Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:59 pm
...by the fact that I'm now legally able to purchase my own swords and other shiny, pointy things at the renaissance festival this year. emotion_dowant
The merchants are gonna freak the hell out when I start touching things (since they have signs up saying don't touch unless you're 18 or older), and I'm just gonna whip out my ID like a badass and be like, "Betch! Hand me that there sword!" xd

I already know one thing I want fo' shizzles:
http://www.thepirateship.com/index.php?option=com_tienda&view=products&task=view&id=4&filter_category=2&Itemid=60
I've had my eye on that beast since last summer. I've always wanted either a Kris or a Flamberge; something with the wavy blade.

I'm debating whether or not I also want a Naginata. I guess it'll depend on what they have at the time, and how much it's going for.

By that time, I should have $400+ to blow on whatever the hell I want.

I'm also considering getting a hat from this really cool shop this year, too:
http://www.blondeswan.com/4.1/Scripts/default.asp
Either the witch's hat in forest green, or one of the steampunk/victorian hats in brown or black.

So many choices! emotion_drool  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:18 pm
I don't know how into dragonscales you are but...
I know the woman who makes these she made my older brother a pair for helping her set up her etsy razz  

Sick Until Sunday

Shirtless Player

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:35 pm
Badass. The weapons dealers at medieval fairs are always one of the best parts. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:05 pm
Sick Until Sunday
I know the woman who makes these she made my older brother a pair for helping her set up her etsy razz
*Drools* Those are awesome! eek

They look like they'd scrape the skin really badly, though. Is there a thick underlayer of leather or some other material?

I got this really cool chainmaille choker several years ago, and I love the way it looks, but it irritates the skin pretty bad. I don't wear it very often because of that...  

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:17 pm
Zphal
Badass. The weapons dealers at medieval fairs are always one of the best parts. 3nodding
I know, right?

At our local festival, the pickle merchants are some of the most amusing characters. Last year, there was this guy just kind of drunkenly shuffling ahead of us with his hands tucked away in his pockets, and we were passing by one of the pickle carts at the time... The merchant shouts out super loud, "Oy mister! Get yer hands out o' yer trousers an' wrap 'em 'round a REAL pickle!"
The guy just glanced back at him with a "WTF?" look on his face.
... rofl I almost died laughing.
Of course, I've had more than one of them make lewd comments to me about how I should stuff one of his big, juicy pickles in my mouth. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:23 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Zphal
I know, right?

At our local festival, the pickle merchants are some of the most amusing characters. Last year, there was this guy just kind of drunkenly shuffling ahead of us with his hands tucked away in his pockets, and we were passing by one of the pickle carts at the time... The merchant shouts out super loud, "Oy mister! Get yer hands out o' yer trousers an' wrap 'em 'round a REAL pickle!"
The guy just glanced back at him with a "WTF?" look on his face.
... rofl I almost died laughing.
Of course, I've had more than one of them make lewd comments to me about how I should stuff one of his big, juicy pickles in my mouth. xd

Omg, that's pretty hilarious. Role-playing at its finest!  

Zphal
Captain

Shameless Humorist

24,750 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Guildmember 100

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:29 am
I've always wanted to go to a Renaissance fair... or even the Pirate-oriented festival they have around here. Maybe some day soon I'll officially make that dream come true. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 1:27 pm
Hiddochi wolf
Sick Until Sunday
*Drools* Those are awesome! eek

They look like they'd scrape the skin really badly, though. Is there a thick underlayer of leather or some other material?

I got this really cool chainmaille choker several years ago, and I love the way it looks, but it irritates the skin pretty bad. I don't wear it very often because of that...
the scales are on top of a knitted piece, so its really soft and cozy razz  

Sick Until Sunday

Shirtless Player

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Sick Until Sunday

Shirtless Player

7,700 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:12 pm
http://www.etsy.com/listing/87989030/scalemail-goth-choker-collar-in?ref=shop_home_active  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:39 pm
We missed going last year but we're going this year.

I like the costumes heart  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

Lady Lagomorph

Wheezing Bunny

25,075 Points
  • Very Thankful 25
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:06 pm
Love all the swords and stuff at Renn Faire. The hats are awesome, too. My Renn Faire outfit cost me like $10, pieced together from a trip to our local Salvation Army store, and then I went and spent more than my entire outfit at the first booth in for an awesome cloth hat that went well with my look. Couldn't help it.

My brother and I are excited because he's finally old enough this year to try the alcohol. lol Neither of us had the money to go last year.

Sick Until Sunday

Also, those are gorgeous. I want them. I want them badly.  
"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games