Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Help please: Job Hunting And Resume Writing Tips?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zhar The Timber Ferret

Thieving Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Jack-pot 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:36 am
I want to move away from my family and be independent. But that means I need a job in order to afford rent, transportation to and from work and neccesities.

So this is a serious question: How do I go about looking for work and writing my resume?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 10:18 pm
Hi Zhar! I'm no expert on the matter, but I would just say that every journey begins with a single step. It may be a little cheesy but I like what Ashton Kutcher said in his Teen Choice Awards speech about opportunity and how it looks a lot like hard work.

Start with whatever you know -- going to different places and asking for applications, signing up with a temp agency, checking listings online or in the local newspaper or magazine, etc. and work from there. Ask around! Your friends, family members, or neighbors may know of a job opening.

And with everything, keep trying. Don't get discouraged when you receive rejection. Instead, take every new experience and learn from it.

And for your resume, as practical advice, be concise. Include things that are relevant to the job you are applying to and make sure you present it in a way that's easy to read. Make sure your name and contact information aren't difficult to access. If someone were reading this paper, would they be presented with a professional you?

Best of luck! 3nodding biggrin  

Junipersweet

Tipsy Tipper

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas