[Event] The Royal Play Date

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ThePridelands

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:23 pm
User Image

The king has decided that Tau needs a little education of the normal sort; play dates! Tau still knows next to no one in his new home, and so he is required to participate in this play date. Mattering on how it goes, the heir may have more play dates to attend. As this is the first one, everyone is expecting it to be huge. Some lions may avoid another giant crowd, others may want to get a closer look at the next king.

Tau is not too happy with this, as he is learning that not everyone woships the ground he walks on. He may make enemies (and/or allies!) within this meeting. You lion is free to act as they choose, so long as no physical harm comes to him. Adults are expected to linger around to watch the heir, but they may just discuss their feelings to one another, and not necessarily interact with any of the youngsters.

Quote:
Some Notes:

• Tau is heir, and he lets that get to his head. Though your lion may try to talk to him, he may not reply. Your lion can take this as a simple oversight to a snub, it is completely up to you. (Part of this is IC, and part OOC; I am not sure that I can keep that on top of replying to everyone)
  • There will be a rank available if you participate in this orp (nanny). If you aren't interested, just sit tight; there will be more!
  • Participate! Ranks that are normally earned through rp will be more easily available in this meta, mattering on a) how you participate and b) if you'd like the offered rank.
  • Any age may participate, though this is more aimed for cubs/juves, and adols/adults who are interested in becoming nannies. If you need a jrp for your already approved lion, this is a great way to get one.

----------------

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Tau sulked as he watched the crowds gather in the grassy area behind Pride Rock. Grandfather had decided that this would be a wonderful idea, and then promptly didn't show up. Tau's tutor from Tianxia was discussing things with the king, and so Tau was on his own. This unsettled him, and yet he saw it as a way to prove himself. He knew that not all the adults approved of him, and frankly, he didn't understand it. Didn't care. They'd have to listen to him anyway, right?

A sigh escaped his chest as he looked around, hoping that it wasn't all adult coming to scrutinize him. He got that enough just from his tutor, thank you. Deep violet eyes remained hooded as he quickly judged those that would approach. Useful. Lazy. Avoid that thing. Hm, not bad. There was so much for the juvenile to learn, and today he would see just what it was like to be a 'regular' Pridelander.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:07 am
User Image

Kyohaku had followed the crowd of lions with his family to probably something boring. His mother had said it was some sort of play date but she said that usually as an excuse. The mostly white lion cub groaned quite annoyed at this situation.

They had made it to a nice grassy patch where all the adults began to sit around. So he was right, this was another boring gathering of some sort.

Not if he could help it.

Kyohaku decided he'd approach that cub everyone had made a big deal about earlier.

"Hey!" He called out to the prince.  

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

The Captain Britain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 6:00 pm
User Image
Briac was not in a good mood. He was not supposed to be at a play date right now. He was supposed to training! How could Briac become the best scout ever in the pride's history for all time if he was sent to stupid play dates? The black cub sighed. Not to mention he was a little bit tired. The only acceptable excuses for not training were naps and meals. Briac was definitely in the mood for the latter. But his parents thought it would be a good idea to attend this play date. Briac didn't even understand why it was such a big deal. Tons of cubs hung out with the nannies together all the time. Why was one cub in attendance reason to make everything so special?

He parked his butt on the ground tail curled around his paws. Everyone was older than him too. And older cubs weren't as fun to play with. They didn't pay attention to little guys like Briac, and some were even prone to teasing. His frown turned into a pout. None of his siblings were in sight either. Briac knew that he could play with one of them, if he could find them. Until he caught sight of someone who seemed fun, Briac was going to sit here and be difficult.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:01 pm
User Image

Emrys had been simply ecstatic to find out that his Mother was sending him and his siblings on a play date. One could never get enough play! But then, she finished her statement and the cub's simple excitement soon turned to regret. A sinking feeling in his gut had formed, and he'd tried his best to talk his Mom out of making him go. But she was having nothing of it, gently nudging him out of then den and leading them to the new location.

Now here he was, sulking in a corner all by himself. If he stayed far enough away form the Prince, he couldn't embarrass himself right? Emrys' ears fell flat at the thought. The last thing he wanted to do was make a fool of himself in front of the royalty. He wasn't so worried about how that would effect himself, he knew darn well how many of the lions felt of his uselessness. He feared how it would reflect upon his family.

Glancing around, Emrys could do nothing but frown at the unfamiliar faces around him. Until he spotted his brother Briac sitting all alone as well. Ears now a bit perkier he leaned over as far as he could and began to call to him.

"Briac! Psssst BRIAC!"

The Captain Britain

User Image

Izzy as usual, had little on her schedule for the day today. She was meant to hunt, but as she soon found a large party had already formed to go for the day. She'd simply shrugged her shoulders and sulked off. Unsure of exactly what she was supposed to do next. That was when she'd heard the whispers, the whispers of random parents all excitedly chattering about sending their cubs to meet the new Prince.

That definitely caught her attention. A bunch of cubs, in one place, for a playdate? That just had disaster written all over it! She now knew exactly what her day was going to entail!

Around an hour or so later, and she was where she wanted to be. Front and center, watching the cubs frolic and play. Or rather, sit and sulk. It didn't seem like a single one of them wanted to be there! Izzy frowned, as she glanced from the Prince, to Briac and Emrys who she sitted for quite often. She wasn't surprised to see Emrys' reaction, though Briac's was definitely a bit unexpected. He was usually the type to jump right into a new situation such as this one.

She debated whether she should approach the little guy and see what was upsetting him so much. But thought better of it before her paw could fully make the first step. She'd wait it out, perhaps he was just a little out of his element?

User Image

Ryndir was a little late to the party ... as he usually was. But that didn't stop him from hobbling in all the same! His mother had set him and his siblings off a short time ago and unlike them he was jumping headlong into this play date. He wanted to run around and introduce himself to everybody! Get to know all there was to know about his home, and the lion's he shared it with! But as he stood there in the open field, it seemed he was the only one with any real interest for the event.

Ryndir could feel a frown forming across his face, and he tried his best to hold it back. Instead he fought back with an even bigger smile, and a friendly face. That was when he spotted the pretty white male, with the purple mane. He was pretty looking, and a bit bigger than he was! "Oohhh HEY YOU!" He called, tripping over himself as he picked up his pace to meet up with the lion. "YOU WITH THE PURPLE MANE!"

Alpaca Chobi

User Image

Mindra was playing a game with herself as she was dropped off for the play date. But she wouldn't tell anyone what it was, or even invite them to partake in it with her.

What was the game?

Simple! It was called - get the scoop!

And that's exactly what she intended to do! She'd heard the new Prince would be here, though she hadn't even a clue what he looked like. She'd been rather sick on the day of his introduction to the pride, and hadn't been able to attend. But as she scanned the crowd, she deduced one thing. He definitely wasn't going to be happy to be here.

She smiled as she watched a bright pink cub trip over himself in his effort to reach the purple haired male. He seemed rather excited about catching up with him ... could he be the prince she was looking for?

Excitedly, she dashed over behind the pink male. Anxious to get a glimpse of the Prince as soon as possible.

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:29 pm
Tau's face stretched out in a disgusted look. This was so stupid. So far, there was only one other youngster who was willing to talk to him...and it was definitely one of the stranger looking lions he had seen. The prince had spent most of his time with his grandfather and tutor, and so his eyes were only used to tan-and-brown coats. In some ways....his head fluff and tail tuft were mesmerizing, but Tau wouldn't let himself look too interested.

He gave a long look at some of the more active parties around him...mostly cubs, though there was a mildly terrifying looking lioness, with fiery markings that unnerved him. He....needed to get out more, less of Grandfather and his stupid tutor. Still a little unnerves, he turned back to the white and purple juvenile.

"....hello," he replied to Kyohaku, a slightly worried expression escaping from his control as her replied.

Alpaca Chobi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:19 am
User Image
((Reference of her items; the small spheres are dried seedpods so they rattle.))

They hadn't been there long, really. They'd been brought in by Nyuki, a very pretty lioness, and Kaimelar and her little family were still in the process of settling in. Imagine her surprise at seeing a large group forming, and a juvenile lion being the center of attention. The sandy lioness tilted her head, then giggled and trotted forwards, her steps accompanied by the rattling of dried seeds within their pods. And she certainly wasn't the only one attracted to the crowd!

A pretty youngling with a starry mane growing in that seemed friendly towards the young lion, a couple of boy-cubs with twisty markings upon their legs, a little pink-and-white boy, a girl with a pastel rainbow on her back, and a female around her age that...looked a bit like she was literally melting! She couldn't help but smile, reminded of where she'd grown up already; so much diversity!

She settled herself near the cubs, old habits from her days as a Mlisha in the Mwako'bi'Giza kicking in. Her tail continued to twitch a bit, each movement accompanied by the noise of a seedpod's rattle.

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

Alpaca Chobi

High-functioning Shade

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:25 am
Depawsit

Kyohaku's ears flattened when some one called out hey you with the purple mane. He looked around to see who exactly the voice could be talking too only to realize that he was one with a purple mane.

"Purple mane? I suppose that's me then." He stood proudly sweeping his head around to show what little mane hair he had. The lion was proud of it.

Safaia

A voice had him turn back around though.

"Hi!" He smiled back at Tau. "Want to go hunt bugs? I know that we're supposed to make a big deal about this thing or something... but thats boring. Lets go squash bugs," He eyed the rest of the cubs too. "Lets all hunt bugs!"

That sounded like a fun activity. At least to the purple maned lion.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:31 pm
((OOC: I'm not gonna do quote towers. xD I'll just bold names and whatnot))

Briac turned and nearly jumped for joy. Scratch that, he did jump for joy. Emrys was here! He was saved! But then again, he had not shown up alone. There, sitting across the play area, was his arch nemesis, his enemy, the very bane of his existence. It was Izzy. Of course the nanny had to show up here. Awesome. The day was pretty much ruined now.
No, that was not a good attitude to have. A scout would show courage and bravery in the face of adversity! Briac would need to stay strong now. It was for training and what not. He'd have to tell Erevu later on about how good he had been. Yeah, that was a good plan.
The black cub raised an eyebrow at Kyohaku's suggestion. Squashing bugs? Ha! "Bugs aren't fun! And they get your paws sticky." Not to mention there were stingers. If you weren't careful, you could squash a stinger or a biter, and then your paws would hurt for days. Briac once heard of a lion that was stung by a bug and then got all puffy. Something about allergies, whatever those were. "We should wrestle instead!" Briac said with a little growl in his voice. He bent down into a crouch and pounced at his brother Emrys with a little snarl, aiming to send them tumbling into the middle of the group.

The Captain Britain

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:32 pm
User Image

Ryndir heaved a slight sigh of relief as the older male turned towards him. Good! He wasn't opposed to talking to those smaller than him. Or at least, Ryndir has thought that, until the male quickly turned his attention away from him. Instead giving it to the natural colored lion his own age. The poor cub's run slowly halted to a slow walk, maybe he shouldn't approach them after all.

User Image

Panting heavily, Mindra finally caught up with the pink male. Thank you! She thought as she skidded to a halt at his side. Though as she smiled at him and tried to introduce herself she noticed his frown.

"Why so glum chum?"

She raised a paw to her mouth to cover the soft giggle that came along with that laugh.

"Sorry just having a little fun with you..."

Tilting her head to the left she tried to peer into his eyes.

"Hey! I saw you chasing after that guy up there, let's chase him together! He can't run from both of us!" Now giggling and grinning from ear to ear, she stepped behind the pink male and tried to shove him into action.

User Image

Ryndir's ears perked to attention again as the strangely colored female began to push him in the rump. "No its OK, I don't wanna chase him anymore..." The poor cub's ego was shattered, and all because of a little age difference ... or so he thought.

But this young female's attitude was persistant and she absolutely wouldn't stop pushing him in the rear!

"ALRIGHT-ALRIGHT! We'll go!" He giggled, trying to sound as serious as possible. Though the young girl made it quite difficult.

"LAST ONE THERE IS A ROTTEN EGG!" He yelped happily, jumping into action and easily clearing the space between himself and the purple haired male ... and his new .... friend.

"U...Uhm ... excuse me .... sorry to be rude ... but can we join you?" His meek personality began to shine through as he ushered a look at Mindra out of the corner of his eye. She was slowly but steadily making her way over to the trio,

Alpaca Chobi

User Image

It took a bit before Izzy realized another lioness had joined the playdate. A lioness who seemed far more prepared for the job ahead, all decked out in items that jingled and jangled as she walked ...

Why didn't she have those things?!

A bit jealous, but still friendly none the less, Izzy slowly made her way over to the female. Nodding her head politely as she approached.

"Mind if I join you?" She questioned, a friendly smile on her face. She took a glance around at the cubs one last time, before turning her back on them. It was only then that she noticed this lioness had a much better vantage point than she had originally had.

"You picked a good spot here, you can see all of them running around can't you?" She tried to laugh at her own little joke, but she really didn't know how to laugh. Being all work and no play, really wasn't doing her any favors.

Das Tor

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 12:17 pm
User Image
Kimball was soo happy that Mommy sent him his bubs to go on a play fight (Cus play date are for girls)! He was going to get better at his fighting no matter what. He wanted to be a great warrior one day and the only way to do that was to fight and get stronger. Yeah he might even play fight with the new kid. His mommy told him that there was something cool about that kid but he couldn't remember what it was about. So it had to be about play fighting. Why else would that new kid be soooo awesome. He look around for his bros and sis.
He saw gray fur and knew it had to be Emrys. He ran over to him but he trip and fell on Emrys. He got back up and shook his head. "Emrys watch where you going! If you wanna be a warrior one day like me you gotta be a better look out. Shes!" He said with a goofy look.

Znaruto

Dapper Humorist

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:57 pm
Tau's ears flattened. "I can't escape from this," he said unhappily. A little devious glint appeared in his eyes, however. "Maybe later though. What's your name?"

While he kept his eye on the white purplish male, he also began to size up everyone else that was here.

Then suddenly there was another white one in front of him. And pink. So very....pink. "Join? Why? I'm not...doing anything." Just sulking and being judgmental, that's all.

Alpaca Chobi

Depawsit

((so so sorry for the delay guys ))  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:34 pm
User Image

The poor cub had no time to react, before he knew it he was tumbling down to the ground. He managed to yelp a small squeal before his eyes and ears focused once more. That's when he noticed his brother Kimball lying on top of him.

"Oh ... i'm sorry Kimball, i'll watch out next time. I promise."

A small frown played across the young cub's face before he managed to squeeze his way out from under his brother. "I just didn't see you is all.

HEY!

Have you seen the new guy yet? Momma said he was here, but I haven't seen him yet. I guess I really should open my eyes more huh?"

Znaruto

User Image

Still pushing her new friend forward, Mindra sighed a small sigh, adding in a few small giggles in the process. "I had no idea you were so heavy! Boy, you don't look it one bit!" Finally the two managed to get into the group, and she could tell her new friend was a little shy.

Ryndir smiled sheepishly at the two males, his words not finding their way out of his mouth quick enough to answer the questions the other pout forth. "I .... you .... but ..."

Shoving her new friend out of the way, Mindra stepped forward and blasted the other's ears with her really excitable voice. "I'm Mindra and this is ... Ryndir! He's a little shy, but we just wanted to meet you two!" RIGHT RYNDIR?!"

Ryndir nodded his head slowly in agreement with Mindra's words, he was grateful she had been able to say what he had been unable to. But he still wished these older lions didn't scare him so much.

"S-Sorry, I just ... wanted to meet some older lions ..."

User Image

Safaia

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff