Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] I Was This Way Before (Roshan x Ghubari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:28 pm
Roshan was not sure why he decided to go back toward the Pridelands again. His cubs were there, yes, but he was supposed to be finding himself a mate to take home to his own pride. What did he expect to find in the pridelands? His cubs' mother was quite happy in her pride, and would not quite fit in with his own pride. He guessed that his not being able to find what he was looking for was just making him lonely again or something. Or perhaps he had gotten turned around somewhere along the way and back tracked. The male was not sure what explanation there was for his paws carrying him back toward the pridelands, but he certainly needed to get them in check.

Roshan sighed to himself and flopped on the ground, sending up a dust cloud as he did so. His paws hurt, and he had to stop himself before he actually went into the Pridelands again. He really needed to let his cubs grow some before he appeared to visit with them again. They could not grow up thinking he was going to appear every few months to see them, because once he had a mate he certainly would not be able to do that. Spoiling the cubs would not make their lives easier, even if he wished he could.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Ghubari had been back within his home lands for quite some time now, happily living his day to day life with his mate in two. But today, Haziel had slipped away from him, using his family visit as an opportunity to do a little hunting of her own. But he wasn't worried, he knew she would return. If there were ever a lioness who could handle herself out there, it would be Haziel.

Travelling home from his parents den wasn't a very long journey, but it was a journey all the same. As he walked he took the time to think of his future with Haziel, the cubs they would have .. the grandcubs they would have. Everything seemed so perfect!

Ghubari was so caught up in his own thoughts, that when he felt something rough catch on his paws, he thought nothing of it. Until that thing brought him to his knees, and made him eat a mouthful od firt.

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:31 pm
Roshan had closed his eyes and was just about to drift off right there in the open when he felt something hit him. And then he had something on top of him. The male opened his eyes and looked at what was laying across his paws. It would seem he had tripped a lion. "Umm... hello. I did not realize I was so easy to trip over." The male chuckled and rose to his own paws before helping the other up. That certainly had been an unexpected turn of events! He wondered if this was a Prideland lion, but the colors were very strange for that pride, weren't they?

Most of the lions he had seen were more tans and natural colors, with a few lighter colors thrown in. He had seen some others, but nothing quite like this lion. He was so dark with a pink mane! Roshan shook his head at the look of the other male. It just did not make sense to him that this was a pridelander. He could certainly be wrong, but it would boggle his mind if he was. The bright male checked over the other to make sure there was no harm to him. "I do hope you are well. That seemed like quite the fall."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 pm
It took him a minute to realize what had happened to him, but once he looked up and saw the fluffy lion under him he was embarrassed beyond belief. Trying to scramble to his feet, he only seemed ot do more damage to the lion under him. Ghubari squinted his eyes tightly closed as he tried to calm his nerves.

"Yeah ... I'm sorry. I got lost in my own thoughts again, should've paid attention to where I was going.

Incredibly stupid! "
He growled the words as he accepted the other male's help. Dipping his head in a thank you as he rose to his own feet. Using his tail as a feather duster to remove some of his own dirt.

Upon standing he was finally able to get a better look at the male he'd tripped over, and it was only then that he wondered how he'd managed to not see him in the first place. Such bright colors! One would have to be blind to miss him! Granted, the poor male did have poor eyesight, it still didn't account for his total lack of attention.

"I-I'm fine, just a bunch of dust ... all over my coat!" His frustrated tone echoed through his words again, and he tried to get it under control.

"I'm so sorry for that ordeal, I hope I didn't injure you?"

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:38 pm
Roshan chuckled and shook his head. "I am fine. Do not worry about me. My hide is tough enough to take some abuse. Too much traveling will do that to a lion, I'm told." He grinned ruefully and helped the other brush himself off before turning to his own bright pelt. He was mostly dusty because he had flopped onto the ground, but he really should make himself presentable when speaking to someone else. The blue male was certainly a believer in proper ways to do things and being relatively clean while socializing was one of those proper things.

"Please relax and calm yourself. You are no more stupid than I for flopping down in the middle of an open space like this. I should know better, and I got what I deserved for being an idiot. What has you so distracted, anyway? Something you are willing to share?" Roshan would try his best to calm Ghub down and perhaps talk to him more. Company was a nice thing that he seemed to be getting plenty of lately, even if it was not the type of company he would have rather had. He really needed to get himself on that whole mate thing pronto.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:47 pm
Ghubari tried his best to look comfortable with the male's words. But he really wasn't, there was no excuse for him to not be watching his step. It was inexcusable, simple as that! His shoulders were tense as he fretted over what exactly the male was thinking about him. Because surely there was more to him than what Bari's eyes could see.

"Ah well to that I can not attest, I don't do much travelling myself. After my parents took me in ... I stayed and never left home again." Nodding his head in the direction of the den he'd come from, he chuckled.

"Please! There is nothing wrong with lying in an open space - in fact isn't that what they're made for?!" Ghubari's voice began to rise in worry as he spoke, he really needed to reel it in.

"Distracted?!

Oh, well I was just thinking about my mate, and some things my parents had said while I was visiting them. I guess they hit me a little harder than they should have."

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:20 pm
"Ah, mate and family distractions, got you. I know what you mean about family, mine isn't around me to tell me things to make me worry, but I still do. I spend so much time thinking about what they WOULD say if they were here, and what they would think if they knew this or that or the other thing. I certainly understand the distraction that causes." Roshan hoped the other male would calm down a bit more. The almost panicked sound of the other's voice was a bit worrisome. He did not think himself a scary lion so it bothered him to hear that tone from the other.

"I do not really have a choice about traveling... until I find a mate to take home, I am not allowed to return." Roshan really had to find a better way to say that. It always made his pride sound like a bunch of jerks when he said it bluntly. Oh well, what was said was said now. The bright male would just have to try to smooth what he had said over some. "I just happen to be bad at finding a good female to be my mate so I have to travel a lot."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:27 pm
Ghubari sighed so loud, a gust of wind blew right over to the male's mane and twisted a few strands into curls. Could the other guy tell he was stressing? Because he was totally stressing! Though perhaps not about the guy himself, so much as the entire mate and family situation. Things were just getting crazy! He'd thought he was prepared to start the rest of his life, but as he got further into it, he found himself questioning things, and worrying a lot more.

"Yeah, its really tough. I usually know how my family is going to react to things, but I never expected the reaction I got tonight. I mean I guess it was a good reaction, but it still has me spooked a bit!" Finally Ghubari was able to laugh, though he felt bad for the male's life. Not being able to see his family, it must be a pretty tough life.

"Well then, it sounds like you better get a move on! I don't know how you can do it, to be away from my family would be the end of me for sure." Ghubari heaved another sigh and patted the other male on the back.

"Just hang in there buddy, i'm sure your perfect lady will show up when you least expect it." Pausing for a moment, he smiled faintly and finished up. "Trust me, it happened to me."

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:52 pm
Roshan nodded and sighed. "Oh I know, but I've been at this for some time and I am really starting to miss home. I thought it was all fun at first, but really, I want to just go home and rest my paws. Have a family and just stay in my pride's lands for the rest of my days. I guess all this world exposure is just making me grumpy." It was not the traveling but the having cubs that was making him so depressed. He wanted to spend time with his cubs but he did not want to ruin their lives, and eh, he just was all around hating himself at the moment.

"I should quit taking up your time and get moving again... I still have a mate to find before I get to go see my family. Perhaps my sisters will have missed me enough to not tease me when I get home. Heh, I doubt that." Roshan laughed at himself and wondered if any of them really missed him. He was sure they did, but did they even expect him to come home anymore? Likely not. They probably had written him off as a failure or worse dead. He stretched and prepared to start on his way again. "Good luck with your mate, and your family... and perhaps we shall cross paths again some day."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:16 pm
Ghubari could think of nothing to add to his new friend's story, other than the occasional nod of the head. His story seemed rather personal, and while interesting, was not meant to be butted into by another.

As the male stood to leave Ghubari shook his head free of the lull in conversation. "Oh, but you aren't taking up my time!" He commented, trying to assure the male that he wasn't being a bother. But it seemed he was having none of it. Which was completely understandable given the circumstances.

"Well I wish you luck with that friend, and thank you for the many well wishes. May you have the same fortune, that you have blessed upon me and mine." Dipping his head in proper goodbye, Ghubari's tail flicked in boredom. Now that his friend was gone ... what was he going to do until Haziel returned?

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers