Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply My Little Phony
[PRP] Mysteries of the Ocean (Mooncake + Filly Buster)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DivineSaturn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:22 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Flirty Mermaid.

A silly name for a pirate ship. Or was it? Filly Buster was hopeful that there was a way to inject some fear into what was otherwise a laughable title. Which was what brought her to the Phonyland library. If she was going to find out about the terrifying myths of the ocean, that seemed like the best place to do it. Even if she couldn’t pillage the appropriate book.

She trotted down row after row of bookshelves, looking for something that might help. Cookbooks were out. So were romances (yuck!) and math books (bo-ring). As she turned into the aisle that held mysteries, a book on the topmost shelf caught her attention: The Mermaid Mystery. Could that be what she was looking for?

Filly Buster reached up, but the shelf was much too high. She jumped. She fluttered her wings. She even tried climbing up the shelf, but nothing seemed to get her the height that she needed to grab onto the book.

cursedandwandering
Hope this works as a start! Lemme know if anything needs changing. <3 (Also sorry for the double quote, I apparently mixed up my own phonies' names XP; )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:34 am
DivineSaturn
this is fine. Sorry I took so long to reply. I had a big project due.

It certainly wasn't unusual to see the purple flutter stallion known as Mooncake in the library. At this point he was a regular, already familiar with all the staff and most of the books that took his interest. He liked to check in regularly to see if anything new had come in or to try and rent books from neighboring libraries and have them delivered here.

On today's trip he had decided to flip through an old favorite of his, a book on Russian mythology. Gliding down the aisles with ease with book in hoof, the stallion began his way towards the desk without really paying much mind to the other phonies browsing the shelves. But, he couldn't help but notice a tiny pegasus that seemed to be struggling with reaching a book that was located on a shelf high above her head.

With a tilt of his head, the dainty stallion gave a light chuckle and made a small detour in his trip. After all, what good was the gift of flight if you didn't use it to help others with things outside of their reach? "Excuse me, miss, which book is it you're trying to get?" The flutter landed somewhat gracefully beside her, setting his own book down as he scanned the shelves.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

DivineSaturn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:49 pm

Pirates did not get startled, and so Filly Buster wasn't startled. She may have been slightly surprised when a grown-up landed next to her, but she wasn't startled. Certainly, she didn't hop backwards. That was just her practicing a combat move. In a library. Because weren't libraries all about learning?

At least, they might be if they were arranged in such a way where she could reach the darn books.

"Arg," she said, which was not a startled splutter, but merely a standard pirate syllable. "I'm- I mean, I be seeking information on the fearsome creatures known as mermaids." Was this guy a librarian? Maybe he could steer her in the right direction. "Tales of their cunning and ruthlessness on the seven seas, yarr." She pointed a hoof at the Mermaid Mystery, still believing that it contained the answers to her questions.

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:01 pm
DivineSaturn

Mooncake stared at the little filly as she spoke, one eyebrow raised as he tried to figure out why she was talking so strangely. People certainly didn't talk like that anymore, right? He glanced up at the bookcase where she directed, not really putting much thought to the significance of her words at first. With the way she was dressed, he thought, that perhaps she was just "pretending" she was a pirate, not that she actually believed she was one or was capable of being one. Although a modern day pirate might be an interesting story...

The purple flutter cleared his throat, gliding up to grab the book which was out of the young girl's reach. "So. You want to know about mermaids?" He smiled down at her and then scanned the books back cover. "Mhmm... Well," landing before her, he held the book out. "I don't think this will tell you much about the actual myth behind them. It's certainly not the focus of the story."

"But, if you would like, I can tell you what i know about them? Folklore is my purpose after all." He chuckled awkwardly, rubbing his front hooves together.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

DivineSaturn

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 6:21 pm

At first, Filly Buster was disappointed. Stupid library, didn't even have the books she needed. All it had were things that looked promising, but were about totally different things. Why title a story "The Mermaid Mystery" if it wasn't even about mermaids? In her frustration, she kicked the shelf, leaving a tiny nick in the wood.

When the grown-up went on, she looked up, newly hopeful. "You know about mermaids? That'd be- I mean, uh... that be right fitting of ye, matey. Don't hold back, now! I be wanting the stories that make ye blood curdle and ye hair curl!" If this guy tried to tell her the cutesy stories about mermaids giggling and doing each other's hair, just because she was a filly, she'd have to show him just who he was dealing with!

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:47 pm
DivineSaturn

Blood curdling? Mooncake raised an eyebrow, well mermaids certainly weren't as loveable as they were portrayed in modern times. The stallion bit his lip, a hoof tapping against the library's wooden floor.

"Well then, where to start..." The purple flutter chuckled and smiled, knowing just what to tell the girl. "Mermaids, sure, can be seen as benevolent creatures, but typically they are known as being dangerous. Seeing a mermaid is typically bad luck as they are believed to either cause terrible storms or be signs of an oncoming one. The oldest known tale of a mermaid is one of a goddess who accidentally murdered her human lover. To punish herself for such a thing she turns herself into a mermaid." His wings twitched, growing a bit excited as he recalled various stories. "In Russia mermaids are believed to be restless spirits. They lure young men and drown them."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

DivineSaturn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 01, 2013 1:30 pm

The story didn't start out on a very interesting note. It didn't help that Buster wasn't sure what 'benevolent' meant. It sounded kind of like 'violent,' so maybe it was a better kind of violent.

The rest of the story seemed to support that. Filly Buster had no idea that mermaids were supposed to be bad luck! And murderers, even. Not that she wanted to kill anybody, but if everyone thought that pirates would, they would be more likely to hand their loot over.

She shivered as she listened to how they would even lure men away to drown them. This was good stuff! It even made flirting kind of scary. Nobody would dare to challenge their ship with a history like that!

"So," she said testingly, "if ye were sailin' on the high seas, and set eyes on a ship called the Flirty Mermaid, what would ye be thinkin'?"

cursedandwandering

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:58 am
DivineSaturn
Sorry this took so long. Finals. @_@

His lips pursed at the litle filly's question. "Welllllll," Mooncake mused "I'd suppose it was a boat full of murdering seductresses. They'd lure men onto their ship, put some sort of sedative in their drinks, and then tie some weights to hem and throw them overboard."

The flutter blushed and cleared his throat, "Uhh... Or something like that."

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

DivineSaturn

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:27 pm

... well. That wasn't quite what Buster had been expecting. She thought about it for a moment. Then she began to giggle. It was sort of accurate, but it also wasn't quite right. And the grown-up's reaction was just fantastic!

The moment of merriment passed, and she settled back down to business with a stern clearing of the throat. "Is that so? Well, yer not wrong, but not right either. I think, from what ye said, the mermaids can stay. But the 'Flirty' bit- that's got to go. We be needing somethin' more intimidatin' than that, ye know?"

Then again, if other sailors thought that they'd get flirted with, they'd let their guard down. Not that Buster wanted to use such cowardly tactics, but if they worked... This, she decided, was something that she needed to discuss with the rest of the crew. It wasn't her decision to make. But now she had the information they needed to put it to a vote.

"Thank ye for th' story. I won't go underestimatin' mermaids again, yarr!" Now she could be proud of her ship in a way she hadn't been able to be, before. And it was all thanks to this guy. "Ye be welcome aboard anytime, matey."

cursedandwandering
((Don't worry, I'm well acquainted with the evil that is Finals Time. XP; ))

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:06 pm
DivineSaturn
XD <3
Pretty sure this can wrap up the rp o3o <3

The stallion smiled awkwardly as the filly began to laugh. At least Mooncake seemed to have done something right, although he wasn't really sure what was so funny about murderous seductresses.

The flutter gave a shrug and pursed his lips. "I think whether or not flirty can be taken as a cute thing or a frightening warning depends on the viewers knowledge of mermaid folklore. If you know that the flirting is so they can lure you to your doom i'm pretty sure you'd be a bit more wary."

"I'm glad i could help. You know, if you wanted to find out more about mermaids you should go check out the library's folklore collection. It's towards the back by the history section." The stallion beamed at that, well familiar with the books in that particular area. He would certainly love to increase others interest in the subject. "Thank you for the offer. I'd love to see this 'mermaid' of yours. It's a good thing i've got wings too, if your crew starts trying to flirt with me i'll know i'm doomed and can fly off." With a chuckle Mooncake winked and gave the little filly a nod before moving on.

cursedandwandering

Lonely Prophet

16,400 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
My Little Phony

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items