Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Shadows of Hope (Ikwagiza x Kyros)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:54 pm
The sun was high above her head as she padded across the flat land. Ikwagiza was making her way toward a watering hole that she could see. Her travel was a constant, as was her search for the family she so desperately desired. A destination was never something she aimed for, just to find those that she couldn't remember. Each false lead sucked some hope from her.

She paused momentarily to get her bearings and shake the negativity from her mind. It wasn't what she needed right now, she must press on.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:25 pm
Kyros allowed himself to relax as he sat next to the watering hole. He had been wandering aimlessly for what seemed like years, though he knew that only a couple months since he had a run in with his brother. After his run in with his brother, he had lost his main purpose in life. His brother had moved on in life and Kyros had kept the same petty anger he held toward his brother since they were younger.

With that anger gone, he had just began wandering with no destination. If he saw someone in danger, he would help them but he wouldn't stick around long enough to even hear a thank you from them.

He dipped his head toward the water and took a drink. Soon he would be leaving this place as well. As he raised his head, he saw a cheetah in the distance. He gave a small polite smile, despite the fact that she probably could see it. It had been mostly out of habit then anything.

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:42 am
She could see a dark creature and a watering hole. It seemed to gaze at her then quickly return to it's business, not threatening but not friendly either. She decided a short break was in order and set that area as her destination.

She approached the water from the opposite side of the, as she could now tell, male cheetah. She heavily and wearily plopped her hind on the ground and sighed. Her eyelids felt heavy as she lowered her head to drink. The other cheetah had not yet left, so she took another look at him. Perhaps... perhaps he knew something of her family? He was a cheetah. His markings were not familiar, so he probably was not related to her. She suddenly felt re-energized at the thought of finding her family. Her spirits perked up significantly and a big grin crossed her face as she sat back up.

"Excuse me? Hello? Hi there, I'm Ikwagiza!" She said to him, across the water, as she stood up to trot around and get closer to him.

Club Snails

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:34 pm
At first he was a bit flustered. He wasn't expecting her to talk to him when he spotted her or that she would be so energetic. It was nice though. He rarely sought out company, especially when he was planning on leaving the area. However he thought he would stick around and have a chat with her. It might bring his spirits up.

“Hello Ikwagiza. My name is Kyros,” He introduced. “Are you from this area?” He asked curiously. He hadn't been in the area for too long, just a couple days. There was bound to be those he hadn't seen yet.

“I've been traveling and I thought this place would be a good place to rest for a little bit.” he explained looking around. “One of the nicer spots I've stopped at.”

tani duh!

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:38 pm
Ahh, he was responsive and a traveler! She didn't know it, but she was beaming with excitement and high hopes. If he traveled lots he must know something, someone! She was by his side by the time he finished introducing himself and speaking. He had a very dark pelt and intricate patterns on his back and face and she could make out the edges of some beneath his mane. He didn't look like a cheetah from any group she had encountered before. She took a deep breath, encouraged by finding him after so many fruitless searches and dead end leads.

"Kyros... Kyros! It's wonderful to make your acquaintance!" She pulled a paw back and gave a slight bow. "I'm not from this area at all, no! I travel, much like you." Every sentence was short and exclaimed, much like a small child being asked what he or she would like for their birthday. Child-like energy seeped from her.

"Ahh, it is a nice spot!" She looked around her, she only noticed the water before, not the sand that lined it or the grass just beyond that. "It's peaceful here. How long have you been traveling? Do you know many cheetahs?" She jumped right to the fruit of her problem, the search, in hopes he had good information.

Club Snails

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 9:35 pm
She was so energetic, he thought. It caused him to smile. There weren't many he ran into who were so full of energy. It was like a breath of fresh air. He bowed his head in return. “It's always nice to meet a fellow traveler.” He said with a nod.

He thought about her questions. “Well, when I lived with my family we traveled together. I left them a few years ago and started traveling alone.” He felt a lump in his throat as he talked about it. Both him and his brother had left his parents on a sour note. He felt a tinge of guilt thinking about them.

“I've met some fellow cheetahs while traveling.” he tried thinking of specifics. “There was a small band of performers and they had a couple cheetahs in their group. I've met some warrior cheetahs, elegant ones and the occasional racing cheetah which I guess isn't surprising.” He said with a laugh.

“I don't really know them too well though. I usually spend one or two days with them then continue onward.” He was grateful for their hospitality, but he didn't want to be a burden to them. “What about you? Run into any interesting cheetahs?” It was nice having someone he could talk to. He rarely bumped into fellow travelers, let alone a cheetah!

tani duh!

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:32 pm
He had so many stories! He had met so many others! Performing cheetahs? Warrior cheetahs? Elegant cheetahs?! She was in total awe. She shifted her weight from paw to paw as he talked, excitement and nervousness and anticipation all racing through her.

"I've run into several cheetahs. None as interesting as those you've met though! To be honest, I'm always looking to run into cheetahs!" She finally sat down, holding in her energy. "I'm on a search! I'm trying to find my family!" She gave him a big beaming grin. Her hope was through the roof, she had finally found someone who had been traveling for an extended amount of time, someone who had met different types of animals from all different walks of life!

"Kyros, have you ever met any cheetahs missing family? Perhaps cheetahs missing someone named 'Ikwagiza'?" She tilted her head slightly as she spoke, wondering if he'd make the connection. "I'm searching for people who are searching for me! Well, they might not be searching for me..." She paused for moment. Those words. Painful but true. No one ever knew her name, knew of another cheetah like her or looking for her. She shook away these thoughts and got back to the main problem: " But I'm searching for them, my family."

R4gn0r0k IV

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2014 9:45 pm
Another cheetah who lost her family, he thought. Kyros had lost his sister when he was a younger, an event that tore apart his whole family. He gave her a gentle smile. “I wish you luck on your search.” He said. Her optimism was stunning. He had given up finding his sister. For a long time it had been one of the things that fueled him to carry on. But when he ran into his brother, it all seemed to fall apart.

His ears perked as she talked though. “I'm afraid I have not.” He said, trying to think of all his cheetah encounters. The rogue lands was such a massive place, that loosing a family member wasn't terribly uncommon. It was still tragic when it did happen though. “I am sure that they are searching for you. Families stick together.”

Except for his.

“I could ask around if you like?” He offered. It wasn't like he was really doing much right now. Just traveling aimlessly. The least he could do was try and be useful to someone else. He paused for a moment. “You aren't traveling alone are you?” He had assumed she had a traveling companion. The rogues he met usually traveled in groups.

tani duh!

Fairy Snails

Battle-ready Bloodsucker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas