Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[BACKLOG] Sharing is Caring (Aya x Vodnitvar)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:13 pm
User Image

Food. Food was delicious. And food was very, very hard to get. Aya panted softly as he watched another hare dash off before hanging his head in defeat. Without his sister he was rubbish at hunting. Normally they would pair up and use Mica's cunning to catch a nice meal, but she was ill and it was all on him to get them some dinner. So far he was doing miserably. The large wild dog sighed, before putting his nose to the air and taking a deep sniff. His tail lifted sharply as he caught the scent of water, and he took off in the direction that it was coming from.

He slid to a halt beside a large, deep pool. He could see a few fish swimming around, and he breathed a sigh of relief. For some reason, he was very good at fishing. The stupid animals would always swim to his legs and hover right at the surface of the water. Not that he was complaining, of course. He moved into the pool, the water moving up to his chest almost instantly. He waited and watched as the dinner with fins began to swim over to him. He held very, very still before plunging his head into the water. A fish was in his jaws when he came up, and he tossed it over his shoulder onto the land. He waited again, and about five minutes later he had a nice little pile of fish waiting for him. It wasn't enough for his sister, though, so he continued to wait.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:27 pm
User Image

The smell of fish caught his nose before the wild dog's scent, that must have been a testament to just how hungry the male was. He stomach had grumbled as soon as the smell had hit his nose. And soon he found his feet walking towards it as well. Being alone and on his own for so long was proving to be rough not only on his joints, but also on his health. He found himself only able to catch the prey which were often disregarded by the pack due to illness.

Soon he found himself upon a clearing, a large pool of water set out to the side. A huge pile of fish staring at him with temptation, their beady little eyes pleading with him to eat them ...

But he couldn't. He knew they weren't his, and he wouldn't allow himself ot steal a hard earned meal from another. Instead, he was rather curious how the individual had caught them. Looking around, he finally set eyes on the wild dog he'd smelled before.

"These your fish here?"

He grumbled, his mouth now salivating from the scent.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:45 pm
Aya's nose was so full of water and fishy smell that he didn't sense the larger animal coming. He was staring intently at the water still when he was addressed, and a startled yelp escaped his lips as he jumped. The fish that had been swimming around his legs swam away quickly as he splashed, and true to form, he lost his footing and went under. He came up spluttering for air, doing the doggy paddle back to shallow water. Once his feet could touch, he pulled himself up but didn't shake. Instead he looked at the lion standing near his food, and he had to try very, very hard not to whimper.

"Yes," he said as firmly as he could, although it wasn't very. There was even a hint of a whimper in it. The lion was rather scary looking, if he had to be honest, and had scars on his hind leg that let Aya know he was battle-weary and tough. He cleared his throat just a bit, trying to figure out a way to get out of this mess alive...and with his fish. "Uh...did...did you want some?" he asked weakly. Maybe if he let him have that pile he could go back to fishing in peace. There were enough fish in the pond...he'd be able to catch more. It would just take a bit longer than he had planned.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:56 pm
Voddy watched through winced eyes as the male went under, holding his breath until he came back up. It was only then, that he heaved a proper sigh of relief. Phew, he hadn't scared the guy to his death after all. He remained silent, despite his urge to chuckle at the wild dog's habits. He was a rather frazzled little thing if you asked his opinion.

"Huh? Oh no, no, I wouldn't take your hard earned dinner. I was simply admiring them. It's quite a catch for one so small."

Of course the male meant no offense by his words, he was simply stating the facts. The wild dog was much smaller than Voddy, regardless of how big he was in terms of his breed.

"You seem ill at ease. Did I startle you?" He grunted, trying to arrange his face into something less intimidating. "I didn't mean to interrupt your um .... fish .. ing? Please, go back to you what you were doing. I'd like to observe. That is, if you don't mind."

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:06 pm
The wild dog didn't take offense to anything the lion said, as he was too scared to do so. Despite his size, he was a rather timid pup, especially when larger animals were around. Then again, he was just as terrified of his sister as he was of rhinos or elephants, so there wasn't much to be said there. He glanced at the pile of fish, watching the few live ones wriggle the last bit of energy out of them. Fish always tasted better when they were fresh...

"Oh...um...I'd rather do it alone," he said with a weak laugh. That wasn't particularly true, but he didn't like having what was obviously a hungry lion watch him as he waded around in chest high water with his back turned. That was just asking for trouble. "There's lots of fish, though," he said quickly, nodding to the water. "And it's hot out so I don't mind being in here...um. If you want those you can have them. They taste kind of gross when they start to get hot, anyway..."

And hey, maybe if he let the lion have that pile, he wouldn't get eaten! That would be nice...of course, the lion could always eat the fish and then pounce him for seconds.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:18 pm
There was something off about this individual, but he couldn't quite put his paw on it. Was it really that strange for a lion to want to watch another fish? Vodnitvar couldn't think so, but then his entire life had been built around other's watching him perform on the field of battle. Perhaps his life was the odd one out, and here in normal society .. watching was frowned upon?

That was too much for the male to take in. All he wanted to do was learn a new technique, and here was this male - who knew such a technique, refusing to show him. He was far more interested in trying to push his fish off on the male. What was with this guy?

"Oh ... well that's a shame. I don't think i've ever tried this technique of your's ... and as you can see." Voddy turned toward his scars and frowned. "I'm not the most capable hunter these days, I merely though watching you would give me a fighting chance y'know."

Shrugging his shoulders, it was obvious to him that this male wanted nothing to do with him. "No, that's OK you keep them. I'll find something else on my way out. I'd like to say it was a pleasure to meet you, but we were never introduced."

Again the male shrugged his shoulders, this time turning and preparing to leave.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:31 pm
If Aya had any sense in him, he would have let the lion go. That was the smart thing to do, wasn't it? But Aya's brain whirred away, and he moved closer to the edge of the water with an ashamed look on his face. "Wait! Wait...um..." Okay, Aya, deep breath, you can do this...

He pulled himself out of the water, his ears back and tail tail in a submissive state. He offered a weak smile before clearing his throat, trying to ready himself for this encounter. "I'm Aya. And um. The fish just kind of swim to me but...I...I can show you if you want." Because hey, if he taught a lion to fish, maybe he'd be more interested in eating what was in the water rather than what was on the land. He could be saving himself here!

"I don't really have any technique...I just wait for them to swim up and then move really fast, and I catch them. I um. If you want I can show you," he added sheepishly. "Sorry. I'm just. A little nervous around lions." They were so big and mean...could anyone really blame him? He didn't think so.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:41 pm
The male's confused calls, hit Voddy's ears rather quickly and he paused in his tracks. He wouldn't turn unless he was offered the chance, intruding into someone else's space wasn't in his tastes. He was a war general, not a war lord.

Hearing the male's name, Voddy made it a point to turn around slowly. That was when he noticed the male's posture. Yep, Vodnitvar was definitely the problem here. Though he had no idea how to make himself appear any less threatening. His scar should be more than enough! It showed weakness, not strength! At least, that's how he would always look at it.

"Aya is it? I go by Vodnitvar." He smiled once again, showing teeth accidentally. But he quickly hid them once again and approached the male to pat him gently on the shoulder. "I would be in your debt if you would be so kind as to teach me." His statement wasn't far from the truth, since leaving his pride the male had become a sack of bones. Nothing more to it, he really needed to get some meat back on him, and fast.

Finally Aya admitted what Vodnitvar had only just himself realized. "Thats quite alright. Personally i'm a little fearful of wild dogs who can catch that many fish on his own!" He rose his voice slightly in happiness, while pointing towards the large pile to his right.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:50 pm
Aya froze as Vodnitvar came closer, and he had to tell himself over and over that the light touch hadn't been to see how meaty he was. The lion was showing all friendly signs, and he was sure that if he had wanted to eat him, he'd have done so by now. There had been more than enough opportunities for him to have caught him. The next comment made Aya laugh weakly, and he nodded just a bit. "Right...um. Well. Just...lay there and I'll show you how I do it."

He motioned next to the pile of fish, adding a quick 'and help yourself' before wading back in the water. He got about chest deep once again before he stopped, glancing over his shoulder. 'You want to get deep as you can...but not so your feet can't touch. And then you just wait. The fish swim over and...ah...then you stay very still..." He let his body do the rest of the talking. He was quiet for a good minute, tracking the fish with his eyes, before his head darted into the water as the fish swam closer to his chest. He lifted his head in victory, the fish flopping back and forth in his mouth. He tossed it over his shoulder to the pile, a little smile on his face.

"And...that's it."  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:29 pm
Voddy nodded in acknowledgement to the male's request. Sitting quietly on his haunches, he watched as Aya swam out into the water, all the while listening to his words. There was no way this technique was as simple as he was making it out to be!

But as he continued on through the tutorial Voddy realized that perhaps it really was that simple.

As Aya finished up, Voddy stood up on his feet and tried to be his best to applaud him for his efforts.

"Alright, now let me try." He mumbled, slowly making his way towards the water to give this fishing thing a try.

SilverLutz

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers