PukeFacedFreak

Captain

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:52 am

Toward the end of July one of my roommates said she was moving out. She was to move in with her bf (who lives with his parents) to live rent free so she could save for a car (her engine asploded a few days before this news).

That was the last week of July. I told her she needed to still pay August rent and could officially move out the last week of August. Since then she has basically been at his house everyday except when she comes over to shower. I have posted ads up about the room for rent and people have been responding but no one has fully committed yet.

Last night she knocked on the door with no shoes, no keys and no phone. She said she walked from her bf's house and I assume they had a fight (I tried to get her to talk to me but not much came out). She borrowed my phone to call her bf and I'm not positive, but I think he showed up last night.

My dilemma; Stuart asked "aren't you moving in with him?" and she said "not anymore" quietly. She didn't tell me to take down the ads though and because she has a tendency to be wishy washy, I wonder if this is just a situation she blew out of proportion and will be fixed in a day. I haven't taken the ads down and this morning got a call from someone interested in moving in, as a couple. That would be $75 more than what my roommate is currently paying.

Of course I haven't agreed to rent the room to anyone, but I haven't taken the ads down nor discontinued going about this as if last night never happened.

This is my situation. I assume I have to wait to see what becomes of it as I will be gone a whole week while this either festers or fixes itself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:21 pm
Okay. here is my opinion. If she told you that she was moving out, and has not told you that her plans have changed, then you don't have to change your plans. I would leave the ads up until she tells you that she's no longer moving in with her bf. Don't make it a secret, make sure that she knows you're still working under the belief that she is moving out and looking for a new roommate. If she doesn't tell you not to give away her room, than you should keep trying to find someone.  

She-who-loves-hyphens

Shameless Nerd

27,375 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

PukeFacedFreak

Captain

Familiar Friend

13,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Generous 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:10 pm

Do you think I am morally obligated to let her 'move back in' even though she gave her notice and I have a couple who can pay more to live here than she can?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 26, 2013 8:07 am
idk, it seems like she's pretty screwed over right now. From personal experience, I wanted to be taken back and helped out. So I wouldn't say morally obligated, but it's the kindhearted thing to do.  

GigaNom

Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff