[PRP] Car Go Boom (Kefaanan & Rama)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:03 pm
Kefa loved playing hide-and-seek. He was so very, very good at it. First of all, he never looked the same by the time he was hidden as he did when he started hiding, so people had to be really clever in knowing what they were looking for when they went looking for him. First, he didn't tend to stay in one hiding spot. He'd switch spots. Of course, some people said that was cheating, but they were just sore losers. It wasn't cheating.

He had been hiding for hours at this point with no one coming anywhere near him. Actually, he'd even given up at hiding. He was just walking around in the open, though still changing form constantly because it was more difficult not to do that than to continue doing it. Someone watching him would be able to observe the stomach-churning process wherein various portions of his body shifted so that he sometimes had a snake's tail and rabbit ears and goat hooves, but never for very long.

He didn't really blend in, is the point here. But no one was finding him anyway. Kefa was beginning to wonder if anyone was even looking anymore, and that made him grouchy.

Thalion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:01 pm
User Image Rama hated water.

If it wasn't absolutely necessary for life to continue, he had half a mind to seek out the goddess who was in charge of the stuff and demand an explanation. He would spend hours grooming himself to perfection. Not one strand of fur or mane out of place, not one feather ruffled, not one claw with a dent, not one flaw to be seen and all it took was ten minutes in the rain for it all to go to rot. Of course, it wasn't bad enough that there were ponds, lakes, rivers, streams, puddles, and whole oceans of the stuff- oh no. It became mist, fog, clouds, humidity, and worst of all- rain.

He couldn't have known that it would rain! How could he? The stuff snuck up on him when he least expected it. A perfect spring day, a lovely boulder in which to warm himself on, and an open grassland seemed so perfect. He had stretched out in the glorious sunlight, allowing his perfect ebony fur to warm itself along his back. The sun had lulled him into a false sense of security and, being far too trusting of the warmth to think anything of it, he had fallen asleep.

And then it rained.

Globs of horrible, wet stuff pelted him without mercy. His beautiful mane was reduced to a sloppy, heavy mess of hair. His wings clung to one another in clusters, and his pelt had been soaked through the bone.

The god had made it, some how, to the domain of the gods. He might have DIED out there but did anyone care!? NO. They were horrible. What would they do without him? Rot, that's what. They'd have no standard of perfection to hold themselves to. They'd not know how to style their manes or groom their feathers. Their standards would take a sharp slide into chaos. The world would burn!

Oh the humanity.

Dropping down in a soggy mess, Rama lifted a paw and began to diligently lick the offending moisture off of himself. At least HERE it wouldn't rain. Something moved close by but he didn't care. He was hideous. This needed mending- and it needed it now.

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:19 pm
Kefa wrinkled his...well, snout would be a more accurate term than nose. The sodden god who had appeared before him looked pretty awful. His eyes widened, and because he was using them especially for seeing, they actually grew larger and his pupils seemed to swallow them entirely, like a galago in the dark.

"Are you the god of Being Wet?" he asked. It seemed like a sort of abstract thing to be, but his own domain was Impermanence, which was not exactly a concrete concept either.

His wings melted into his back and continued to melt down his body until his forelegs were joined to his hind legs by matching flaps of skin after the style of a flying squirrel. A flying squirrel with chartreuse fur and almost-plaid markings swirling down his shoulders toward his tail, which was morphing from a fluffy beaver tail to a sleek mongoose tail.

"You could make your tongue bigger and be done faster," he pointed out helpfully.

Thalion

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:11 pm
He froze, his tongue partway out of his mouth. Someone...saw him!?

He screamed, not a very masculine sound either, and clapped a paw over his mouth. He looked about for the offender, hoping against hope that it wasn't another god. Unfortunately, it was. Most unfortunately. At least mortals were a dime a dozen and they expired after a while- but only after their memory did. Gods, on the other hand, were long-lived and rarely forgot, even into their next lives.

But....this thing didn't look like a god. Or an anything. It looked like one thing- then another, then another. It was difficult to look directly at and Rama found himself forgetting his own tragedy for another's- if only because it baffled him outside of his right mind.

"....what are you doing? What...are you?" The later seemed to be a better question.

Princess_Feylin

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:30 am
Kefa frowned at the older god's questions. He was used to people having an adverse reaction to his constantly changing appearance when they weren't accustomed to him, but here at least they didn't tend to ask what he was. That, Kefa decided, was sort of an offensive question.

"I'm the same as you," Kefa answered with a snide curl of his lip, which obligingly exaggerated itself to make his scorn extra-obvious. "Only I look different. And I don't sound so much like a girl."

The flying squirrel skin was painlessly re-absorbed by his sides and he, with an effort, stopped shifting shape for the most part, leaving himself a somewhat unappealing amalgamation of many creatures in a wide array of colors and patterns. Once he had stopped the shift he began to slowly force himself into a more conventional shape. The slowness was a result of his need to hold that shape rather than make it. Changing shape was all too easy for him.

"Better?" he sniffed disdainfully.

Thalion

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:32 pm
A girl. A GIRL!? He did not sound like a girl! Not 'so much' and not at all. His voice put girls to shame! Put lionesses and the birds to shame! His voice was like a golden bell hung in the pit of his throat, ringing out for all the world to hear. At times it was soft and sweet, but when he needed it to be, it was deep and powerful. A rare gift that few were worthy of hearing- no none were. Any should be humbled and honored to hear his voice. What did this...this... eye sore know!? Nothing, that's what. He was tiny.

Rama snorted and ran a paw over his face to clear the mane from his eyes. As the godling took a more recognizable form he frowned. "Oh a cub." He turned back to grooming his paw and did so until he felt the fur there was decent enough for him to look at. Oh one limb down. Legs, tail, then he had his mane, his whole back- his life was so hard.

"What do you need? I don't play, I'm much too busy with very important matters. If you've lost your mother I'm sure she's... well...what on earth do you keep doing?" He slammed his paw down. All this shapeshifting was very distracting. "Are you the god of indecision? Inconsistent bone density?"

Princess_Feylin
Rama will not win father of the year ever. XD

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:56 pm
Kefa giggled at Rama's obvious distress over his appearance. Kefa couldn't care less about his looks, given how difficult it was for him to exert even the slightest amount of lasting control over them. He didn't offer to help with the grooming though. People who reacted to his appearance like that didn't tend to want him to touch them, he had learned.

"I don't want anything," Kefa answered impatiently. "I was just playing hide-and-seek, but I'm too good at it and I think everyone else gave up on finding me and went home. They're kind of stupid that way."

He plopped down and settled in to watch the vain adult grooming himself. "Why are you so wet? Did you go swimming? I'm a really good swimmer when I have fins."

Thalion

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 5:50 pm
Hide and seek...what a sad little game. His siblings were never too keen on it. One had to hide- for what reason? To be found. If he wanted to be found, he'd not be hiding! And if he wanted to look for someone, he'd not want them hiding. But...some found it amusing apparently. Not him. Nope. He wanted to be seen, and he certainly didn't want to hide! When he hid, he didn't want to be found because at those times he looked like this!

"Maybe they just didn't want to play with you." He pointed out reasonably. It was a cruel thing to say but his own feelings were all that mattered in his universe. "Perhaps they just let you hide so they could go off and do something while you sat somewhere all alone. They might be out flying, or fighting, or whatever it is cubs do these days."

He frowned at the question and snorted. "No....the sky shat on my head in a billion little hell droplets commonly known as rain. It's evil. Look at me! Rain ruins PERFECTION! I spent days on my mane and now look! I'll rip the wings of the one responsible for rain. Mark my words."

Princess_Feylin

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:51 am
"That...that's possible," Kefa allowed. It wasn't as if the thought had not occurred to him, too, but he had no been giving voice to it, lest that cause his suspicion to solidify into fact. He narrowed his eyes and released his form as a form of vengeance on the older god who had made him think thoughts he didn't want to think. "But mostly they're not as unpleasant as you are, so probably not."

Kefa's narrowed eyes, presently glowing green and pink from beneath long, fluffy eyebrows, surveyed the wet lion. Because he was young, people didn't use words like shat around him, but Kefa could guess what it meant. And besides, he knew what rain was. The thought of a full-grown god having such a fit over a little rain was utterly ridiculous, and a spiteful smile crossed the godlet's face.

"Serves you right. If you were really so perfect you'd look just as good wet as dry...which you definitely don't." So there.

Thalion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:53 pm
Rama averted his eyes up to the sky and began grooming one of his paws with the urgency of a lion with a flame under his bum. For a long time it seemed as if he hadn't even heard the cub or his comments. His mane was a mess, his fur was a mess, and after a bit of grooming he was starting to look and feel like his old, glorious self.

Lowering a paw, he glanced over to the cub and raised a brow. "Oh. You're still here...and...inconsistent I see. I'm sorry, but I have a very hard time taking advice from- well cubs for one, and for two cubs that have no sense of taste. Clearly you cannot decide if you want to be...decent on the eyes or an assault on the senses!"

He waved a paw and went back to grooming his mane. "Why bother me, then if I'm such a blight then? Surely you have someone that tolerates you."

Princess_Feylin

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:16 pm
"All right," Kefa agreed. "I'll just let my mum know you're here though. She doesn't like to be surprised."

What he didn't say was that his mother was the painfully shy goddess of glaciers, and would hardly be a threat to the dripping god unless she could, by her nearness, freeze the water on his fur. The idea made him grin. He had a sibling who could probably do that.

"You should really be nicer to people though. You never know who you could really be talking to." And as someone whose appearance rarely remained static, Kefa ought to know!

Having spoken his piece, Kefa ambled off, hauling himself along on octopus tentacles.

[IC/OOC] Gods' Haven [IC/OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games