Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:53 am
User Image

User Image
Deep in the ruins of the Dvergr's mountain Steinn ventured and found...something, long forgotten. It was a hall, deep and dark in the mountain, untouched for a long time. It would have continued to go unknown, if not for the fires that burned away the roots of trees that had covered the entrance. For days he would sneak away and study the carvings on the walls, until finally he confided in Onundr his findings. The elderly lion, astounded, recounted a tale his great grandfather had passed down to his father, and his father down to him.......

User Image

Onundr tells Steinn about his great grandfather's tales of another mountain on crystal and light, tradition and pride. Onundr tells him how some members grew tired of the strict tradition and sought to build their own kingdom with their own ideals, and how Stienn and himself were descended of those dwarves who parted from the kingdom of Dwarrowdelf. Onundr then told how Dwarrowdelf soon just 'disappeared' and all that was left was stories and legend. But now in the carvings Steinn found, there is reason to believe that Dwarrowdelf remains, awaiting the return of the dwarves.

Now Steinn gathers a company to find and reclaim Dwarrowdelf.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:54 am
THE QUEST

Part A: Gather the Company
Stienn gathers a group of Dwarves to accompany him in retaking their ancient homeland, Dwarrowdelf. They set out in to lands unknown, gathering more members along the way - Dvergr who fled the mountain during the fires.

This part is mainly OOC - people signing up for the plot/pride. Party members are to be lions/dwarves only, and all must have been members of the Dvergr at one point in time.

# of RPs to be done: One - Steinn & Onundr

Part B: The Journey
ICly the company has been traveling for a month now, but really aren't doing a good job of getting anywhere. See, they don't really know how to get where they are going. Landscapes have changed in the generations since Onundr's great grandfather and the other dwarves of Dwarrowdelf migrated to the Dvergr Lands. The map engraved on the mountain wall is also a hazy memory in Steinn's mind. And what's more - suddenly they are attacked by a pack of hyenas.

Rescue cometh!

User Image

Meowen swoops in to help the company get rid of the pack, and eventually conversation leads to her agreeing to help them reclaim Dwarrowdelf. However, she also reveals that it is now the home of a nasty group of villainous yeenurs.

# of RPs to be done: One - Big group RP featuring the hyena attack and rescue. It is Meowen's introduction.

Part C: I'll Make a Man out of YOUUUUUUUUU~!
Now knowing what they face, Meowen insists that the company hone their fighting skills, for it will take no small amount of skill to run the hyenas out of Dwarrowdelf. She also says that it will take more than just their small company, but an army. Luckily, Meowen has connections.

Meowen and the company are supposed to become close, as she treats them in a motherly way at times.

Along the way there is a little bit of personal drama where an ex-lover of Meowen joins their company. This ex-lover causes some trouble for the company all sneaky-like, often leading them astray on their journey. No one but Meowen suspects him of having ill-intentions though. Meowen hints about it to Steinn though.

# of RPs to be done: As many as you guys want, because this is the big relationship-building part of the plot. There will be AT LEAST one introducing the ex-lover, and this will be a Lover-Meowen-Steinn RP. Then there will be one group RP where the ex-lover causes some trouble as the travel to ask for aid.

Part D: Onwards to Dwarrowdelf
Before they can travel to the Dwarrowdelf, they must first detour to ___________ to ask for aid in their quest.

The Hyenas of Dwarrowdelf learn of the dwarves plans(thanks to the sneaky ex-lover), and as the company travels to Dwarrowdelf, they are occasionally attacked by small groups of yeenurs.

A member of the company is to die during one of these attacks. For dramatic effect. And because I'm terrible. This member should be one of the youngest members, the one who most sees Meowen as a mother-figure.

After this, they will meet up with the army ____________ has lent them, and the Battle for Dwarrowdelf begins.

# of RPs to be done: One asking for aid. One 1-on-1 with Meowen and the leader of their new ally. One with the ex-lover informing a yeenur scout. One with another yeenur attack. Then there will be a Meowen-Steinn 1-on-1 before the meeting of the army.

Part E:Battle for Dwarrowdelf
Big battle. The dwarves are, of course, destined to win. I'm going to try and turn this in to some sort of game just to make it fun.

Meowen leaves the company, her work done. Cue depressed Steinn. :<

# of RPs to be done: One. Just one big battle.

Part F:Rebuilding Dwarrowdelf
Now that they have reclaimed Dwarrowdelf, they have to repair the damage done by careless hyenas and the turn of time. This part will mainly be a big exposition stating the 'yeah, such and such happened,' kinda a 'state of the state address' type deal. XD

Steinn, is of course the one who takes over as king. Their numbers slowly grow as lost Dwarves either make their way to Dwarrowdelf, or Dvergr. Occasionally they have to protect themselves from hyenas trying to take the place back over. One day Meowen returns, she and Steinn are wed, and wham-bam-thankyou-ma'am, the plot is over and we have a new dwarf pride. =D

# of RPs to be done: Three -- One 'state of the state address.' One Return of the Meowen - it'll be a big happy reunion, feats, and LE GASP, a proposal! One wedding.  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Dwarrowdelf - The Pride
Location // Map // Etc.

Dwarrowdelf is a large dwarven kingdom in some random mountain. The entrance to the kingdom, located at the back of the mountain, has two lions carved in to the stone, and a small, trickling waterfall. A rocky stream flows through the center of the large central cavern. Once a stream flowed heavily through the mountain, creating the caves that the dwarves now house. In the center and various other places throughout the mountain, there is a large crystal outgrowth, and from the ceiling of the cavern light peeks through and shines on the crystal, casting light throughout. Coming off from the central cavern there are many halls with many small caves to be claimed by single, or even whole families of dwarves.
Dwarrowdelf in its prime was constantly expanding as the ancient dwarves carved through the soft sedimentary stone of their mountain home. it is a long, laborous, task, but the dwares seem to have adapted to it with sharper claws, and an impenetrable will and stubbornness.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Pride Traditions/Beliefs

Coat Color:
In outsider Myth, the dwarves of Dwarrowdelf were thought to be cast from stone, enchanted rocks, or something of that nature, largely because of their stocky build and coat coloration. The traditional dwarf comes in a range of stone-y colors from various grays and browns, to the rare mossy green. If lions of other colors lived amongst them, they were not considered dwarves at all, and were subject to extreme prejudice, if not outright pushed from the pride all-together. It is the belief of the dwarves that their strength comes from the mountain, and to be the color of the mountain and stone is to be strong.

Surnames:
Dwarven families carry the surname of their father. When a female from another family marries, she takes the surname of the male, who's family she is marrying in to.
Ex. Great grandfather: Rocky Rockhead >> Father: Dirt Rockhead >> Son: Sediment Rockhead.
Then Crystal Cavern marries Sediment Rockhead, she becomes Crystal Rockhead, and their children will carry the Rockhead surname.

For male lions without a surname, they choose a surname upon joining the pride. That surname will be used for their future generations. Female lions without a surname will carry none, until they marry, if they choose to do so.

Marriage:
Few dwarves wish to marry (some are more interested in their crafts than a spouse.)

When dwarves marry they marry for life, choosing only one partner in their life.

Female dwarves are never forced against their will to marry.

When a dwarven lioness marries they join their husband’s family and takes their surname.

It is the female who decides whom she will marry and proposes to the male, if she decides to wed at all.

If a dwarven lioness can not marry the lion of her choice, than she will never marry.

Once a proposal is accepted male is required to make a home where the couple will live (an extension of his family's Halls. He will chose or carve out a den, and decorate it.) Once the den has been completed, then the wedding may take place. The wedding take place in the central cavern, when light shines down on the great crystal, illuminating the cavern in sun/moonlight.
The ceremony consists of the sharing of vows, and a feast. Weddings may include the entire pride, or just the families of the bride and groom.

The Ceremony -- The father of the bride (or if none, the King of the pride) will start the ceremony by letting out a great roar. At this sign the two families will form a large circle around the bride and groom. This signifies that both families will shield the couple from harm, now and in the future. When the circle is formed the father of the bride/king of the pride enters the circle, and makes a speech, after which the bride and groom – who have been on opposite sides of the circle, approach each other. The groom that circles the bride, indicating he will guard and protect her. The circling of the bride is a joyous event, met with cheers from both families.
When the cheers fade the father of the bride/king will ask the groom if he accepts the marriage. He should give the affirmative. (Anything else and he would probably get killed.) The final part of the ceremony then proceeds. The bride and groom will stand facing each and recite their vows to one another. Then, they make one last vow.

The groom speaks:
“In my Halls you will find a house, in your heart I will find a home.”

The bride than replies:
“In your Halls I will find a house, in my heart you will find a home”.

With this vow the groom proclaims to all that the bride is now his wife and she belongs to his family. Though it is not stated as a question he in fact asks her to be part of his family and love him. By the fact that the bride replies in this manner she accepts his proclaiming and vows to love him. This does not mean the groom does not proclaim his own love, in fact the delving of their new den is considered the proof of the love of the groom for his bride.
The father of the bride/king would now hand both the bride and groom the “marriage-ale." Once it has been drunk it concludes the ceremonial part of the marriage, met with great cheers and well wishes.

As is to be expected it, a marriage is followed by a festive meal. After this the festivities are not over, on the contrary, the dwarves rejoice with seven full days of food, music, dance and celebration.

Breeding:
Only married couples may breed. Breeding out of wedlock, or showing signs of being pregnant before a wedding as frowned upon, and considered disgraceful. In the event of either, the female and her family will be severely shamed, and marriage will not be permitted.

Naming:
Typical names are Norse/Germanic/Tolkeinverse. Most dwarf names will refer to stones, hardness, precious gems, or battle.

Festivals:
While the dwarves always love a good party, their festivals are few but grand:

Crafters Fair - All year the crafters work hard just for this day! the day when the dwarves gather and they get to spotlight their talents! There is feasting, and merriment as jewelry, tale, and song are shared. There is even a competition to see who is the best at what they do!

The Warriors Festival - A yearly tournament in which the warriors of the pride gather and duel one another. The pride watches, makes bets, and feasts. The winner becomes the head trainer of the dwarve's military forces, and must fight the following year to maintain that role.

MORE FESTIVALS TO COME. Got an idea? I'd love to hear! =D

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pride Ranks/Jobs

King: The male leader of the dwarves.
Queen: The female leader of the dwarves.

Noble: A well-respected member of the pride. Someone who has proved their worth time and again. PLOT ONLY RANK.

Miner: those who dig through the mountain for precious stones, carve out new halls and dens.
Artisan: Artisans can be carvers, crafters, bards, etc. They are the creative members of the pride.
Hunter/Huntress: Default rank. Very important, as the dwarves love food, and often have great feasts.
Warrior: Protects the pride from threats. Highly trained and skilled fighters.

Youth: The young of the pride.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pride Joining Requirements

- Be willing to obey the rules and traditions of the pride.
- Natural colors - Browns/Grays/Black/White/Desaturated Greens/ Small accents in other colors are permitted, but should not amount to more than 10%.
- Don't be an a*****e.
- Don't be a Bidoof.
- Lion/Lionesses only.
- The only familiars permitted are avians and klippys.
- Note, the pride is open to all relationships, but note that traditionally the majority of dwarves are more interested in their craft than relationships anyway.  
Joining

There will be two kinds of joining - A LIMITED joining, which will just be for the plot portion, and an UNLIMITED joining, which will be for people becoming members AFTER the plot is over and the pride is established.

I ask that you ONLY sign up for the plot portion if you know you are going to be able to dedicate time to the plot. All plot members will receive special edits, and will be eligible for ranks available only to plot-participants. (those ranks will be available when future plots take place, but only then.)

Guidelines for joining the PLOT:
1. Must have been a member of the Dvergr IC-ly. (It is okay to SAY your character was a member of the Dvergr, without having actually been an official member OOCly!!!!)
2. I'd prefer natural colors - browns, grays, white, black, desaturated greens. You may have small amounts of 'accent colors' that can be anything.
3. Be around. I generally have an idea of who is around and active in SoA, and precedence will be given to those people.
4. Males only. Sorry, it's just...I need the classic male dwarf traveling party. XD
5. I'm looking for only 10 characters. You may apply to have more than one character in the plot.
6. Only one character of the company is slated to die. I can play this character if I must, but if you have a young male you don't mind killing off, then feel free to say so. They will have a big part through out the plot, and the player will be compensated in some way.

Form for joining the Pride/PLOT:
[size=18][color=green][b]Plot JOINING[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Character:[/b] [url=]Name/Image[/url]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Reason for joining the party:[/b]
[b]IM SN:[/b] So I can reach you.
[b]Future Rank:[/b]
[b]Future Surname:[/b]
[b]If not accepted in to the plot, do you still want them in the pride?:[/b] Y/N

Guidelines for joining the PRIDE:
1. Lion/esses ONLY
2. Natural colors. Browns/Grays/Black/White/Desaturated Greens. May have a small amount of accent colors in any color.
3. The only familiars permitted are Avians and Klippys, as they are better suited to the mountains.

