Submit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:47 pm
A purple stallion was furiously flipping through a stack of books on a bench just outside Sweet Bread's store. Rumor had it that a very odd batches of foals had be born lately. That they had features belonging not to phony but of monsters. Sure, stitched on limbs he could find in various myths and stories, like frankenstein. But there was a group of traits he'd heard of that just didn't make any sense to him. They weren't like any myth he had heard of.

Limbs made out of bread, now that was an odd one. Of course he couldn't find anything references to any sort of creature in any of his books, much to his frustration. Which only increased his curiosity. He had to see them. He had to document it. Maybe even write his own beliefs on how it happened and what it meant. He could make a compendium of sorts with the different mutations and myth like creatures he met.

Maybe if Mooncake was lucky the foal would just be hanging out in Sweet Bread's shop and he could "casually" bump into him and make some inquiries. The stallion cleared his throat and packed up his books, heading into the shop.

-Yasha Alchemist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:36 pm
If any guest were to step in right now they would not be greeted by owner's sweet and smiling face, but instead by Expired (and his glare). Sweet Bread really wanted her son to open up and try speaking to more people, but instead it seemed to be back firing and not many people seemed to stay long enough to even by anything. The gem spike-y headed little unicorn, did not seem like a happy camper. Ex, kept a small cape up to cover up his arm. People here to buy bread, certainly did not need to see his arm and want a slice. All in all, he did not want to be here selling bread for people eat. He couldn't stand to watch people eat it. He huffed audible when another customer entered.

"Welcome to Pans.... We have bread here."

Wait was that him caring? Oh, no... Just him repeating what his mother told him to say to each customer, or something similar to that. He wasn't even doing a very good job at that.

cursedandwandering

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:47 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

The flutter's eyes widened when he was greeted not by Sweet Bread, but by a foal with very peculiar hair. Were those crystals in it? Or had the foal just put way too much hair gel in his hair today? Mooncake's head tilted as he examined the colt. Was this the one? Perhaps he'd gotten lucky. But he didn't see any limbs made of bread. If only he could get a better look under that cape.

"Uh, hello. I like your hair... Your hair... It reminds me of golems." Mooncake coughed awkwardly. "I was looking for bread, obviously. But, not the edible kind." He rubbed his front hooves together anxiously, wings buzzing. "I heard i could find a foal here who has a unique mutation. Do you know who i'm talking about?"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:31 pm
Even after his unwelcoming welcome, the phony stepped in and continued to talk to him. What was he thinking? Ex sat there unamused while he quickly commented on his hair. "My hair? Golems? What are golems?" Was he making fun of him already?

Not the edible kind? Did he mean his arm? Well of course that wasn't edible, but then against to him all bread was inedible. "Mutations... hmm, I don't know. My siblings and I are strange, but I don't think we are any more strange than you are." He said rather bluntly to the flutter, but it wasn't true. He was very self conscience about the way he looked.

cursedandwandering

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:31 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

Oh look! Someone asking him a question that related to his purpose. Well, if the little colt didn't want to hear a long rambling lecture about mythology then that was his mistake. Mooncake grinned excitedly and began to prattle on. "Well, a golem is a creature made out of inanimate objects. For example, there is a story about how man was made from clay and then animated by the gods. Typically golems are made from stone, like some of your hair is, but not always. They can be seen as servants or violent monsters in some stories." He shrugged, smiling.

At the suggestion that he himself was a strange looking phony, the stallion glanced over his shoulder at his back and then down at his legs. Nope, nothing there that wasn't supposed to be. Everything was disappointingly normal. "I don't have any mutations. Unless you're making a comment on my personality?" He chuckled and quirked a brow. "How are you strange, young sir?"

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:19 am
Expired followed the man's rambling finding them almost interesting well until the last part. Monsters and servants... Where him and his sibling always going to be compared to such things? The purple little colt gave a small sigh and began to shut down.

"I'm allowed to think you look weird for not having mutations, aren't I?" His eyes shifted to the side. "Why do you want to know about the mutations. Are you going to try and conduct experiments on us or something?" It what most phonies around her wanted. Maybe he was exaggerating... but their were too many questions going around about them. They were just like every other foals and fillies out there (mostly). Some a bit more creepier like Nevermore and some a lot more mopey like he was.... but still kids just the same.

cursedandwandering

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:42 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

Mooncake blinked and cleared his throat, somewhat surprised. "Well, I believe by definition a mutation is something that's not the norm. So... Since i don't have mutations then that would make me normal... Unless we were discussing personalities, but that is something else entirely.

The stallion laughed nervously, wringing his hooves together. "Well, science isn't really my purpose. Folklore is. I'd heard about a few foals that had been born with mutations. But the mutations described to me weren't like any creature i had read about. You see, I know a few ponies that have mutations that make perfect sense... Like a mare with ghostly qualities." He blushes for a moment, glancing away. "So I was interested in studying..."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:13 pm
He made a grim face. What was he suppose to do know. He wanted to just cut the conversation off there and to leave. Then keep walking until he ran into another mutant... or just keep walking forever and alone. He didn't want to admit that maybe if he wasn't so secretive about his arm that maybe everyone could move on with their lives. Exp bit his lip and then nodded his head. "As long as you aren't going to chop us up... then I guess I can show you my arm."

He takes off his small cloak to reveal his bread arm. The small purple colt was able to bend it and move it as needed (or kneaded!? haha. I'm sorry.) and he was able to stand up on it just fine. It was just a sturdy piece of bread for an arm. He looked away though, unsure of how the folklore geek phony was going to react. Ex severely hoped he didn't have the sudden need for a bit or anything.

cursedandwandering

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 11:37 am
-Yasha Alchemist

"Chop you up?" Mooncake parroted the words back slowly, a look of confusion on his face. "Why would i do that? I don't even think if i wanted to i could have the strength for it." The flutter awkwardly chuckles, waving his spindly limbs about to show their frailness.

As the bread limb was revealed the flutter's eyes went wide in amazement. He flit about excitedly, examining the limb. "Oh! Oh!" He practically squealed, pulling a pen out to scribble notes. "Tell me about it! Can you get it wet?"

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:05 pm
Expired gave the smallest hint of a smile as the fluttered mentioned his week little arms. "Baguette bread is harder, but I bet even a flutter like you could cut it. He knocked the hardened bread against the counter top. It was relieving to have it out in the open. Granted Mooncake was staring... but not with ill intent and that was a step in a new direction for Ex.

"Mmn, yes? It can get wet, but I try to avoid it." He thought about what he wanted to share with the stallion. "It's a lot harder to walk on.... but I've been working on a little bit of magic to make the end it stronger, so I don't have to worry about hurting myself in though cases. But now that I think about it... I'm glad it doesn't get moldy from water." He gave another smile. "Mmn, it's all bread I'm pretty sure. No bones or anything, so that is a little strange."

cursedandwandering

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 12:40 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

"Fascinating!" The male flutter practically squealed with delight. "I can't imagine anyone would want to cut it though, given it's attached. Can you actually feel things with it though? If a small piece of crust flakes off does it grow back?" The gods surely had blessed Mooncake with this opportunity. There were so many things to ask about this unexplored territory and he would be the first one to publish anything about it.

Pursing his lips, the stallion slowed his writing for a moment. "Well... Couldn't you just put some sort of rubber end on it? Like how canes and things that rub against the ground do to prevent scuffing. But the rubber would prevent it from getting wet and dirty." He cleared his throat and smiled awkwardly. "I guess it'd really just be a shoe then."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:32 pm
No one had tried to cut or bite off his leg, but it had always been a fear of his... The way Mooncake put things seemed to ease his mind of the worry. It was a bit of a confidence booster to have someone so genuine and excited about his leg. "Hmmm, my first reaction would be to say no.. but seeing as it still looks like fresh bread. I guess that is does have some slow self persevering quality to."

"Umm, I guess I haven't tried that because it hasn't been a problem. Plus I like working on my magic." He gave a bit of a shrug. "But I suppose I should start keeping something like that with me, thank you." Not many phonies had to wear shoes... and a shoe wearing bread leg phony just sounded so strange, but if it would protect him further it was something to give some thought. "So you are just taking note of all this? Will you be talking to any of the other... mutated phonies?" It sounded strange to say out loud. Mutant and proud was something he said so often, but to someone not like him.... It felt weird.

cursedandwandering

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:41 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

The stallion nodded along, antennae twitching excitedly. "Mmm, ok. Since it does function like any other limb... Maybe the only bread thing about it is it's appearance?" The flutter chuckled, tapping his hoof against the counter. A 'knock on wood' of sorts.

"Ah. I don't have any magical abilities so i wouldn't know the joy of practicing them. Of course, with any skill it is good to practice." Mooncake shrugged, setting down his pen. "Yep. What else would i be doing with it?" A laugh escaped him and he smiled. "Ideally, yes. I'd love to learn about all sorts of creatures that aren't supposed to exist, but do." He leaned forward and whispered. "Between you and me, the mare i like is half ghost." The flutter giggled nervously and pulled back. "I find this sort of thing really cool," he murmured, gesturing to the foal's oddities. "It's neat to see what old civilizations may have gotten right when most people have dismissed the myths as just stories. I mean, some of them certainly are just a way to explain the unexplainable. But it's neat to sort out truths from stories, i think. Although i like the stories just as much."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:37 am
Ex watched as the flutter's little antennae twitch on top of his head. The purple colt suddenly found it strange that this horse was part bug. He had a leg that was made of bread, but all the flutters were part bug. Pegasus part bird... what was a unicorn? It was all very weird to think about, so he decided to just come back to his current conversation. "Appearance... yay...mmhmm."

So he liked a phony that was part ghost? Cool. He thought it would be interesting to meet some phony that was part ghost. Now Mooncake seemed to nervously move around the subject. Ex knew nothing of love yet, but it seemed like.... something he wanted to understand. "Not suppose to exist..." He murmured the words a the phony continued on his rambling on history. "Mmm, interesting. Well then I'm happy to help prove what is real and not real then."

cursedandwandering

-Yasha Alchemist

Omnipresent Cat

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 7:45 pm
-Yasha Alchemist

Mooncake cleared his throat, blushing. "I hope i haven't offended you at all. I just find legends fascinating and the potential they have to be true even more so. I mean, it can't be purely coincidence that there's a few stories which every culture contains."

The flutter smiled slightly. He was probably boring the poor foal to death. "Anyway. Thanks. It's a great help to me that you're letting me talk to you and take notes."

My Little Phony

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff