Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dragon Age : A Real Fans Guild

Back to Guilds

A dragon age guild. Game focused. A rp forum is available though. 

Tags: Dragon, Dragon age origins, Bioware, Grey Warden, Dragon age 2 

Reply Dragon Age: Inquisition
Early X-mas gift from Mark Darrah Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:21 pm
Well we have all been chewing anxiously at our fingernails as we await updates on Inquisition...Well girls and guys stop chewing right meow and enjoy!

http://blog.bioware.com/2013/12/19/mark-darrah-an-update-on-dragon-age-inquisition/  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 7:09 pm
Excuse me a moment while I scream like the pathetic fanboy I am, from the customizable qunari face screenshot I think we may be able to play as a Qunari!

....AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!! YES!!!  

Kusugari
Crew

6,975 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Sunegami

Playful Nerd

22,040 Points
  • Pizza Party Attendee 500
  • 1000 High Score 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:44 pm
It was confirmed a while ago that Qunari are a playable race. It's really exciting! :D

(Although I think they've said that technically it'll be Tal-Vashoth.)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:43 am
Them tree is what's turning me on xD

Idk I'm kinda iffy on the Kossith facial structure and the shape of their eyes. I also am not a fan of Kossith so mind me while I fangirl over those awesome looking trees lol.  

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250

ButterFlyCross89

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:39 am
Ok first the male face for the qunari model Meh!/ewww in my opinion, the face paint looks interesting but will look better when we can change the color. The helmet looks cool.The scenery screen shots look amazing and puts skyrim to shame so far! The armor they show looks pretty awesome too, and from the looks of it one screen shot shows what our mages will be wearing.. I think, that's my opinion anyway. if that is the style there going for that would be nice, even though I love what the mages have worn so far, its nice to see the dress like robes put to the side a bit. It will make it easier to make an androgynous look mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:40 pm
AWESOME!
I'm impressed...
I am beginning to have a feeling they will ditch the 360 and PS3 tho...or that the version will be very...uncomplete...
But wow, just wow!  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:25 pm
LaLuneNoire
AWESOME!
I'm impressed...
I am beginning to have a feeling they will ditch the 360 and PS3 tho...or that the version will be very...uncomplete...
But wow, just wow!
The only reason why I say they won't is a lot of people on the Fb page have been asking and the Bioware team or whoever runs the FB page continuously tell them that yes it will be released on all platforms/consoles whatever you wish to call them lol. And they have said during a couple interviews that the only difference between ps3 and ps4 is the amount of people in said city or area and detailing won't be as gorgeous as it could be on the ps4. Same of 360 and One.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:38 pm
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
AWESOME!
I'm impressed...
But wow, just wow!
The only reason why I say they won't is a lot of people on the Fb page have been asking and the Bioware team or whoever runs the FB page continuously tell them that yes it will be released on all platforms/consoles whatever you wish to call them lol. And they have said during a couple interviews that the only difference between ps3 and ps4 is the amount of people in said city or area and detailing won't be as gorgeous as it could be on the ps4. Same of 360 and One.

I know all that...But there is also a lot of pressure coming from people with high end gaming pc (LIKEM E!) who are sick of their games being watered down for old consoles...also people who bought the new consoles...so one way or another, there will be losers...I seriously hope the PC gets the max out of it tho...  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:21 pm
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
AWESOME!
I'm impressed...
But wow, just wow!

I know all that...But there is also a lot of pressure coming from people with high end gaming pc (LIKEM E!) who are sick of their games being watered down for old consoles...also people who bought the new consoles...so one way or another, there will be losers...I seriously hope the PC gets the max out of it tho...
I don't know if it's just my Pc or what but my DA2 looks a million times better on my 90's T.V compared to my 11' Hd Pc screen.
I really don't see a difference in graphics between the two (systems Pc V.S. Console) assuming all the pictures from the Wiki are from Pc gamers uploading them and youtube videos are uploaded from Pc gamers.

As much as I love high end graphics the story being told is the most important part to me,but better graphic's don't hurt.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:23 pm
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
AWESOME!
I'm impressed...
But wow, just wow!

I don't know if it's just my Pc or what but my DA2 looks a million times better on my 90's T.V compared to my 11' Hd Pc screen.
I really don't see a difference in graphics between the two (systems Pc V.S. Console) assuming all the pictures from the Wiki are from Pc gamers uploading them and youtube videos are uploaded from Pc gamers.

As much as I love high end graphics the story being told is the most important part to me,but better graphic's don't hurt.

Oh I agree totally in thestory vs graphic side...
But let's take a game like Bioshock infinite for instance...
The graphic and the art style told a story in itself...and as "nice" as it looked on the 360, on PC (with the ability to max everything) the details told even more of a story...
That is simply what I mean...
Graphics that tells a story....the better the graphics, the more the artistic side, when well done, can come out...(That applies to 2D also, just check dragon,s crown for instance)  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:33 pm
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
AWESOME!
I'm impressed...
But wow, just wow!

The graphic and the art style told a story in itself...and as "nice" as it looked on the 360, on PC (with the ability to max everything) the details told even more of a story...
Graphics that tells a story....the better the graphics, the more the artistic side, when well done, can come out...(That applies to 2D also, just check dragon,s crown for instance)
You also have to that into consideration the lack of effort they put into both of the previous DA games graphic wise so using them as an example doesn't really work lol. I have only played Skyrim and DA on the computer and that's about it and Skyrim looks better on my T.V more than my PC to me personally.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:23 pm
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
AWESOME!
I'm impressed...
But wow, just wow!

You also have to that into consideration the lack of effort they put into both of the previous DA games graphic wise so using them as an example doesn't really work lol. I have only played Skyrim and DA on the computer and that's about it and Skyrim looks better on my T.V more than my PC to me personally.

mmm...well, DA2 can be quite nice looking on a PC...DA:O was made to look retro...
Skyrim...what to say? It looks pretty meh...but still to me there is a good difference between my 360 and my pc version (please let's not talk about the embarassing PS3 version)

Look at more recentgames where the devs said "tohell with consoles they are outdated"...Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock infinite, etc...The "new gen" is, in theory, barely as powerful as my pc...and I'm not to notch...The new gen is more or less a temporary thing since they are in a in between time in the world of HD t.v. 4X are over expensive crap and HHD t.v. are not really here yet but we have seen some and it's gonna look off the hook...3D is shitty...
Consoles are stuck because of this strange gap in the screens technologies...
A bit like the original 360 not having an hdmi out was a huge WTF factor...except this time technology will go further than a set of cable in a small time gasp...  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:15 pm
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire

mmm...well, DA2 can be quite nice looking on a PC...DA:O was made to look retro...
Skyrim...what to say? It looks pretty meh...but still to me there is a good difference between my 360 and my pc version (please let's not talk about the embarassing PS3 version)

Look at more recentgames where the devs said "tohell with consoles they are outdated"...Far Cry 3, Tomb Raider, Bioshock infinite, etc...The "new gen" is, in theory, barely as powerful as my pc...and I'm not to notch...The new gen is more or less a temporary thing since they are in a in between time in the world of HD t.v. 4X are over expensive crap and HHD t.v. are not really here yet but we have seen some and it's gonna look off the hook...3D is shitty...
A bit like the original 360 not having an hdmi out was a huge WTF factor...except this time technology will go further than a set of cable in a small time gasp...
Skyrim looks better on the Ps3 then on the 360 I just got a HDTV for Yule and put Skyrim on both systems since I have it for everything (just like Da - DA:O for PC)

The new gens are suppose to be better then the new computers graphic updates whatever else computer people use to make their comps run games better. I haven't been able to SEE a Ps4 in the stores since they are still catching up from Black Friday (screw living in small towns xD) but I heard the Ps4 was suppose to have a Terabit of memory,but idk if that is actually true.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:15 pm
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire

Skyrim looks better on the Ps3 then on the 360 I just got a HDTV for Yule and put Skyrim on both systems since I have it for everything (just like Da - DA:O for PC)

The new gens are suppose to be better then the new computers graphic updates whatever else computer people use to make their comps run games better. I haven't been able to SEE a Ps4 in the stores since they are still catching up from Black Friday (screw living in small towns xD) but I heard the Ps4 was suppose to have a Terabit of memory,but idk if that is actually true.

Actually even Sony and Bethesda admitted that the ps3 version of Skyrim was a total faillure. No support was given to it later. The engine didn,t run well...it was so pixeled it was pathetic...
Not sure what your t.v. is, here on a LG LED screen 53 inches...
PS4 hardware is here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422

This can be easily made for about 300-500 bucks on a PC...Exact same specs...the boyfriend of a friend of mine did it actually. (He is a computer nerd, what can I say? lol)

Xbox one wild card is it's reliance on the cloud technology...if it gives them more ram, it might be even more powerful than the ps4, even if the hardware is less powerful on paper...
At the end of the day tho, I feel like it will penalize every versions if they split in the middle...  

LaLuneNoire
Vice Captain

Vir Adahlen
Captain

Bloodthirsty Inquisitor

16,650 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:19 pm
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire
Vir Adahlen
LaLuneNoire

Actually even Sony and Bethesda admitted that the ps3 version of Skyrim was a total faillure. No support was given to it later. The engine didn,t run well...it was so pixeled it was pathetic...
Not sure what your t.v. is, here on a LG LED screen 53 inches...
PS4 hardware is here:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422

This can be easily made for about 300-500 bucks on a PC...Exact same specs...the boyfriend of a friend of mine did it actually. (He is a computer nerd, what can I say? lol)

Xbox one wild card is it's reliance on the cloud technology...if it gives them more ram, it might be even more powerful than the ps4, even if the hardware is less powerful on paper...
At the end of the day tho, I feel like it will penalize every versions if they split in the middle...
My old 90's T.v until tonight now it's a simple 32'' RCA HD and skyrim looks better on my ps3 then my 360,but looks like s**t on my computer up until my bf downloaded the color enhancer mod lol.

I'm a all around Microsoft hater They got pissy at Square about FF XIV online and the fact that ps3 players play with PC players on the same servers,but they didn't want their "members" playing with Sony players. Which made my hate for Microsoft so much stronger.
I just saw the link you posted X'D  
Dragon Age: Inquisition

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces