Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:37 pm
Meepfur

She'd adapted to the pride in due time with her grandchild.

The femaler once called Mioyo knew at one time... She had pain, and regret, but now, no. Never. She was home and safe, and warm. So warm and content, for leaving a burned swamp to a mountain, but, for all there was here... It was peaceful. She had a son and a dear friend, and her grandchild to rely on. No prides, no.... Stress.

Peace was grasped easily here. So perhaps a new name helped her cut the pain of losses and sorrow and embrace a future. Athena groomed her paw and stretched warmly, and looked around at the area. Perhaps, now settled fully, she should be polite and meet someone.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:47 pm
User Image

As had started to become her habit, Jhulsa was spending her afternoon reclining on a high rock near the base of the mountain, one that gave her a good view of the surrounding area - and, more importantly, of anyone who happened to be in said surrounding area, doing whatever they were doing. Going out to hunt, coming back with or without game, doing all the little things everyone did from day to day. It was all utterly fascinating to her.

Neither your typical rambunctious cub or spoiled royal brat, she was content to observe rather than run amok; she was not, however, antisocial by any means. She was quite polite, though she didn't quite make it to 'warm and friendly.' Accordingly, when a red lioness passed by, the juvenile said simply, "Hello."

NovaCracker

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:01 pm
Meepfur

Athena had not expected company, so quickly, but when it came, it was welcomed gladly, Athena turning to her with a smile as she bowed her head in greeting.

"And hello to you, as well, today. How are you today?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:15 pm
"I'm fine." Jhulsa paused after saying this, considering her answer after she'd already given it, but ultimately deeming that it was correct. It did accurately describe how she was, moreso than something 'good,' which would have been too strong for the emotionally-neutral youth. "And you?"

That was what she was supposed to say, and it was very rare that she did anything other than what she was supposed to. While she waited for a response, she licked the bottom of her paw and used it to smooth out the yellow tuft of hair on her head. Even at this young age, it was long enough to get in her eye, which never failed to be annoying.

NovaCracker

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:37 pm
Meepfur

Athena watched intently, mostly reading her behaviour out of habit before smiling, bowing her head.

"I am well, thank you. And what are you doing today, may I ask?" She smiled. Good manners were... Tricky... But important. And this youth was very polite-- she appreciated that.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:39 pm
"Watching," she answered matter-of-factly. "I like seeing what everyone does, it's interesting. Would you like to watch, too? I've asked the other cubs before, but they always get bored."

It was a pity, because she did like the company, and to talk about what she saw.

NovaCracker

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:50 pm
Meepfur

Athena mulled the idea over, then smiled, nodding.

"I would like that." She finally answered, gently. "I'm still learning sometimes. myself."

Not just how the pride worked-- not always... But how to live normally. Life without any lives in her paws.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:31 pm
"Good." There was a hint of enthusiasm in her voice, and a smile ghosted across her features. "Mother says we're always learning. This is how I like to learn, watching and listening. I hope you don't mind if we talk while we watch."

Without waiting for confirmation, she continued to speak, "You've been outside." Outside, of course, meaning the world at large. Being an adult, this lioness had to have spent time there, whether on a quest or otherwise. "What's it like? What did you learn?"

NovaCracker

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:00 pm
Meepfur

"Not at all. I'd enjoy someone to talk to." Athena sat, watching others go about their daily lives. At her question, the large lioness closed her eyes in thought.

"I was born outside, long ago. My pride... Well, they fell out of favor of a god, and he scattered many and killed others. I fled... The world isn't easy, I won't lie. There is pain and sadness, but good as well." She smiled softly. "Some are kind, some are cruel. There's plenty of others to meet... And not everything is good. Not everyone believes in the spirits. For some, knowing of the Spirits is fine. Others hate needlessly those who would speak of them. It's... Less peaceful too. Less.. Safe."

She opened her eyes, mind mulling over the cubs she left behind. Not all young, either... But some dead of cruelty, others hunted...

The lioness felt pain from those lost the most.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:23 pm
"Mother told us that Grandmother Pili did that, a long time ago. I think someone must have done something really bad, but no one knows, and Grandmother won't tell me." Judging by the frown that pulled at Jhulsa's expression, this was very vexing to her. "I'll find out, though. One day."

"Thank you for telling me what you learned. I'll remember it."

NovaCracker

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 pm
Meepfur

"Sometimes adults don't talk about the things that hurt them. Sometimes they do." Athena looked to Jhulsa gently.

"If it is meant to be learned, it will come with time and patience. As for the Outside, I'm always happy to tell stories if you like."

It was... Nice to have someone interested in them.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:38 pm
"It can't be a secret forever. No one can keep a secret that long." She'd get it out of her grandmother someday, or find someone else who knew. Someone who'd tell her. It bothered her not only that it was a secret, but that no one else seemed bothered by it. Weren't they even curious?

"I'd like that." Before there could be any stories, though, Jhulsa squinted at a pale shape in the distance. "Oh, I think my sister's back from hunting. Maybe you could tell me a story tomorrow?"

NovaCracker

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:00 pm
Meepfur

"That does sound vexing. But remember to ask nicely." Athena rose to walk with her, a warm smile on her maw.

"Perhaps tomorrow I'll tell you what I heard of a desert pride tomorrow with lions as big as I. and bigger!"

It would be a good story for an eager youth, and she smiled.

"You'll be safe, then?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:08 pm
"I already did. But I'll try again." If asking nicely didn't work...well, maybe she'd have to ask another way, or when she was older. She'd do whatever it took! In the meantime, she would learn whatever other things she could, including things about desert prides and giant lions. "I'll be here tomorrow. I'm always here."

"I will." No cheerful 'promise!' that some cubs would have spouted, just a level statement as she stood and stretched.

NovaCracker

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:21 pm
Meepfur

Athena nodded appreciatively, deciding that this one-- she was mature, and Athena would treat her as such.

"I look forward to seeing you tomorrow, then." She smiled. "Sleep well."  
[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff