Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i don't want to go back
  don't make me
View Results

Arianah

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:36 am
Let me preface this long post with yes, I get a meager amount of food stamps that will probably be denied once the child support thing goes through (scary, but such is life), The boys are on meidcal assistance though because their treatment is ONLY covered by MA. I still have to carry their primary private insurance at 350 a month which sucks balls totally though. None the less...this was my trip yesterday as posted at the autism parents group I am on...

So today I have to drive to the county assistance office to beg them to reinstate things since I never received our renewal packet until AFTER they cancelled the boy's M/A (and our meager amount of foodstamps). Xander starts having leg cramps (I should have figured with the cold weather change) right as we pull in. I have to get it done today. We are out of groceries and they have their ISEBblahblahblah meeting coming up.

The line, first thing in the morning, is atrocious. This skinny chick is two people in front of us, and will not shut up. She's up and down and pulling snacks out (in a room clearly labled not to eat in) and dropping food on the floor. Talking to her friend's kid like he is her own and barely speaking to her own. Xander is trying to hold it together, and crazy lady is dragging a chair along (again signs say not to move chairs) claiming she is pregnant and cannot keep standing. She's ohhhh so tired. But she's kneeling on the floor and pacing and just wacked.

In any case, little dude that is not her kid gets rammy and bumps into this Latina chick in front of them, who turns around says "excuse me?" and when she did her purse bumped the back of little dude's head. Not hard, but crazy red head lady flips out, tells her to leave her hands off the kid and to pay attention to her own kid. Latina bites back, and is all "lady you have not shut up since you got in here, and your kids are anything but under control" and it was game on. Security came over.

They acted like they would get their s**t together, then he walked away and the crazy red head starts huffing about how predjudice this place is and how they let "ni**ers" get away with murder in here (but she's hispanic, not black so I don't know). She starts up with Latina chick who finally is like "I will deal with you outside when we are done if you don't knock it off". Crazy red head is all "bring it, I will kick your a** just fine even though I'm pregnant!" Latina was all "fine example of motherhood there". Security comes over again. Finally they pull the women out of the line. X keeps looking at me for reassurance and I keep covering his ears.

Only male in the place (or so it seems) is behind me and his kiddos are finally having enough of the chaos. Turns out his baby mamma just up and left him a few months ago and he's been fighting with the system to get them food stamps ever since she left because he can't afford them on his own. Kiddos are sickly looking. Almost malnourished and it was his third trip in there in a week trying to get it figured out. Everything was submitted, they keep saying come back later for your EBT card.

Finally his oldest and X just stare at eat other with their thumbs in their respective mouths. I help with shoes that fall off as baby daddy's hands are full with fussy baby. Crazy red head comes back to line (ugh) all seems calm, and then she leaves. X and I finally get to front of line and get done and leave only to see red head and brood waiting in the middle of the sidewalk to "******** that b***h up". Xander stops. He can't figure out where to go because they are blocking things and I'm not about to try and move through them. So I pull him into the grass...and get in the car only to realize, after all of that I have to go back because they wanted documentation of the child support court order. Ughhhhhh.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:10 pm
Sounds worse than the DMV!  

Undecidability

Shirtless Fairy

9,075 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Confectionery Puff Rock

10,500 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100