Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:34 pm
User Image

Vodnitvar growled to himself as he paced back and forth across the paved path, his pacing had created. He was annoyed, enraged, and above all ... miserable. But he'd had to do what he'd had to do. All these new rumblings within the pride, they were driving him mad. Fireheart was forced to listen, and act diplomatically, though he was expected to act the same. His opinions were far from what one would consider diplomatic.

Which is why he was out here, all alone pacing holes in the ground. He'd needed some time to think. To clear his head of all the stress going on around him. But all he'd found was his own misery. His guilt at leaving his children in that disaster zone. And that's exactly what it was, a disaster zone.

Heaving another sigh, he could feel the pain in his joints beginning to flare up. This would normally be the time where his mate would step in and fuss at him. But she was not here, he was alone. He would simply have to fuss at himself this time.

"You shouldn't have allowed your pain to get this bad. Better sit down before Fireheart finds out."

Grimacing at his own words, the male looked around for a place to sit. But there didn't appear to be anywhere comfortable for him to do that.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:09 am
Roshan had been traveling quite a bit since seeing his cubs born and weaned. He had not wished to take any with him outside of their mother's pride, but had let the female know where he was from if they wished to know. He was not sure if they would remember him by the time they grew up, but he certainly knew their mother would tell them about him. IF any of them wanted to search him out, he was more than willing to meet them. He had given her the warning about females and his pride though.

Roshan hoped it would be sons that sought him out and told him that their sisters wished to meet with them rather than the daughters... he just did not want the kind of drama his pride would cause over him not demanding the girls become banus at that point. The blue lion was of the opinion that his children were better off where they were. The lioness had wanted a family and he gave her that. She was a capable mother and a wonderful member of her pride. The male on the other paw was still on his quest to prove he was a useful member of his own pride, so it was best this way all around.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 12:16 am
Vodnitvar was lost in thought, but there was absolutely no way a strange scent was going to get by him. As soon as the scent hit his nostrils, the fur upon his back stood on end. His teeth curled into a snarl, and his claws unsheathed. Squinting his eyes through the trees and debris around him, he tried to focus in on his target. But so far, there wasn't a figure in sight. Just a smell, obviously male, obviously lion.

Raising his nose to the air, he tried his best to catch hold of a location. But the best he could do was tell he wasn't far off. Clearing his throat loudly, Vodnitvar boomed a call as loud as he could.

"I know you're out there, make it easier on both of us and reveal yourself."

His voice was gruff, and really loud, though it got his point across rather easily.

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:22 pm
Roshan had smelled the other male, and been aware of where he was. He had not thought it important to call out to the other for he had not thought himself being really quiet or sneaking about. It had never really occurred to the young male that he might be missed by the other or startle him. Ah well, what was done was done, and the male would just have to make his presence a bit more obvious than it had been earlier. "I did not realize I was not revealed, my apologies, sir." The male stepped firmly into the open and nodded to the older one.

Roshan hoped the male was not angry about the accidental sneaking, but at the same time, he had other things to worry about. He needed to keep his mind on what he was supposed to be doing. Finding a mate to take home was important and his thoughts of his cubs were also important, at least to him. He had so much on his mind and he thought it all quite important. He should worry more about his family back home, but they were fine, protected by the pride, or so he thought.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:36 pm
Vodnitvar's muscles heaved a sigh of relief at the male's quick complacency. He hadn't been expecting one to give in so easily to his demand, especially here with all the drama going around. But that wasn't to say it wasn't an immense relief to have him do say.

"Apology accepted."

He nodded curtly to the male, thankful even more for his respectful nature.

"Ah, a courteous stranger, not very often one comes across those is it?"

Vodnitvar tried to offer the male a laugh, but it came off rather awkward and unpleasant.

"You look a little preoccupied. Why not have a seat, traveling on a busy mind can lead to many dangers friend."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:18 pm
Roshan stepped closer and took a seat on his haunches, watching the other male with curiosity. He was happy to have a friendly reception even if it seemed that this male was not used to giving such things. "Courtesy is a must when dealing with others. One can only be expected to be treated as well by others as one treats others oneself. It is a shame that we do not often come across those that realize this." He moved his paws in the dirt and made a little indent in front of himself. His paws were getting a bit sore from traveling again.

Roshan should know better than to travel so hard, but he always did it. He pushed himself beyond his limits or at least to their edge over and over. He must be a glutton for punishment. "I find it best to think while walking rather than sitting still. My paws do not like being still when there is much on my mind. I need to DO something when I think on things." The male gave his paws a stretch as he explained his reason for traveling with a full head.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 3:31 pm
"I don't think I could agree with you anymore than I do at this very second." Voddy mused, nodding his head as he spoke. "I am trying to instill such beliefs in my children as they grow ... along with a few others." Voddy paused thinking of his children as they grew up. "I think my mate and I have done a fine job with them."

Clearing his throat he listened as his companion continued. He could understand where he was coming from, though it didn't mean his decision was right. " I can't argue with you there, I prefer to pace when my mind is ill at ease. But its definitely not the best thing I could ever do for my body. My mate, she's always lecturing me not to pace. But my mind, does what it wants. I just have to pay the consequences later." Laughing his hearty laugh, he tried to decipher what exactly could be bothering him.

"So what is it that troubles you into walking aimlessly? Perhaps getting if off your chest will help with the resolution,"

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:00 pm
Roshan sighed to himself and turned things over in his head again. There was so much between his ears that it could be hard to sort through at times. Putting it into words was an interesting task. He did not want to say something stupid, so he had to get things straight in his mind before he started spewing it forth from his muzzle. "Children... children are such a blessing. I hope I get to see mine again some day, perhaps I will go visit them once everything is settled. So much to do, though, so much to do."

Roshan looked down at his paws and huffed a bit. "I have to find a mate to take home to my pride and I just cannot find a female that is good enough and wishes to be with me. I have managed to make one female happy by giving her a family to keep her company in her pride, but that does not change my duty to my pride that I am failing at miserably." The bright male wondered if he sounded like a jerk or a good lion right now. It was hard to tell what he sounded like to the other male, but he hoped it was not too bad.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:16 pm
Whatever he had expected to come from the other lion's mouth, it wasn't what actually came out. Though it was fine, he had invited such a gesture and now the other was taking him up on it.

"Indeed. In all my life I never saw myself passing on my legacy, I viewed children as a hindrance. But then I met my mate, and she convinced me that my life wouldn't be complete without them. Now? Well, now I can't picture my life without them in it." Vodnitvar frowned at the male when he admitted he hadn't seen his cubs in some time. He couldn't see himself living that life, not now that his children were real. "I hope you get the chance to do that then." His words were mumbled, though still audible. He was trying to be as quiet as possible to not disrupt the rest of his explanation.

"I wouldn't worry yourself too much about finding the right one. Your heart seems very much in the right place, and eventually a nice young thing will realize that. My guess is you won't have to wait much longer." Pausing for a moment, he did little more than shake his head in rejection of the male's words. "I know a thing or two about failing your pride, and while I do not know your pride, I can not see you failing them by trying to find the right girl." Patting his paw gently, Voddy continued.

"Just keep doing what you're doing. Things will work out for you in the end."

Kathryn Dragonna

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:35 pm
Roshan nodded his agreement to Voddy. "I have always known I need to find a perfect mate and have cubs, but I never imagined I would be leaving any behind. It was for the best, though. They have a wonderful mother to look after them, and now she has a family in her pride to keep her from being lonely." The young male was having problems keeping his paws still even as he spoke to the older lion. He wanted to be off again as he was not getting his searching done. It was the way of youth, to be impatient.

"Perhaps you are correct, but I will not get back to my pride until I find a mate, and I miss my sisters if nothing else. I should get back on my way so that I can find a female to take home." Roshan gave himself another stretch, listening to things pop as he did so. "I hope that your children are not too hard on you, sir, and that your mate knows she has a good male." The male did not wait for a response as he headed off. There was much to do, and somehow this other male did not strike him as the sort to be overly pissy about the abrupt departure.

Depawsit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas