Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] A Not-Blonde | Ariane & Ian Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 9:06 am
Wow it had been a long time since she had seen the sun so clearly in the sky while on the island. It was usually so covered in fog that it was tough to see the sky, much less the sun... Since most of the facilities had been put on lock down, and the power in the dorms had been cut, Ariane was getting bored staying indoors. Instead, she had changed into some comfortable clothes, and decided to just jog around the suddenly sunny island to train her stamina... Maybe go for a swim in the ocean after, to tone her muscles.

She was sure that she would get tired of the sun and the heat soon enough, but for now, it was nice to imagine that she was on her summer vacation to some tropical island... Even though that was far from the truth. It was more like she was stuck on this place. Like in Castaway, but with monsters.

Horror movie Castaway.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:02 am
Ian supposed he should be more awed at the sun, but all things considered he just really was entirely comfortable either way. He had rather liked the fog (the fog hid things relatively well, after all), but the sun was nice too, and he was mostly indifferent to the change in weather.

But at the very least, it meant he could sit outside in a teeshirt.

Which was exactly what he was doing at the current moment, Ian relaxing on the beach in a pair of jeans and a red shirt, hands in his pockets as he strolled lazily around the sand. Every once in a while he would cast a glance seaward, as though trying to see if that tentacled monster was still there, but when nothing happened, he moved aimlessly along.

The pounding of footsteps drawing nearer indicated someone coming nearer. Ian turned his head just in time -

- and at the same time not quickly enough, and really he should have been paying more attention because he walked right into her and promptly smacked straight into whoever was running along the beach.

"Whoops."

Dragain

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:48 am
In this horror movie Castaway, there's also a Wilso-

"Eh?" Ariane had been daydreaming about her version of Castaway, and did not pay attention to her surroundings. Even after walking into another person, it took her a moment to register that it was another person, and that she didn't accidentally walk into a rock or something... And this person happened to have a nice piece of a**.

Since they were in such close proximity, she casually reached out to give his butt a pat before taking a step back to examine the man in greater detail, "I suppose that makes us even." No apologies from her because she clearly wasn't the one who was not looking at where they were going.

kurotomato

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:54 pm
It could have been worse. He could have run into someone entirely unpleasant (not that he even knew anyone like that just yet), but at least the person running into him was a pretty girl.

A pretty girl who touched his butt as she stepped away.

Ian found no problem with this.

"My apologies," he said easily, a smile sliding onto his face. "I hadn't looked where I was going...?"

He trailed off, waiting for her name.

Dragain

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:16 pm
Ariane was glad that he was so accepting of having his butt touched, mostly because it would probably not be the last time she's going to do that, seeing how he're really easy on the eyes. Then again, she noticed that a lot of the men on the island were pretty cool with sexual harassment the occasional butt pat.

And those who were initially bothered by it seemed to have accepted it after being conditioned into understanding that it was part of her greeting.

"Shouldn't you be introducing yourself first?" She laughed, "The name's Ariane."

kurotomato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:12 pm
Ian's smile widened a little.

"I always let the pretty lady introduce herself first," he said mildly, sliding his hands into his pockets. "The name's Ian, and it's nice to meet you Ariane."

His gaze flickered out towards the sea. "Been here long?"

Dragain

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:08 pm
"I see that we have a sweet talker here," Ariane grinned, "Nice to meet you too, Ian."

At his question, she had to pause to think - how long has it been? She had pretty much lost track of time since joining the organization; however, she had been keeping track of the festivals... Particularly the one held at the end of the year. Christmas. It had been two Christmases since she woke up in her pod.

"Two years, I believe," She replied with a small smile, "Feels much shorter though."

kurotomato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm
Ian raised his eyebrows.

"Sweet talker?" he repeated mildly, unperturbed by the teasing. "Never. I only tell the absolute truth, and the absolute truth is that you are very pretty."

The smile was back on his face, tinged with amusement. "Two years is a long time," he replied easily. "What sort of thing do you do to keep yourself occupied, may I ask?"

Dragain

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 pm
"Thank you, but that is still sweet talking," Ariane didn't bother her hide her amusement, giving Ian a light whack on his arm, "Have you met a guy named Dakota? I think you two will get along rather well." Ian reminded her of the first time she met him... In the Sahara. Great place to meet someone new. Sun, sand, sea of bodies.

"To start out, keeping alive is important," She deadpanned, "But really, you don't have to keep yourself occupied. Often, there's something or another going on. When the portals are up again, you can also choose to go on missions, if you're really looking for something to do."

kurotomato

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:29 pm
"I haven't met hardly anyone yet, other than a scant few, so no, I haven't met this 'Dakota' yet," said Ian, the smile fading, just a little bit. However, he pushed it back onto his face, determined to keep up appearances, at least just for a little while longer.

"Well," said Ian, with a glance around at the otherwise deserted beach. "It's...not that exciting right now, I'm afraid. I mean, I suppose the tentacle...thing and the fog disappearing are all very new and different, but to me it's rather...well, anticlimactic, at least compared to the ghost zombie ship."

He smiled a little. "Anything fun to do around here? Other than missions, of course."

Dragain

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:52 pm
"I don't know if you ever will, but I've learnt to appreciate these quiet moments," Ariane shrugged, sitting down on the sand as she stared out to sea, "So I can't complain about how there's nothing going on... Once the power's back up, I'm sure that there will be new things for us to do."

Huh. What tentacle thing?

"Depends on your definition of fun," She raised an eyebrow, looking up at him, "You can run the training courses when the power's up. There's also the mandatory duties you'll have to do."

kurotomato

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:08 pm
"Quiet is sometimes too quiet," said Ian blithely, the meaning of this rather odd phrase not entirely clear. He slid a sideways glance at Ariane, not bothering to conceal the smile that was spreading across his face.

"Training courses and mandatory duties don't exactly sound like a rockin' time," he said dryly. "Anything other than those to look forward to?"

Dragain

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:39 am
"And what exactly-" Ariane asked, staring right at Ian as any trace of a grin left her expression, "-would you consider a rocking time?"

kurotomato

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 2:44 pm
Ian slid a sideways glance towards Ariane and raised his eyebrows.

"That definition is entirely flexible," he said lightly. "However, if those are my only options, it seems I will just have to make the best of it, shall I?"

Dragain

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:37 am
“Welcome to life on the island,” Ariane deadpanned, "Where you make your own fun, and try not too die too soon."

kurotomato

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces