Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Anime Convention

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you go to AMA-Con?
  Yes!
  Nope
  Gold :p
View Results

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:25 pm
      For those of you who don't know, yesterday I went to AMA-Con in Amarillo, Texas. It's a steampunk, comics, and anime convention. I stayed for about 3 hours and I bought some really cool things, which I will show you later.
      There were some amazing cosplays, almost all of which I recognized. I saw Akatsuki members, Black Rock Shooter, Yuuki Cross, Togapi, Ciel, Sebastian, Grell, Sailor Moon girls, and LOTS more. I didn't cosplay this year, but next year, I will.

Pictures :3

1 2 3 4 5

Okay well, if you live in this area of Texas, then I do recommend coming to AMA-Con next year. It was worth the $5 entry fee and there are all sorts of tournaments and contests you can enter. It's nothing compared to Anime Expo and Comic Con, but this is as close to an anime convention as you can in this part of Texas without having to drive a really long time.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:04 pm
That is so amazing whee
I'v always wanted to go to some sort of A-con~
Haha, I'd just hang out and stalk my favorite characters XD  

kanxiaru

Hunter

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:40 pm
Elyralith
That is so amazing whee
I'v always wanted to go to some sort of A-con~
Haha, I'd just hang out and stalk my favorite characters XD

That's pretty much what I did. I mostly stalked the people who's costume I recognized. xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:43 pm
The_Mistress_Of_Music

Lucky~
Look at all of that merchandise XD I live in a pretty small town...and the only anime con. that we have is, well, pretty small XD  

kanxiaru

Hunter

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:54 pm
Elyralith
The_Mistress_Of_Music

Lucky~
Look at all of that merchandise XD I live in a pretty small town...and the only anime con. that we have is, well, pretty small XD

I don't actually live in Amarillo, I live in a small town about an hour away and this was the closest one. Ama-Con wasn't very big actually. There were probably only about 2000 people there, which is kinda small compared to Comic Con, and Anime Expo.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:23 pm
The_Mistress_Of_Music

I don't actually live in Amarillo, I live in a small town about an hour away and this was the closest one. Ama-Con wasn't very big actually. There were probably only about 2000 people there, which is kinda small compared to Comic Con, and Anime Expo.

That is so cool biggrin
I like in Oklahoma lol.

I mean, Comic Con and Anime Expo are the main ones the U.S. has. I hope I get to go to one of them someday~  

kanxiaru

Hunter

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:57 pm
Elyralith
The_Mistress_Of_Music

That is so cool biggrin
I like in Oklahoma lol.

I mean, Comic Con and Anime Expo are the main ones the U.S. has. I hope I get to go to one of them someday~

Yeah, same here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:15 pm
That's so awesome! emotion_bigheart I went to Anime Central in May; I love a great convention. biggrin  

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:40 pm

I'm going to Youmacon this November.
I'll be cosplaying as Nyarlathotep from Hayore! Nyarko-san.
... I need to start working on it, actually. Anyone got a good place to find checkered fabric? Or a good grey wig?
This is what she looks like, by the way.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

☆ Word Games

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games