Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 8:18 pm
techabyte

Cyanide kept backing away, shaking her head fiercely to rid herself of the…what was that, a memory? A vision? A twisted little blip in her already screwed up head? She pressed her eyes shut, resisting the urge to howl and cry and beg the skies WHY. Why her? Why always the same things, little glimpses she couldn’t put together, ideas that made her seem like a horrible person. So cold. She was cold… A chill raced through her and she shook, physically shook, trying in vain to stop her rampaging mind from tossing out idea after idea. What if, in the past, she was the bad guy?

Could she handle that truth? If she was a bad person…could she change?

Somewhere, she wasn’t sure where, but something in her cracked, chipped away and it caused a shaky sob to rip up her throat, a strangled sound of a wolf. She bowed her head, trying to focus on just breathing--in and out, in and out--and looked down at her paws. They flexed, powerful beneath her, black claws tipping each toe. She was a living, breathing monster sometimes; she was the epitome of the wild, of the wolfkin. She was powerful. Part of her was afraid of what she represented--unable to stop imagining that gleam in her eye, so cold--and part of her…

Damnit, she didn’t know. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, sometimes I… I didn’t mean to scare you, Phosgene,” she whispered, shrinking in on herself. “I saw something--I don’t know what it was, but… I don’t want to see these things. They just happen, like a flash in my mind, and I don’t know how to stop them. I feel like I’m just a hot mess.” She bit back another sob, trying to calm her thundering heart, trying to ease her panicked mind. She glanced up, searching for the spiked stallion in the darkness. Had he fled? Did she blame him? But no, he was there.

When she saw him, in his black and cream glory, spiked and slashed and bloody and looking like the monster under your bed, she couldn’t help but smile even as a single crystalline tear slid down her face. He was beautiful… He was just like her, the wild running just beneath his skin, that power racing through his veins, despite him having no wolf blood. People no doubt feared him like they feared her and it wasn’t right--neither of them deserved that stereotype. Just because they looked intimidating didn’t mean they weren’t good people…right?

“Am… Am I a bad person? Do you think I’m mean?” she asked, suddenly worried about how he saw her. And it was stupid--he was a stranger and yet, she felt closer to him than she’d felt with anyone else she’d met thus far--but she didn’t want to lose this possible friendship. Something in her sang when he touched her. She wanted to keep it.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 10:20 am
Phosgene's eyes flickered along her, ucnertain and frightened. One second he was having a good conversation... well... she was. He didn't talk much. The next second he was walking backwards and trying to get away from her. He stayed within sight, thought hid himself partially in the shadows, his tail flicking lightly behind him. His wings shifted against his back, folding tight against his sides. He had no idea what was going on with her, but it frightened him. His fangs snapped slightly, before he closed his mouth tightly and almost crouched some. He was ready to fight back; ready to lash at her with sharp hooves and pointed teeth. But then she made a noise... a noise he hadn't heard since he was a small foal with his mother.

Phosgene still didn't know what was going on.. What that noise was. That noise... It wasn't a noise of anger or pain. Wasn't a noise that meant she was hostile. No... that was... Phosgene shook his head, frowning even more as he tried to place the noise. He remembered his mother making those noises. His mother who made those noises when she thought he was sleeping. Who made those noises when she looked upon him... Them. All of them. But mostly him. Mostly the monster she had given birth too. Phosgene grit his teeth some, hissing lowly as his tail flicked behind him. He beat his cloven hoof lightly against the ground as he tried to figure out what was going on with her.

When Cyanide started to speak again, Phosgene's eyes lingered up. He frowned some, his muscles quivering under his skin. He was more than ready to lash at her if he needed to, but her words didn't sound threatening. And though it took him moments to realize what it was she was saying, he knew that she wasn't going to hurt him. The stallion shifted some, almost dancing on his hooves, before he moved forward slowly. He carefully and cautiously maneuvered forward and toward the mare. His head dipped down, almost as though he was aligning the spine. Several seconds ticked by, before the stallion stopped in front of her. He shifted carefully, and pressed his muzzle to her chest for a moment, and then pulled his head back. His tail flicked behind him, before he tilted his head to the side, staring up at her with slitted pink eyes.

Though he wasn't certain what more to do, Phosgene stayed in front of her. His muscles quivered for a moment, before he adjusted himself and stared up at her. With a small shift, the stallion slowly lowered himself down to the ground, his wings laying against his back. He flinched slightly at the feel of his body bending down to the ground, but he did it anyways. His muscles ached, and the pain was starting to get overwhelming in his legs. He flicked his ears as best as he could, his tail moving to rest against his side. He huffed lightly a few times, before calming himself; his muscles giving another small quiver.

Novablu

techabyte
Crew

Inquisitive Gawker

10,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 3:57 pm
techabyte

She saw the fear in his eyes, little pink diamonds with a sliver of black slitting them down the middle. Snake's eyes, dragon's eyes, eyes of a demon...and yet she felt no hostility from him. Only anxiety, uncertainty, and a fire deep inside him, a willingness to protect himself, as he had probably many a times. She wasn't sure what would attack someone as fearsome as Phosgene, but surely there were creatures that tried--he was used to being rejected, that much was obvious, from the way he stood in a crouch despite it probably hurting, the way his teeth snapped together, the way he looked at her as if afraid she might turn her back on him and take a bite out of him.

She would never do that. She might be wolfkin, but she was no killer... Only to rabbits and birds and such. She'd never killed another soquili...had she? No, no she wouldn't dwell on that now. She gently shook her head, colorful mane spilling around her shoulders as she shook the thoughts away. She lay, curled on the ground, paws beneath her and her tail wrapped around her haunches, ears lowering as she watched the stallion creep towards her with such misease.

And then there was a change, a shift in his posture. He was cautious, yes, but she thought he had a right to be. He lowered his neck and...he reached out to her, his muzzle touching her chest, tentative at first before pressing there for many moments--and she realized what he was doing. Comforting her, in the only way he knew how, and her heart skipped a beat. "Phosgene," she whispered, her voice loud in the silence as their eyes met. Her ice blue eyes touched his pink gaze and she smiled, the gesture softening her face. "Thank you..." she said, bending her neck to gently nuzzle him back. It was a learning experience, both of them learning the other.

He stared at her for a few minutes before he shifted again, this time to ease down beside her and she couldn't help the slow wag of her tail as pleasure raced through her--companionship, he was granting her companionship. And as he settled down near her, she reached out and bumped her head against his neck ever so gently. "We should sleep here, tonight." Together... She hoped she wasn't asking too much of him, but she could protect him--she wouldn't let anything hurt them. She smiled, almost shyly. "And then, in the morning? Well..let's take it day by day."

With a soft sigh, she stretched her body out next to his, close enough to touch but not touching, and rested her head in the spot near his, ears keen to the sounds all around them, though she knew that they'd have to be pretty ballsy to approach two sleeping predators.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff