Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 2:23 am
User Image
The princess quietly walked to her friend's alcove, eyes downcast, almost hallow. It had been her decision, her resolve, to go through with the action of having that soul-bond disconnected. It had seemed so simple at the time. Nobody could have prepared her for the empty feeling that seemed to linger in her chest afterwards, the coldness and the loneliness.

Though, who could have known it would feel like this?

As far as the princess was aware, faun marriages were few and in between, divorces even more so. One between a faun and an angel? Unthinkable.

Knocking lightly on the door, Celestia waited to be called in before walking in. While it was not as dramatic of a distress as when she had come in after the vision, she was still clearly not herself. Even so, she needed to finally put an end to this mess once and for all and admit it to the chieftain and her sister.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:34 pm
User Image

Having just lit some incense to fill the room with the calming scent of lavender, Vanya paused, her ear flicking towards the door at the soft, knocking noise. Visitors? She wasn't expecting anyone this afternoon; however, as it was her duty as an adviser of sorts, she had learned to expect calls at any time of day. Only her hooves tapped lightly over the floor as she crossed the room; she did not need her staff to navigate her own quarters within the Tree.

She opened the door, reading the aura on the other side before pausing, puzzled. "...Celestia?" She frowned, focusing on her friend. Their last conversation had not exactly been the most uneventful. In fact, she'd been a bit worried when she'd heard little from her for a while afterwards. The Seer had sent a few calming draughts her way, to help her sleep, but they had not really talked in the meanwhile. Having her visit now was both a relief...and a concern. Reaching out, she beckoned her friend inside with a reassuring smile. "Please, come in, come in. Make yourself at home, of course," she gestured behind her towards the sitting chairs near the entry way.

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:34 pm
Celestia smiled lightly, raising a hand in tune to gesture a hello to her friend. Thinking about it, this was the first time since that horrible dream she had visited, and for a moment she felt a tinge of embarrassment at her behavior. Honestly, though, who could have blamed her for needing some time to herself after such a night?

Well, she supposed they could, but they shouldn't. It was quite the shock after all!

There was also that whole mess about the marriage and going about actually ending it. She had hoped to talk with Aquos first, to give her sympathies to him and little Skyla, but the princess hadn't the heart to shatter his dream like that. Perhaps, though, what she had done was far worse if he could feel the emptiness as she did, but had no knowledge of its meaning.

Surely he would come to realize it within some number of weeks when she did not speak with him. He would know that she had done what she had said needed to be done from the beginning, know it was finished at last. He might even find it in his heart to forgive her for being so naive.

"Oh, thank you. I shall certainly do just that." Looking around as she walked in, the princess noticed how much calmer everything seemed to be. That was probably due to the outstanding circumstances, though, than any change in here. After waiting for a moment for Vanya to join her, Celestia took a seat in one of the chairs and placed her hands together on her lap. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath before opening them and letting the air slowly escape from her lips.

"It is done."

Teigra

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:22 pm
Spirits only knew why she had selected the lavender incense. She had thought perhaps she'd have a relaxing, quiet afternoon to herself. Perhaps, it seemed, the spirits had had other things in mind more appropriate. The soothing scent wafted through the air as Vanya shut the door to follow after her friend.

She wanted to ask how she was faring, how she'd been as of late, if she was still having trouble sleeping...but she held her tongue. It was her role as an counselor as well as a friend to keep her silence until the other was ready to speak. Afterall, Celestia had come to her; she would speak when she was ready. Until then, it was Vanya's job to be welcoming and open to hear whatever it was the other wished to share.

The Seer couldn't help but note a sort of...dullness to the colors of her friend's aura. The colors seemed almost faded, as well as cool in hue, which caused her a bit of concern. This wasn't the only difference, however. Something else was prodding at the back of her mind, something else noticed, but waiting to be identified, if she could only put her finger on it...

"It is done."

With those three words, she realized what was missing from her Sight. The golden thread.

She was suddenly very self-conscious of the white blossom adorning her hair. Of course, she was not ashamed...yet, some part of her prayed to the spirits that it may not be noticed by her friend just now, who did not seem to be in the right mindset for such happy news.

Instead of taking her own seat, she stepped quietly towards Celestia's with no sign of hesitation before leaning in to embrace her. There were few words appropriate for such a revelation, especially with the damage done that was visible only to her Sight. She could only offer comfort, as she could not share in understanding, not as she had the vision delivered by the spirits.

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:30 pm
The princess's eyes remained closed as she let her words hang in the air, the tone seeming to resonate in her ears far past when they should have stopped. It was likely due to her repeating it internally, reminding herself. It was done. It is done.

It can never be undone.

What was that scent in the air? Lavender? The princess had never been particularly fond of the tea its flowers produced, preferring instead chamomile or jasmine for similar effects. As an incense, however, it was really quite pleasant and did a wonder to calm her emotions. It was taking all of her control to keep them from physically revealing themselves, even if it meant nothing in front of her friend.

Her eyes opened as she felt the warmth of Vanya against her. She bit her lip, hesitating just a moment before she raised her arms to return the embrace. As she gripped, she felt her fingers and lip tremble as she tried and failed to hold back her tears. Speaking in a tone barely above a whisper, the princess cracked out, "I am filled with such an emptiness... Here... in my chest... I felt no love greater than that for a friend, yet without the bond I feel nothing."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:33 pm
Vanya stroked her friend's hair, as one might when comforting a child, woken in the middle of the night from bad dreams. She gently coaxed her to rest her head on her shoulder, both for physical as well as emotional support. A literal shoulder to cry on.

She could feel a slight trembling in Celestia's grasp and when she whispered, the Seer replied with a soothing shush-noise, resting her cheek against the other's hair. "It's alright...let it out..." she murmured, giving her friend time to free what she needed, be it words or tears, before she said anything.

Only when she began to quiet and calm did the Seer's soft voice reply. "I will not pretend to know what you are going though; I can only imagine. But while I cannot offer any wisdom from experience, I can offer my friendship. Anything I can do, you need only ask and I will give." She started to pull back, but only enough that if she could see, they would be looking at one another, her hands still on the other's shoulders. "I fear that you must feel very alone right now. But, you must not. Despite what you may feel in here right now," she said, one hand shifting down to the princess' collarbone, towards her heart, where the golden thread had formerly existed, "you must remember this: You are never alone, Celestia. You have your family, your friends," she paused with a slight smile and an inclination of her head, "and all the faun of Laisidhiel to support you. No one is ever alone who calls the Great Tree home."

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:03 pm
The emotional outburst was relatively short-lived, circumstances considered, and the princess quieted down within a couple of minutes. She removed a hand from the embrace to wipe off her face, reddened and wet from the tears. First the vision, then the recurring nightmares, and now this... emptiness...

She was tired.

But she did not wish to worry her friend any further, so she pushed such troubles out of her mind, focusing instead on the words that were being spoken. Physically, the seer was right. Anywhere she looked, if she looked, there would be someone for her to see and to share company with.

Without someone who understood the situation, never mind someone whom might understand the feeling... Emotionally, she was becoming rather distant.

Not that this was new. As a princess, one had to keep themselves physically present and emotionally open for their subjects to trust in and confide in, but personal emotions were meant to be hidden, distant. To share them would simply make others feel less secure.

"Yes... Yes it is..." She said softly, her eyes closing. Part of her did not want to look at Vanya right now, out of shame for her behavior and out of embarrassment. The other part of her wanted to just continue with her actions until the entire scab was ripped off and the wound could actually begin to heal. "I suppose I must explain the situation to Rais now, is that right?" It made her wary to think of how he might react, considering it was all kept hidden from him until the problems were finished, particularly by one of his council.

It still had it be done, however.

Teigra

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:13 am
Celestia was not the only one wary of how Rais might react to the news. Especially with all the upsetting events as of late. However...

Vanya nodded, pulling up a seat to sit close to Celestia and keep contact between them, even if it was only her hand on the other's shoulder. "I believe this is for the best, yes. I will not deny, this will need to be handled delicately. But, it is best that the Chief hear of this from you, rather from another source, as he is sure to eventually." Spirits only knew why Laisidhiel herself hadn't told him directly...unless the Tree also shared Vanya's views on the situation. She liked to think that was true. "Honesty is a trait highly valued by our Chief, paramount with loyalty and trust. Do not fear; I will be with you. I would never abandon you. If there are any issues with the delay in coming forth, I'll take responsibility as I had advised you as such."

Perhaps she was taking a risk herself in doing so...she could only hope that the Chief would understand her reasoning for doing so and respect her position as a counselor to their people. Now was the time to test whether the Chieftain had truly grown to respect her for her work...or merely accepted her presence. The mild churning in her gut hoped it was the former.

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:52 pm
The physical touch Vanya kept between them was reassuring. With so much going on, much more than the princess would like to disclose at any given time, it was a wonder she had not lost her sanity. Yet. Were this on its own, it would have remained a problem, would it would not have felt so... difficult.

She lifted a hand up to rest on her friends', her eyes looking sadly over to her. "I wish you no negative consequences as a result of my action. Had I searched for an answer sooner..." she grew quiet, shaking her head. "...it serves no purpose to think of the what-ifs, though, does it?" Another pause. "I... think I would like to request a few days to grow more accustomed to this feeling before speaking with the Chieftain. Is an appointment of sorts necessary to request an audience with him?" Hopefully he would not grow too angered by the manner of the situation and would instead sympathize with the princess.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:27 pm
Vanya smiled gently, taking the other's hand in her own and giving it a reassuring squeeze. "I appreciate your concern on my behalf, but please, do not worry. If nothing else, my silence was my choice and I will answer for it. I do have my reasons for what I have done." As long as the Chief was open to logic at least, she thought to herself. That was why this would have to be done carefully.

"There is no rush." Well, that's wasn't completely true. The sooner this was done, the better. They couldn't wait forever. But, a few days more wouldn't hurt. "Fortunately, the Chief hasn't been overly busy lately with appointments. While it's not necessary, I can arrange something just so that we won't be disturbed," Vanya offered kindly. "Just leave it to me and I'll take care of it. Just let me know when you're ready."

She fell silent for a moment, focusing on her friend. "Celestia?" she asked finally. "Is there anything else I can do for you? Anything?"

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:03 pm
That was nice that they had at least enough time to wait a few more days. The process had been difficult, the aftermath was difficult, and, while waiting was more difficult, the princess was unsure if she could handle it at the moment. Hopefully, it would go well. It killed her to have had to keep it all a secret from everyone, from the chieftain, from her family. The sooner it was out, the better.

With any luck, there would be no hard feelings from having kept it a secret.

There was nothing she could do, anyways, to change how the situation had been handled. Looking instead to Vanya, she shook her head. There were certainly things lingering on her mind from the vision, but this was not the time to fret over them. "Given a few days to let the feeling settle... I should be alright. I thank you for your concern though." Pausing a moment, wishing, perhaps, to run from the direction the conversation was turning, the princess moved to slowly stand. "I think it best if I return to my alcove for rest..."

Teigra

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:08 pm
Vanya stood with her, her hand on the princess back for support. "Of course, if you're sure, dear." She still had worry lingering at the edge of her mind, but what could she do if the princess was not asking for her help? Only remain open and welcoming so that she would know that help was there if she needed it.

Even though it hadn't been asked for, as soon as the princess stood, Vanya stepped away for only a moment. There was a soft rustling sound, a clunk, then the sound of wood sliding against wood as she closed a drawer before returning to Celestia. She reached for her friend's hand, pressing a small flask into her palm. Part of her hated to keep passing on this supply of sleeping draughts to the obviously distraught princess. She had made sure that they weren't strong enough to be dangerous...just in case...not in the small doses she'd given her. But it was no replacement for real help if she was so troubled.

On the other hand, if the princess wasn't ready to seek help and counsel openly, then the best Vanya thought she could do was offer her brief sanctuary in the land of peaceful dreams.

"Then, I wish you restful sleep and peaceful dreams, my friend. And if you do need anything, my door is always open. Day or night." She smiled, trying to keep her own worry from showing on her face. Then, she stepped closer, pulling Celestia into a warm, if brief hug, lest the gesture prove unwanted. "Please...take care, my friend."

o0_Daisuke_0o

Teigra
Crew

Shameless Shapeshifter

21,640 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:43 am
The princess couldn't help but tilt her head as her friend moved away, her hands falling to rest at her side and her eyes following each movement. There was a drawer that she was 'looking' into (blindly, of course). Was that... It was: another of those bottles of draught. She couldn't help but feel a little discomfort as the prospect of receiving another, given already how many remained in her room.

She understood the gesture, but she couldn't prompt herself to actually drink them often enough and saved them instead for a sound night among the otherwise nightmare it was.

Perhaps she would explain everything to her at one point... But not this point.

Taking the familiar vial into her hand, she smiled softly and placed a momentary hand on her friend's before letting them both fall. "I thank you for that; at times I feel indebted to your kindness with the number of these I have been given." It was meant as a joke more than anything, as suggested with her small laugh. The hug was a but surprising, but not unwanted as the princess returned the action just until she felt her pull away. "You know I shall," she returned with a nod before waiting just a moment.

After that moment ended, she turned to excuse herself from the alcove and return to her own for a sleep guaranteed to be pleasant by her friend.

Teigra

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff