Hiddochi wolf
Crew

Sexy Nerd

14,825 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:16 pm
I insisted on always using pen, even on math assignments.

Now, the superficial side of me says it's because pencils squeak while writing, the lead smears everywhere and turns my hand grey, and the friction of lead on paper makes the pencil a very sluggish writing implement (one of my biggest pet peeves is a slow writing utensil, but that's a subject for another day). Plus, I've been told I have a "heavy" hand, and I end up snapping a crapton of lead because of it.

The philosophical side says it's because I'm honest. With pencil, whenever the user makes a fatal mistake, the eraser gives that person a false sense of security in the fact that (s)he can merely wipe away their flaws and pretend like they were never there. However, those flaws and faults never go away -- the paper still sustains the indentations of what really existed there, despite the perfect facade on first glance. Pen is honest. It's bolder in its assertions; while ideas written by pencil can fade and change, the pen's ink is eternal lest water or white-out find it. Pen ink is also very diverse, suiting the user based on color, line thickness, and how quickly it dries on the page. When you make a mistake in pen, you may cross it out and continue on anew, always aware and unashamed of it. Why be proud of admitting your mistakes? Because you're a pen user, and that means you're bold, unique, honest, and true to yourself. You don't change based on how others want you to be. You don't hide your flaws. You're strong enough in your convictions to believe they deserve eternal life on everlasting pages. You're the leader of all writing implements.

And there ya have it: One of Hiddo's many quirks. xd

(inb4 Zphal or Ame changes every pen to "p***s." razz )  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:30 pm
*imagines the post with p***s instead of pen* XD

But I agree I like writing with pen better than pencil as well  

Mama Ame
Vice Captain

Shy Conversationalist

cool4

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 2:37 pm
The people I know that write with pen, instead of pencil, is because they claim they never make mistakes. Ego getting the better of them. Though it's true writing in pen typically means you are confident in your answer, the darker color of the ink shows you are likely to get a higher mark, because of readability.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:19 pm
For me, it really depends on what I'm doing on whether I use a pen or pencil. When I'm writing in my journal, I use pen. When I'm creative writing ((and not using the computer to put the ideas down)), it's hit and miss on whether I use a pen or pencil - just depends on what's available at the time. Even when I was in school, it was hit and miss on whether I used pen or pencil to write down notes.  

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:26 pm
They make erasable pens now, y'know?

I prefer mechanical pencils.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:32 pm
I prefer pens except when I'm working on my stories. I need to be able to make changes on those.  

Minnta Aloripma

Dangerous Storyteller

Prof. Moonie

Crew

Rainbow Nerd

33,240 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:22 pm
B1g_crunch

Ugh! I hate using mechanical pencils. Never liked how they felt when I tried writing with them... and I usually kept breaking the lead. xp  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:43 am
Prof. Moonie
B1g_crunch

Ugh! I hate using mechanical pencils. Never liked how they felt when I tried writing with them... and I usually kept breaking the lead. xp

I like them because I make mistakes in my paper and am not okay with accepting those mistakes and getting a lower grade. Also, the lead and erasers can be replaced when they run out, meaning I don't need to buy new pens or pencils.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

Mors Morza

Hallowed Foe

11,200 Points
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:48 pm
I use pencil since I spend more time sketching than taking notes.

I don't need notes - I remember everything without bothering.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:16 pm
I prefer pen as well, because I like the glide a lot better. :3 Also, I've had erasable pens in the past. They're amazing.

minus infinity

Fluffy Fatcat

"COS" ^Can O Spam^

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces