Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Events [OOC]
The Makono-epesi's first pride-run contest - Open! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LongestPassMule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:38 pm
User Image

User Image

Welcome to the first pride-run contest of the Makono-epesi, also known as the cheetah racing pride! Up for grabs we have FIVE pets, one of which is a cub donated by Annchen and SilverLutz from last month's Mix-n-Match! Thank them for such an adorable little bundle of fur! smile

Starts: 1:45pm EST, August 12
Ends: 6pm EST, August 28

Rules
1. All SoA and Gaia rules apply.
2. These animals must all stay in the Makono-epesi!
3. Their ranks are pre-determined(Minus the cub), so until further notice(Or they roll a seer), they MUST remain that rank! ESPECIALLY the lions.
4. ALL of these cats were born and raised in the pride, so everybody will know them unless the other SoA joined recently(So if Tiitsi joined the pride tomorrow, he wouldn't necessarily know anybody in the pride)
5. Have fun!
6. The more you bug me to judge, the more your chances of winning will drop smile heart
7. Try to have a JRP of some kind done and your SoA posted for a recert within two months of winning! heart Exception being the cub, the parents' owners will post that for you xd heart  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:44 pm
User Image

User Image

About Pinkie: (IC) This lion, ever since he was a cub, wanted to be a guard, just like his father, and his father's father, and so on back through the generations. He's recently reached adulthood, and finally become a full guard! Yay!

(OOC) I customed him forever ago for a different pride concept that didn't work out... So I'm tired of sitting on him, here he is xD

For this boy, I am doing an RP auction!

RP auction rules
1. You may only use the RPs of 3 SoA!
2. Length does not matter, only that it's FINISHED! Even if it's an ORP where your SoA has 3 posts and 400 words, so long as it's DONE, I count it as ONE RP for this!
3. RPs may not be older than August 1st, 2012!
4. Yes, this means you MAY do some RP grinding during the contest so you can build RP for the SoA you're using to increase your bid wink
5. Save your forms and edit them before a new bid, I want you to post it every time you bid!
6. Remember to have fun! smile

[u][b][size=20][color=magenta]I'm making a bid![/color][/size][/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b] (Lion's, not yours xD )

[b]SoA 1:[/b]
[b]SoA 1's RPs:[/b] [url=]1[/url] [url=]2[/url] etc..

[b]SoA 2:[/b]
[b]SoA 2's RPs:[/b] [url=]1[/url] [url=]2[/url] etc..

[b]SoA 3:[/b]
[b]SoA 3's RPs:[/b] [url=]1[/url] [url=]2[/url] etc..

[b]Total RPs used:[/b]

Bidder (Lion name) - RP #  

LongestPassMule

LongestPassMule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:45 pm
User Image

User Image

This lion grew up in the Makono-epesi, but he was not BORN in it! The fact he's patterned like a snake rather delights the Head Guard, simply because he himself is also reptile-patterned. Fun!

Prompts

1. You're a breeder! Some lions breed for looks in cheetahs, others go for speed and consider looks unimportant. Still others will go for a combination of the two. What do YOU look for in a cheetah you breed?

2. What do you think of breeders who abuse their cheetahs? One breeder in the most recent past was actually evicted from the pride for it! Would YOU do it, knowing that would happen to you?

3. The pride took a double-whammy from the plague that passed through a couple years ago and just as it was recovering a drought struck. While the crocodiles are VERY happy with what's been going on, what do you think of the problems the pride is currently facing?

[u][b][size=20][color=tan]Well they'd look GREAT together![/color][/size][/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b] (Lion's, not yours xD )
[b]Prompt #:[/b] 1/2/3
[b]Reply:[/b]

DraconisSiirexus (Sli Sapa) - p1  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:47 pm
User Image

User Image

This is one of the last post-plague leopards in the pride! He's had to watch friends and family die from the disease from a year or so back, and has now had to watch the drought claw its way through the pride's already-hurting numbers... Ouch.

Prompt: Answer the following questions in RP format of his thoughts on this all:
1. How has the loss of numbers in the pride effected him?
2. How does he think they need to increase numbers?
3. How does he feel about being a pack animal, lugging water for the race tracks for a 'wet' race?

[u][b][size=20][color=brown]My mind is running...[/color][/size][/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b] (Leopard's, not yours xD )
[b]RP Reply:[/b]

CaliWolfe (Kuishi) - p1  

LongestPassMule

LongestPassMule

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:48 pm
User Image

User Image

This girl loves to have fun! She also loves to run, just as much as many of the cheetahs in the pride! When not racing, or practicing for racing, she loves nothing more than to play games!

There will be a total of three games a day for this girl for the duration of the contest, each one garnering you points! At the end, the person with the highest number of points wins!

Game 1 - Dice!
Every day, come in here and roll one 6-sided dice. What you roll each day is how many points you gained from the dice roll! smile Only roll ONCE each day!

Game 2 - Trivia!
Each day, I'll post a trivia question. It could be about anything, from the Makono, to other prides, to SoA in general, Gaia itself... Or something entirely unrelated to Gaia! The first person to answer the question CORRECTLY will get 5 points.

Game 2 Guess That Image
Every day, I will come in when I can, and post a section of an image. It could be from anything! That's your job to figure out what it is! The first person to post the correct answer will get 10 points!

Remember to post the following form with the first dice roll! You only need to post it ONCE smile After that, you can just blurt answers or roll dice xd

[u][b][size=20][color=gray]I can keep up with her, I swear![/color][/size][/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race name:[/b]

SilverLutz (Binticheshi/Game Changer) - 25
DraconisSiirexus (Dhimi Jhebra/Tiger Horse) - 29
Puhterodactyl (Mbio'mwedo/Underfoot) - 18
Chimerical Beast (Acadia/Lucky Streak) - 41
ChaosTheories (?/?) - 30  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 6:16 am
User Image

User Image

This little cub was born into the Makono-epesi not long ago! Incidentally, the litter is the first cheetah litter since the rains returned(The ORP in the pride forum is a bit old and drawn out... xd ; )! His mother is the cheetah Epona, owned by Annchen OOCly and the lion Grinsen ICly(Grinsen is owned by SilverLutz). He has two siblings, a sister Oriana(Racename Trump Card) and a brother, Yalla(Racename Lucky b*****d). The siblings are owned by Innocent_Hybrid and Pearlyblue, respectively smile Their father, Mael, owned by Club Snails, is a rogue and not a member of the pride!

The rules here are simple - Just pop a linked banner into your sig for the duration of the contest, and post every day that you're advertising smile You have two forms to fill out here - One for your first day advertising, and then a second one to post every day after that smile Simple, yes? ^^

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kh5f384][img]http://tinyurl.com/krxd2hp[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kh5f384][img]http://tinyurl.com/mxurz9u[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kh5f384][img]http://tinyurl.com/kaevvty[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kh5f384][img]http://tinyurl.com/n3jmn68[/img][/url]

User Image

[url=http://tinyurl.com/kh5f384][img]http://tinyurl.com/l7u9z3g[/img][/url]

[align=center][b][size=20][color=hotpink]I've begun to advertise![/color][/size][/b][/align]

[b]Cub's name:[/b]
[b]Racename:[/b]
[b]If new ranks open up for cheetahs, will you want him to change ranks?[/b] (This is just for my own curiosity xD )

[u][b][size=20][color=chocolate]I've advertised today![/color][/size][/b][/u]

Raffle list

1. DraconisSiirexus
2. ChaosTheories
3. ChaosTheories
4. DraconisSiirexus
5. ChaosTheories
6. DraconisSiirexus
7. DraconisSiirexus
8. ChaosTheories
9. ChaosTheories
10. DraconisSiirexus
11. ChaosTheories
12. DraconisSiirexus  

LongestPassMule

LongestPassMule

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:44 am
I declare this open!  
SilverLutz rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 11:28 am
I can keep up with her, I swear!

Name: Binticheshi
Race name: Game Changer  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:18 pm
My mind is running...

Name: Kuishi
RP Reply: 1

Kuishi sat next to one of the stands, taking a well deserved break in his opinion. The day was hot, sun beaming endlessly, toasting everyone who was currently working on the track. Nobody was exhausted though, for water was plentiful nowadays. If you felt even slightly parched finding a source of water would take a whole five minutes of your time. And thus the days of relaxation continued as he liked to put it. The leopard enjoyed relaxing greatly, so the bountiful nourishment pleased him. It was not always like this though, as much as it pained Kuishi to say it. A little over a year ago the idea of being able to relax was impossible. Joy itself had been sucked out of the pride around that time. Everyone dying from disease... Everyone sick... It was true misery for everyone. True fear that had captivated him, distress that wore away the life of his precious family. No one was spared, save him and a few others who were immune. Whatever fun had thrilled his life before vanished as it took the victims lives. Through that time he often wondered how pride so full of life and promise was reduced to a mere handful of survivors? But answers did not come, only more misery.

He was more durable towards it the second time around. When the rains stopped coming he was a grown boy. An adult. Someone who could make a difference. During that time he did his best to provide. Not water for the tracks though, he wasn't so foolish as to waste the liquid he had collected. Instead he gave it to those who needed nourishment. To those who like him, were desperate to help, and to those who were young and were to survive too the next generation. One might ask why Kuishi bothered to try so hard? It was evident that he was cold and disinterested in everyone around him, so why bother saving them in the first place? Simply put Kushi didn't see it as saving them. He saw it in the eyes of a victim. He saw the drought as mother nature trying to destroy what survived, clean off her plate and start anew. But Kuishi was refused to let that happen. He refused to see another bunch of pride members vanish. Because as stated before he did not see it as saving the stragglers. He viewed saving them as if it was an act of revenge.

Now that the rains had become annual once more he did not feel useless. In fact he was treating his job as a sort of reward. There was no threat of death pouring water onto the ground, and so that was rewarding by itself. Kuishi also got the benefit of watching the races after he finished and was able to laugh happily when a foolish youngster slipped off the track. He was no longer concerned about the pride's ability to survive, for he had full confidence that it would last.

He looked at the sun and for an instance a small smile crept its way onto the grumps face. 'Ha.' He thought, 'just try and beat me.'  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:39 pm
Well they'd look GREAT together!

Name: Sli Sapa
Prompt #: 1
Reply: Sli proudly looks for speed, since he thinks the pride should up the game with the racers. Sometimes he looks for beauty as well, for her also thinks that they could win with style, so he is someone who looks for both speed and beauty, though isn't picky about either. (Shortest prompt reply EVER)

Name: Dhimi Jhebra
Race name: Tiger Horse
(I rolled here cause Gaia is being vile today.)

I've begun to advertise!

Cub's name: Voljeni
Racename: Heart Speed
If new ranks open up for cheetahs, will you want him to change ranks? Depends on the ranks  

Siire

Wealthy Wolf

5,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Profitable 100

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:46 pm
I've begun to advertise!

Cub's name: Farasi
Racename: Jackpot
If new ranks open up for cheetahs, will you want him to change ranks? Depends on the rank!  
Puhterodactyl rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)
PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:56 pm

Name: Mbio'mwendo
Race name: Underfoot  

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:45 am
I've advertised today!  
SilverLutz rolled 1 6-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-6)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:50 am
Rollin' at work owo

Total: 8  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Puhterodactyl rolled 1 6-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-6)

Puhterodactyl

Ghostly Friend

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:59 am
Rollin today!

Total: 6 pts  
[OOC] Events [OOC]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items