Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
[PRP] You'll Always Be My Coffeeship (Gene + Mot) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:14 pm
Mot was scared stiff. He'd over thought and over prepared and was overly nervous about this whole thing. But he needed to tell her the truth. It would be cruel to lead her on. He knew that.

Mot drew in a deep breath, the electric scent of the ghost dorms overwhelming his Ghost Sense abilities. It made it worse. His innate ability made him hyper aware of where everyone was inside the building.

Including Gene, within her dorm room.

Mot clutched tightly the coffee he'd brought for her, as well as a hand knit mug cozy with his own embroidered design made just for her to ease his guilt. With another sharp breath in, he knocked on the door.

"Gene? It's Mot." He called, waiting for her. "I'd like to talk with you, if you are not too busy." His reaper heart beat painfully in his chest, his nerves making it run overtime much too quick.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:44 pm
Gene was thumbing through a morning paper, one of her many minipets laying in her lap and a warm soup simmering on the stove. She'd been working a longer shift at the little corner side bistro lately, earning a few tips along the way. She had to start work again; Shifting Blossoms wasn't opening any time soon and they needed a nest egg. Bloodbucks was beneath her now, and this provided some time away from the school and all it's craziness - though that also meant less of Mot.

She hadn't seen the boil for a while, actually. He'd holed himself up again, something she never would understand. She shrugged it off, knowing he'd come out.

And come out he did. Putting the paper down and sending the minipet scurrying off to her bed, the ghoul opened the door, beaming at the boil. "Of course, screechie. What's up?"

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Ah! There she was. All smiles and everything. He'd been avoiding the world, and her, in his quest to either find himself or hide from himself. He offered her a warm smile, offering the gift right away. But he kept Hel's advice in the forefront of his mind. Rip off the bandaid.

"For you! I'd been avoiding the world and you for too long and I just..." Ah, but he was rambling again. He chuckled nervously, the knit and embroidered mug cozie sitting neatly over a fresh cup of coffee. Likely she had her own already but, why not?

"Ah, I'm sorry. I have something I need to tell to you, and I---" Rambling again. Mot bit his lip, pressing out the crinkles in his poncho. "Right... Gene? I cherish you as my friend. Greatly. However... I fear that my feelings for you are not the same as the ones you hold for me.." Perhaps that would set the tone for what he was getting at, without being blunt. he hated being blunt. Too final, too strong. He needed to do this for Gene. No... not just her. For himself too. Thinking of his own needs was much too often overlooked in favour of others.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:26 pm
Taking the gift with a big grin and kissing the boil on the cheek, Gene led Mot into the room for the rest of his little ramble. He always did that, she thought with a little smirk. Always rambling and talking - but it was cute. She drank from the coffee cup and tasted one of her blends. Again, a smile spread across her pale face, serene happiness gracing her figure.

She sat down to her seat as he began talking again, quirking an eyebrow at the stammering and the nerves he was displaying. Mot was usually so calm, so collected and easy going in conversation. What could be wrong with the boil?

Oh. That was what was wrong with him. Her smile dropped immediately, gaze going to the mug cozy and lower lip under her teeth. They had been distant for a while, this much was true, and...

She sighed lightly, turning the cup in her hands as a coping mechanism. Pondering on her word choice for the sweet boil across from her would take some time, some pensive sips at the bitter drink in front of her. A small hum arose in the back of her throat, and the ghoul's face seemed to age a few years.

"Oh." She hummed, looking up into clay colored eyes. "So, you don't want to be a couple any longer?" Her voice was a little shaky, but not full of tears. Heartache wasn't new to the ghoul. "Is there any particular reason?"

She wouldn't fight, but she had a right to know this much at least.

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:08 pm
Mot felt horrible. Such a cute, vibrant and sweet ghoul was smiling and happy one moment, and then reduced to this.. So sad, distant.

"No.." He answered her first question, kneeling down a foot or so in front of her. He wished not to leave her feeling alone, but kept a distance out of respect.

"Nothing is wrong with you, if that's what you mean. I've felt love before. What I feel for you is... not." His voice softened, his long fingers wringing together. "I enjoyed being with you. Doting on you. Dating a ghoul who allowed me to dote. I never felt my integrity or... masculinity, challenged." Like with Hel, bless her soul.

"But ultimately, how I feel for you is friendship. A bond. I can talk to you easily. We share similar interests. But the fire that love is.. is not there." He bit his lip, pausing a moment to let her take it in. "Gene.. I want nothing more than for you to be happy. I was so flattered by your confession, so delighted and touched you cared for me. That love you showed, I want so much for you to find someone who gives it back tenfold."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:07 pm
Gene kept eye contact with Mot during his entire speech, mouth a soft line and skin remaining the same neutral blue it had been before Mot arrived. He didn't feel a love for her like she did him... but, she had to acknowledge, that was okay. She couldn't change Mot's feelings for her, couldn't convince him that he was wrong. The boil knew his feelings more than anyone else in Halloween, and he was acting on them.

"I think I understand, Mot." She finally said, putting the coffee on the table and beckoning him to come closer with a finger, so that she could graze his face with the backside of her hand like a mother. Strange, she thought, how she could be so fluid about this entire ordeal; maybe it was due to her existence as a ghost. "You really are growing, you know? First you started going for you goals, and now look - you're being bold and speaking for yourself." A pouting smile painted her face as she removed her hand, returning it to her lap.

"And thanks, I want you to be happy too. So if this is what makes you happy, then so be it. We had a good time, at least."

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 6:53 pm
Mot shifted closer, surprised to feel the cool hand graze his face. It was comforting, and he realized then that his skin had been flustered from being so nervous earlier. Her words made him smile softly. A sad smile, as even though Gene was taking this so well, it was still sad to see something end.

But it was a new beginning.

"A wonderful time. And many more to come. Just.. as friends." His smile warmed. "I know of no one else who can be my coffee companion."  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:56 pm
"Friends. Just like before, hm?" She gave a very small chuckle, patting Mot's cheek. "And you're right - no one appreciates coffee like we do." She took a sip of said beverage, just to make the point clear.

"So, when did you start knitting? While you were hiding from the world?"

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:51 pm
Mot chuckled bashfully, scratching his cheek and giving Gene a small smile. "Yes. I learned and honed a good handful of skills while I hid myself away. Knitting a little. Embroidery, and a lot of wood crafting."

"On the other side of it, I seem to have lost touch with the world. Everyone is graduating and I've fallen behind." He gave a laugh. "Ooops! Seems I need to get myself to class a lot more often."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:23 pm
"Ah, quite the talented boil. I've been... well, waitressing and camping. I'm still trying to build up a nest egg for the cafe and all, so that's put me a bit behind with graduation, too..." Gene rolled her shoulders, ending with them sagged and a heavy sigh fell from her chest. Danny and Rikki were already about to graduate. Amphi was close to it too. Her friends were slowly leaving her, moving on with their lives.

She'd get there too, eventually. "We'll get there Mot. With the help of a lot of coffee, hm?

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:34 pm
Mot laughed jovially, feeling less alone now that Gene was right alongside him on the 'far away from graduating' race. "LOT'S of coffee. Are you up for some all nighters, Gene?"  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:46 pm
Gene giggled a bit, waving a hand at his silly question. "Of course I am. I don't need to sleep, remember?" A sip of coffee as she used the other hand to display her ghostly figure, an unspoked "no duh" to the boil.

"You, on the other hand? Future boogeymen need to sleep." A motherly tone returned to her voice as the gentle scolding began yet again.

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 6:56 pm
His chuckle turned a bit sheepish, "Ah, I am being scolded." The baggy eyes were a permanent sign of his disregard for regular sleeping habits. In fact, he'd let them go terribly in the passing months; completely buried in his hobbies.

But she was right. As a reaper, he really did require more sleep in order to properly execute his Fear abilities. Many friends tried to make him eat, but very few tried to get him into a proper sleep pattern. "I will try and make an honest effort. Maybe I should create a daily schedule to adhere to."

"If you and Xiu ever need help getting that shop of yours going, be sure to give me a call. I'm so proud of you both for working so hard for this goal."  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 7:20 pm
"Schedules do seem to work for you." Gene agreed, grinning at the Reaper. At least he wasn't so stubborn as not to listen to reason. Jack, he'd make some ghoul really lucky one day. Try to get at least seven hours."

"Don't worry yourself there, Mot. Xiu and I have no clue how to carve wood or do half the things you probably do. You'll be our first call."

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:09 pm
"Seven!?" He choked out. "That's over double what I usually get!" How was he going to manage such a number?

Mot chuckled and rubbed his nose. "Ah, truth. I'll always come with any and all wood related jobs."

Carhop Cavalier

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces