Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:05 pm
User Image

Wild Moon held the book between his hands, fingers tapping lightly on the cover as he stared nervously at the door to the Chief's office. He took in several deep breaths and let them out slowly, eyes shut tight, giving himself mental talks. It's ok... its business. He wont bite.. he might want to know as much as you... He and Dad are Bro's... His chest puffed out as he took in another deep breath and held it for a moment You got this! he nodded firmly, rapped on the door and strolled into the Chief's office.

He glanced around the room, noting the decor, then spotting the chief. He held out the book and presented it to the Chief, face twitching trying to control his nerves. Be like dad...be like dad... be cool,.. be bro's... can I be bro's with the Chie..ee.e.f... BREAHT BREATH! he screamed mentally, forgetting he was holding his breath as the air suddenly shot out of his mouth like some sort of canon. Wilting a bit, he huffed and puffed before remembering where he was and straightened himself up, long with every fur of his caramel orbiting hair. "I..ah.... ohpleaseforgiveme. I was wanting to ask you.... about this book I... er.. Sparrow and I found while on the mountain." He paused and scratched his head. Ok, well they didn't really find it.... some strange black shadowy creature gave it to them and said they were worthy but... he'd mention that later after he stopped having a freak out.

Teigra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:27 am
User Image

Rais' brow furrowed in concentration, the faun chieftain slouching at the desk as he looked from one piece of parchment to another. He'd read one, feeling like it was for the tenth time, gleaning no new information from the scout's report, then sigh and pick up the next. Still nothing. Despite fueling efforts to practically cover the Isle with scouts and seeking out informants, no news had yet been uncovered of the other missing Ancients, nor of the Book.

Frustration showed clearly in the Chieftain's slumped posture, yet the tension displayed as he flipped from one report to the next betrayed the truth. Nothing. Nothing useful at least. So what now? He was weary, spending more hours pouring over reports perhaps than he should have. But, if he wasn't working, he fretted over what he should be doing instead.

With a weary sigh, he leaned back, rolling his neck and shoulders until a loud pop freed some of the stiffness. At that point, the knock on the door was startling enough, he straightened up out of reflex, correcting his posture. Who could...? Well, one way to find out. "Come in," he called, starting to straighten the scattered parchments into piles in front of him.

Whoever he might have been expecting, it hadn't been his Adviser's son. Of course, he recognized him; he'd watched the boy grow over the past year. He just couldn't recall the boy ever seeking him out for a conversation before. Had they ever actually spoken? Perhaps...if only casually, exchanging greetings and pleasantries at best...

The Chieftain raised an eyebrow at the boy's nervous display before he recognized it for what it was. Pushing aside his own concerns for a time, he allowed himself a half-smile and waved the boy towards a seat. "Breathe, son. Take a seat and calm down, then we can talk, okay?" Chuckling, Rais moved the stacks of scout reports to the side, clearing the desk space between them.

It was only the fact that he'd been wrapped up in concerns regarding the other races and the missing Book of Transcendence when the boy arrived that caused Rais to fixate on Wild Moon's question, as well as the book in his hands. Could it be...? No, of course not, he chided himself. As if it would be that easy.

"Wild Moon?" he questioned, an implied inquiry if he had something else he'd prefer to go by or if that would do. He'd heard some about the boy's adventures on the mountain, but honestly, there had been more than just the Adviser's son that had ended up in such a situation. Stories had come in from many, Faun and Fauny alike, and while concerning to hear tales of such danger, Rais was grateful that everyone had returned home again, more or less none the worse for wear. "Sparrow..." he repeated the name, as if trying to place it. "Your...bird friend from the adventure, yes?" He frowned now, glancing at the book gripped tightly in the young man's hands. "What is this about a book?"

Fea Line

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:46 pm
OH thank the night sky, THANK THE MOON. He hadn't eaten his head off just yet. In fact his tone and chuckling rather made Wild Moon feel silly for being so nervous... but then he never had a talk with the Chief more personally before, and definitely not over some strange book he had found ... rather been given. Could you call that giving?

Taking a seat, the darker young Prince drew in a deep breath and let it out slowly, allowing himself to relax and focus more on a better presentation of himself. "Forgive me. I think my nerves may have bested me there." he laughed softly, glancing down at the book in his hands, his fingers drumming on the cover.

He nodded to the Chief's question, Wild Moon worked just fine as a name, though if he wanted to shorten it or call him Billy Bob Joel Larry, Wild Moon surely wasn't going to argue. "Sparrow, yes, she's who I was stuck with on the mountain. But this is what I came to talk to you... rather ask you about." he paused and held up the book for a closer inspection, almost reluctant to let go of it just yet.

"While we were stuck up there.... strange things happened, needless to say. Some...thing left this at our feet... and I can't understand a thing written inside its covers. I was... I was hoping maybe you could?" he said and tilted his head, gold eyes peering questioningly, hair orbiting in his pony tail gloriously.

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:16 am
"No trouble at all," Rais waved a hand dismissively, giving the boy a moment to calm down. Was he really so intimidating? Hmm...perhaps, but he didn't try to cast that image all the time...only during official business. He supposed it went with the job though.

When the boy lifted the book for him to see and started explaining where it had come from, Rais' brow furrowed as he focused on it. "You say...something gave this to you? What sort of something?" It sounded suspicious at best, yet the story had captured the Chief's attention. He studied the cover, but it yielded little information from here. Holding out his hand, he asked patiently, "Could I see that?"

Fea Line

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:53 pm
Wild Moon shook his head at the first question while handing over the book to Rais...albeit hesitantly. "I'm afraid I can't quite tell you what it was... all I remember is a shadowy silhouette figure, thin insect like wings...and unmistakably female." he paused, recalling the picture to his mind as if it had just happened before bringing himself back to reality. "It mumbled something about us being... interesting, perhaps worthy. Then vanished, and that book was at our feet." he said, leaning forward a bit to see what Rais would do with the book.

Teigra

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:15 pm
Shadowy figure? Insect-like wings? And female...admittedly, the description didn't mean much to the Chieftain of the Faun...at first. He simply frowned, taking the book as it was handed over and thumbing open the cover. The pages within were covered ornate script, completely foreign...and yet...not.

Rais seemed to zone out from what Wild Moon was saying, his eyes fixed on the pages within. He turned the pages in a dazed fashion, all the while thinking, 'Where have I seen this before?'

Hazy, but growing clearer, a memory began to surface...wait, was that his memory? No, not quite...a memory from another life. He was here, sitting at a table much like this one, looking over a parchment covered in several different types of script. From the Faun runes and common script sections, he could tell that it was a treaty of sorts. He noted the Naiad native language as well on the document, recognizing it from their recent alliance treaty...and three others he couldn't read. One set looked like Faun runes, only...not. More visceral, rough...savage. Another, neat and tiny, taking up a section of the treaty with clipped, even-spaced script.

And the last, a stylish, ornate flowing script that looked much like the book in his hands.

Shaking off the memory, Rais stared down at the book with renewed interest. Could it be? His mind was already churning with plans to verify his belief, as well as the implications if it were true. Green eyes met gold suddenly, with intense fervor. "Worthy? That's what it said? And this was in the mountains, you said. Do you think you could remember exactly where? Directions at least?" He'd rather the boy take them there, however...his second and his mate might have some argument to take with that, even if he personally could promise the boy's safety. Besides, he'd been there before, right? If he could take them back...

Fea Line

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:26 pm
Wild Moon sat, rather impatienty, watching the chief as he seemed to just disappear into his own thoughts as he flipped through the book. Anxiety gripped him and he couldn't quite contain himself, but his need for oder kept his rear firmly glued to the seat, despite his insides twisting an churning like a tornado. He was about to attempt saying something when Rais seemed to snap out of his thoughts.

"Ah... I... oh, um. Yes, it say.. Perhaps Worthy.... and had been laughing at us prior. And yes in the mountains.... though... its a bit hazy as to exactly where we were. We had just started to descend downwards and could see the tops of many trees...." he paused before leaning closer and peering over the Chief, his gold gaze searching for all the answers he knew were there but had not been said yet. Or at least the hints of an answer. "So... do ... you know what it is?" And.. can I maybe have it back... he added silently to himself though he doubted that was going to happen...

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:18 pm
Gaze fixed on the book, Rais was slow to answer. "Yes...and no." He closed the book, letting his hand rest on the cover. He didn't hand it back yet, keeping hold of it as he continued speaking. "Tell me, boy...what has your father told you of our allies?" Without waiting for an answer, he lead in, "You've heard of the Naiad, our allies of the Water, yes? Well, there are others out there...others that simply have not been found again. Not yet. But, we are looking. This book..." He looked down. "This book, and the figure you described...could mean that another of our allies has returned. I recognize this script...but unfortunately, I can't read it. I can't tell you what this book is exactly...only that it belongs to one of our lost elemental brethren."

He seemed to hesitate, then held it out to Wild Moon. "You must promise to keep this book safe. Protect it, and when we find those who wrote it...you can ask them what it says. Can you do that?" Honestly, he had hesitated at first; what if this were an important artifact? Something dangerous in the hands of others? On the other hand...the boy had found it. Or been given it, to be more specific. Perhaps he was meant to have it. Besides, what safer place for it than with his Adviser's son?

"Now...our next move is organize an expedition to the mountains where you found this. If there's any clues left there of the one who gave this to you, I want to find it."

Fea Line

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:05 pm
He had sat, listening intently as the Chief explained things. His dad had mentioned other allies, missing allies of other elements. But having never really seen one, those thoughts just sort of remained at the back of his mind, like tales of history every child knows but never actually experienced. So the idea that one of the faun allies had presented him with a book... well...

And what of Sparrow? She wasn't a faun but... Wild Moon was certain the shadowy figure spoke to both of them.

Nodding as he gently took the book back, wrapping it close to his chest in a tight hug, he made a promise to the chief. "I will do just that. No other will have their hands on this book..." he stated, glancing back down at it as Rais spoke about a search party. He wanted to find clues as much as the chief, if only to figure out what the book actually said. "Will you need me to show you the way then?" he offered.

Teigra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:51 pm
"If you are willing, the guidance would be greatly appreciated. Either way, I will be sending Rangers to the area to investigate. If you are there to offer instruction on where you were, well...it could greatly save them time in finding the same location. However, there is no pressure to do so if you are unwilling...we can make do with directions as best you remember them if we must."

Rais' tone remained calm, though he was genuinely struggling not to put pressure on the boy. He was an adult and could make the decision for himself...but the mere possibility, after all this time of fruitless searching, to hear that one of their other allies may have returned to Telrunya as they had...

It was an exciting prospect and difficult not to allow oneself to get wrapped up in eager pursuit.

No, this must be handled calmly and professionally. They had to be sure. Then, he could celebrate.

The Chieftain stood, moving around his desk to clap the boy on the shoulder. "Hopefully this will pan out...and if so, you have done a great service to the Tree, Wild Moon. Just sharing this information is much appreciated," he said genuinely. Even if they found nothing in the mountains. It was a depressing thought, but a realistic one...it didn't mean that the Faun Chieftain still couldn't hope for otherwise.

He seemed ready to dismiss Wild Moon, but before he did, Rais added, "You do not have to tell anyone else about the book if you'd prefer not to. I don't consider it a secret either...but it may be easier to keep it safe if there's less attention being drawn to it?" he suggested. "That will be all for today...unless you had any other questions? I'll start making plans for an expedition into the mountains and you can have that time before giving me your answer. Sound okay?" He smiled kindly, offering the younger male his hand.

Fea Line

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Fea Line
Crew

Spoopy Kitten

15,725 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:02 pm
Thinking back on the trip, being stuck in the mountains as a teen with no one else but a teen and the fur on his back... well he didn't exactly jump at the chance to want to go back. But he couldn't quite picture the place in his mind to offer just directions alone.

Before he could speak, Rais had already left his chair, seeming ready to let Wild Moon leave, giving him time to think it over. Nodding appreciatively, he took Rais's hand for a shake before standing himself, taking all the words to heart. "I wont show many. Perhaps just Father, Mother.. perhaps Sparrow. I promised her at the very least I would let her know of what the book is if I should find out, since we found it together." he stated, turning briefly to look at the door. Rais had said it wasn't exactly secret.... so he.. .could at least tell her the gist of things... couldn't he? If he could even find her again... She deserved to know that much, or at least she did in his mind.

"I would assume I could serve better by going in person to point out the location, as I'm certain I'd best remember it by seeing it.....but." he paused, turning back to the chief with a silly smile. "I'm sure you can imagine it wasn't exactly a pleasure trip up there either..... I will think on it." he nodded, hugging the book back closer too him.

He wanted to see what his dad thought about it. And possibly his mom too... she had freaked out enough about her children randomly disappearing as it were.....

Teigra

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:20 pm
While it made Rais feel somewhat uneasy to entrust such important information to a non-Faun, he did understand the loyalty the younger male felt towards his friend. They had helped one another survive, afterall. It was clear that they would share some sort of bond. "Of course," he answered simply. "And take your time. It will take some time as well to gather our scattered forces for a more organized, directed expedition to the mountains. There is no pressure...but your help would be greatly appreciated, whatever form it takes."

Rais turned towards the door, moving to open it for his guest's departure. "Thank you again for coming by. May the Earth grant you a pleasant evening, Wild Moon."

Fea Line

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash