Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:16 pm
User Image

The pride was finally calming down after Shangyue had ascended to the throne which meant things were a lot quieter. For a lioness such as Akahana, this was a problem. She loved the fighting and the chaos. Now.

Well it wasn't completely quiet and Akahana savored every time she could be a right b***h to who ever questioned the authority of Shangyue.

Tonight the moon was high up. while not completely full, it was bright enough to block out any of the stars near by. And under this sky a crimson lioness was on a war path. Her steps were heavy an aggressive. It was CLEAR she was mad about something but what ever that something was she probably wouldn't say out loud.

The culprit. Boredom.

She was looking for any scapegoat to give a hard time. Anyone willing to just say anything out of tune and she'd let them have a piece of her mind. Those sharp teeth gritted with anticipation for the chance as did her her flexed out claws.

This was actually semi normal for Akahana.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:26 pm
YKSIVARINEN

The monochrome male was taking a few breaths of leisure to relax and enjoy the beauty of the night. Or maybe he was just catching his breath after a patrol of the pride. Not the sort that the Guards might make, to protect the pride from outsiders, but a different patrol, to make sure King Shangyue was safe from the pride.

There hadn't been any real problems in the moons since he'd taken over, but Shangyue believed in being prepared and Yksivarinen was prepared to do whatever it took.

Of course, it took a whole lot more out of 'Varinen than most others. So it was with relief that he spotted a fellow Royal Guard, Akahana.

"Oh! Akahana! Hi there! What are you up to?" the male called out, coming into easy conversation range.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:35 pm
Up ahead laid Yksivarinen. He was not a lion that Akahana particularly disliked or liked. He was just a fellow guardsmen. Unfortunately for Yksivarinen, anyone that would come across Akahana in such a bad mood was fair game for being nasty to.

You'd had thought the lioness had some great wrong done to her the way she carried her posture. Those claws stayed flexed out and the look in her eye could kill.

"Why are you laying around!" She snapped.

Yeah she knew that the job these days wasn't particularly hard, but she still took it seriously.

"GET UP ON YOUR FEET ICKY."

Ugh, she hated when she was in these sort of unreasonable moods. USUALLY, Akahana was able to hide the ugliness that lurked, but not today.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:38 pm
The monochrome male laid his ears flat and gave Akahana a hurt look. She didn't have to be so mean to him, did she? It wasn't as if they were in different classes. They even had the same rank!

"I am on my feet," he replied with a frown. "And I wish you wouldn't call me that. My name's Yksivarinen, but if that's too long, you can just call me 'Varinen." "Icky" was an old childhood nickname that he just couldn't seem to shed, no matter what he did. And he hadn't particularly liked it then either.

It really sucked that someone like Akahana, who hadn't even been born into the Mwezi'Johari, had found out about it and started using it.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:44 pm
The look of hurt only fueled what ever savage mood the crimson lioness was in. But it was true, her rage was misdirected at a lion such as Yksivarinen and even Akahana knew this. She just didn't care.

"You know what I mean. Why are you not running more rounds!?"

Akahana knew she was also not the boss of the monochromatic lion but in a mood like this she might as well have been boss of the entire pride. She wanted to claw at something. Hunting probably would have been an appropriate activity in a mood as foul as the one she was in.

"WHY IS IT SO QUIET AROUND HERE!" Her voice echoed, but at least it came out why she was so upset.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:03 pm
"I can only move so fast," the male explained, still frowning. Oh sure, others, including Akahana, could do the same patrol faster, but that didn't mean he wasn't doing his best! Besides, if they were going so much faster, they might be missing things that he could catch.

Well, overlooking his reputation for failing at most things. But it wasn't his fault! His forelegs went one way, his back legs went another, and soon enough Yksivarinen was flat on his stomach, or his back, again.

Red eyes blinked in surprise at the lioness' sudden outburst. Then he glanced up at the moon's position in the sky and smiled.

"It's quiet because it's late, the moon is nearly set, and dawn will come soon. People are going to bed," he pointed out sweetly.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:18 pm
Oh the rage was acidic feeling in a good way. She felt it course over her in pulses. But then it settled down a little and she could see a bit more clearly.

'Icky' was trying to help as it would seem. He wasn't a bad lion but he was aggravatingly ... conveniently there. It was hard to take out anger on something that wasn't willing to snarl back. But it was refreshing to know that there were lions like that. Not that Akahana her self cared much if there were or weren't.

"I..." She swallowed the urge to call him icky and grumbled instead.

"You're right. The moon's setting. No WONDER."

Yksivarinen didn't seem to fully get that it wasn't the fact people were asleep. IT was deeper than that. But Akahana didn't care to explain.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:21 pm
The lion blinked at the savage reply his simple words garnered. He really didn't understand why Akahana was so angry - from his point of view, everything was right with the world. The nights were beautiful, there was plenty of food, just about everyone had all they wanted, there were even new cubs, somewhere...

'Varinen was genuinely confused by the lioness.

"Maybe you should consider sleep," he said at last. "Everything will look better when you wake in the evening." At least, it did for him, and he saw no reason why it shouldn't work for everyone else.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:28 pm
Sleep. Rudely, the lioness rolled her eyes.

"Yeah cause that'll help." She flexed her claws in to the ground beneath. All this pent up rage and no outlet. There was as a small voice in side her head that did suggest that 'Varinen was not the one to be taking this out on. She knew. He'd been at the wrong place at the wrong time and it had been nothing personal.

Akahana mumbled something under her breath that sounded angry.

"I'm going to do another round. I'd advise you look more alert. Just cause it's quiet around here doesn't mean everything is okay."

The actual truth was that Akahana didn't really want it to be okay. Okay was boring.

The lioness turned her back to the monochromatic lion and started off on another war path else where. It was just one of those nights. Usually the crimson lioness was much better about that temper. Could have just been that all along 'Varinen had the answer and she could have used a days rest.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:33 pm
Yksivarinen watched the lioness stalk off. He shook his head. He really didn't understand her at all. Not that this was a new sensation, but it just seemed like such a waste. She obviously had energy to spare physically, but was all tense and ready for a fight where there was peace!

Ah well, she was rihgt about one thing. He should do another round of patrolling. It was possible that something bad might be going on, though 'Varinen privately doubted it. Even those who had been so resistant to Shangyue's rule - Uchanjaa came to mind - had been quiet.

Quiet was good. It meant that everyone was getting along and things were peaceful, just as they should be!

On that note, the monochromatic male began moving again, in the opposite direction of Akahana.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces