Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[prp] I've lost it! (Mooncake and Gold Dubloon)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:17 pm
Mooncake flew down the sidewalk, weaving in and out of phonies as fast as he could. He'd spent too much time at a used bookshop and as now running late for work, his messenger bag heavy with the new books he'd acquired. He couldn't believe he'd slipped up. He just had gotten so absorbed in his search. The books at that store were amazing finds, with their worn old covers and their hand drawn illustrations of mythical beasts.

He couldn't believe his luck, so of course he would be so unfortunate as to be late for work. As the stallion zipped down the street his bag jostled, the flap poorly secured, and a worn book tumbled out onto the sidewalk as he weaved past a group of phonies. The purple flutter didn't notice as he ducked into a nearby cafe and scurried behind the counter to prepare for his shift.

Ac.Wings

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:46 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Ah window shopping, one of Golden Doubloon's favorite things to do besides being a pirate. The little sprite flitted between the store windows and gazed in amazement at all the goodies for sale. Today was the day Golden Doubloon and her crew docked to check out the latest in the city. It was a massive swirl of colors, sounds, and smells! There was always something to do, to see, to EAT. Definitely a fun day!

While the rest of her gang filed into the nearest store, Golden was still transfixed in front of a window displaying pretty book covers and an phonywear inspired by said books. The beautiful golden trim on a book titled Treasure Island especially caught her attention. It shimmered just like the jewelry on the pirate ensemble the model was wearing. She was in need of a good book, something to read before bed.

Just as she was picturing herself snuggled in bed and drowning in literature, a loud THUD tore her away from the glittery image. The flutter quickly turned to see what it could be to find that a book had dropped right out of the sky!

Well wasn't that absolutely amazing?

Without any further thought she dove forward and somehow managed to grab the large book and haul it back to the side where she had just been hovering. "Wow..." The filly said in awe as her hoof brushed dirt off the cover. It must of just dropped right out of the sky! Someone knew she needed this and the crew could declare this as treasure! It looked old and valuable. Oh, what a great band of pirates they were! Maybe next time the treasure will just walk right up to them!

Ever so curious to know what the book was about, Golden Doubloon flew open the cover and flipped through the mages. What she saw was grand! Beautifully drawn and painted mythical beasts left and right. Was this a monster almanac? That meant there had to be sea monsters listed in here! And with your serpents, krakens, and sirens there was always treasure! Surely a map to a shimmering fortune was buried somewhere in these pages.

The little fllly giggled with glee and yelled into the shop her friends were looking in, "I'm going to the cafe!" Wasn't that the place where all the phonies went to read? Because of the yummy food and "atmosphere"? She had within her grasp a map to riches and beautiful artifacts! So why not play the part today with her brand new book!

And that was exactly what she planned to do. Slowly, thanks to the book being so big compared to her small size, Golden Doubloon worked to drag her new found treasure towards the sweet smelling cafe.

cursedandwandering

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:22 pm
Ac.Wings

The purple flutter scrambled about behind the counter as he tried to fill people's orders. Hot ceramic cups clattered against dishes as he set them on the counter to be picked up by the customers. The rush was hectic, but he was fortunate enough that Latte was kind enough to look past his lateness. He wasn't late often, in fact maybe only three or so times in the whole period of his life he'd spent working there. But, that didn't mean he felt bad about it.

Mooncake winced, accidentally spilling some espresso on one of his hooves. He shook his leg out for a brief moment and ran it under cool water before returning to working. He had finally started relaxing, getting into the groove of serving people their food and drink. The stallion was blissfully unaware something was wrong, that a rare book had managed to slip out of his bag and end up in the hooves of a young filly.

When the rush settled down he glanced out across the tables, letting out a sigh of relief. It was only then that he spotted it. The beautiful leather cover with it's golden scrawled out letters. That book looked just like one of the ones he bought! He smiled for a moment, pleased that he wasn't the only one who seemed to be interested in the subject, before it dawned on him. That was a rare book, what was the likelihood the filly had her own copy? With a panicked look on his face he flew into the back room to dig through his bag. It wasn't there! It wasn't there! His eyebrows furrowed together and he marched out into the cafe again. That was his book! Why did the filly have it!

He stared out at her from behind the counter, trying to figure out how to confront her.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:19 pm
Somehow, someway, little Golden Doubloon managed to heft the heavy book onto the cafe table. After some time was spent panting and catching her breath the filly got to work looking over her new find. It truly was a work of art! The golden scrawl letters on the cover were her favorite part of the book. Even with age, the gold still managed to glimmer in the light.

"Beautiful..." The filly muttered as she admired the old book.

But as pretty as the novel was on the outside, what mattered the most was the insides! Golden Doubloon could easily see that the pages were old and worn. Thankfully she knew to be ever so careful with a classic. Treasures like this had to be treated with great care!

The flutter tried to be like a gentle butterfly when she opened up the old book. Course when it was opened to the first page Golden Doubloon could no longer contain her excitement and dove right in to read. Good thing she had wings to hover with or else she would of face-planted onto the first page.

Far too fascinated with what was before her, Golden Doubloon didn't even notice the stallion staring worriedly at her. If she had poor Mooncake wouldn't of had to worry about how to strike up a conversation, she easily would of done it for him. But alas, it looked like he was on his own today.

cursedandwandering

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 1:33 pm
Ac.Wings

The purple stallion flitted about anxiously behind the counter, filling out orders. But, still he kept his eyes on the book, a frown on his face. When the line cleared he washed his hooves off in the sink, twisting to try and keep his eye on the filly with the book in sight. He craned his neck awkwardly, splashing some water on the floor. But he paid no mind to it. All he could think of was the value of the book in the filly's hooves, how he had scoured to find a copy. Drying his hooves on a cloth that hung by the sink, he drifted out from behind the counter.

At first he just floated past tables, slowly cleaning things off them. He steadily made his way towards her table like that, picking up a stray napkin before he cleared his throat. "That's a good book, isn't it?" He said somewhat awkwardly, not sure how to confront the filly or if he had maybe made a mistake.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:16 pm
Golden Doubloon was so engrossed in the book she didn't notice him at first until he had to clear his throat again. "Oh!" She quickly looked up and stared at the flutter. "Hey, you're a flutter! Me too!" The filly grinned as she leaned back and forth to get a good look at his wings without leaving her seat. "I really like your wings, they're just like mine...but bigger!" Her wings buzzed as she listened to the poor phony as he repeated his question.

"My book?" She glanced down at it and turned the page, "Why yes it is! There's all kinds of cool stuff in it and it's like, super old. This book here is treasure. I'm gonna show it off to the rest of my crew. They'll love it! Funny how you just get lucky some days, huh?"

cursedandwandering

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:51 pm
Ac.Wings

"Ah... Yes? I suppose they are." The stallion cleared his throat, fidgeting awkwardly by her table as the conversation turned to their wings. "Thank you, i find them rather delicate like a fairy's though. Your's are nice as well." Mooncake felt ill at ease, not quite sure how to bring the subject up, let alone with a child.

"I'm sure." The flutter murmured, knowing well enough just how valuable the book was indeed. His face paled as he imagined it being shown to a bunch of rag-a-muffin foals who might tear it apart like his younger brother would. "You wouldn't happened to have found that book, would you?" Like, in his bag? Mooncake's eyebrows scrunched together as he tried to figure how to word things without outright accusing the filly. "I happened to have been carrying a book exactly like that earlier."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 1:24 am
"You say it like fairy wings are a bad thing!" She gasps as her little scarlet bee wings buzz with alarm. She's so surprised to hear the stallion is more on the 'meh' of the awesome meter. Maybe she could help convince him why their wings were grand, even if they were delicate. "I like being close to a fairy! We're really fast with these babies and I've always loved fairy stories. If I wasn't a pirate i'd want to be a fairy! What about you? I think you'd be really handsome as the king of fairies!" Her eyes glimmered, already envisioning him with flowing hair and dressed in extravagant robes.

His gentle and cautious question managed to snap Golden Doubloon out of her fantasy daydreaming. She quickly looked down at the book and gently pet the cover, "So you think this is your book?"

But she found it. Finders keepers! That was a big Pirate rule. Even if it was his she liked it, had found it, and wanted to keep it! So what was stopping her from saying 'it's mine!' and scurrying out of the cafe?

Because as much as she wanted the big book book, Golden Doubloon knew it wasn't right to keep something that didn't belong to her. "I...I found it down the road. I really like it but uh, you can look and see if it's yours. Maybe you dropped it." She sighed and pushed the book at him to inspect. As much as she was hoping it wasn't his, this was the best course of action. Captain Salty would be proud of her. Besides, other than Golden Doubloon it's not like anyone else on the ship would be very thrilled to have a book treasure.

cursedandwandering

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:30 pm
Ac.Wings

"There's certainly nothing wrong with fairies. They just don't help when you're trying to look intimidating while you're standing up for yourself." The adult flutter chuckles, a small smile on his face. Fairy king, hmm? He wondered for a moment if a certain mare would like that title before his attention turned back to the matter at hand.

A frown crossed his face as they returned to the unpleasant topic that had started them talking in the first place. "I was carrying a book just like it earlier and it's not exactly a common piece of literature." Mooncake grimaced down at the book, though his face softened with the filly said she had found it. Assuming she was telling the truth, at least that meant it hadn't been stolen.

"I might have," the stallion sighed, tapping a hoof against his chin. "I was in a rush to get to work earlier... If you wouldn't mind?" He smiled encouragingly, able to imagine the filly's hesitation. He reached for the book to flip through the pages. Recalling that the back cover had a note scrawled inside it, presumably by the previous owner, he opened to that page. Of course, there it was plain to see. "Ah... This is the one i had earlier..." He glanced towards the filly, lips pressed into a tight line. He wasn't sure what to do about this predicament. The filly did say she liked it after all, but it was such a rare book! "How- how about a trade? Whatever pastry and drink you like, on me, and perhaps i can find another book for you?"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:15 pm
Golden Doubloon watched as he flipped through the book and secretly hoped that whatever he was looking for wouldn't be there. But sure enough, there it was. A pesky scrawl of chicken scratch. Too bad. The little flutter huffed and slumped in her seat as the weight of disappointment set itself heavily on her.

"Of course it is..." Her red gaze focused back on the book and she just stared at it, as if this would help her absorb all the knowledge resting inside it that she didn't have a chance to retain.

Why did she have to take the honest route? What good did that do? She just lost a very neat book for nothing!

The flutter shot up straight when Mooncake brought up a plan for compromise. It actually sounded pretty darn sweet! A yummy snack and a book? How could she say no! Maybe Honesty did get you somewhere.

But even if she was all set to jump on the trade, Golden Doubloon sat back in her chair and tapped her chin. She had to give it a few seconds and act hard to get or next time a nice trade like this may not be so sweet. "Hmm...well...I suppose that will do. But I want it to be a cool book! Not a book for kids. Something a real pirate uses! Deal?" She stuck out a hoof for him to shake while she was brimming with confidence.

cursedandwandering
I think we can close this adorable rp up in a post or two. >u> <3

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 11:05 am
Ac.Wings

Mooncake shifted, uncomfortable with the situation. He wasn't really sure how to react given the filly's obvious disappointment in that the book belonged to him. "Ah, sorry?" He murmured, standing there awkwardly.

He glanced towards the pastry case to take in their stock for a moment then back to the other flutter. "Of course. Baby books certainly aren't very interesting." He glanced towards her hoof before extending his own. "Pirate book, sure..." He pursed his lips, recalling a conversation he'd had with another pirate foal about mermaids. Perhaps a book on sea monsters would do? "Deal. Now what pastry would you like?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 12:45 pm
Golden Doublon noticed his obvious discomfort and quickly sought to put him at ease. With a big smile and shake of her head the little lass said, "Don't be sorry! I'm really thankful for this little deal of ours. It's really good book but it belongs with you. But one of these days I'd like to borrow it for some more reading! Until then, I'm really happy with any book you can find." She giggled and reached out to pat his hoof. "Promise."

And as the awkward mood lifted, Golden Doubloon was thinking about tastier treats not for her brain but her stomach, "Anything smothered in chocolate and peanut butter please! And if you don't have something like that well, I'll just have anything." The little flutter giggled and cheerfully spent the rest of her day in the cafe, happily chatting with her newfound friend and munching on sweets until it was time to go home. From then on, Golden Doubloon made frequent appearances to the cafe. She was constantly borrowing (and returning) Mooncake's books and in return she'd bring him little trinkets from her many pirate adventures.

cursedandwandering
Eee~ I really enjoyed this RP, Cursed! >U< Thank you so much! <3 It was really cute and you helped Golden Doubloon with her final element!! HURRAY!!! 8D <3<3

Ac.Wings

Lovergirl

My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces