Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:09 pm
User Image

A small child appeared to be on her own, but Alma knew better. All around her were her Grandmother's illusions, the fea was near. Grandmother was always near, always watching. She didn't bother looking for her, Grandmother could hide just as well as all her friends.

Yards back the elephant stopped following her, but then a butterfly appeared and distracted her. The trees were alive with her friends, even as they seemed to twist in the light. With no sense of true marvel, Alma kept walking until the tree illusions seemed to stop.

Now there was a clearing and even further a cave. Assuming this was just another gift from Grandmother, the child naively kept walking with no awareness at all of her surroundings.

In stead she toddled along speaking to the butterfly fluttering near her as if speaking to someone. With her Grandmother's illusions, Alma assumed they could report what she said back thus she continued her conversation with her Grandmother as before, though now she was also supplying the answers.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:49 pm
User ImageElarinya rubbed at her eyes, yawning as she awoke from her rather peaceful nap. As she stretched, her wings flexed, too, before fluttering faster and faster, picking her up from the ground and letting her hover nearby the cave. Was someone coming near the cave? She heard something coming from the trees...

There was more than one thing, too! That was interesting. Interest piqued, Elarinya flittered towards the trees, looking for the source of what was making all those noises, only to see something as small as her stumbling her way towards the clearing. How did she make it over here?

The girl made a small, concerned noise. Was this another one of those--

Well, there were no big ones near...

Elarinya fluttered over to the little girl who seemed to be rather enthusiastically chattering on with herself. It looked like she was looking at something, but she was kind of ... answering herself too ... Curiously, Elarinya zoomed in a bit closer and asked the fateful question.

"What'cha doiiing?"

Seiana_ZI

Codebreaking Conversationalist

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 9:07 pm
Continuing her conversation, Alma didn't notice the other until she spoke. Looking away from the butterfly, she saw something new. This was a form she had never seen before with wings like she had never seen, wide-eyed she looked on impressed. Grandma had new tricks!

Without missing a beat she continued on her conversation now talking right at the new fea, "I still think a waterfall of trees would look really cool, Grannie, don't you? Maybe with boulder fishies?" She paused then, considering how her Grandmother would respond. So far in the conversation Grandmother didn't sound like she thought it was as neat of an idea. Maybe with the new form, she would like it better. Butterflies seemed less agreeable.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:22 pm
Waterfall of --

What?!

"I'm no Grannie!" pouted Elarinya, very displeased with this 'old woman' labeling. She certainly was no old person! "M-," she cut off the rest of her name and continued, "'s an old person, I'm not an old person! I'm a little girl how mean!." Seemingly rather offended, Elarinya flew around the young Pae'il's head rapidly a few times, grumbling under her breath about rude little winged girls.

Once she finished that, she descended down a bit more and flicked the long antennae at the top of Alma's head. There was something else she observed--the strange golden circle thing she had saw on the tops of the heads of those weird big teens--but she decided not to do anything about that thing at the moment.

"What are you talkin' about? What is a boulder fish?"

Maybe Elarinya was both more and less agreeable.

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:47 pm
Very confused, Alma watched the illusion flit around. Her Grandmother usually didn't talk back to her like that. She shook out of her stupor and giggled, "Grannie isn't old!" Oh her Grandmother would not like being called old. This must be a trick, she decided.

The glee in her eyes died the moment her antennae was touched. She squeaked loudly and jumped like she had been bitten. Fluttering her own wings now worked overtime pulling her little feet off the ground.

She was staring at Elarinya anew like she was something the child had never seen before. "You are real real?!" Her statement came with her shock as she tried to reach out and touch the other. Marveling she had never seen another real pea not related to her and she just couldn't believe that there was one actually in front of her.

"Boulder fish?" Momentarily she had forgotten what she was talking about but the question came back to her and she answered almost seeming lost in her own thought process, "Grannie can make things appear, boulder fishies are rock fishies." Her voice trailed off again, her mind blank as she struggled to figure out what to do. Was a real-real thing dangerous? Could she play with her?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:23 pm
What was wrong with this girl? Why did someone touching her antenna cause her to squeal like a pig and jump like a jumping spider? How bizarre. Elarinya shook her head. What a strange little girl!

Why did being "real" confuse her, anyway?

"Uh..." She blinked a few times, before poking the girl's antenna again, kind of hoping she would jump even higher this time. "I'm pretty sure I'm real. I mean, I was born." Clearly that explained everything. Her birth showed that she had always been real since she was born. What else would she be, a monster? Maybe she would be a ghost or something. Being a ghost might be kinda cool...

"Dunno about rock fish though, I dun think those are real." At least, of all the things Elarinya saw, that was not one of the things she had ever seen. And she had seen a lot, she was certain! After all, she lived with people who knew a lot, didn't she? And they could tell her the world...

And the world did not include rock fish!

"Are you ha-hallu-hallucinatin'?" She seemed legitimately curious about this.

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:40 pm
Alma jerked higher into the air when her antenna was poked still acting like she was bitten. Her whole body shook in a shiver as she continued to stare at Elarinya blinking several times. "You can touch, you have to be real-real." Did Grandmother learn a new trick? To test her theory, the confused child flew around her new friend. With her hands out, she never tried to touch the blue child, instead touching around.

So it wasn't Grandmother, she'd be able to feel her. With a look of deep concentration she crossed her arms trying to figure this one out. Reaching out she tried to touch Elarinya's arm, "Grannie can make anything appear, but its never been touchable before."

The word Elrainya used was unfamiliar to her, tilting her head she asked, "What is hallucinatin? Sounds like illusion, what Grannie can do. I can't make things appear, at least I couldn't." Was this pae something she made?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:28 pm
Why did touching her antenna set her off so much? It was actually kinda funny ... Giggling, Elarinya decided to poke her antenna once again, watching her, rather hopeful that she would once again launch herself into the air for her amusement.

Yes, she was real-real ... What, was there such thing as fake-real? Imagination-real? So confusing. Elarinya tilted her head, observing the little girl as she seemed confused about the existence of another little girl in her midst. Was she talking to a ghost? Maybe this girl had once not been a real girl! That would be cool. How did they make her a real girl, though? Why couldn't they just let her rest as a ghost girl?

Elarinya's imagination was brought back to Telrunya by the girl saying that her Grannie makes anything appear. That sounded not good. Her eyes widened a tad, but she declined to say anything on the matter.

Oh, illusions.

Okay, she knew those ...

"Oh, illusion things! I know people who can make illusion things! I can't though. Not my field." She fluttered around the little girl, hovering behind her for a moment before zipping over and in front of her again. "You're silly! Kids do not do the illusion thing, I think~"

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:51 pm
Alma did not disappoint, with the touch on the antenna she zipped up again hovering farther off the ground then she had ever done before, at least she thought. One never knew if a cliff was real-real or not.

Elarinya's explanation made sense but then she could be telling not truths. Trying to watch the girl without moving herself, Alma mentioned, "My Grannie is the best at those. She can't make real-real though."

Kids do not do the illusion? Alma looked at her hands, was she sure? "Kids do not?" So maybe she didn't make the other pea? Well, not so long as the other pea knew.

Testing it she says, "I am Alma!" She says her name proudly, it had been given to her and had always been hers. Other things, they came and went, but her name stayed.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:04 pm
Apparently her Grannie was the best at illusions?

Ha! She definitely knew better. much better...

She zipped around Alma again, always on the move, as flighty as her wings fluttered quickly. Once again, her eyes found the halo. Was this girl bad? Did her halo come from her Grannie? Maybe her Grannie was like, an angel with a mean intention to trick her granddaughter! Or her, really. Maybe the angel was trying to trick her...

... The little girl seemed too silly though, too silly...

"Kids do not do illusions! They are only for big kids and the tall, old ones," that was probably her name for adults, like this oddly made girl's "Grannie." Flying around behind her, Elarinya briefly picked at her wings, experimenting with them as she attempted to understand them fully. She hadn't seen wings like this before. They were kinda like hers, but bigger, and they had some weird thick things linking them together...

At the name announcement, Elarinya blinked, swinging back around to the front of the girl.

"I'm Ela!" Her full name was not something she gave. "Why are you out here?"

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:58 pm
She tried to keep track of Elarinya as the other zipped around quickly got herself dizzy. Keeping track of someone was new to her and this girl had more energy then her Momma or Grandmother. shaking her head, she stopped looking and picked a spot to focus on.

That helped with the dizzy, her ears twitched as she tired to at least keep an ear in the fluttering direction. "My Grannie and Momma are really, really tall. But not old, they would be mad if you called them that." She shivered a little bit, getting either female mad was a scary prospect. Her Grannie loved her, but could make really scary things appear!

She squeaked when her wings were picked at, tucking them against her body. This had the affect of causing her to fall. Flailing several moments, she managed to pull them back out and flutter back to a comfortable hoover.

She couldn't look too mad, she had a name now. "Nice to meet you Ela!" The first new name she had ever heard, this was exciting!

The question brought a shrug, "I never know where I am, Momma went hiding and I was walking with Grannie." Looking towards the trees, she took that they were still there to mean her Grannie was still there watching not registering that the trees might be real-real too.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:17 pm
Old? Not old?

The tall things were automatically old! That was what made them tall! At that, Elarinya shook her head, remarking, "Old and tall are the same thing!" This was stated like a plain, obvious fact. This was, admittedly, probably because all of the "tall things" she had ever met were the same as the "old things" she had met. It was only reasonable to come to the conclusion that they were actually one and the same...

Elarinya blinked and watched as the young girl began to fall, not moving to help her out or anything. In fact, this seemed to interest her. She moved in a bit closer to watch the young girl attempt to bring herself back to a levitating state, watching how the odd wings worked. They looked like hers, but they did not seem to work quite like hers.

But then, hers were quite different too!

She fluttered her wings as she spun around, her energetic pace quite literally dizzying for some. "Nice to meet you too!" Elarinya seemed rather happy about that, even if she was questioning in her head.

Including the questioning of how someone could just be here. That seemed to be happening a lot lately... Were they doing a bad job?

"Is Grannie in the trees?"

Seiana_ZI

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:32 pm
Frowning, Alma didn't like that idea. Grannie would be unhappy and Mommy would be mad if she was called old. Looking to the trees, she expected to see a scary monster coming out or a wild fire. There was nothing, that was odd.

With all the fluttering, Alma concentrated and tried to keep up with her new friend though she was noticeably slower. Getting to giggle, she was starting to see this as game of sorts.

Brought back to 'reality' she looked to the trees and said, "Grannie is everywhere, she hides her self but she is always there." Where exactly she didn't know, as evident by her looking in every direction of the forest hoping to catch sight but there was no luck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 1:03 pm
She must have been looking for Grannie in the trees...

Was Grannie a mean thing? She sounded it, with the hating being called old thing. All tall things were old, that was a fact of their lives! Plus there was all that illusion stuff she kept talking about... She squinted her eyes at the trees, attempting to search out the things that Alma couldn't see. It made her stop her circling for a moment, though now she was flying back and forth, attempting to find ... something.

Alma seemed amused. .. did she see her Grannie then?

Well, she was looking around a lot. Maybe she didn't.

"If she's always there, where is she now?"

Seiana_ZI

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out