Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaians of Florida

Back to Guilds

A place for Floridians to meet other Floridians! 

Tags: Florida 

Reply Gaians of Florida
Megacon 2014 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:38 pm
Blufoo
TheRob
Blufoo
http://www.realradio.fm/photos/megacon/cosplay-friday-at-megacon-2014-384619#/0/22325518

I actually looked through all 183 pictures. eek
Seems a lot of girls went as Wonder Woman, with Harley Quinn in second place. 3nodding

The news said the event expects over 40,000 people. If all 40k just buy a 1-day ticket at the door, that's $1.2 million in ticket sales alone! The event can probably plan on about double that number, though, for all the people there multiple days.

My friend has been there today and she posted on Facebook that it was really really crowded.
ugh it was the worst I ever seen it...not even knowing if I want to go again in future years. We got there early and didn't even get to do much of anything. blarg..  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:14 pm
Blufoo
TheRob
Blufoo
http://www.realradio.fm/photos/megacon/cosplay-friday-at-megacon-2014-384619#/0/22325518

I actually looked through all 183 pictures. eek
Seems a lot of girls went as Wonder Woman, with Harley Quinn in second place. 3nodding

The news said the event expects over 40,000 people. If all 40k just buy a 1-day ticket at the door, that's $1.2 million in ticket sales alone! The event can probably plan on about double that number, though, for all the people there multiple days.

My friend has been there today and she posted on Facebook that it was really really crowded.

I can officially confirm that I was one of the people in the crowd. surprised emotion_dealwithit  

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 8:17 pm
purplekitty
ugh it was the worst I ever seen it...not even knowing if I want to go again in future years. We got there early and didn't even get to do much of anything. blarg..
I tried getting there earlier...but I was stuck in traffic for over an hour just on the street the convention center is on. burning_eyes emotion_facepalm

Some guy at the con was mentioning how in past cons you would know a lot of the people there...but now there's so many people that you barely know anyone there anymore.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:57 pm
Ugh. I had so many problems and things going on. I feel bad I missed meeting up with some of you guys. I did see Rob but for a very short time. The timing of everything was overall bad. x_x I was dragged into a contest by a friend that took two hours (which I didn't know it was going to be that long) but it was the one thing she really wanted to do at the convention. Also, between all the traffic problems and the horrendous hotel problems I had I was actually very stressed out the entire weekend and had trouble making plans with anyone. Not to mention the spotty phone reception.  

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 3:13 am
Vickicat
I did see Rob but for a very short time.
Remember when I said they wouldn't let anyone up to the 3rd floor without a bracelet? I ended up going around to the other staircase and there was no security guard there. I just walked up the stairs. lol ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:15 am
TheRob
Vickicat
Remember when I said they wouldn't let anyone up to the 3rd floor without a bracelet? I ended up going around to the other staircase and there was no security guard there. I just walked up the stairs. lol ninja
feel such a fool buying a bracelet, it was probably easy to go into the dealer room without one cause of the crwods >>  

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:19 pm
purplekitty
TheRob
Vickicat
feel such a fool buying a bracelet, it was probably easy to go into the dealer room without one cause of the crwods >>
I saw some video the other day of someone sneaking into Comic Con. I guess security is tighter there, but he slipped through doors and dealers room while the guards were distracted. It was very ninja like. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:31 am
TheRob
Vickicat

LOL awesome! XD  

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

FORTRAN77

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:41 pm
purplekitty
TheRob
Vickicat

Every year these two girls stop at my friends artist alley table to show off their duct tape wristbands. emotion_eyebrow  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:10 pm
I skipped Mega to go to Metro this year. My only regret.. John Barrowman. So wanted to meet him.  

The 10th Doctor-Mayuri

Aged Genius

5,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • First step to fame 200
  • Wall Street 200

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 2:35 pm
The 10th Doctor-Mayuri
I skipped Mega to go to Metro this year. My only regret.. John Barrowman. So wanted to meet him.
O dear god! Like you actually had to camp in his line it seems. If all I could do was see his face i'd be satisfied...but I couldnt even see his face! v_v

and...duct tape wristbands...seriously  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:36 am
TheRob
purplekitty
TheRob
Vickicat
I saw some video the other day of someone sneaking into Comic Con. I guess security is tighter there, but he slipped through doors and dealers room while the guards were distracted. It was very ninja like. ninja
Did you got to the Rave? The line into that small room was crazy. People must've reaked of con funk in there.  

purplekitty

Tipsy Tipper

7,500 Points
  • Big Tipper 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

TheRob
Vice Captain

Unbeatable Prophet

43,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Healer 50
  • Cosmic Healer 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:37 pm
purplekitty
Did you got to the Rave? The line into that small room was crazy. People must've reaked of con funk in there.
No, I was all over the place and never got tickets. Vicki said they were in limited supply in the afternoon, so I figured they were all sold out and I didn't bother.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:57 pm
purplekitty
TheRob
purplekitty
TheRob
Vickicat

I got into the rave. But I managed to be one of the first people in line for the rave wrist bands. It actually wasn't bad. It didn't smell and the room was actually pretty big for the amount of people in there. People were pretty spaced apart for the most part. But I waited like thirty minutes to an hour or so after the rave started to go in there because I knew the line would be ridiculous and it would probably be really packed at first.  

Vickicat
Crew

Shy Poster

13,115 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Cart Raider 100

Blufoo

Celestial Elder

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 10:40 am
People dance at anime/comic book conventions? confused  
Gaians of Florida