Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Dorms } ------------------------Personal Profiles/Journals Here
[ ghost ] elysiel's elysium

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

elysiel of the midnight stars ✦

Let us then suppose the mind to be,
as we say, white paper,
void of all characters,
without any ideas.

How comes it to be furnished?

Whence comes it by that vast store which the busy and
boundless fancy of man has painted on it with an almost
endless variety?

Whence has it all the materials of reason
and knowledge?

To this I answer,
in one word,
from experience.

In that all our knowledge is founded;
and from that it ultimately
derives
itself.

~ Locke

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:53 pm

✦ her name was death and it became her ✦

Name ✦ Elysiel of the Midnight Stars
Nicknames ✦ Elyse (Ehl-Lease)
Gender ✦ Female pronouns
Age ✦ Mentally and physically 17, true age long forgotten.

Faction ✦ Ghost
Race ✦ Lingering Seraphim

A species that is the result of a Fallen Seraphim -- the specific offshoot that fixates on fire and anger-- that has died in battle. Once they reform as a ghost, they lose their flame based powers, and instead lean towards the morose. Lingering Seraphim do what their name implies and linger until they find a reason to live, a cause to serve, a leader to pledge allegiance to. Their source of power has shifted from fear of a soon impending doom towards the slow anxiety that death is on the doorstep.

Natural Ability ✦ Deathtouch

Elysiel's touch can sometimes illicit an anxious sense of ominous doom, compiled with hopelessness and anxiety. It can only be used on equal level beings for brief period of time (10-15s), and anyone higher level for a flash (1-2s).

It does not linger beyond the direct physical contact, which is to say, only skin to skin will trigger it. Due to this, Elysiel will likely wear gloves to avoid accidentally triggering it on a friend, as her control on it right now is spotty. Her counsellors tell her it should get better as she advances in her studies-- a very good motivator to succeed in school.

Personality ✦ A lifetime ago, she had been a fallen seraphim. Far from any true angel, Elysiel had been a demonic creature wreathed in flames, a fury to behold in battle, and it was in such a battle where she met her end. It had been another time: she had worn another name, another face, rallied behind another banner. In a skirmish long forgotten, one so minor that it was not worth noting in a history book on either side, Elysiel had balanced on the precipice of dissipation. One, final blow that was too strong cut her down at last. She dissipated, like all members of Halloween do, but unlike most of her other companions, she did not reform properly.

She awoke in a pumpkin patch with not a possession to her name nor a name to her face. No longer the fiery red of another life, Elysiel was draped in violet, her skin a pallid white. All she knew was a listless sense of 'I can't leave, not yet' and so she wandered, lost and dazed, until she served --. There is no time for that story, because it is of even littler consequence than her origin. It was another time, another name, another face, another banner. A sleep that lasted countless years, memories of her past service sealed into a lock at her chest.

The Elysiel of today knows neither of these stories. The Elysiel of today had stumbled none too gracefully into the world, deposited onto the streets of Halloweentown a dazed, mussed wreck. Despite the finery she was clothed in, Elysiel looked very much like she needed a good shower and possibly the help of an expert hairdresser if the knots in her hair were anything to go by. She bewilderedly stumbled into the offices of NSIB (New Spawn and Immigration Bureau) by pure accident, intending to ask for directions to somewhere.

Who are you, they asked, eyes bored but not unkind.

I don't know, she said, and it was the truth.

✦ ✦ ✦ ✦ ✦

Elysiel is, almost entirely, a blank slate. She knows that she enjoys finery and riches, and unintentionally looks down on those that do not. The construction of such niceties does not hold her interest, sadly. Very little does.

She often floats between conversations and leaders to find a forceful personality to lend support to; not to say she is a blind follower, but Elysiel is easily swayed by any argument that at least has conviction. If promises are requested, she will likely make them, and that extends to appointments, dates, etc. A compulsive just say yes problem is among her greatest flaws. They may not be delivered with a smile-- in fact, any agreement will almost always be long suffering and with a sigh, but the agreement will be there nonetheless.

As of now, she is unsure what suits her in terms of hobbies, but will likely pick them up and drop them as they suit her. Being pretty is her most easily satisfied trait, but she hungers for something more she cannot describe.

(For the clash of metal, for the scream of battle, for the haze of fury-- but she does not know. She is a sweet summer child, awakened in Fifth October. A sweet child who knows not of conflict or sorrow or betrayal. She knows not yet of those that would destroy her. She knows nothing, and so, for now, is no one. Tabula rasa. A blank slate.)

Why are they enrolled in Amityville Academy? ✦ The NSIB had helped her find a name she liked, but had not bothered to set her up with any extraneous possessions.

("This one doesn't need any clothes, she obviously has a quite lot," was heard, above the din of a busy office.)

She could choose to find some sort of living to make her way in Halloweentown, or since she was still technically and or probably young enough to do so, attend a school. Elysiel deliberated, carefully, eyes flickering over the choices for application.

The first had to be the best, correct?

Elysiel knew very little, but she knew she wanted to be, to have, to attend the absolute best.

FEAR Ability ✦ The End is Nigh (The Mind) - Elysiel channels her powers into one, concentrated projection of dread, reducing the enemy's accuracy if successful.

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:05 am

The Elysium

Elysiel's room is, actually, very plain.

That will change soon enough.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:17 am
✦ 15 / 50 ✦

I Am Reflection

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:50 pm
The Legacy