Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:05 pm
User Image

The family that took her in was fantastic. She loved them dearly as if they were her own family. Still, Menolly worried for the family she left behind. With great courage, the angel flew from the floating city she was calling home to return to the one place she still remembered and could find; Tuatha'ri Lake. Having searched the beach by air, she changed course and headed for the tree line of the least scary area; Ithyl Forest.

She had never truly forgotten her first love, Wolfwood, and remembered that he lived in a tree house. What she had forgotten is where. Without the HQ for a reference point, she didn't know where to even start looking. All she could remember was trees. With the lake at her back she started into the Ithyl Forest with her eyes cast up not watching where she was going.

Flying just off the ground, there was no danger of tripping. Her lack of grace she was trying to be careful.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:52 pm
User Image

Sparrow was picking some excess strands of muscle from her teeth, having just finished consuming her lunch. Life on her own, here in the forest, was actually rather relaxing. There weren't any bastardized children, no false mothers or silly rules. Only the sounds of the wildlife, the sights of the light through the leaves, the taste of her kill's blood against her tongue.

It was nice to be alone. Kind of. A bit.

Actually, it was rather lonely, very lonely in fact. She hated the loneliness; that was why she had left her mother's house to begin with and had refused to come back. Doing so, however, had simply isolated her further.

It was not the intention, but it was the result, and she had to live with it.

Some noises below caught her attention, causing her to lean forward. Pae didn't come to hr forest, not usually, so who was...?

Daisicle

Aged Genius

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:00 pm
Menolly had no sense of being watched, not a clue there was anyone else about. Attention focused on her task, she blithely continued hunting for something familiar.

Coming to a stop not much further, the angel inspected the large tree. First she looked at it, flying around its base three times. When that didn't get the result she was obviously looking for, she started knocking on the tree and frowning.

As of yet she wasn't giving up accosting the tree, so she knocked again and started flying up on even wing beats.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:24 pm
While Sparrow should have been delighted at the chance of some company, instead the first thoughts to come to mind were those of apprehension. Was this other, normal pae here to drive her away, looking to find the 'beast' in the forest? She wouldn't have it!

Growling and gliding down to the ground, her wings flared up behind her as she aggressively addressed the girl. "What do you want?!"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:34 pm
On first instinct, she whirled around at hearing the voice. The tone didn't register as she smiled brightly and called out delighted, "I am so glad to see you!" Turning she started for the voice ready to greet her like a long lost friend.

Gold eyes shining she flew towards the unfamiliar completely missing the show of aggression. With her arms opened wide, she had every intent to give Sparrow a big hug, "I have missed you!" She trilled again just too excited to contain herself. As the same, she was too excited to truly take in that the being she was trying to hug was not an angel, was not in fact, anything she had ever seen in her life.

What she did have was a huge smile, a lot of joy, and a hug begging to be given.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:48 pm
This was... unexpected.

Sparrow blinked and almost lost her footing as she was embraced by this angel. Had they met? No... She was certain that this was someone unknown, so why was she being hugged? Was this some sort of roundabout attack? A means to take her off guard?

There was also the little chick in her, though, that so deeply wanted to accept this embrace. She was crying, begging.

Instead, the bird clenched her fists and pulled back some, her tone coming out as awkward and hesitant, but still a bit harsh. "Do I know you?! Why are you hugging me?"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:57 pm
The tone escaped her, but the pulling back did not. Frowning she tilted her head at the question offered like that was the most bazaar question ever. "Not yet, " she explained as if talking about the most logical thing ever. The moment of calm was lost and she bounced up and down on the balls of her feet, "But I am so excited to meet you!" Now finally taking in just what she was looking at, her bouncing started to go on slow motion.

With her head still titled, she looked at everything that didn't make sense. From the very sharp looking nails to the feet like she had never seen before. It was her turn to look baffled. Utterly confused she asked innocently, "What are you?" There was no show of malice in her expression. As a finger touched her chin, she was the picture of childlike curiosity.

Trying to figure out the puzzle she started to come up with an answer, "Are you a bird shifter?" Her dad could shift into animals, maybe she could shift into birds? Then she ended back to bouncing and smiling, "You are very pretty! I love the blue!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:43 pm
Was this angel seriously hugging a complete stranger for no reason? Had she no sense of apprehension about others, or distrust or... anything? How could she believe so earnestly that Sparrow was not about to harm her? It was completely baffling. Unnerving even.

She raised a hand slowly to pat the angel on the back, as if she were trying to calm a child excited for a trip. "Uh... nice to meet you... then...?" The malice was entirely gone from her voice at this point. This pae appeared to be friendly enough, if a bit naive.

The smile that had begun to form on her lips all but disappeared into a disappointed pout as she felt herself be looked over. So it had been too soon to assume the best of this one, hadn't it? She was different, she always would be. Such a shame that the others couldn't see past the small differences they held and acknowledge the strengths she possessed.

It was the innocence in her tone which stung the most.

Being treated as a monster was easier, more natural, than being treated as some foreign creature. Taking a step back and pushing the angel away, the bird recreated the distance that had been present between them at the beginning. "I have no magic. None." The apprehension in her tone had returned as she looked to the angel warily.

Was this really an adult? Sure, her stature and her nicely-developed breasts suggested this, but the mannerisms certainly did not. "There is no use in asking me what I am; not a pae on this island appears to know. Not even the chieftain of the tree, nor the Guardians your kind worships." There was a slight pause before she added more softly, "Or, there was none last I looked for answers."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:09 am
Delighted in the hug, the angel was content to just there for a while. She had a new friend after all, a wonderful discovery. Her smile fell when she was pushed away. Tilting her head she not got the idea that what she said wasn't the right thing to say. Frowning her head stayed tilted as she listened to her new friend.

The no power thing she could relate to very well. Looking not at Sparrow but in the distance like she was looking at something incredibly sad, "I used to have magic, I lost in the stone room." The sensation was funny. What magic she had before drove her to be near another pea like a fish was driven to be in water. Without that sense of emptiness, the drive wasn't as strong. Instead she felt like she was missing something rather than being empty.

As she continued to listen, most of of the words didn't make much sense. At one point she even asked, "Chieftain of the tree?" Looking around at the trees that surrounded them she added puzzled, "which tree?" Had she knocked on some one's special home?

She had a simple answer to what Sparrow was, "I know what you are, an amazing new friend with the prettiest feathers! I'll bet your are faster than I am." She flapped her own wings, they were smaller than Sparrow's and with the avian features, she was sure there was bird in her.

Maybe a sense of some sort of manners came in because she suddenly popped her head up and looked at Sparrow with a smile. Cheerfully she trilled, "I am Menolly, what is your name?" She couldn't really be friends if she didn't know her name, now that she knew was rude.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:02 am
Frowning in turn with the angel, Sparrow tilted her head curiously. "You... lost your magic? How is that possible?" As bad as it was not having any, it must surely be worse to have had it taken away. That brought a slight comfort to her.

This frown turned into one of a fair amount of confusion. "Yes... Cheiftan of the tree... Of the faun...? In the Great Tree... Rais...? You haven't heard of him? I thought even the angels would have at least some knowledge of such an important figure." Not that she could honestly say she knew anything about their own figureheads or culture; Crystal hadn't gone too far into details and only spoke of their Guardians. As nice as that was for theology, it left out most everything else.

She blinked, her head tilting. Was this angel really so silly? "An amazing friend with pretty feathers... huh?" she mused out loud, laughing lightly to herself. Well, it was better than being an enemy with pretty feathers, wasn't it? Looking back to her wings, she flapped them once before shrugging and returning her eyes to the angel. "Yeah, I am." There was no maybe in that; the bird always considered herself the fastest thing around.

Laughing again, she replied, "I'm Sparrow."

Daisicle

Aged Genius

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:41 pm
Menolly nodded her head and remarked sadly, "One moment I was walking around the next there was darkness. I woke up again in a room filled with stone statues that look like pae. I don't remember a lot from before. When I woke up, the magic was gone" There were flashes well enough but she couldn't even find her way home! Even worse,she couldn't remember what her own mother looked like anymore.

Drawn out of her sadness, she turned into confusion. Blinking several times she finally asked, "What is a faun? You mean a baby deer?" She tried to picture what a bunch of baby deer were doing in front of a tree or why they would have a cheiftan. "I remember angels, demons, fae and nymphs, thats all that was around, not organized baby deer." It sounded like the world had changed more than she had thought.

Worry smoothed away, her new friend would eventually make sense, she seemed to know a lot. As the other laughed, she joined in with a soft giggle of her own giving a thumbs up when her description was spoken back to her.

Watching the wings flap, she could see some similarities but a fair bit of differences.

Grinning she says, "It is great to meet you, Sparrow!" That she probably said a few times but it could never be overstated!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:50 pm
Raising her hands to dismiss the notion of baby deer, Sparrow shook her head. "Oh, no, they're not animals. They're faun. Pae. Like you and me." Pausing, she looked up as she tried to think of her childhood memories of her mother, of Lust, even of Spitfire, along with the more recent ones of her adventures with Wild Moon to remember the appearance. "They're like... smaller than me with hooves for feet and no wings. Well, some of them have wings. Their tails can be really small or pretty long." Pointing to her forehead, she continued, "Some have horns, like my mom did," and moving to motion to the sides of her head, "and others have antlers. With leaves on it."

"It's pretty strange actually, if you think about it. I wouldn't want to have something growing out of my head. No way in hell!" As for those other species... well... the bird was at least somewhat aquainted with them. However... there was something... off... missing...

"What about the naiad?"

Daisicle

Aged Genius

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:07 pm
Menolly listened intently as it was explained to her. The mention of the hooves for feet she looked at her own. Raising her leg at the knee, she looked at her foot and wiggled it a moment. She couldn't begin to imagine not having feet. How odd it must be to walk around with hooves.

Mention of wings, she flapped her own. She had never seen a pae without wings. That was really startling and earned several blinks. Sparrow had feathers, that must be like a tail. Turning her head as best she could, she made sure she did not have a tail. Not before today had she seen a pea with a tail.

Horns?! Menolly put her hands on top of her head no trying to picture that. "I wouldn't want anything growing out of my head either!" This was discounting the halo perched floating above her head, it wasn't growing out of it.

Shaking her head she informed Sparrow, "I don't know what a Naiad is and I know I have never seen a faun. I don't think they were around last I was here." All sorts of new wonders had appeared, she wanted to see them all!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:15 pm
Sparrow was rather confused at how little this angel seemed to know. At least Crystal had known the terms, if not what they actually were by association. This girl seemed really, truly clueless. How was that even possible to not have any recollection of not just one, but two groups of pae?

It was a bit ridiculous.

"A naiad lives in the water. They are covered with scales, have gills, and tails like a fish. The tail replaces their legs, but they can change them into legs if they come out of the water. They're a little creepy, in my opinion, but my adoptive father was one." There was a momentary warm smile on her lips as she thought back to him and her childhood, but she knew that he would likely never make contact with her ever again.

A pause of silence filled the air as she stopped to think about things. "So.. you fall asleep with powers and no faun and naiad around and wake up without them and these new pae? Is that how it happened?" How strange.

EvilSilverDragon

Daisicle

Aged Genius

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:41 am
Menolly listened with rapt attention to what she was being told. Her eyes widened as she reacted in wonder. In her mind she was picturing a regular pae with a tail and fins everywhere. The picture turned more into a Siamese fighting fish then anything more accurate. These she would have to find as well. Wiggling her wings she smiled brightly excited about the prospect of finding the new groups and meeting them.

Sy and her family should know where they were as well and the trip would be fun!

Remembering what happened caused the smile to fade a bit and become contemplative, "It wasn't so much falling asleep, I was and then I wasn't. I don't know how it happened but it happened to me before. Almost like you are standing in the sunshine then a dark cloud comes, next you see again the world is completely different." By reflex she wrapped her arms around her middle hugging herself. The idea of that just happening again was frightening. Once might have been an accident but twice was a sign it could really happen again.

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff