Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:02 pm
User Image

Drakma stood tall and proud for the first time in days.

He had finally made the decision to return home to his own lands, the ladsn bordering the Amazons. The lands he called home. He prided himself in being able to hold such a large territory, but he prided himself even more for being able to protect the females further in, from the dangers further out.

So far he'd been quite successful in keeping any would be dangerous figures from travelling too far into the pride's borders. Though he didn't do it from the goodness of his heart ... well OK maybe he did. But he had a bigger reason for doing it, his own daughters.

But ever since leaving on his little journey, he'd worried about the state of the borders upon his return. Would there be danger? Would someone have taken them over? Would everything be in disarray?

He tried to shake the ideas from his mind, but for some reason they would not leave. He would just have to hurry and get home, to find things out for himself.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:22 pm
Haziel was not sure what she was doing so far out from the pride other than hunting. She had just felt like traveling outward for a bit. Ghubari was busy with his family, so she was out here alone for the moment. The female had been chasing little things, rabbits mostly for the better part of the day. She wanted to hunt, but really she was too restless and playful to do much more than chase hares around. She would worry about getting something decent later after she worked off some of her childish mood.

Haziel climbed up on a rock and stood up on her hind legs like a meerkat, looking around her for signs of anything interesting to chase. Meerkats were actually quite fun to chase, but she would never actually try to catch one. She liked those little creatures a little too much. They were cute. While she was looking around she spotted Drakma not too far off, and looking a bit worried. She wondered if he was alright, so she called out to him. "Hello, stranger, is all well?"

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:11 pm
The words nearly fell on deaf ears as he thought back on his children, and his duty to their pride. He wanted to get back to them as soon as possible, but now he seemed to have gathered some attention. From the looks of it, another lioness from the Pridelands. He'd already run into one of them, though she was friendly she had warned that other's would not be.

From the sound of the other's voice, it didn't sound as though she meant harm. But one could never be sure, especially after a specific warning had been given.

Turning around, he tried to focus on her, but found it difficult to do so with the sun searing into his eyes.

"Um Hi?"

He commented, unsure of who he was speaking with.

"All is indeed well, I am just lost in my own thoughts is all. I'm sorry to have worried you!"

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:26 pm
Haziel stayed upright as she spoke to the male. It was easier to see him that way for now. If he got closer that would be a different story. "You look worried, friend." He might say nothing was wrong, but he did not appear as if he believed nothing was wrong. She would have to poke at him to find out what was going on in his head. Perhaps the lioness could help him. It was certainly more productive than chasing rabbits and meerkats around for fun, and it would make the meerkats and hares much happier.

"Is there anything I can help with? Need someone to talk to? I am sure the little creatures I have been dashing after for the heck of it would like a break." Haziel chuckled at herself and finally put herself back down on four paws, and even jumped off the rock, which likely made her a lot easier for the male to see. The sun in his eyes could not have been pleasant. The lioness padded over to the male, intent on offering some kind of assistance to this strange lion if it was the last thing she did!

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 5:33 pm
"I wouldn't say worried is the right choice of words ... perhaps anxious ... or excited maybe. But worried isn't a good choice for my current feelings." Drakma's mane blew across his face as the wind brushed across his body.

"But thank you for your concern, it is nice to know a kind stranger can still care for another stranger." Realizing that this conversation might take a while, he took the opportunity to sit comfortably on the ground. Curling his tail around his legs, he smiled contentedly up at the shadow.

"I don't suppose some company would hurt if you're open to it. I must be leaving for my home soon, but I see no reason I can't take some time to spend with a kind stranger." Nodding his head up to her, he watched as she jumped lithely from the rocks and down to his ground level. Her balance was very nice, if he did say so himself.

"My name is Drakma by the way."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:16 pm
"I am Haziel. It is a pleasure to meet you, Drakma. You are headed home, huh? I am not very far from my own home, but running off some energy while my mate visits family. I certainly can understand being anxious and excited about going home." Haziel sat down near the male, figuring that they would both relax and talk for a while. She liked this male already and that was certainly saying something from a lioness raised in war. She should have been suspicious and chasing the male off, but she got a good feeling from him. She would trust that feeling.

Haziel tucked her tail around her paws and smiled kindly at the male. "If you do not mind conversation, why were you away from home? Was it a good journey even if you wish it to be over now?" She could afford to be a little nosy for the sake of conversation, right? She certainly hoped so. It would be hard to keep company with the male otherwise. She really did want to see if this male was really alright or just pulling her tail to get her to leave him be.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:27 pm
Drakma flashed his signature toothy grin to the female and dipped his head in proper greeting. If he had been standing, he would have given her a full bow. But having since laid down, that was now an impossible task. "The pleasure is all mine, my dear." He assured her, waving away her pleasantries as though they were nothing.

"Ah see, then there lies our difference! I am quite far from my own home, it will take me many days to return to it. You are quite lucky to be so close to your's. I would give anything to be that close to my own right about now." Nodding his head matter of factly, he smiled as his children's faces flashed across his memory. Soon he would be near them again.

Adjusting himself accordingly, he took a deep breath before continuing his response.

"I was fulfilling a wish to a friend. But the wish is left unfulfilled sadly, as I could not find what it was she asked me to seek." Drakma's head sank low in disappointment, but he continued despite it. "All in all, I suppose it was a good journey. I met some interesting lions, and some not so interesting ones. But I don't believe I would trade the experience for the world. I just miss my children, and yearn to be close to them again. So, its only natural that I return home to them .. right?"

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:51 pm
"You have cubs? I envy you that. I hope that my mate and I will have cubs ourselves soon. I am quite far from my own family... my siblings and parents, but my new home here has a wonderful mate and a future that I am sure will be filled with lots of children." Haziel looked quite wistful for a moment. The idea of cubs was such a wonderful thought. She could not wait to give Ghub children. She was sure that he was going to be a wonderful father and just wanted to get to that all the faster. Thinking about him chasing down cubs in the den amused her to no end as well.

"It is a shame you could not find what your friend wished. Perhaps someday you will get the chance to do it again. I hope your friend understands that you want to get home to your children, though. Family is very important and cubs need their father around." Haziel really did hope that this male's friend would understand and forgive him his 'failure'. Maybe she was right and he would get to finish his task someday, but then again, he might not. His children were more important anyway.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:03 pm
Drakma made a strange face at Haziel's words, almost as though he were biting his lip and regretting his words at the same time. "Well ... I wouldn't call them cubs anymore ... they might have my hide for that comment!" Drakma chuckled at the idea of how Arenji would react to those words. She'd always been the most sensitive, about nearly everything. She would probably be quite upset to hear she was considered a cub ... he would never be able to admit to her, that she would always be a cub in his eyes.

"My children are all grown adults now, living their own lives and doing a fine job. But I still think of them as my little sweethearts" Drakma gained the same wistful look in his eyes that Haziel had bit a few moments before.

"It is definitely one of the greatest blessings I have ever known. I'm sure you and your mate will enjoy your little ones immensely when the time comes." Drakma nodded his head approvingly, not even giving his reply a second thought. She seemed like a caring soul, and caring souls always made the best parents.

"Oh, I wouldn't worry too much about her. She'll likely nag at me a bit, but she'll come around again. She always does!" Grinning from ear to ear, Drakma took a look into the sky and realized the sky was starting to lower.

"Oh dear, I hate to cut our meeting short, but I must get going soon. I had planned to be on the road by now. Please forgive me for being so abrupt." Standing to his feet once again, Drakma groaned before lowering himself into a proper bow.

"I wish you and your mate the best of luck with your future plans. May the pitter patter of little paws soon fill your den."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:42 pm
Haziel was rather sad to see the male leave. They had just been getting somewhere on a conversation too! Oh well, she would have to quit being nosy and let the lion get back to his grown cubs. She wondered if she would be like that when her cubs were grown, still thinking of them in terms of cubs rather than grown children. Hmm, she probably would. "It is a shame you must hurry off... but I do hope you have a good journey." She rose to her paws again and started for home herself.

Haziel could go see if Ghubari was home from visiting his family yet and perhaps they could spend a nice evening together in the den. On her way back to the pride she spotted and chased down an antelope that was looking worst for wear. The thing had a broken leg, so she was doing a service by hunting it and taking it home to her mate for a meal. This had certainly been a good day for the lioness and that was always wonderful.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas