Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:41 am
User ImageTo say Ninakupenda was feeling nervous over her choice was... a bit of understatement, and yet, when all three gods had looked at her with wide eyes, shock apparent on their faces, she'd been unable to rectify. Her heart, her very soul was telling her she had picked the one true king of her land, and if that choice led to Setsuzan, then so be it. It'd mean that she'd have failed the king, not the other way around, for she knew he had the potential, even if he didn't; she'd seen it.

Still, her king's rather unusual circumstances meant that she couldn't quite seek him out yet. Karma's presence and actions were required before she could even so much as present herself to him, and thus explained the presence of the large, brightly colored god that currently padded regally by her side, practically dwarfing her in size.

User Image"So then, Mizi-Ren, you're... absolutely sure this is the right decision?" the large god had turned to look at the lioness, his brow creasing in worry, "This is the mortal you pick for the task? This is who your soul says is the one?" it was clear Karma seemed unconvinced, and yet, despite that, was willing to follow the seer's wisdom, for after all, the children of gods could do that which even gods could not; they could see the the future, or rather... possible futures.

"Yes, my Lord," came the soft reply back, and though her voice was kept low, there was tight conviction in her words, "I am quite sure. I know it's an unorthodox choice, especially taking into account those that my brothers picked, but... this is my choice."

The god nodded at her words, "Very well then," he then lifted a large paw, stopping the lioness' movements, "Would you please stay here for just a while? I believe it's my duty to confront him first. You may emerge when you think the time is proper," he waited for the lioness to sit down obediently, and then nodded again. Letting out a small sigh, the god then moved his body forth, walking a short distance forth and padding through a thick barrier of bush and vegetation, that had been obscuring him and Mizu-Ren's approach from the mortal that lay beyond.

The God Slayer.

"It is time, God Slayer," he rumbled as he emerged, "It is time for your judgement. It is finally time for me to return to you that which was long taken from you."

Thalion
Here you go, bby! I'm thinking this is set, canonically, after Nina (aka Mizu-Ren) has spoken to the gods about her choice, and also after her brothers presented their choices to them. She was the last to come back with a choice, and did not come back with followers, instead... came back with this little problem, lmao. So Karma's here to do his job RIGHT before Mizu-Ren steps in and talks to Jelani. So this can be a... sort of double-purpose rp. De-cursing Jelani and Mizu/Jelani's first talk after Karma leaves.

Karma WILL leave after his work is done. He'll be quite certain Jelani will be unable to hurt Mizu-Ren in his... post de-cursing state of mind, even if he declines her XD or whatever.

As a random note, Mizu's real name is Ninakupenda, which literally just means "I love you" or "I like you" in swahili XD which I thought was cute I don't even know.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:32 am
User Image
The lion rarely slept. His mind was a hellish place in the quiet, lonely hours. Visions of his past flared up. The screams of his victims, the sound of bones breaking, the feel of flesh tearing through his claws and blood bubbling up between his pads. One half of him delighted in such memories. That half dominated the more reasonable side that hat long since stopped resisting. It was futile. The beast was dominant, he knew which buttons to push, what nerves to pull and twist at, and it knew how to force even gods to submit. What good was Jelani's will against such a monster? Most nights he sought just to rest. Some nights the beast let him, other nights it tormented him.

It was one of those such nights and it left the lion prowling back and forth between an old, long-dead tree and a small pond. He tore at the bark now and then out of sheer frustration or kicked at the ground. His hackles were raised and the look in his eyes was anything but sane. There was anger, bloodlust, and pain there.

A voice broke the beast's laughter and caused the large lion to tense up. He growled under his breath and slowly turned to face the speaker. His expression only dove further into madness and his white fangs flashed dangerously in the dim lighting. A god.

"Time? So eager to die, are we?" He turned to face the god without hesitation or fear. "How noble." He drawled. "You've come to answer some complaints from the mommy in the sky have you? What if I don't particularly feel like being judged today?"

Dark Fire Angel

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:52 am
This was not the first mortal Karma had faced whom dared defy him. Many others had tried to face him, and some, had even charged at him, intent on killing him. Such was the case of a firekin, long ago, and such was the case now; the god looked most unimpressed by Jelani's words. In fact, a sliver of pity flashed through the anger, if only briefly, "I answer to no one today. Not even the Mother; your judgement is mine to determine. Has been mine for a long time now," and that said, before Jelani could rushed forward to attack him, the god roared, his eyes flashing white as his four wings spread.

His spell froze the mortal, making his muscle tense but unwilling to respond to movement as the god spoke up. Karma's eyes remain white, flashing as he looked within the mortal's soul, "God Slayer," he rumbled, "Jelani!" he roared, "I, Karma, deem your scales tipped far too much towards shadow and darkness to be further ignored. I here by sentence you to dual punishment!" a large flap of his wings punctuated the words spoken before the god continued, "You will be stripped of the monster that Psychopathy graced you with, and in return, you shall be handed back that which she took; your conscience, so that you may live in the knowledge of that which you have done!"

No sooner were the words spoken that a large flash of light enveloped the area, the spell cast, easily triumphing the one Maua had cast, way back when, once upon a time, in another life. The effects were probably almost immediate, and the freezing spell that had been holding the mortal lifted.

Karma's eyes returned to normal, and soon enough, he tucked his wings against the top of his back, looking at the mortal from where he stood, "Not all is lost, however. There is someone that apparently believes in you, though why, I would not be able to say," he let out a sigh and shook his head from side to side wearily, "Alas, believe she does. Prove her right, do as she advises... and you may yet get what you were denied in youth; a flourishing, peaceful kingdom and subjects. A pride to look after. It's up to you."

It was right around then that Ninakupenda finally allowed herself to be seen, peeking through the brushes slowly, watching bother males from just a few steps away.

Thalion

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:16 am
The lion took a few short, calculated steps forward as his claws slid from his paws and touched the ground. This god was larger than the others, and he seemed to have quite a stronger feel about him. Regardless, there was just no losing for him. If he died- so be it. He would be free. If he killed the good, good. One less puppeteer hovering over the mortals.

At least, he thought there would be no losing.

He lunged but found himself thrown back by a gust of wind. It was nothing until something drove into his skull. A thousand tiny claws forced their way in, grabbing a hold of something and began pulling it out. The pain was unlike anything he had experienced before. He had been gnashed by the tusks of a boar warthog, clashed by the claws of gods, bitten by mortals, and had flesh torn from his body. All of it was cub's play when compared to this agony. Normally, the lion could endure any blow with only a smile but now he was screaming. He brought his paws to his head, knocking the skull mask from his face as he did so. Desperate to stop the pain, he clawed at his mane as he writhed on the ground.

Then it was all over. As quickly as it had begun, it ended. The lion laid in the ground, staring up at the sky with his only eye while his ribs heaved. Muscles trembled without any prompting. His mind felt miles away and it seemed he hardly comprehended the world around him. He was seeing, but not absorbing.

Dark Fire Angel

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:52 am
As Mizu-Ren stepped out of the bushes, the large god turned his head to look at her, then nodded, "It is done," and that said, turned around and walked away, not bothering to spare Jelani another look. After all, the mortal would have to prove himself, and the god wasn't entirely sure he'd even accept Mizu-Ren's offer.

The only reason he left them alone to talk was the fact he was quite certain he'd be unable to attack her in such a state as he currently was. Now that his job was done, it was time to go back and report back to the others; the rest was up to Mizu-Ren... and Jelani himself.

It'd been the screams which had roused her from her hiding place; there had been such deeply embedded physical pain ebbed upon that screams that Ninakupenda had been unable to remain where she stood. Her gaze locked with that of the large god before he left, and she nodded towards him, watching him leave the scene.

She then turned towards the lion on the ground, his ribs heaving breaths as if he could not get enough air within his lungs. This was the lion she'd stalked for a long time; she'd watched him from safe distance, and though she was sure he'd spotted her once or twice, he'd never made a move.

Now, instead, it was her chance and time to make her own move, and move she did. Her paws lifted from the ground and she neared the fallen lion, though she allowed him some space, "I recommend you try to relax, sire," she told him, "I would also recommend you try not too think too hard or too fast, or you will find yourself quite overwhelmed," she left out the obvious; that she was certain that if he thought too much... the pain might send him into a panic attack, but still, points for trying, "I've come to make you a king," she told him, "If you wish to be."

User Image"Kindly give him a few moments, please," the soft voice that interrupted Mizu-Ren came from a bit to her left; a small, tattoo marked lioness approached the couple, and though she gave the seer a small smile, she swiftly focused her attention on the male on the floor.

She still didn't trust him; how could she? He'd kidnapped her, kept her to himself for a few days now, and would not let her leave. At the same time, however, he'd never touched her, never hurt her, and though his words had been foul upon meeting her, he'd not carried out his 'purpose' and she suspected he never would now. He'd screamed before, at night, when he thought she couldn't hear him, but this... had been something else.

The screams of sheer, utter pain had roused the lioness from her slumber in the den, and though she could have taken the chance to escape, she'd instead drawn nearer. Her body lowered to the ground beside Jelani's, her maw coming a safe distance from his claws should he lash out, but still near enough to whisper, "Where do you hurt?" something had happened here, and though she could not offer much... should not offer anything at all, she couldn't help but at least want to comfort him after the pain. Tsi'hilu couldn't help it; she'd never had a mean bone in her body and couldn't bring herself to hate this male.

Mizu-Ren simply watched in stunned silence.

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:45 pm
Clarity wasn't something he was familiar with. Anyone that spends enough time in the dark eventually becomes adjusted to it. It becomes comfortable, safe, and familiar. When a light is suddenly flicked back on it blinds those individuals, leaving them stunned and sore. They almost craved the darkness again, if only because they knew it so well, because it hid them, it gave them excuse. Now there was no escape. Everything he'd done, every life he took was on his paws. There was no shadow to blame, nothing to hide behind now.

The pain had gone but his mind reeled, spinning as it grabbed at any thread of sanity. Unfortunately, the seer's words fell on deaf ears. He stared witlessly up at the sky, his paws flexing and flexing as if grasping for something. "Hadin....?" he whispered, almost desperately. Where did he go? Why was he gone?! What had he done!?

The lion rolled to his belly and brought both paws around his now bleeding head. His ugly, scarred face contorted in agony as his head throbbed. "...what....where?"

Dark Fire Angel

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:11 am
Tsi'hilu' right ear flicked at the name Jelani voiced out, and for a moment, she looked confused, uncertain. Then, however, her head lifted and she looked at the other lioness, her head tilting to one side, "What did you do him?" she asked softly, not quite willing to believe her own theory, having to hear it. Her frame stayed by the male's, her side touching his, but other than that, she brought him no more comfort, figuring he bother didn't really deserve it, and at the same time... figuring he wouldn't be able to handle more than that anyhow, if her assumptions were correct.

"I uhm... I didn't do anything," when the white lioness offered Nina a perplexed look, she motioned away, towards the distance, "Karma did it. Not myself. I believe he was... er... liberated from a previous curse cast upon him. I don't quite know the details, but in a nutshell, his conscience has been returned to him. He is back to normal, and no longer... the monster he was few moments ago."

The white lioness stiffened, her eyes growing wide, "You gave him a conscience? What made you think that offering a monster a conscience was a good idea, if I may be so rude?" when the other female didn't answer, Tsi'hilu motioned towards Jelani, "Look at him. He's broken... I don't think he's in any position to be having a serious conversation. Much less... to be anyone's king," her attention shifted back to the male, and lowering her head, she sought out his gaze, trying to make him focus on her for a few moments, "He's gone," she told him, "Hadin is gone now. He won't be coming back. You're on your own."

The last few words were unusually harsh, contrasting magnificently with the softness of her voice and her frame against his. Still, even a monster deserved some measure of compassion.

Nina blinked down at them, and then for a moment looked torn. However, she was well aware that the white lioness was probably right, "I will be back then. In a moon's time, I will return, and I will make my offer," she was addressing Jelani, unsure of if he heard her or not, "Till then, I will let you heal. I will find my way back to you," and then, curiously enough the lioness lowered herself into an elegant, formal bow before turning away, retreating back into the Savanah.

Tsi'hilu watched her go, and then turned back to look at Jelani, "I should go, too," she said outloud. Maybe to the monster that lay beside her, or perhaps at their surroundings. Perhaps even, at herself. Still, despite her words, she moved not a muscle, remaining beside him, regarding his fallen form with empathy and compassion.

Thalion
Let's get this show back on the road! YAY weekend!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:29 am
For the most part, the conversation around him was white noise. He reached, clawing, stretching, trying to grasp some sense of normality in his own mind. Always there was another face, another presence, another mind within his own. That mind had justified everything, made sense of the world, had been a friend that made his enemies look like newborns. Hadin had an answer for everything, a reason for everything, a purpose for everything. Some days it was easier to hand the reigns over to the madness inside. Jelani had become quite comfortable in his chains. Hadin!? DAMN YOU Don't do this! I cannot face this! DAMNIT HADIN THIS IS YOUR MESS!

He started to swear and shake, a miserable pile of confusion on the ground. He prodded his mind, every corner and repressed corner, in search for his captor. Instead, he found memories. Horrible, painful memories. His father and his mother- both dead at his paws. An uncontrollable rage. His best friend's look of betrayal while he laughed like a madman. His brother's mate cowering under his shadow, soon to be fat with his cubs-

He'd done it. Done it all. He'd allowed Hadin to take him . Now he had to face it all, there was no excuse. No shadow he could hide behind. There were no words of justification, only the memories and the knowledge that his paws had committed these things. He moaned in despair and brought both paws to the ground. He was only dimly aware that he and his captured female were left alone.

Something rattled him, breaking through the downpour of grief and rage that had over-come him. He lifted his head just slightly and fought the desperation from his one good eye. "You too?" He growled, his voice bordering between rage and fear. "Just like that? You think you can just leave me, runt?"

Dark Fire Angel

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas