The First Skirmish - Congrats Phail! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:44 am
The herd was unrelenting. They continued to keep claim to their lands, patrolling its borders, scouting neighboring herds and territories, and occasionally setting out additional outposts. Unsuspecting strangers that wandered too close were often attacked, if not killed; they hunted freely and without prejudice or fear, and many seemed to kill simply for the sake of it.

Their lands was a blood stained land, and they intended to keep it that way. Let others dare try to take them on, let others think they could drive out the 'monsters' that had come. They were allowed to be here. They were allowed to wage ruthlessly upon the meatsacks of the land. The Kawani had forgotten what formidable a force the great kalona could be, and they were their to remind them.

This was all simply a part of their plan.

The orders had been given, attack those that drew too close, and surprise ambush the unsuspecting. The more land they took, the more blood they spilled, the better. That many kalona needed to eat, after all.

Slowly but with great efficiency, the herd continued to expand, to take what land it could, to terrorize and wipe out those that dare cross their paths. They were too big fail, to knowledgeable in the art of war and desecration. Total war, leaving nothing behind -- not mare, not stallion, not foal. This was a herd that relished the destruction it left behind, and encouraged a spreading of fear and terror.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:45 am

ATTACK!!

This game is going to involve a simulated battle between the great kalona herd, and those within the Kawani who wish to try to drive out these new adversaries!

The Set Up and Sign Up

This game is first-come, first-serve to the first 12 people who sign up (split up in two groups). The first thing to do is that you will need to decide which side you'd like to play!

For those who want to make up an NPC Kalona that is part of this Great Herd (or if you won a freebie that's part of this herd, and would like to use them!) please fill out the following form to sign up.

[size=20][b][color=darkorchid]We Are Too Great to Fail[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Your Name:[/b]
[b]Your Kalona's Name[/b]
[b]Are they a PC or NPC?[/b] In this case, the only kalona who can fight as a PC part of this herd are those who have won kalona from this event.

For those who would like to use a PC Soquili, or make up an NPC soquili, who is against the Great Kalona herd, please fill out this form!

[size=20][b][color=seagreen]We Fight For Justice![/color][/b][/size]
[b]Your Name:[/b]
[b]Your Soquili's Name[/b] (Can be any breed, sans Skinwalkers. If a newbie doesn't have a soquili, feel free to make up an NPC)
[b]Are they a PC or NPC?[/b]

I will leave sign ups open until 1pm MST. If we don't have enough players, I will come up with an NPC to make sure both sides are even. This is first come, first serve. If you miss out, don't fear, there will be more games to be had!

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:48 am

How to Play

Twelve soquili sign up for the event, each from a different owner. Sign Ups are first-come, first-serve, and you must pick a side to sign up for -- the Great Kalona Herd or the Defending Non-Affiliated Herd!

2. The soquilis are paired up into a tournament-style bracket, which I will announce before the game starts.

3. I will make a roll using a d100.
Each fighter will then both roll d100s (or randomize a number 1 through 100. Either way, they need a number).

4. The owner whose soquili is closest to my number wins that tournament round. Feel free to go in and edit an RP post with your soquili to match their win or loss. It's not required, but it adds a fun edge!

5. Winners of their round will move on to fight again. Those who lose are out. The rounds will continue as long as there are winning soquili on both sides. I will simply continue to pair winners from different sides up against one another. The game will end when one side runs out of winning fighters.

6. At that point, I will raffle off the prize those left on the winning side. The side with remaining players will be considered the winning side for that skirmish!

Example

Battle 1: C, of the Great Kalona Herd, versus D, of the Defending Herd!

Uta Rolls 67! C and D now have approximately five minutes to post.

C rolls 2. The kalona rears up and kicks with her hooves.
D rolls 80. Hadrian charges, horn lowered and ready to stab.

Uta will post her math and announce the winners!
C is 2: 67 - 2 = 65
D is 80: 80 - 67 = 13

D is the winner of the first round! Go Kawani and Hadrian!

***Please note, I am going to do this en masse, so instead of going one by one, it'll happen all at once, and I will go through to see who won!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:49 am

The Rules

1. This will be first come, first serve. I will only take the first twelve who post for each side.
2. You MUST post the proper form with the proper information or else your entry will be skipped.
3. If a person needs to leave before their race begins, their horse will be scratched and their opponent automatically wins. Since this is such a short game, proxies aren't allowed and just would complicate matters.
4. You will have five minutes after I roll to post your soquili's roll. Those who miss the deadline lose and are scratched. This is to keep things fluid.
5. I will announce each rounds winner and keep track of who advances as the game progresses.
6. In the event of a tie (exact numbers rolled, or they are both dead even on who is closest) a tie-breaker will be had. The tie-breaker will include no bonuses and each owner will simply roll a d10. The larger number wins.
7. No mules allowed.
8. If you've already won a game in this kalona event, please let someone else try.
9. You may give away your kalona to someone else but it will count as a freebie win for them, and they cannot have won a freebie for this month or this event yet to be eligible.
10. If someone rolls the improper number of dice, or the improper amount or quantity, rolls before I roll my base number, or any variation thereof, they will automatically forfeit their roll and be disqualified. No re-rolling, no arguing, no crying about a mistake. People have up to 5 minutes to roll, I think that's long enough for a person to make sure they double check if they're rolling one d-100.
11. If someone forgets to post their roll, they will be automatically disqualified. Again. This isn't a speed game (not really) so everyone needs to double check or make sure they have the proper amount posted.
12. If any other issue crops up, it is fully my call to make. There should be no arguing or fighting or PMing me or IMing me about how you don't agree. This is my game and my word will be it. I will try my damndest to be fair, but I want this game to be fun and don't want it to be held up by arguing with people who question my ruling or decision. I can't necessarily please everyone though goodness knows I will try. :3
13. Please, no chatter in the thread either unless its your turn.

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:50 am
The Prize

I will raffle a winner from the side which remains for first pick! I'm sorry we only have on pony per skirmish for these next couple of rounds :c

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:52 am
The Kalona Herd
1. Deyanira (Looneytaz82)
2. Phardax (moonlit-raven)
3. Drusa (Kaitaia)
4. Arabella (Insane Butterfly)
5. Ravish (Faid Shadowlight)
6. Lamia (Devil NightShade)
7. Azar (Lady Argentum Draconis)
8. Sintharia (Pollack)
9. Graght (Staff NPC - Uta)
10. Milosh (Staff NPC - Uta)
11. Bloodsplatter (Staff NPC - Tirokio)

The Kawani Forces

1. Tranquillity (Epine de Rose)
2. Tsaphiel (Tweekend)
3. Kalias (Revel1984)
4. Yanisin (The Dawn of Twilight)
5. Leeroy Jenkins (Thamin)
6. Antony (Cajmera)
7. Casper (Phail Ninja)
8. Pnevyma Kolokytha (xKOVAKtheWOLFx)
9. Snow White (Fatal Irony)
10. Hiamovi (Mameha Otome)
11. Cato (Roman foi)

Round One Matchups!

1. Arabella (Insane Butterfly) x 70 - 67 = 3
Antony (Cajmera) 67 - 14 = 53

2. Lamia (Devil NightShade) x DQ
Snow White (Fatal Irony) 95 - 67 = 28

3. Drusa (Kaitaia) x 67 - 64 = 3
Kalias (Revel1984) 67-11 = 56

4. Deyanira (Looneytaz82) x 67 - 19 = 48
Cato (Roman foi) 72-67 = 5

5. Phardax (moonlit-raven) x 98 - 67 = 31
Leeroy Jenkins (Thamin) 67-24 = 43

6. Graght (Staff NPC - Uta) x 67 - 46 = 21
Yanisin (The Dawn of Twilight) 67 - 22 = 45

7. Milosh (Staff NPC - Uta) x 67 - 27 = 40
Casper (Phail Ninja) 75 - 67 = 8

8. Ravish (Faid Shadowlight) x 67 - 58 = 9
Tsaphiel (Tweekend) 67 - 17 = 50

9. Sintharia (Pollack) x DQ
Pnevyma Kolokytha (xKOVAKtheWOLFx) DQ

10. Bloodsplatter (Staff NPC - Tirokio) x 67 -1 = 66
Hiamovi (Mameha Otome) 93 - 67 = 26

11. Azar (Lady Argentum Draconis) x 67 - 9 = 58
Tranquillity (Epine de Rose) 67 - 35 = 32

Round 2

1. Phardax (moonlit-raven) x
Tranquillity (Epine de Rose)

2. Drusa (Kaitaia) x
Casper (Phail Ninja)

3. Arabella (Insane Butterfly) x
Snow White (Fatal Irony)

4. Ravish (Faid Shadowlight) x
Hiamovi (Mameha Otome)

5. Graght (Staff NPC - Uta) x
Cato (Roman foi)

Neither side has anyone waiting in the wings, so it's a perfect split!

Round 3

1. Ravish (Faid Shadowlight) x
Cato (Roman foi)

2. Arabella (Insane Butterfly) x
Casper (Phail Ninja)

With the kalona having Phardax waiting in the wings!

Uta

Shy Mage

Uta

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:53 am
This is now open for sign ups!

The game will start at 1pm MST, so in just over an hour.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:54 am
We Fight For Justice!
Your Name: Epine de Rose
Your Soquili's Name Tranquillity
Are they a PC or NPC? PC  

Epine de Rose

Tweekend

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:54 am
We Fight For Justice!
Your Name: Tweekend
Your Soquili's Name Tsaphiel
Are they a PC or NPC? PC  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:55 am
We Fight For Justice!
Your Name: Revel1984
Your Soquili's Name Kalias
Are they a PC or NPC? PC  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Dawn of Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:58 am
We Fight For Justice!
Your Name: The Dawn of Twilight
Your Soquili's Name Yanisin
Are they a PC or NPC? PC

I'm greatly enjoying this storyline. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:58 am
We Are Too Great to Fail
Your Name: cyranospixie
Your Kalona's Name Dyumna
Are they a PC or NPC? PC  

Cyranospixie

Sparkly Prophet

Looneytaz82

Romantic Lover

8,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:59 am
We Are Too Great to Fail
Your Name:Looneytaz82
Your Kalona's Name Deyanira
Are they a PC or NPC? NPC

I hope I am doing this right... She is not part of the herd, but also NOT from the event...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2013 11:00 am
We Are Too Great to Fail
Your Name: moonlit-raven
Your Kalona's Name Phardax
Are they a PC or NPC? NPC  

moonlit-raven

Feral Kitten

12,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Team Jacob 100

Kaitaia