[PRP] Bonding over Books [Singsong/Mooncake] [Generosity]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Singsong was on a mission. She woke up early and left the house with her trusty satchel at her side. Today it was packed with the usual (a notebook and art supplies) and two special additions: the book The Compendium of Creation Myths across the World and a special gift for a certain phony. Because today was the day! Since she received the book from Shrill X, Singsong devised a plan that she wouldn't forget to do!

The heavy book that weighed down her satchel meant a lot to the filly. It had inspired many stories and illustrations, but it was dearly missed by someone. She just knew it.

When Shrill X came home with the lovely gift, Singsong was ecstatic. Her poor sister nearly had her life squeezed out thanks to Singsong's famous bear hugs. Before she became too immersed in the tales of old, Shrill X mentioned that a colt was going to come and read with them but he never came.

So now Singsong was coming to him! From what Shrill X said, the book meant a great deal to the fussy colt. It must of been hard for him to give it up like that, and even if it was a wonderful gift, Singsong felt bad. No one should be without their favorite book. Of course Singsong was guilty of giving it back a little late...she just really loved it too.

But this was the right thing to do! Singsong even brought another gift as a peace offering. When she arrived at the shop her sister told her about the little green-headed phony was nervous. What was he going to say? Was he even here?

Only one way to find out.

Singsong took a deep breath and marched forward. "Um...excuse me? Hello?" The little lady asked as she pushed open the door and peered into the store.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:42 pm
Ac.Wings

Mooncake had somehow managed to get stuck watching his mother's store on his day off. Paper was too busy discovering his purpose and apparently his mother had some date with a charming stallion or something. But, at least the day was slow and he was well familiar with all of his mother's stock. He could at least keep himself entertained with whatever books she had recently acquired.

As the small bell above the door rang he placed on his "oh look a customer!" smile and glided out from behind the counter. "Hello. Looking for some imported goods?" The stallion chuckled and looked down at the filly. "Perhaps some pocky or chocobabies if you have a sweet tooth?" He gestured towards the shelf full of asian snacks, because what kid didn't love candy?

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:30 am
"Imported goods?" She followed his motion to look at the shelf full of colorful candies and sweets. They did look very nice and she probably would of jumped to buy them but she was on a mission! No distractions until it was complete.

"Ah...those do sound lovely but I'm actually looking for someone." She opened her bag and with a little trouble pulled out the massive book. The little filly heaved it onto the counter and smiled sweetly at the store clerk. "This belonged to him. Or at least he liked it a lot but let my sister buy it for me. As much as I really love it, I feel bad that he doesn't have something he really cares for. Uh...do you...maybe know where he is? He's a flutter like you but I think he's my age."

She glanced around the store as if expecting the little one to just pop up but so far it was just her and the young stallion.

Maybe sugary delights would lure him out? Only way to know! Singsong quickly pulled out a bag of cookies and placed them on top of the book, "I brought a peace offering too! Do you think he likes chocolate chip swirl cookies? I like to eat them when I read so maybe he would too!"

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:00 pm
Ac.Wings

Mooncake's eyes went wide as the book was pulled out. He beamed brightly. It was almost like seeing an old familiar friend to see that beloved book again. He brushed aside a strand of hair, moving towards the counter with a grin. "I do have two younger siblings. But folklore isn't either of them's specialty. In fact, if i let my demon brother Paper near this book it's likely he'll tear some of the pages out."

He smiled somewhat awkwardly. "I do know the flutter you're talking about though." He chuckled, tapping the cutie mark on his forehead. "He's a purple flutter with folklore as his purpose." He winked, hoping she'd get it. "He does like cookies, but i can't let you leave without some sort of sweet in return." He gestured towards the shelves with a hoof.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:56 pm
Singsong gasped as Mooncake put the thought in her head. Her orange eyes grew wide as she imagined the horrible sight of someone tearing up a book."Why would we do that?! Books are so wonderful! Does he not like to read? H-He shouldn't take it out on the books." She rest a hoof on the front cover and pet it. "Poor things."

She looked back up at him and tilted her head to the side in confusion. But before he knew it she was sporting a huge grin, her brain piecing all his clues together fairly quick. "You're him! Wow! Hi!" Singsong giggled and clapped her hooves together. "You're much older and bigger than I thought. How are you? I'm so sorry but thank you for letting my sister buy the book It was so nice to have it. But...I-I think you should have it back. It meant a lot to you and I've read it enough so I think I have a lot memorized." She hoped..

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:47 am
Ac.Wings

"Well... Paper craft is his talent. Although he unfortunately is not particular about where he gets his paper from. He's not particularly considerate to others either." The purple stallion chortles, shaking his head for a moment. "I have to be careful with my books around him."

"Yes. Yes I am." Mooncake chuckled, somewhat embarrassed by the attention. "Ah. It's alright." He rubs the back of his head with a hoof. "I shouldn't have made such a big deal of it. Books are meant to share knowledge with others after all." The stallion shrugs, a tiny smile on his face. "I can't really help how quickly i age." He lets out a brief laugh before turning a worried glance to the book. "Ah? That's very sweet of you. But are you sure?"

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:18 pm
"I'm sorry to hear that, well, that he isn't very considerate when it comes to that stuff. At least you know to hide your books? Could you explain to him that he's hurting your feelings when he rips up your books? Would be understand then?" Singsong asked as she thought it over. That's what she would do if one of her siblings messed up a book of hers. Luckily she never had to worry about that with her family.

Singsong giggled and looked him over, "I'll have to tell Shrill you grew up to be very handsome! You two should meet up again!" After all, their meeting was surely one that belonged in the pages of a good romance book. Although Singsong highly doubted Shrill would ever agree to a date with the flutter but a girl could dream~!

"Nah, I understand! I have lots of trouble letting go of books I really like. If my dad's didn't take them when I finished reading, I would have so many overdue books on my library card!" Singsong smiled broadly and quickly nodded, "Please! I know you never got to finish it so I want you to. Just sit back and enjoy it just like I did."

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:15 pm
Ac.Wings
Sorry for taking so long. D':

"Well..." Mooncake chuckled and tapped a hoof against the nearby counter. "He doesn't really understand. He's too absorbed in his craft to really consider that books can be precious."

The stallion blushed, humming awkwardly as he looked away. "Ah, well i'm not really. Also i'm pretty sure your sister hates me," he smiled. It's not that he could blame her. But, he was past that.

"Thank you very much, miss." The flutter bowed. It was nice to see that she cared so much. "You're very generous to give this back to me."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:33 pm
Singsong frowned and bit her lower lip, concern written all over her face. "Well I hope he does one day. Books are as precious as his paper art and if you need help explaining that to him then I will do my best to tell him. Maybe if more phonies spoke up he'd listen and stop using books?"

The filly quickly shook her head and waved a hoof at him, "Nope! I won't hear it. You very much are and she certainly does not. She's just a bit aggressive but that's just her personality! Once you get to know her she's really swell. A true sweetheart just like you! Promise."

"Well of course! That's what a good filly is supposed to do. Now..." She smiled wide and trotted over to the nearest table. "I'm ready for my treat, please! It all looks so yummy so I want you to surprise me with the best one ya got."

Singsong giggled with absolute delight, "And then if you aren't busy lets talk about that big wonderful book while I munch. Brilliant plan, wouldn't you say?" And that was that. She had managed to give up something very precious to her to make someone else happy. It was a good feeling for the filly to have. Plus, Mooncake had given her quite the bonus for her good deed! All in all, it was a very good day.

cursedandwandering
Don't be~! This was wonderful! >u< Thanks for responding so quickly! Now I picture them having frequent book meet ups to discuss their latest readings and eat lots of treats. xD Thanks so much!

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games