Form for joining the Pride:
[size=18][color=olive][b]Non-Plot JOINING[/b][/color][/size]

[b]Character:[/b] [url=]Name/Image[/url]
[b]Personality: [/b]
[b]Rank:[/b]
[b]If Male, chosen Surname:[/b]

We also need enemy hyenas! This is mainly for the large final battle, but others for small skirmishes are appreciated too! The hyenas that apply would have been living in Dwarrowdelf for a long time now, and would rightly see the company of dwarves as an enemy coming to steal their homeland. They would be justified in their attacks, but fated to lose. No player yeenurs will die (only NPC yeenurs.) If someone wants to build upon the hyenas and create a real pack for the plot, you are more than welcome to!

Here is the code to apply as enemy hyenas:

[size=18][b][color=red]An Enemy Has Been Sighted![/color][/b][/size]

[b]Enemy Yeenur:[/b] [url=]name/image[/url]

--

We are also in need of an ally! Who will Meowen take the dwarves to, to ask for aid?
Please post if you are willing. *caugh* Any elves out there? *caugh*  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:55 am
Member List

The Plot

The Company
1. Steinn (Steinn Stonecrown)
2. Meowen (Meowen Stonecrown)
3. Thun (Thun Thundûnh)
4. --
5. --
6. --
7. --
8. --
9. --
10. --
11. --
12. --

13. Kiangazi, the ex-lover.

Enemies:
1. Ajax
Macorowezo

Ally Army:

Non-Plot

Future Pride Members
Aajambu (Surname) -- Warrior -- Lithia Brandon

Role Play List

To keep track of all the plot RPs.  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Reserved  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:29 pm
Well, it is still under costruction, but OPEN FOR POSTING/Discussion/etc.  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Znaruto

Dapper Humorist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:48 pm
An Enemy Has Been Sighted!

Enemy Yeenur: Ajax
User Image

I would love if he can be head or this fight and fight Steinn. If that cool with you. I wan Ajax to really give them a tough fight for his land. Would love to get to make a sudo-pack from this plot but be disband because of the lions. This is really neat and i would love to be apart of this.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:34 am
I have an idea for allies. The explanation is fairly lengthy, but in brief, there's a band of Stormborn who have been exiled from the pride (led by Talencia's Hroarr) that have long-term plots to be re-admitted to the pride. They are, however, warriors and willing to do mercenary work until those plots come to pass. So they could probably be induced to aid the Dwarves in reclaiming their homeland in exchange for the promise of loot or keeping captives.

I don't know how many people the exiles' band can bring in right now (we're working on a head count), but I thought I'd toss it out as a possibility. More information about the band can be found here, although it's a little out of date.

(I swear I have the authority to mention this, being the pride owner and nominally in charge of all things Stormborn, as well as having discussed it with Tal).

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:37 am
Princess_Feylin
I have an idea for allies. The explanation is fairly lengthy, but in brief, there's a band of Stormborn who have been exiled from the pride (led by Talencia's Hroarr) that have long-term plots to be re-admitted to the pride. They are, however, warriors and willing to do mercenary work until those plots come to pass. So they could probably be induced to aid the Dwarves in reclaiming their homeland in exchange for the promise of loot or keeping captives.

I don't know how many people the exiles' band can bring in right now (we're working on a head count), but I thought I'd toss it out as a possibility. More information about the band can be found here, although it's a little out of date.

(I swear I have the authority to mention this, being the pride owner and nominally in charge of all things Stormborn, as well as having discussed it with Tal).

::gives this a thumbs up!::  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:41 am
Sounds like an idea - we just need to work out how Meowen would know Hroarr, and have the confidence that she could bring the dwarves to him to strike up a deal. =3

Meowen herself, well, going in Tolkein terms, she would have been a Ranger/Dundain. XD Sooo, she is pretty environment and battle savvy. A real smart cookie, and good with diplomacy.  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 1:52 pm
Perhaps she and Hroarr had a sparring session once. Her battle prowess would have earned his admiration and respect, and they would/could have parted on good terms. We could assume this encounter or rp it out, but I imagine they also would have talked a bit about their differing backgrounds and life situations. Depending on how long ago you wanted this to have happened, it could have been after the Exiles took over the outpost, thus giving her a place to go looking for him. So she'd know he was in charge of a fighting force, and where to find him, and what sort of things his band went looking for.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:17 pm
Is ajax okay F a y t h?  

Znaruto

Dapper Humorist

Thalion

Conservative Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:37 pm
I'll put in for a custom to see if I can get the male that you'd like killed off. :3 I just wanna be able to breed him before he's killed off. Would that be alright? o: I don't have any members of the old pride and none of my current soa would fit the role well. XD  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff