Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP] Meet the Chief (Everfree, Rais and Vanya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:14 pm
Meet the Chief, he had been told he need to meet with the Chief and to day he would do just that. It had only been about two days since he had come to the Tree, inwardly the faunnie worried that the tardiness of presenting himself would count against him. As a new member of the community, it had been his goal not to cause a bad name. He had good intentions, but got side tracked with his new friend. Had Stallion Justmo already told the Chief he was here? Maybe the Tree knew. However information spread, he was hoping to not make it worse by coming early in day to attempt to catch the Chief when he wasn't as busy.

In his head he rehearsed what he was going to say. In his heart he knew what he wanted, to be able to be of service to his new home, to help keep it safe. Having no idea what to expect, it was no shame to admit he was nervous. All he had heard about the Chief was good and positive. He trusted the opinions of his friends.

All the same, standing outside the door delaying further was sure to leave a less then desirable impression. Raising a green fist, he knocked on the door. With wings tucked close, he stood at attention waiting with strained ears hoping to catch sound of anyone inside.

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:52 pm
User Image

Picking up the steaming cup of tea, the Chieftain idly blew the steam vapors away to cool it while continuing to scan over the parchment in his hand. Hmm...yes, yes...alright, not a surprise. He set the report down and focused on the tea, inhaling the steaming vapors, then relaxing with a sigh. Nothing like a cup of tea to help one sort through morning business. "Thank you," he murmured to the other figure in the room before taking a sip.

"Of course, sir," the Seer answered with a knowing smile, already enjoying her own morning cup of tea. She knew the Chieftain had been pulling longer hours than usual lately, so she had kept up her tradition of bringing him tea when she thought he needed it most. That tended to be most mornings. She wouldn't mention to anyone else that she'd found him fast asleep on the scattered reports on his desk this morning when she'd arrived; though she had reminded him that he still needed to sleep sometime. Preferably in a bed, not hunched over his desk.

After fussing with the reports for a few more minutes, Rais stacked them up and pushed them aside, setting his cup on the table between them. "I did want to bring up a point of business with you. While I know this isn't the sort of thing you normally give advice on, I would like your opinion as well as your help with a simple related matter."

Attention snapping towards the Chieftain, Vanya shifted, sitting straighter in her seat. "Of course, Chief. How can I help?"

"Aside from myself and the Earthmother, you've probably seen the most of the past for yourself," he started. "Err...I assume you've seen--"

"I have, sir, go on."

Rais cleared his throat and continued, "Err, yes, so, from what you've seen, I suppose you've seen some of our defenses from the past." An affirmative nod, so he went on. "While I have the utmost faith in our rangers and scouts...they are only rangers and scouts. We don't have any sort of defensive infantry force on the ground. What's your opinion?"
User Image
Vanya frowned for a moment in consideration, calling up some of the less horrifying visions of the battlefield she'd witnessed. "I am no expert on warfare or tactics, sir," she started, shaking her head, "However, I can affirm, I have seen the Faun armies of the past. There were hundreds strong on the ground, in heavy armor wielding sturdy shields and weaponry of all types. The archers in the branches covered the air, true, but there was still work to be done for those on the ground."

Rais nodded thoughtfully. That was the impression he'd had as well. "There are some pieces of armor left in storage. Not many, but enough to base new designs on. Of course, if we're going to outfit an army, I think our Shaper may need to take on some apprentices," he said with a chuckle. He started to say something else when there was a knock on his door. It was early yet, so he turned a questioning gaze towards the door. He wasn't expecting anyone this early, but he'd come to expect questions and visitors at any time. What he was discussing was no great secret at least, or wouldn't be soon, so he shrugged and called, "Come in!" before turning back to Vanya and continuing his train of thought.

"In any case, I have a sort of side project I'd like to start on. If you could, speak to Captain Gulliver if you get the chance today. I need the names of a few of his veteran rangers who might have skills that be made of use elsewhere. Especially any with particular hand-to-hand combat abilities or who have shown particular skill in coming up with defensive strategies. I'd like them to start taking on trainees of their own, a few squads to start forming our own infantry force."

"Of course, sir. I'll get the names to you later today," the Seer promised, one ear swiveling towards the door and the incoming guest. She didn't recognize the aura signature, but...she couldn't be expected to know every Faun in the Tree, could she? Okay, almost...

EvilSilverDragon
((Sorry for the delay! Imma' use this starting post to kick off a little side plot planning. XD))

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:51 pm
As he waited, he fidgeted. Rolling his shoulders and stretching his wings, the anxious faun could hardly settle himself. In his head he had dozens of conversions with the Chief ranging from great to being kicked out of the tree. The tardiness bothered him, and what to say bothered him more.

With a heavy sigh, he collected his wings back to a comfortable closeness. Then came the tail swaying with aggressive back and forth motion. As he was adsorbed into his 'conversion' the stallion almost double guessed the invitation.

Looking at the door for several breaths, he finally stepped forward and pushed the door open. For a few breaths he stood still looking at the two in the room.

As the Chief was described as male, he figured who one of the fauns was, it was the other he had no clue about. She was very pretty, a lovely blue mane and hooves. He wondered if she was the Chieftain's wife. There was also a note about the flower in her main, Luna had the same one ofsetting her main like a star in the night sky.

This lady had a day star in the mane of blue and black. The weirdest things grew out of their heads. He only looked a few seconds but then shook jerked his head slightly back as if startled. He was, back into action. Staying at the door frame so he could reasonably show both of them respect, he bowed to both. His head was bowed, brown mane falling to cover his brown eyes. His left arm went over his chest with the fist landing on his other shoulder.

"I apologize for being tardy in introducing myself. I met Princess Luna and Stallion JustMo one moon ago. I delayed yesterday in presenting myself and for that I deeply apologize."
For a few moments he stayed like that, then rose to full height to state who he was, "I am Princ--" Was that rude now? He still couldn't decide so he omitted, "I am Everfree. I come from Equestria and was draw to the Tree. I am sorry if I interrupted anything. I seek permission to stay. If I may be so bold I have questions as well."

He was fully prepared to be sent away until a better time, that was why he hadn't left the door frame.

Teigra
No trouble I know you are very busy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:57 am
Pushing aside his tea to focus on the stranger, Rais listened to his introduction before standing and moving around his desk towards the other male. "Another traveler from Equestria? It has been some time since the others arrived. I hope your travels were safe, or as much as could be expected?" He'd heard little details on the trouble in this other land, but enough to know that if it forced so many from their homes, it must have been dangerous indeed.

"I'm afraid my Adviser only gave me the barest details, but he did mention a new arrival who wished to see me. Please, come in," he gestured in towards his workspace, waiting to close the door behind Everfree. "I suppose you've figured out who I am, but we should do things properly. I am Chieftain Rais. The lady before you is our Seer and Spiritual Healer, the Lady Vanya."

Having been quiet throughout the exchange thus far, the sightless Seer now stood at her introduction, smiling and offering her hand. "A pleasure, sir." Though he had apparently only been in Laisidhiel for a short time, she sensed a profound connection with nature about the stranger. Of course, that was natural for any Faun, but it struck her as particular with this individual.

Moving back behind his desk, Rais gestured towards the remaining chair next to the Seer's. "Please, have a seat. If you have it, I would welcome news of the homeland of our returned kindred. And of course, any questions you may need to ask. I hope my Adviser and his fair mate helped make you feel welcome? After all, we welcome all our scattered kin to return home to Laisidhiel. Unless you feel there is some reason you would not be allowed to stay?" His expression remained pleasant, implying that it was meant as a casual jest. There were only a short list of reasons any Faun would ever be turned away from the Great Tree. Hard to imagine any of those being true for a newcomer from a strange land.

EvilSilverDragon

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:08 pm
Watching the Chief put down his tea, Everfree distinctly felt like he had interrupted something. As he was not being asked to leave, surely his timing couldn't be but so bad. The tea had his attention for a few moments, reminding him of Celestia and her own love of tea. While such a small thing, it did give him a shred of familiarity and that was enough.

Considering his trip he said a few words on it, "I tried to stay but could no longer, the journey was an uncertain thing. I came to the tree unharmed, however." He was reluctant to make it sound so bad, the question was posed politely and he hardly wanted to go on about it.

With the invitation granted, he moved into the space slowly making his way towards the center of the room as much as he could. With the formal introduction given, Everfree gave another bow towards the Cheiftan, "I am honored to meet you, Chieftain Rais." Then he looked towards the lady in the room.

There was a moment where he raised an eyebrow with his unfamiliarity with exactly what a Seer was. A position of great respect, he gathered, but what it meant was unclear. Visions maybe? For the time being, it hardly mattered what it really meant. Without hesitation, he took the dark hand offered to him with the barest of touch. With fingers gently curled around hers he gave a small kiss to her knuckles as a gentlecolt's gesture. "I am honored to meet you, Lady Vanya." That used to be the courtly thing to do, he was unsure if it was any more or if it was ever at all here.

Releasing her hand, he still bowed his head again all the same and took the seat offered to him. Sitting, he allowed his hands to sit in his lap. It felt awkward, like he didn't even know what to do with his limbs at the moment. All he could do was place one hand on top of the other and try to push the antsy feeling aside. The was ever the poor showing.

At least talking gave a distraction and he began after the pause ending the Chieftains words. "I lived apart from the rest of the ponies, it a forest few would dare go on their own volition. I am not sure how the others that stayed behind fared. The world was thrown out of balance when the Princesses left. However my forest always existed without the ponies doing everything, with its own weather and animals on their own. I feel certain that the world will continue on if not how we remembered it. There does not appear to be a way back, even if anypony had wanted it." It wasn't all bad, whatever had driven them, there would surely be something existing behind. Those that had stayed may even find a new way of life. At least he hoped, the idea that everypony else might have perished was much too hard of a thought to keep.

With a warm smile, he thought of Princess Luna, "Seeing a familiar face was most welcoming. I am very happy that Princess Luna is happy. They both were very kind. Your Adviser gave me a place to stay for the night." Was it his? He hadn't even thought to ask when the place was offered.

Awkwardly he brought a hand up to run through the side of his mane to stave off the worries that had grown on him, "I confess I have lived apart for a very long time, I am unsure now the rules as it were. I knew what to expect in Equestria, here I do not know what is expected of me. I don't want to step into something and cause any sort of distress." The pleasant expression of the chief made him feel he worried too much. Doing something wrong and having to leave after finally reconnecting with others would be horrifying. It was unnerving not to know what wrong was beyond the universal wrongs and rights.

Only when he thought he might have answered the questions posed of him, did the ailcorn venture to ask his own. "I would like to know what it is I can do for the Tree and kin. I know I am new, but I would very much like to help in any way I might be able. I am strong, and quick enough to be sure I can learn to do anything that might be requested of me." For so long he had a duty and there was pride in doing what he could for his kin. Here, at the moment he had nothing but wished very much to change that, to be useful.

Teigra

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:32 am
Rais folded his hands, leaning on his desk to listen attentively before responding. "While it is disheartening to hear that the situation in your homeland remains uncertain, I am glad that you yourself made it here safely. I suppose if there is any good news to be shared, the others would be eager to have it."

"I understand that perhaps Laisidhiel could be a bit overwhelming at first for anyone, but especially if you're used to living alone. However, you do not have to live within at all times to be welcome here. If you are more comfortable living somewhere outside the Tree, you would still be welcome here. There are those who have alcoves here, though they frequently travel the Isle as well. Laisidhiel remains an open home for all Faun, whether they live beneath her branches or no."

"That being said, of course, if the alcove where you stayed last night is to your liking and is otherwise unclaimed, you are welcome to have it. Or any other without a claim. We're an open community where everyone pitches in and helps how they can. We have those who do some farming, in addition to what the Tree provides us. We have special crops up in the branches. I believe those with wings like yourself have found the branches to be more 'home' than within the Tree itself. Then, our rangers serve as scouts and hunters. Within the Tree, we have cooks, healers, teachers, caretakers...it's simply the matter of finding where you most comfortably fit in with whatever skills you possess," he finished with a smile.

"I know it can be awkward to adjust," he continued with an understanding nod, "but try not to worry too much. Awkward we can deal with. All I ask is that those who live within Laisidhiel respect their home and one another. We are all a family of sorts. As long as no true harm is meant to any beneath these branches, then there is no real concern to be had."

EvilSilverDragon

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:37 pm
Increasingly, Everfree started to relax as he listened to the Chief talk.Some time during the response he even unclasped his hands allowing them to just sit without really noticing that he had done it. There was a reassurance in the other male's words. Permeating the conversation was the sense of 'welcome home'. After a while he even started feeling just a little silly for being as concerned as he was.

With the mention of crops in the branches where his wings could come of use, the stallion temporary took his eyes off the Chief and shifted his wings out a fraction glancing at them before settling them back against his back. His eyes fell on the Seer a moment before meeting back on the speaking Chief.

The pegasus had wings, naturally, as did the royals. What he pondered was if those native to the tree saw the same among their number or if wings were a new thing. Weighing in his head, he wondered if those would allow him to do work that maybe the other faun were not as able or would be a bitter risk. Falling from the top the tree without wings would likely be fatal. In the same, a scout who could fly might also be a valuable resource.

Silently, there had been a hope he would be assigned, allocated to where he could do the most good. True with all things, the place a pony is most suited for is often the place they found for themselves. "I am a defender, I would like to help defend my new home, if you have need of such things." As his journey to the Tree was without major incident, he had no way of knowing if they even needed a defense force.

It could be the world was like the one they had left, peaceful and secure. Sure there were problems now and again but it was rare that something occurred at all. The more active the threats as of late could have been more a sign of the cataclysmic change that occurred to send their kind fleeing to this world then any commentary on the state of the world itself. "I have friends here, and look forward to making more." Time maybe his biggest ally, that and courage.

Teigra

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 8:10 am
The Chieftain listened attentively, also taking note of the other's body language and each of the small signals that spoke to the thoughts he didn't share aloud. He didn't speak on these, waiting patiently until the other spoke before responding. "Laisidhiel is always in need of protectors," he affirmed. "If you'd like, you could speak to the guard who protect the Great Tree from here, or if you prefer travel, we have the rangers and scouts, as well as hunters, who serve under Captain Gulliver who keep watch for dangers from afar. As the Tree protects and provides for us, we do all we can to protect her in return," he said with a sage nod.

"I am glad that you have reconnected with friends here. Within the Tree, we are all family, to some extent, so I am sure you will make many more connections, if that is what you wish," he added. Rais remembered the other noting that before he had lived apart from the rest. He wondered if that was by choice or circumstance. Of course, he had expressed interest in socializing, so perhaps it had been mere circumstance and not preference before. In that case, Laisidhiel might be a welcome change for the new arrival.

She had remained quiet while the males had conversed, but sensing the lull in the conversation, Vanya spoke up. "I understand that the adjustment to life here in Laisidhiel has been....more difficult for some than others. If ever you require help, or have questions, or just need someone to talk to, my door is always open. The Tree can seem quite busy and hectic at times, especially for those used to living alone. I understand well the need to seek out a quiet place to re-center from time to time," she said with a gentle smile and inclination of her head.

"Of course, there is no pressure. Simply the offer of one new friend to another, or at least, I hope so," she added with a chuckle.

EvilSilverDragon

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Fri May 16, 2014 5:14 pm
Everfree listened to Rais' response and gave a small nod. The answer wasn't quite what he wanted to hear. It was unreasonable of him to just assume he could be placed somewhere that he could serve the most good. His own original position was not assigned to him either. There he saw a need and filled it. There was great wisdom in finding where you belong rather then just being placed somewhere.

Accepting the logic he gave a small bow of his head, "I will speak to the guard, and seek out the Captain." He'd have to find out where he fit in on his own. The guidance the Chief offered and the direction was very appreciated. Now he knew where to start.

Shifting his ears first then quickly his whole head and torso towards Vanya, the stallion listened to her words as well. The offer of friendship touched him deeply, "Thank you very much, Lady Vanya. I will remember your offer at all times." Finding her door might take some work but offer was worth it.

With a lot to think about, and may to seek out, Everfree stood and gave another formal bow to both, "I thank you both for your time and guidance. With your leave, I would like to start searching out where I can be of service." The guard was the first choice, as it was close to the Tree but nothing was ruled out. He wanted to protect and guide in his own way.

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 1:42 pm
The Chieftain tipped his head to the bow. "Of course, you may. Best of luck in your search, and if you have questions, there are always willing ears to listen and hands to help out."

The Seer's ear flicked lightly towards the alicorn and she bowed her head in farewell too. "May the Earth keep your journey short and your steps light, Everfree."

EvilSilverDragon

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash