Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Age : A Real Fans Guild

Back to Guilds

A dragon age guild. Game focused. A rp forum is available though. 

Tags: Dragon, Dragon age origins, Bioware, Grey Warden, Dragon age 2 

Reply Spam spam spam and other randomness!
DRAGON AGE ORIGINS VS DRAGON AGE 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shashuri Magrease

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:24 pm
DA origins and DA 2, i just can't seem to pick out which is the better of them. Story based, i'll say dragon age 1, but on the action dragon age 2 is definitely better, the magic cool. what are your own opinions on this  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:43 pm
I have to agree with you. While the gameplay mechanics DA2 has the upper hand, and I mostly play a mage which DA2 made magic better, DA2 lacks the depth of storytelling as Origins have. Options of multiple backgrounds are nice, and even the map travels and the random encounters are enjoyable as well, and the option of talking to your companions on the field, craft items on the go, the options of actually setting traps and improvement of coercion, I miss them all when I play DA2.

In short, I enjoy DA: Origins for the story, DA2 for the gameplay.  

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100

Shashuri Magrease

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:45 pm
GregarMoon
I have to agree with you. While the gameplay mechanics DA2 has the upper hand, and I mostly play a mage which DA2 made magic better, DA2 lacks the depth of storytelling as Origins have. Options of multiple backgrounds are nice, and even the map travels and the random encounters are enjoyable as well, and the option of talking to your companions on the field, craft items on the go, the options of actually setting traps and improvement of coercion, I miss them all when I play DA2.

and what would you say about the difficulty of both. did you somehow have a hard time facing DA origins that DA2? for if you ask me, DA2 was so much easier, which i don't really enjoy it on that part.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:05 pm
DA:O all the way...the gameplay was not over simplified like for DA:2...Choice of races...story...characters...dungeons...everything goes in favor of DA:O except maybe for graphics...(Tho I prefered art style of DA:O)
control on gear of the teamates too...and on and on...
DA2 was dumbed down for consoles is what my feeling was like, tho it remains a pretty good game.  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

GregarMoon

Divine Werewolf

3,575 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:14 pm
Shashuri Magrease
GregarMoon

and what would you say about the difficulty of both. did you somehow have a hard time facing DA origins that DA2? for if you ask me, DA2 was so much easier, which i don't really enjoy it on that part.

Hmm, I'd say DA:O gave the most challenge in the game if I set on max diffuculty. Even though I died a few times trying to get past, say, the Redcliff invasion, I enjoyed it thoroughly, since preparations and strategies had to be done. DA2 was simple and straightforward, the difficulty only if you lack the pots and healers in the team. In DA:O, even with two healers, the game can trash you rather hard.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:46 am
Hmm, I'd say DA:O gave the most challenge in the game if I set on max diffuculty. Even though I died a few times trying to get past, say, the Redcliff invasion, I enjoyed it thoroughly, since preparations and strategies had to be done. DA2 was simple and straightforward, the difficulty only if you lack the pots and healers in the team. In DA:O, even with two healers, the game can trash you rather hard.

Exactly, DA:O is definitely the real deal in that part. speaking of DA i wonder when they're going to release DA 3, i can't wait much longer for it.  

Shashuri Magrease

Fiyori_Takeshi

Shoujo Valentine

17,125 Points
  • Ian's Valentine 100
  • Champion 300
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:31 pm
I love both games equally. And my complaints are tiny. I just wish DA:I
will have the DA:Origins background/abilities (specializations/spells) but with DA:2 graphics/fighting style/storyline feel? Cause I loved how DA:2 made me feel like I was actually Hawke while with my Warden...well not the same.  
Spam spam spam and other randomness!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games