathroom off the kitchen. There she popped in and back out with a basin roughly three inches deep and plenty wide for two frozen feet.

It was Saki's bath tub and the sight of the yellow basin sent the mellon to the air. Fearful of a bath, the little creature went to her room to hide under her bed. As she was home, her door was open facing the living room. Well, the living slash dinning slash kitchen area. The home wasn't huge but the rooms were great sizes.

Without the little distraction she walked to a cushioned blue arm chair and placed the basin down. Quick steps of an angel on a mission she picked up the kettle and came back filling the basin with warm water. Satisfied with the amount, she placed the rest back on the pot and turned to her guest. Reaching a hand out she offered, "Can you stand? The chair will be more comfortable and the warm water should give you your toes back." With a warm smile she kept the pink hand outstretched waiting his reaction.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:05 pm
Stia looked up at her, trying not to look as pitiful as he felt. Blue eyes followed her movements, happy that she was so willing to make sure he was safe. No injury had come to him during his travels, but he couldn't be certain. At least not without feeling in his legs. Stia was just trying to pull the blanket around his shoulders when she returned and asked him if he could stand.

"I can try, but..." A glance down at his feet. "Not sure I'll be much help getting up.." He winced, trying to move his wings when he grabbed her hand. They were really sore. Must've gotten those pretty good with the weather too. But they helped him get on his feet without pulling too much from her strength. After a lot of grunting, wincing, and groaning, Stia was finally upright and still clinging to the alpaca fur blanket she'd handed him outside.

"Thank you" The words were stammered, his body finally realizing it had been in a very dangerous situation. If he'd been out there much longer... Arestia didn't want to think about it.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:15 pm
With a look of deep concentration, Zofie watched his every move with a critical eye. His wings in particular had her attention. While beautiful, a Fea's wings didn't have feathers to protect them and she had cause to worry. Though with every movement, the frown turned into a worried smile. The brightening or tightening was fully dependent on the second. Sounds of pain brought a tightening; however, the show that everything still worked as it should caused a bright smile.

She held on to him after he had taken her hand. Inwardly she winced, he felt like a ice cube walking around in a pae suit! Very gently she told him, "It is no bother," She replied to the thanks, and offered a warm smile, "I am very happy to help"

However, she was not done helping, "Just a few inches and you'll be nice and comfy. Are you hungry?" The only correct answer was yes, but she was polite enough to ask first. Using her other hand she held about what she believed to be his elbow. It was hard to tell with the blanket but she was trying to help offer additional support as she encouraged him gently to move that last bit. "Once you are comfortable I won't make you move again." All she wanted to do was help, the angel very much hoped he could see that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:31 pm
Stia gave her a pained smile. He knew very well that she was only trying to help. She was doing so much for a complete stranger. "I appreciate it so very much Ma'am." He wasn't as slow moving as before, before he was utterly frozen. Now? Now he was just trying to thaw out. It was going to take him a few minutes.

"I'd love something to eat if it's not too much trouble?" He asked, trying not to stutter. Oh Guardians he just wanted to thaw out and eat something. When was the last time he'd put anything in his stomach? The fae winced, hearing a very faint growl in his stomach. Just the mention or thought of food had reminded him he was starving.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:40 pm
It was when he called her ma'am that she realized they didn't know each others names! For a moment she fretted wondering just where had her manners gone? As the hostess she should have introduced herself from the start. Absently she chewed on her bottom lip a moment before collecting herself back up.

With a refreshed smile she says, "I am Zofie, the flying wonder now hiding is Saki. I am so pleased to have you in my home!" No stiring from her bedroom told her Saki either ignored her or more like was sleeping again. Apparently mellons hibernated judging by her own.

Thrilled he took the offer, she hummed a moment and said, "It is no trouble at all! Just as soon as you are seated," Safety she added to herself, "I'll get you a big bowel of beef stew. I also have some of the last fall apples from the trading post." By now the stew should be less melt your tongue hot and more warm the insides hot. Already she looked over to the fire. Nothing caught fire while she wasn't looking and the stew smelled divine.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:53 pm
"Zofie and Saki?" He tried to pronounce each name. They sounded nice on his tongue. But then, he also was just grateful to not have to call them both ma'am. "My na-name is Stia." The fae forced the words out of his mouth, trying not to take forever and a day to speak to her. But, Zofie seemed pleased to have him there. Was it just because he was a passing stranger? Stia didn't want to think she was that kind of pae, she was so very nice.

"It smells amazing in here..." He looked around, blue eyes searching for any hint of another pae. It wasn't that he was adverse to the idea, this wasn't his home and he had no claim on her. But he didn't want to intrude on a multi-pae home. The thought was a little... Well he didn't like it. "Are you the only pae here?" He asked, fixing his gaze back on her.

Dementia Requiem Asumi

Spoopy Enchantress

17,375 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:04 pm
She beamed when he said her name, nodding her head to the affirmative. With a little hum, she was pleased he had no trouble with her name. As he introduced himself, she greeted him properly, "It is wonderful to meet you, Stia." His own name was different, using syllables she didn't often use in that order. Still he was a nice name and she enjoyed knowing by his name.

Closing her eyes a few moments, she took in the aroma around them and soaked in what she saw as praise. Good food started with great smells, "Thank you, I've been working on it. I may not be the best cook ever, but I can promise you won't go hungry!" A hungry pae just wouldn't do. She liked to see people full and happy.

Moving her own eyes, she met his blue gaze with her own equally blue eyes, "At the moment," she explained, "I share the house with an alpaca farmer, Kurt. He is on some mission so I am by myself." Considering the blue angel and her relationship with him, she pondered a moment as to how to describe him. Looking up at the ceiling, she found no hidden wisdom, "Kurt took me in, we built this ranch together. With grown kids of his own, I think I ended up getting adopted." She let out a chuckle at that idea. Having had no one, she wasn't opposed to the idea. Kurt had been a wonderful friend and every bit the father figure in her life at this time.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff