Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meh
  Beh
View Results

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:12 pm
so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

Goddamn ingrown toenail decided to get itself infected and blistery and painful the last week of school. Got antibiotics for the infection and got it dug out a little bit Monday after school, but I have to keep it taped to pull the puffy skin away from the nail and wrapped in gauze. IT IS PAINFUL TO WALK.

Got up and ready to leave the house early to hobble my way to school because it's raining, but I couldn't fit my foot in my rainboots and it was too painful to walk even to the end of the driveway, let alone 25 minutes to school, so I had to ride my bike in the rain. I need to invest in a rain suit if we're seriously going to stay another two years.

But, I only have three classes today so I can spend half the day on my a** working on s**t for after winter break. Thursday and Friday morning, the school has "class match" which basically means the different classes in each grade level go head-to-head in softball, volleyball, and table tennis. If I'm lucky, my boss will give me the okay to spend most of that on my a** instead of walking around to the different games and cheering on my classes. Friday afternoon is the closing ceremony and major cleaning so I'll have to be on my feet for that. Saturday morning I'll be spending my first day of vacation back at the doctor for my toe.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:15 pm
I hope you get better.

Soaking your foot in salt water may help. Soaking your toe in vodka may kill the infection also but that one I'm not sure about.  

Deaux

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:40 pm
Deaux
I hope you get better.

Soaking your foot in salt water may help. Soaking your toe in vodka may kill the infection also but that one I'm not sure about.
Doctor said to rinse it with warm water every morning and every night, rub some of this antibiotic cream on it, wrap it with gauze, and take an antibiotic pill with every meal. The swelling has gone down A LOT since Sunday. I think I just have it wrapped too tightly today.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:31 pm
Soak in Epsom salts. It will pull the swelling out even further. Feel better!  

Arianah

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:51 pm
Arianah
Soak in Epsom salts. It will pull the swelling out even further. Feel better!
Gonna try to get some this weekend. I will say that since the doctor dude dug it out a bit, pus has been draining something fierce. Didn't know my toe could produce that much.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:50 pm
Ewwwww
Owwwwwwww
but yeah, epsom salts should help. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago.

Akky the Terrible

Homosexual Zombie

Tipsy Smoker

7,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:34 am
I've been having a similar issue lately, I'm gonna try some tips from this thread too. So thank you~  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:31 pm
Homosexual Zombie
I've been having a similar issue lately, I'm gonna try some tips from this thread too. So thank you~
The taping has been what kept mine from getting infected for a few weeks. Then I ran out of medical tape. This has a good explanation of how to tape your toe.  

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

chinotenshi

Tipsy Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:32 pm
Toe is a lot better this morning. I think yesterday's pain was due to having it wrapped too tightly and the pressure of my shoes.

This morning, the gauze was barely stuck to the icky skin and barely hurt to take off! Didn't feel like I was ripping everything off. biggrin  
The Literate Spam Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games