CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:14 pm
User Image

Nalani had spent as much of the day as she could bear to with her mother. Not that spending any time with Nivriti was painful per se, it was just she knew her mother wanted to talk about what had happened, and Nalani didn't want to go over it again.

Nor could she bear the looks of sympathy, and the attempts that her mother was making to comfort her were starting to feel cloying. So she took the news that Nivriti was going to spend some time with Althalus, her father, with some relief.

She took herself off to her quiet spot again, sinking to the floor in amongst the slowing wilting blossoms that she'd picked the day before. She pushed a couple of them listlessly about, carelessly crushing them with a hoof, the scent from them hanging in the air around her until the breeze took it away, stirring the petals on the ground around her.

Nalani wondered where her sisters were; she could use the company, especially as they would know to just sit quietly, or to talk about other things to keep her mind busy. But she was alone, and that meant she was lost in her thoughts as she lay curled on the grass.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:34 pm
User Image

Izefiah had gone in the direction that Elishevah had told him to go to find Nalani. He'd gone slow, but even then it didn't take all that long to find her. He went still, standing just out of her line of vision so he could watch her and not be seen.

She looked sad. That broke his heart even more. He couldn't bear to think that she was in pain over this. All he had wanted to do was spend time with her and his father had ruined that. She was such a kind, sweet mare. She didn't deserve this.

He hovered for a few minutes longer, afraid that she would turn him away without hearing him. What Autser had said to her was reprehensible, and he wouldn't blame her if she wished to never speak at him again. Still though, he had to try, right?

He began to take steps forward. He was still a bit wobbly on his legs but he made it over to her without much trouble. "Nalani...? May I speak with you a moment?"

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:58 pm
Of all the Soquilis she was expecting to approach her right then, Izefiah was the last in that list. What was he doing here? She stood hurriedly, getting to her hooves and showering petals on the ground as she did so.

'..' she opened her mouth to try and form some sort of polite excuse, a way for her to escape this conversation. But she couldn't think of anything, and instead just looked at the stallion, her expression full of pain as she did so.

'You may speak.' she said eventually, unable to think of anything else to do or say. She wanted him to go, she couldn't bring herself to ask him about that which his father had told her, and so she fell back on her manners to help her through this meeting.

Kaitaia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:38 am
User Image
She didn't want to be around him. It was painfully obvious to Izefiah. Her tone had gone polite, but cold. He only hoped she would change her mind once he told her the truth. Chewing on his lip, he gave her a small smile and ventured to speak.

"You look very lovely today," he started with, but once the words were out he regretted it. It would sound patronizing and as if he were trying to placate her with charms and pleasantries. That wasn't the case at all. HIs cheeks went a bit warm.

"I'm sorry, you probably don't want to hear that. I know you don't want to hear from me at all, but I need to tell you the truth, Nalani. I am not betrothed. My father lied to you because he is a selfish, prejudiced bigot." Izefiah scowled. "He felt as if you were not good enough to be my mate because you do not have wings."

CitrusCupcake

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:48 am
Nalani gave a little nod, not really believing what he had just said. He was just being polite, possibly laying the ground with platitudes before he came out with the same thing that his father has said. Maybe he thought he should have been the one to tell her, maybe he was going to attempt to explain why he had expressed feelings for her when he was already promised to another.

Whatever it was, she was sure she did not want to stay here and listen to it. She could not face further mortification, and so she started to say that he must excuse her, when he started talking once more.

The truth? That caught her attention, and she lifted her gaze from the ground, looking at Izefiah properly for the first time since he had approached. When he had finished what he had to say, and it was quite the mouthful, quite the bombshell, so much so that she burst into tears, her head turned away and down again, her mane falling in a curtain around her face.

Kaitaia

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:38 pm
User Image

When Nalani started to cry, Izefiah stepped forward instantly to console her without thinking of the concequences. She was upset, and he could not bear it. He nuzzled her neck soothingly and pressed his side against hers, covering her back with one of his spindly wings, all pretenses gone. He cared for this mare and it was time that he showed her.

"Please don't cry," he said softly. "I know how you must feel. It is a terrible thing, what my father did and said to you. He is not a kind person. He is elitest, and a snob. I am so sorry for what he said to you and for his true intentions. You do not deserve such treatment."

Izefiah nuzzled her again, pushing her hair from her face with his nose. "You must know that I do not have the same beliefs as my father. I never have. My best friend as a foal was a flightless mare, much to my father's chagrin. I in no way believe that you are below me or not good enough for me. You are perfect, everything that I have ever wanted."

"I have fallen for you, Nalani and I do not care what my father has to say about it. I want to spend the rest of my life with you. Please tell me you still feel the same."

CitrusCupcake

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:02 am
Nalani froze at first when Izefiah came right over, she'd never been touched this closely by a male, and she felt slightly panicked that it was inappropiate, given what she knew about him..but that was a lie wasn't it? Her head was in a spin, she wasn't sure for a moment if this was just another lie. She wasn't sure if she could face if he was playing her false again.

Through her tears, and some strands of hair that had fallen when Izefiah had pushed away her mane from her face, she looked up at the stallion, biting down on her trembling bottom lip, trying to master her emotions. She shook her head at first, finally speaking.

'This can't be real. Are you really here, really telling me these things?' she pleaded softly with him. It couldn't be true could it? That it was a cruel falsehood his father had told out of some misguided attempt to part them - that he was here in front of her, that he was not in fact betrothed to another, and that above all else, what he wanted from her was nothing less than what she had wanted from him.

She had to believe him..she'd known him longer, and she hoped that what she saw and heard from him was every bit as earnest and heartfelt as it seemed to be. She would believe..she would trust.

'Izefiah..' she said his name again, lovingly as before, the pain and heartache melting away like snow in the sun.

'I love you.'

Kaitaia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:00 am
User Image

When Izefiah had first moved over to stand beside Nalani, it hadn't occured to him that she might not want him to touch her. His only thought had been to comfort her. Now that he was beside her though, he realized that his touch might be unwanted. His eyes widened a little and he wasn't sure what to do now. He did not want to leave her side, but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable either.

His dilemma was forgotten when she spoke. "It is real," Izefiah assured her, his voice soft and much calmer than he felt. "I did not know what my father had said to you that day when you left. If I had I never would have let you go." He gave her a small, gentle smile and nuzzled her again. She had to believe him. He would never do anything to intentionally hurt her.

"Nalani..." Her name caught in his throat. Did she really just say those words? His heart soared higher than his wings could ever take him and he smiled wider than he'd ever imagined possible. "I love you."

CitrusCupcake

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:18 pm
Nalani had not moved before she had finally confessed her full feelings, and she wasn't about to do so now, though her face was flushed with blood and she was sure she would do something clumsy or silly, revealing her naivete and innocence in all things to do with males..well, not that had no idea of, well, the birds and the bees, she just had had no contact like this, and this was just a short embrace!

'How did you find out?' she asked, her voice full of the wonder of the situation, that everything seemed to have worked out in a way that minutes ago she would not have imagined possible. She had not seen Elisheva, so she as yet did not realise that she had her sister's persistence to thank for her current state of happiness.

She bought her head up to meet Izefiah's and softly 'kissed' her nose against his, finding herself just staring at him, still not quite able to take in that he was at her side.

Kaitaia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:52 am
User Image

All of this was rather new to Izefiah as well. While he had feelings for another mare, and would perhaps go so far as to say that he'd loved her, but he had never acted upon those feelings. All of their interactions had been the friendly, playful sort. Never had he tried to be romantic before. He was just as apprehensive as Nalani, worried that he would do or say the wrong thing. After all, it wasn't as if his father was a model example of how to be affectionate.

"I found out because of your sister, actually," Izefiah told her, his cheeks warming as she touched her nose to his. That seemed a silly gesture in theory, but it pleased him all the same. He smiled at her wider. "From what I gather, I didn't stick around long to hear the whole story, but apparently Elisheva found my father and called him out on his and mine actions. Guilt had been bothering him for some time, and he told her everything. Then they found me and told me the same."

"Elisheva is the one that brought me here." He smiled and gave Nalani another nose kiss. Yes, he liked those very much. "If it weren't for her, I likely wouldn't have known until it was too late."

CitrusCupcake

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 6:47 am
'Elisheva did this?' Nalani echoed her sister's name in wonder, her gaze didn't leave Izefiah though. She was indebted to her younger sister, and she would have to think of some way to repay her for all that she had done, though she was unsure quite what would be sufficient to express gratitude for being the one that secured her lifes happiness.

She blushed as his nose bumped against hers, her tail gently swishing, her heart feeling like it could break free and soar into the sky. A silly thought, but given that mere moments before she had felt the lowest she had ever felt in her life, it was an appropiate one.

'I owe her so much then. More than I can say. She bought.. she bought you back into my life.' her eyes were filling again but with happiness this time, her emotions high still.

'I want you to myself now..is that terrible? Selfish?' she said, smiling a little, her forehead wrinkling as well. She'd never really felt that way before, wanting to possess something, keep it close because she worried about losing it.

Kaitaia

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:57 pm
User Image

"She did. I owe her everything," Izefiah agreed. He would take none of the glory for their reunion. It had been entirely Elishevah's doing. He didn't know how he would ever repair his new sister-in-law. She had given him a gift, truly.

Noticing as Nalani's eyes teared up, Izefiah leaned over to nuzzle her affectionately. He thought he understood that the tears were not tears of sadness any longer, but he still didn't wish to see her cry for any reason. All he ever wanted to see on her face now was smiles and laughter, and hopefuly they would be caused by him.

"That isn't terrible," he assured her, his voice soft and gentle. "I feel much the same about you. I promise, I am all yours, for now and forever."

CitrusCupcake

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:06 am
'We'll find a way to repay her, though I know my dear sister.' Nalani said, blinking away the last of her tears. She would be happy, so happy. Each and every day. Well, maybe that was never possible, there were always unknowns and occasional vexations, but she would consider herself blessed every day. And loved, no matter what the future bought.

'She'll just shrug it off as something that she did because she could. Won't think she did anything extraordinary.' she smiled up at Izefiah.

Maybe..maybe they would name their first child after her. First child? It must have been the flush of new love that had made her leap to that thought so soon. She squirrelled it away, glad that her mouth hadn't actually engaged and spoken it out loud.

'I like that.' Nalani said softly, her shyness return slightly but she was determined not to let it rule her. After all, they were promised to one another now, and it was all very proper.
'I like that very much. I am yours too. But..but I think you know that.'

Kaitaia

PostPosted: Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:42 pm
User Image

Izefiah returned Nalani's smile and nuzzled her gently. Now that he was here with her, he couldn't help himself. They had pledged themselves to one another and it made him happier than he had ever been. She was his, and he was hers, forever and ever, every day in the foreseeable future. His life had never looked so bright.

"She might not think so, but it is a deed I will never forget," he said to Nalani, and he meant it. He would always have Elisheva to thank for bringing him such happiness. He was certain she would become as dear to him as his own sister. "She's become our personal hero," he laughed.

Izefiah went solemn for a moment when Nalani said that she was his. "I do," he agreed, a gentle smile crossing his face. "We belong to each other."

CitrusCupcake

Kaitaia

Anxious Star

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:57 am
'Yes, exactly that. It won't be forgotten. I'll remember everytime I look up and into your face, because I wouldn't be doing that without her..' Nalani said with a warm smile.

'Oh..Izefiah.'

She couldn't think of anything else to say. It was as if her full heart had shorted out her mind and tied up her tongue. All she could think of was how happy she was, how much she loved him, and how much she would love him every day. She wanted to make him happy, she wanted to be the best mate ever, and she wanted to keep his heart safe and close to her at all time.

A small thought occurred, one she hadn't been bold enough to speak out loud but now..she brushed her nose against his cheek, near to his mask.
'Would you..I mean..I'd would love to see your handsome face. All of your face. Please..'

Kaitaia

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces