Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply :[ The Fifth Age ]:
[PRP]A Push in the Right Direction(Porter Pastela Lannister) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:14 pm
User Image
User Image

In front of the door of Pastela's home, Porter stretched out. The male was watching his young half-brother playing in the garden that he and Pastela had worked so hard to finish. It had taken a lot longer than originally thought to finish cleaning it and replanting everything after Porter had brought Lannister home. Porter smiled at Lannister, he loved his brother more than anything in the world.

At the moment Lannister was quietly buzzing around beside the plants, that the young boy could easily imagine was the forest. Quiet, it had been that way for a while now. After Lannister was finished parroting words, he had stopped talking. He wasn't mute, it was more like he had learned all the words that he needed to know and now only spoke when he had something important to say.

Porter admired the garden, it was like his and Pastela's child as well with how much they had labored over it. Porter blushed at the thought, though it was hardly visible. Lannister turned around and stared him straight in they eyes, and the bright blue eyes of Lannister sparkled at his older brother before going back to his play. Pastela had been all too gracious to host him, and got way more then she probably had expected when he brought home his younger brother. Porter would not have been able to do all that he had set out to do for his brother without her. She brought in the experience that Porter did not have, and they had made a pretty good team.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:01 pm
User Image

Pastela walked out from behind the house, where she was working on another garden bed; this one would be for cooking herbs. She rounded the corner of the house and paused, seeing Porter and the much younger Lannister out in the front. Wiping the dirt from her hands onto her legs, she walked over to Porter and took a seat next to him.

"Anything interesting while I was gone?" She looked up at Porter with a smile on her face. She looked over at Lannister and shook her head a little, watching the boy. At first she had been worried when the child had suddenly grown quiet, worried that something had caused him to grow mute as her daughter had been. But, when it was discovered that he was just a child of few words, her worry had subsided.

She wouldn't deny that she felt as if the two were almost like family, and she had grown very close to Porter in the time that he had been there with her. However, as time continued to pass she found herself more and more worried that once Lannister was grown Portor would move on and she would be alone again.

A shadow shifted under one of the trees and Pastela corrected herself mentally; almost alone. She did still have her spiritual wolf companion with her.

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:00 pm
Porter shook his head slowly, "No, I've just been watching the kid play," he responded in a laid back manner. "How are things going on the other side, are your ready to come in?" the male asked her. Porter hadn't known what she was up to, but seeing her hands, which still had a small amount of dirt on it, and he knew exactly what she had been doing. He felt bad that he hadn't been helping her, he tried to help her out enough to pull the weight for all she had done for him. Honestly, he was relieved to just relax and watch Lannister this afternoon.

Lannister looked up when he heard the familiar sound of Pastela's voice and touched his feet to the ground as he lightly ran over to where the two adults were sitting. His golden flop of hair shimmered as he ran. The boy smiled, he always enjoyed seeing the two together. The love there was undeniable, and they both loved him. Pastela was Aunt Pastela to him, but Lannister knew better then that, she wasn't really his aunt. The red child waved in welcome to Pastela before climbing onto Porter's lap to sit there. As much as the child loved to play, he loved physical contact even more.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:11 pm
"Well, I've got the rocks in place for where the bed is and I've pulled out everything that's already there and disturbed the soil enough. I should be ready to start trying to get cuttings to take root soon." Pastela smiled brightly, taking pride that she could grow anything she needed now. She did feel bad that she was declining Porter's help with everything, but at the same time she did feel that it was her project and that Porter shouldn't have to help with that. Besides, he had his brother too look after.

And speaking of Lannister, Pastela beamed brightly at the child as he ran over to them. "Hello Lannister, are you having fun?" She felt so much joy seeing the two brothers so close and couldn't help but think of her own older brother. She missed Raziel, but he had his own family to worry about, as did the rest of her brothers.

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:20 pm
Porter smiled politely.Even from the times he had helped her he hadn't picked up on any of the gardening vocabulary, he only knew what he had seen done, even even then he didn't know what to call it. Porter hugged his brother tightly as Pastela addressed the child.

Lannister nodded vigorously with a huge grin, before pointing out all the plants in the garden. They were the same plants that had been there as far as he remembered, but it didn't make it any less fun to travel through them like an explorer. He was always very careful not to ruin them though, that's why he flew instead of stomping his feet.

"I would say that's a yes." Porter smiled. "Well, it sounds like you've been working up a good sweat... are you hungry or thirsty?" He asked Pastela as he began rocking his brother. "Hey Lannister... are you ready to play inside now?"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:33 pm
The grin on Pastela's face widened when she saw Lannister nod his head. She prided herself in the fact that her garden was growing, but took even more pleasure in the fact that the child loved to play in it. She would need to speak to Porter later about an idea she was having, on hiding little trinkets around in the garden occasionally to give the boy something fun to hunt for.

"I'm a little thirsty, yes, but mostly just ready to relax for a bit. I'll make dinner in a bit if you and Lannister don't mind waiting."

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 7:42 pm
"Pastela..." Porter chimed with a tilt of his head, "you don't have to make dinner for us, let me do something every once in a while." He paused for a moment, "my cooking isn't that bad is it?" Porter teased her with a grin. He shifted Lannister to one side of him and held him with one hand and used his free hand to push himself up, his hand brushed Pastela's and the cocky grin faded. It was hard to bottle up the feelings he harbored towards the female. It was hard not to feeling anything after bringing up a child together, and after everything she had done for him too. Porter was thankful that his blush's were the same color as his skin, even if he was feeling hot, she would never know any better. As long as he held his composure together, the hard part. "Uhm..." Porter froze, before shaking his head, "Sorry I forgot what I was doing for a moment." It didn't really make it sound all that much better. "Here, let me help you up." The pae offered his free hand to Pastela.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:01 pm
With a laugh, Pastela shook her head. "You have your hands full enough with Lannister, you shouldn't have to worry about cooking as well." She watched him push himself up, thinking of how much he had changed as well as how easily she considered him as part of her own daily life.

His hand brushed hers and she instantly felt electricity jolt through to her stomach. She wished so hard that he didn't have that effect on her, knowing how hard it would be to say good bye when he left. Forcing her smile to keep from wavering, she reached up and slid her hand into his, feeling the gentle warmth his touch offered.

"Thank you."

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:06 am
Porter dramatically sighed, knowing there wasn't much of a chance that he was going to win this. Lannister was as old as Porter was when he started wandering away from home on his own, he certainly didn't need Porter watching him like a hawk. The wilwarin did that more out of enjoyment of watching his brother being innocent then anything else. "I could do it." he said in a stubborn, childish manner. He was only teasing with the attitude. Porter helped pull her up and then walked into the home, setting Lannister on the floor, "Go get some of your toys buddy."

Lannister narrowed his eyes thoughtfully at the two other pae, they were so silly. As he was set down on the floor, he took off like a rocket to get out of there and then slowly meandered to the toys. He picked up one for each hand, two crudely carved 'animals' that Porter had made for him. Lannister took to wing as to be extra quiet before making his way back to the room and peeking his head around the corner to see what he was going on.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:29 am
"I didn't think I ever said you couldn't." Pastela knew already she was being teased at, and as she was pulled up she stepped into him and gave him the tiniest of kisses on the cheek; one that would be considered polite and friendly in normal cases. "Still, just the fact that you offer is enough for me, and I don't mind the cooking."

She let go of his hand and walked beside him back into the house, then laughed as Lannister took of light a lightning bolt. "What a busy boy..." A furry form followed behind them as her companion entered into the house; Lykaon. The wolf followed Lannister quietly, doing as he always did with the child and keeping a protective eye on the child; he'd grown very attached to the boy.

Pastela watched her companion slink off and shook her head with a chuckle, then headed into the kitchen. "If you really want to help, I suppose I can let you peel or cut some vegetables."

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:38 pm
Porter froze. It had just been a normal kiss, it meant nothing, but to Porter it had meant so much more. He had never experienced affection in that form from other pae before. Porter shook his head after the boy that had darted off, "crazy kid..." he laughed. The male followed Pastela into the kitchen, "Thank you!" he winked at her and moved to one of the counters.

Lannister looked over at Lykaon, "Shhh" he told the wolf as he clumsily held a finger to his lips, the other fingers tightly holding the toy. He watched as the wolf's appearance changed as he moved further away from Pastela. The faerie child moved into the entryway so he could watch the adults in the kitchen. He shook his head and sighed, he had seen the kiss, still the two cowards didn't know any better. They were meant to be, Lannister just knew it in his stomach. Happily ever after, and all that stuff. They just needed a push to see what he saw... Lannister glanced at the wolf with a mischievous grin in his eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:02 pm
The fact that Porter froze up like that wasn't lost on Pastela, and she felt her cheeks turn more pink than normal. "Sorry, I over stepped. I won't do it again." She gave an appologetic smile, not wanting to do anything that would cause him to leave sooner than he would eventually.

Pulling out one of several baskets from the shelves, she took out potatoes and then pulled out a knife and set them on the counter with a bowl. "Here, you can help me by pealing these for me. Just don't cut yourself, promise?"

Lykaon's ears perked up at the child's antics; he already knew that Pastela felt strongly for the two of them and he personally adored the child. Stepping up behind Lannister, he sat down and peeked around the corner as well to see what the child was so curious about. Seeing the quick kiss, and then noticing the sudden gleam in the child's eyes, the wolf placed a paw over his muzzle. Oh dear, what was this child up to?

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:46 pm
Porter gave a helpless look to the back of Pastela's head, he didn't want it to stop. Even if he knew that he blew them out of proportion. He wasn't ever going to say something like that to her though so he turned towards the potatoes and began peeling them. "Promise." he agreed. "Potatoes huh? What are you planning on making?" he asked conversationally.

Lannister narrowed his eyes at Lykaon and shook his head. He hoped that the wolf wouldn't be a fun killer. He made a "shhh" sign at the wolf again before setting his toys down and flying off to one of the other rooms. Lannister searched around for a while, poking his head in and out of things until he found some rope. He carried it over to his toys and set it down. Lannister looked at the wolf squarely in the face, hoping he might cooperate with his scheme. Lannister pointed at the wolf and then his rope, then pointed at the adults and made a whirly sign and looked at the wolf with hopeful eyes.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:33 pm
"Well, I have a large rabbit that Lykaon was able to catch from the garden, as well as some herbs. I figured something simple like mashed potatoes to go with the meat?" She looked over at him with her head tilted. "Unless you're opposed to it, then I can try something else for tonight."

Lykaon stared at the child as he dug around for a rope. With a sigh, the wolf shook his head as he realized that this child was clearly going through some major plans of some sort. As the plan became clear, he shook his head and snorted: he was a wolf, dammit, not some kitten to be chasing a string around!

Kira of Flames

Hilarious Elocutionist

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:33 am
Porter shook his head, "I'm a guy, I eat what's put in front of me." He laughed as he continued to slice away at the potatoes. "Ah! Erf! Mmmm!" was suddenly shouted as Porter pulled his hand back towards himself defensively. The pae inspected his wound, "Guardians, for a little scratch you sure sting!" Porter muttered to himself.

Lannister had turned away from the kitchen to start his silent debate with the wolf, and hadn't even noticed what happened. He gave the wolf a surprised expression and quickly nodded his head yes. Lannister then narrowed his eyes at the wolf, clearly laughing at his plan with a snort like that. He repeated the hand signs for his plan, with more demand this time. Lannister was being quite stubborn about this, and needed a partner in crime.  
:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff