Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:35 pm
User Image

It was earlier in the evening when Calypso left her den in search of another. Her new rank had given her much to think about, and after a talk with Fatimah she'd decided to act on it.

She smiled and nodded to those she passed, trying her best to keep her nerves from showing. It wasn't working out well. Calypso's normally languide movements were jerky at best, and her legs were prone to twitching. Should she go back? That wouldn't help, she knew it, and backing down wasn't like her, but maybe this one time...

Her paws stopped so close to Akairo's den, and seemed to have frozen stiff. Turmoil showed on every inch of Calypso's face, and no matter how many deep breaths she took it wouldn't go away. Go, don't go, go, don't go, walk, turn around....Ugh!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:04 pm
Painted Moose

The red Scout heard the soft shuffling of paws outside his den and smiled. With so many friends and children of friends – some of whom had grown up to become close friends of Akairo’s as well – he had quickly learned to always expect company. He jumped up and moved to the mouth of the den, a big smile already in place. Maybe it was one of the younger kids from Samawati’s adoptive litter.

“Hello!” he said jovially though his smile faltered when he saw Calypso. Both Samawati and Rei had started poking him regarding his relationship to the orange lioness and he knew he needed to talk to Calypso soon… you know, when he got the nerve to breach the subject. He’d die of shame if she told she just wanted to be just friends. Actually, shame would probably be the least of his worries. "Oh! Hey..."

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:14 pm
Mogami

That smiled should have been illegal, or at the very least, it made Calypso's heart stop. She looked at him like a prey beast caught in a trap. "Hey." She said at length, and gulped, shifting nervously from one paw to the other. "Akairo...I...We need to talk."

At that moment she wished she had half of Fatimah's nerve. The little spitfire of a lioness wouldn't let nerves stand her in way. What if he said no, though? "...about us." Oh yes, smooth girl. You'll definitely keep his attention with that one.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:31 pm
Painted Moose

Uh-oh. Talk? Was that a good thing? Most males seemed to believe that when a female wanted to talk, trouble was sure to follow. Could she be breaking up with him? Wait... were they even going out?

“Ah… well…” he smiled sheepishly and then sat down, a physical sign that he wasn’t planning on running away from this conversation. “I’ve been thinking about the same thing, actually.” Where to being? Should he just let her speak first? She had been the one to approach him, after all. “Let’s talk, then.” Coward. This was the first time in his life where he feared taking a step forward… and this was a lion who’d chosen to fight in the war as an adolescence.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:15 am
Mogami

Okay, well, at least he wasn't going anywhere. That was good...right? She almost wished he would get called away so this little scenario could wait another day. "Oh...really?" Huh, well, jeez. Calypso dared not hope he was about to tell her what she was going to say to him. What if he wanted to see other people? What if he already was? What if she was prettier, younger, already had cubs- She shook her head.

"We've known each other for as long as I've been in the Pridelands, and gradually our rela- we've gotten closer." Smooth, girl, now if you could stutter a few more times you'll have him in the bag. Why was it so hard just to spit it out? "I..." She took a deep breath. "I love you Akairo, and forgive me if you don't feel the same, but I...I just needed to tell you. You're this amazing, upbeat being that I never expected to exist, but you do, and now I'm babbling..."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 2:03 pm
Painted Moose

Oh wow, talk about timing. Akairo now felt somewhat guilty that he’d made the orange lioness confess first. She even used the L word which probably wouldn’t have been his first choice but was nonetheless, very much accurate to describe the red lions feelings as well.

“For a moment there I was afraid you were going to say you didn’t want to see me anymore…” he looked so relieved that it would be impossible to confuse his emotions. The male moved forward lifted one paw over the lioness shoulder blades in order to pull her closer – something he’d wanted to do ever since they’d fallen after their failed attempt at sledding. “I'm glad you didn't because I can’t imagine life without you anymore.”

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:05 pm
Mogami

Okay, now was the moment of truth. He would either be cool with it, or she was going to have to move again. Calypso tried to keep her breathing steady, but at this point that wasn't a likely outcome. "Why would I..?" The look on his face was so serene that her words trailed off. Why was he relieved? Did he...did he?

Calypso visibly relaxed when he slipped his paw around her. It felt like coming home; a true home. She scootched closer to him, and could have purred. "..you really are a blessing." Calypso moved her head to brush her cheek against him, an action she had only dreamed of doing. "So, it's official? You'll...we're mates?"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 2:17 pm
Painted Moose

“We’re official.” Ajairo repeated, a little more serious now. He didn’t want there to be any confusion regarding his feelings for Calypso. “We should announce it formally, too. Samawati and Rei probably already expect it. A lot of others probably do as well.” He eyed her tenderly, his voice growing quieter. “I feel like a bit of a coward now that I made you say it first.” He brushed his cheek against hers in response to her gesture only then realizing how long he’d wanted to do that.

“A blessing, uh…?” Akairo grinned playfully, noting briefly how he had to lift is body a little in order to keep his front leg over the orange lioness. “I’ve been called that before but probably not for the reasons you’d think…” he let out a string of chuckles, his expression full of mischief.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:51 pm
Mogami

"Formally? In front a large group?" Calypso wasn't shy by any means, but she was more than awkward speaking infront of groups. Still, she nodded, knowing that Akairo's friends would need to be told, so why not do it in one go? "A coward?" Calypso grinned, closing her eyes for the entirety of his cheek caress, to wrapped up in the sensation not to. "I've been wanting to tell you since Kwende was a cub, so if either of us was the coward here, it would be me."

Calypso, too, seemed to notice the slight size difference and bent down to make it easier on him, all the while cuddling up closer to him. "Sir, you had my curiosity, but now you have my attention."

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 9:36 am
Painted Moose

“Well, not necessarily. We just need to let our closest friends know. I don’t any of them will be surprised.” He chuckled again, wondering how he could’ve been oblivious to her feelings (and his own) for so long. “I know Samawati and Rei will be expecting this.”

Her next words made him laugh and he grinned mischievously. The red lion’s voice dropped and rumbled deeply as he spoke.

“Oh, my lady. That is, perhaps, a story for another time.” Akairo laughed at is little deception. Rei’s mate, Mzuka, had often been glad for his constant attempts at baby-sitting her huge first litter when she’d been alone. Even as a juvenile, he’d felt a strong sense of responsibility towards the cubs his friend had left behind in the pride. He’d been playfully called a little blessing more than once but it was a far more endearing and innocent term that he was letting Calypso believe.

“Should we look for a bigger den, then…?” he asked suddenly with a bright
smile.

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:01 am
Mogami

Were they that obvious? She knew she probably was, but Akairo could have fooled her! Well, not really....maybe...oh jeez. "We can tell them later then, once everything has settled in. I need some time to take it all in." Calypso chuckled.

Oh. OOOH. Was he...? No, but..? That voice had been enough to send shivers up her spine. "I suppose we should, shouldn't we?" She smiled; Iro's own smiles were truly infectious. Then again, she couldn't look at him with anything other than a smile anymore. "Something with a view." Calypso pondered, more than a little giddy about the whole process.

She brushed up against him, and stood up, walking away with slower steps. "Come on, let's go! I don't think I can't wait anymore. My paws are itching for a den I can call 'ours' instead of 'mine'." Caly's smile widened. "Mated. I have a mate! You're my mate! And we...we're getting a den!"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 4:57 pm
Painted Moose
The End! Awww, they're sweet together.

Akairo chuckled as he followed after the orange lioness at a much slower pace than the one they’d used the day the pair had rolled down a hill. It was different, walking together side by side like this. He could see himself doing this for a very, very long time.

“Mates.” He repeated, his smile turning into a gentle grin. Calypso excitement was contagious. Their den was going to be perfect. Large, with a lake view – though perhaps not too close to water just to be on the safe side – and they go to sleep and wake everyday looking at each other’s eyes. Akairo sighed contently, brushing his side softly against his mate’s.

- FIN -

Mogami

Rainbow Cat

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas