Submit

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:24 pm
User Image Flits had declared today a snow day... on account of his wings had gotten too cold to fly down from his tree and one of his makeshift roofs had sunken in from the weight of snow that fell that night.

He spent his morning shoveling the snow out of his home of fruit crates nailed into a network of "rooms" within a tree in the local park. It had been his home as soon as he was old enough to do things for himself... which really was as long as he could remember. Where did he come from, anyway?

No matter! There was snow to remove and he did so with a shovel that had been intended for building sand castles.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:20 pm
Syrcaid

Winter certainly wasn't Mooncake's favorite season, his dainty body and insect-like traits had him better built for warm climates. Most of the time this meant he was locked up indoors to avoid freezing to death, but a couple times a week he'd venture out to Latte's cafe to make some money. Books weren't cheap and he needed some way to pay for them.

On this brisk day he was wrapped in the largest scarf he could lay his hooves on, the loose knit wrapped several times around him in an effort to keep warm. He was on his way back home through the park after a shift at Latte's. The flutter stallion was minding his own business, musing to himself about the cold when a small pile of snow seemingly materialized onto his head. A shiver ran down the flutter's spine as he did his best to shake himself off, looking up at the offending tree.

"By the gods, what is this terrible luck?! I didn't ask Ullr to deliver me snow." The purple stallion snorted, peering at the tree's snowy branches when he noticed something peculiar about them where they met. Hair dripping wet and covered with a few pieces of ice that he hadn't quite managed to shake off, he glided up towards the boxes perched in the branches still unaware of the foal inside.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:31 pm
It took all Flits's strength to relift the tent material that was his collapsed roof with the broomsticks and mop handles he was using to support them.

"HEEEEEAVE~!" he grunted, propping up one of the corners.

Slowly, ever so slowly, the stick began to fall down again before unceremoniously landing back on top of Flits.

"Oof~" came the tired, muffled voice from within it.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:38 pm
Syrcaid

Mooncake squinted at the very damp fruit crate hut, bewildered. It looked like someone had made a rather shabby tree house for foals to play in, but he certainly didn't expect anyone to be inside it out in this weather. Still, the stallion couldn't help but hear the muffled noises coming from within.

Shivering once more, the flutter pushed aside some of the snow that was along the edge of the sunken roof so he could peel up the edge of the fabric. "Is someone in there?" He squeezed his snout in through the opening, unaware of wherever the door may be and sure he could always fix whatever damage later. "Are you ok? Squirrel? Foal? Tiny Yeti?"

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:02 pm
"I think so," Flits said, tugging himself out from under the tent. "My roof fell in, I don't think it's going to come back up until I get the rest of the snow off."

Flits picked up his sand shovel again and started working to remove the snow again. His green body was slowly turning more and more blue. Even his pigeons were smart enough to find somewhere warmer, so he was all alone in his tree until it got warmer.

"What're you doing up here? I don't usually get company."

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 3:49 pm
Syrcaid

Now Mooncake certainly wasn't sure about this, but he was pretty sure that this foal's coloration wasn't normally aqua. It even seemed to the flutter that the foal might even be going so far as changing colors while he watched. The stallion shook his head to dismiss the thought, eyebrows furrowing.

"This tree did me the offense of dropping some of it's snow onto my hair and i couldn't help but notice your little abode when i looked up to curse at it's branches." The stallion glanced around with suspicion and concern. "Don't you think it's a little cold to be playing pretend out here without a coat? I'm sure your parents must be terribly concerned that you left home without one. You'd be a lot more efficient at clearing off this snow with a nice jacket on. Less energy wasted shivering."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:11 pm
"You musta been under when I was shoveling out the snow," Flits looked at his shovel guiltily. "Sorry about that, but if I don't get the snow off the roof, I won't have this room to sleep in."

Flits stopped talking momentarily to dump a sand bucket full of snow to the ground.

"I don't have a jacket," Flits went on to explain. "This is where I live! So I can't really leave anything at home if I'm already home and I don't own the thing I'd be leaving home without. This is my bedroom, but if I can't get the snow off, it'll be the garage until spring."

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:58 pm
Syrcaid

The purple stallion tossed his head, trying to clear away any leftover snow in his hair. "Ah, well it's not a big deal... You sleep and live here?"

The flutter stared at the small colt, bewildered as the thought dawned on him. He couldn't imagine what it would be like to be homeless, without the security of knowing he had a warm bed and a constant source of food.

"How? Why?" He frowned down at his scarf and bit his lip before he began to unwrap it.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:00 am
"I made it!" Flits said. "It's high up like the birds! Birds are my friends. I want to help birds when I grow up. I'll help any birds, but songbirds are my favorite. Thing is... they all left for the winter, so I'm just waiting until they return."

Flits pulled up all four of his mismatched legwarmers and hoof mittens, before turning back to asses the situation with his roof.

"As for why... uh..." Flits scratched at his forehead. "I supposed it's because I've got nothing else to do but live and go to school."

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:27 pm
Syrcaid

Mooncake stared at the colt with his jaw dropped. Never before had he been so dumbfounded. "Why?"

He blinked, wings twitching as he regained his senses and finished pulling off his scarf. "You shouldn't be living like this. This may be fine for the birds, but i think you would be better off in a heated home and just visiting them when they're around." Taking a step towards the foal he dropped his scarf onto Flits' head, the flutter's awkward attempt at a kind gesture.

"How about you... Uh. How about you come with me to get warmed up? I'm sure i can find someplace much ... Well better in every way to sleep. You aren't a yeti that can survive in these temperatures."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:30 am
"Wow, that's nice of you, mister," Flits decided. "But I can't stay with you long. How about I keep you company until it gets sunny again? That way the snow won't land on your head and it'll melt the snow off my roof!"

Flits was okay to make this a trade. After all, he couldn't abandon his things. He had school in the morning and so many things to do and knit. It felt like it'd be a kind gesture to accept this lanky Phony's invitation since it seemed it took a bit of effort to ask it in the first place. It also felt good to try and give something back, even if it was just his company.

He'd resume his duties when the sun would let him. It couldn't stay cloudy all winter. Could it?

"I've got a hat you can have," he offered up a multi-colored knit hat with a large pom-pom on the top. "That way snow won't get in your hair again," he laughed.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:47 am
Syrcaid
Sorry i took so long to get on this. finals @_@
I believe this can finish it up?

There was a small smile on the flutter's face as the colt proposed his idea. Well, at least this way he wouldn't have to be concerned about the little pegasus freezing to death this winter.

"I think that would be very nice. Especially since i don't really have many visitors besides my family." Mooncake chuckled and made a bow. Sure, he might not have many friends, but he was content with that.

"Thank you for doing me this honor. Let me show you where I live." He nodded towards the park exit and began to walk.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items