[B] New Flowers [Timorous & Tastes Like Summer]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:20 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

As withdrawn to others and timid and shy the doe was, Timorous was not as oblivious to things as she may have appeared. A late night walk from the grove she had been tending, a charming buck, the details of that night left a flutter in her heart whenever she had thought about them days and weeks later. So it was no surprise to the small doe when she had begun to notice changes coming upon her, just a sort of small fluttery excitement at the idea of children and the quiet thought that a blessing was in her best interests.

Today was the day that she decided was the time to leave the small grove she was in and go in search of a legendary. With By the Roots's permission, she had gone in to the grove and taken some of the most fragrant blooms, the most vibrant flowers, and tied them all together with a firm vine and a few sprigs of lavender for good luck. Her flower accessories were something she did not know how to create or give, but this bouquet was the best she could put together as an offering for whomever she found. Her only problem now was the act of finding one of these chosen that could bless her. "I should have guessed they wouldn't be easy to find." She mused out loud quietly as she wandered the trees, peering around to see if she could find, perhaps, a pair of eyes somewhere waiting for her.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:38 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. There had once been a time when Tastes Like summer had been a little shy, though she always had believed the best in all kin. She loved other kin, to talk, to sing, to dance, and to have fun, but to meet a buck and fall in love, that was an experience that had caused her heart to flutter and grow. She had found her life's love in Dances with Shadows, and the Swamp had chosen her, a blessing and a honor that she had been so very surprised to receive.

The feeling was familiar now, that low tug and draw that pulled her away from her thoughts. She happily followed the feeling though, because she always remembered the joy and comfort being approached by a legendary always brought her. Starburst leaped into a tree with an easy grace, shifting in that half second from kiokote to cheetah. Weaving through the branches, she smiled at what new joy she might soon see in the face of a soon-to-be parent. She loved these trips and when she found the doe, with her beautiful hair, and pale complexion, Starburst smiled down at her from her perch in awe, again, at new life.

She laughed softly at the doe's comment, a soft whuffing sound coming from a cheetah, and settled into a comfortable lounge, tail flicking lazily below her chosen branch. "In my experience, the legendary finds the mother or father, not the other way around. I certainly seemed to find myself in the presence of legendaries by accident, rather than intent, when I was expecting."

PeanutButterpies

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:19 pm

Timorous's efforts had not gone unnoticed it seemed, a reply to her musing seemingly coming out of thin air as she was glancing around. But the doe knew there was not much to hide about that she hadn't already checked and that she had keen enough hearing to notice someone coming closer, so her mind led her eyes upwards to the trees.

At first, the doe blinked in confusion at the animal that was perched on the branch, a cheetah if she remembered what By the Roots had told her. It was beautifully colored, with shining eyes of gold and delicate streaks of blue on a white background and Timorous eyed the creature, an impossible thought swirling in her mind that maybe the cheetah of all things had answered her. She knew legendaries were special, but of what she knew they couldn't be animals.

"I suppose you aren't the one who answered me, although your arrival was wonderfully timed." She joked to the creature, as she took another glance around. Maybe the cheetah had an owner who had spoken instead.

Amorpheous

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:33 pm
A smiling cheetah was not necessarily the most comforting sight. It certainly showed off her sharp teeth, but Starburst was hard pressed to not smile the vast majority of the time. She seemed to tilt and then she was falling, before landing expertly and softly on her paws. Tail flicking from side to side, she looked up at the doe with her glowing eyes before blinking purposefully and thinking, quite clearly, "Wonderfully timed and very much the one who answered you."

Cheerfully she continued on, "The swamp is full of many surprises."

PeanutButterpies
Ah, I forgot the mention that she's not actually speaking. She's speak-thinking to Timorous since cheetahs are incapable of actual speech. But that's fine. xD Sorry about that.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:21 pm

Wide-eyed, the pale doe squeaked and moved a few steps back as the cheetah fell to the ground, now nearby and making it very clear though thought speech (that Timorous had just assumed was someone nearby), that they were the legendary. Quickly, the doe looked around for her forgotten bouquet of flowers that she'd dropped in her search, hoping to quickly get this over with. She chided herself for how she had spoken and then mentally made a note about how that legendaries could indeed be animals. "I'm so sorry for being so uhm, rude." She managed to force out while searching, "I have some flowers for you, an offering for a blessing." Her words came out soft and slightly forced as she averted her gaze, embarrassed.

Amorpheous
Timorous is a bit uneducated on legendaries so she just thought she'd heard someone, instead of it just being speak-thinking if that's okay! I know it's plausible as many times I've thought heard someone call my name name only to realize no, that's just my mind playing tricks on me xP

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:43 pm
Her thoughts were gentle when she next spoke through her mind, "You haven't been rude at all. There is no need to apologize."

It was still strange to be the subject of curiosity and respect, sometimes with a good dose of fear. Starburst did not see herself as any much different simply because she was blessed by the Swamp. "There is no need for an offering, though I do always ask that those I bless answer a question of my choice truthfully."

PeanutButterpies
Don't worry about it! That's how I read it~ I do the same thing.

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:34 pm

While Timorous mildly disagreed with the she hadn't been rude, the doe let it go. There were many more things to be concerned with and the doe listened to the legendary, thinking about what she had said. A question? That was something new to the doe and it only took her a few moments before quietly she said "I think a question is a fair trade, although if you took the flowers too I would be happy." There was a hint of a smile afterwards, shy but still there.

Amorpheous
Sorry this is late!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:53 pm
"I would be honored to accept your flowers," Starburst smiled. Her tail flicked from side to side as she considered what question she would ask to determine a part of the doe's heart. For Starburst, it was more important that the parent search his or her heart than actually have a complete answer for her. Settling on a question, she asked, "What is your mate like and how does the personality of you and your mate affect what you hope for your children?"

PeanutButterpies
Congrats on the clutch! All three of them are so, so beautiful!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:49 am

The question made Timorous pause, thinking back to the buck she had met and also, thinking about herself. "My mate was kind, and charming." She started out softly, "Whereas I am timid, and shy, and rather afraid of much. I would hope that my children will be kind, like my mate, but also unafraid and outgoing." There was a moment of silence as Timorous considered the last of her answer, finishing confidently, "That they can find what they want without fear and can make lasting relationships while they're at it. That is what I hope for my children."

Amorpheous
Tytytyty for doing this, you are the best ever!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:48 pm
Starburst nodded, pleased with the doe's willingness to answer truthfully and completely. "Thank you."

It was her turn to consider her thoughts before giving her blessing, "May your children find kindness and return it as well. May they know when to be outgoing and when to exercise caution. And most importantly, may they find what they want but also appreciate the journey that will lead them to meet those that will love them for the rest of that journey and beyond it."

PeanutButterpies
No problem! For some reason, I didn't see your quote!

Now for Dusk Wave/Farewell Smile!

Amorpheous
Crew

Human Human

grayseasons

Tiny Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:41 am

"Thank you, thank you so much." Timorous replied after hearing the blessing, smiling brightly. It was the best she had hoped for and more.

Amorpheous
No prob!! I think this is done, you can do a final reply if you want. Now for the next pair...

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games