Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[JRP] New Mate, New Den, New Pride (Haziel x Ghubari)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:09 pm
Haziel was not disappointed with what she had seen of Ghubari's pride so far. It was huge, much like her own had been, but there was no war, and there was no water separating part of the pride from another. Most of the pride seemed very nice, though there were exceptions to every rule. Unfortunately meeting more than a few faces here and there as she came in was cut short by having to get to the den to rest her sore paws. At least they had gotten permission for her to stay from the leaders. That was about all she could do before she found Ghubari's den and curled up with him.

Of course, now Haziel had rested and her paws were no longer sore. While cuddling Ghubari and having him baby her was nice, she needed to get up and do things. She was to be a hunter by the looks of things. With as big as the pride was, it made sense. They needed a lot of hunters to bring back food for everyone. It was a good thing Haziel knew a lot about how to hunt. She was quite proud of the fact that she could claim to have shown her mate a thing or two about the art of hunting. Hopefully she proved herself worth while to have in the pride, though. She was a bit nervous about that, but not nearly as much as about the idea of meeting her mate's family.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:20 pm
Ghubari ... like most days was being a lazy lump this morning. His loud snores could likely be heard from the next closest den, it was a wonder Haziel was even still around. One faithful snore, woke him with a start, and he shifted his paws as he quickly stirred from his startled sleep.

"WUZZAT?"

He yelped, looking from left to right quickly. He didn't quite know what he was expecting, but to see Haziel made his heart soar.

It hadn't been a dream.

Slowly his frightened expression turned to something more resembling a smile, and he purred gently as he nuzzled up against the wide awake female.

"Looks like someone is up bright and early. What's wrong? Is the den not what you expected?"

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:02 am
Haziel grinned down at her mate. His snoring did not bother her in the least, but apparently it did him! It was just too funny, and the lioness could not help the amused grin on her face. "You snored is what that was, silly." She nuzzled him affectionately and licked his cheek. "Everything is just fine, I just need to get out of the den. I want to explore the pride and start helping. It will not do for you to have a lazy lump of a mate that does not contribute to the pride, Ghubari." She knew that he was not too worried about that, but she wanted the pride to have every reason to want her to stay and no reason to kick her out.

Haziel was sure that after she met more of the members she would feel a little more secure in her position in the pride, but having just gotten here and spent so much time recovering from sore paws made her nervous about how others viewed her. It helped some to know that Ghubari was absolutely adoring of her. Who could ask for anything better in a mate? If she had asked it, she was pretty sure he would have done her every whim like a slave and not complained. It was a strange thought, and she would never do it. But it still made her feel special.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:39 pm
Ghubari rolled his eyes and waved a paw at Haziel's words. "Yeah right! I don't snore, nice try though Hazelnut!" Now full on purring, he pulled away from her with a goofy grin on his face. "I still can't get over the feeling I get when I wake up, and you're actually here. It feels like a dream to me!" His weird little confession was anything but false, and sometimes he had to pinch himself to assure he was awake. Bu this morning's actions did not require a pinch, he knew full well he was wide awake. For not even in his dreams, could he imagine Haziel fibbing to him!

Straightening himself out, the male shook loose his mane and rubbed his eyes gently to chase the sleep away. "You are far from a lazy lump of a mate, let me be the first to assure you of that." With a low mumble he nuzzled into her neck before gently licking her on the cheek. "But if you're so eager to leave, tell me, where is it we will go?"

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:16 am
Haziel chuckled at her mate's denial of his own snoring. He could deny it all he liked, but she knew the truth and that was all that mattered. She also was not bothered by his snoring, so it really did not matter in the end. The female actually found the sound of Ghubari's snores to be comforting. It reassured her that he was really there and was not just a dream she had somehow made up. The male was not the only one that had trouble accepting their good fortune as real at times. The female was just not accustomed to things working out well yet, and she probably would not be for some time.

"I feel that way too, Ghubari... if it is a dream, I never wish to wake from it." Haziel nuzzled her mate and tried to poke him up onto his paws. "I am a very lazy lump of a mate, I have been here all this time and done nothing but sleep and snuggle you. I should look around the pride more... and perhaps do some hunting." Hunting would be good, put some use to her paws for the good of the pride, and the good of her mate. She really needed to feed Ghubari more. He needed to get some more fluff to him.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:00 pm
The low hum of a purr began low in his throat, but was soon echoing along the cave walls. Ghubari was so happy in that moment, it was so incredibly hard to explain. But with relief, it seemed he would never have to. Haziel had the exact same emotions he did about the trail of events that had reunited him with his mate. Though they were strange, he wouldn't trade the struggles he'd gone through to find her, not for anything in this world.

"Then I say its a very good thing that we won't ever wake up from it." Returning her nuzzle, he finally pulled himself up to his feet. Though he was very against the entire idea. Sure, she was right! Since she had arrived, the two had done little to socialize within the pride. They'd simply stuck to themselves, enjoying one another's company, and absolutely refusing to leave one another's side. But that wasn't a bad thing!

Well, to Haziel it was bad. She was far more social than he was, and being cooped in a den, did wonders to drive her insane.

Ghubari groaned to himself as Haziel finished up her rant. She was cute when she ranted ... even when she didn't have anything to rant about in the first place.

"Alright,Alright. You wanna go exploring? Lets go exploring then!" Now standing on his own two feet, he nudged Haziel in the backside as he directed her to the cave's entrance. "C'mon! What are we waiting for! Lets go see the sights!"

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:31 pm
Haziel grinned at her mate and hit him in the face with her tail 'accidently' as she took his nudging toward the den entrance. IT was just too much fun to mess with him. She made sure that the fluffy end of her tail got right under his nose just to be a pain and picked up the pace to get out of the den before he could recover from the teasing. She might just have to make him give chase for a bit. Stretching her paws felt wonderful and she should make Ghubari stretch his as well. Maybe she could even get him to join her hunting and get to that whole putting some extra fluff on him part of things.

Haziel took off at a dead run out of the den and looked back to see if Ghubari was following. If he did not she would have to slow and stop to wait for him, but she wanted to enjoy a good run. She gave herself a few more yards of sprinting before looking back again to check on her mate. She hopped up onto a rock and stopped, waiting for him to catch up to her. She was worse than a cooped up cub, but eh, he would get used to it right? He had to because he was her mate. She grinned at the male and batted at his nose when he got close to her.

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:42 pm
Ghubari could feel her fluffy tail rubbing obnoxiously against his nose, and it was driving him crazy. He had the sudden urge to sneeze, but tried his best to hold it in. Though that did little good, instead he ended up snorting rather loud, and knocking himself backwards a few steps. The powerful sneeze rocking through his body in waves. By the time it subsided, his mane was even fluffier than ever. Sticking up in nearly every direction possible. Though he couldn't know that, it was something everyone else could easily see.

Shaking loose the tension in his joints, he stepped forward to join Haziel outside the den. Her stretch was contagious, and soon he was stretching himself. A large yawn spreading across his face. He was soo tired, he couldn't help but yawn. Opening his eyes, the male nearly jumped out of skin to realize Haziel was no longer by his side. In her place was a dust cloud, that answered his next question.

Grinning from ear to ear, Bari let out a gruff laugh before sprinting off after her. His cublike laughter soon finding itself back into his voice. "You think you can outrun me? I've come a long way since we were younger Hazeil!"

Eyes straight ahead, he watched as his mate jumped up onto the rocks and taunted hiim from above. He was grossly out of shape, which is what happens when you lie around and mope a lot. But he was determined to get to her!

By the time he reached her, he was huffing and puffing. Near completely out of breath and ready to fall over in exhasution. Yet somehow he still found room to playfully mock his mate.

"You call that a challenge?"

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:59 pm
Haziel grinned down at her mate and flicked him on the nose with her paw. "A challenge no, but someone is a bit out of breath. Ghubbi have you been laying about too much? And here I thought I was going to have to fatten you up, it looks like I should get you back in shape first!" She teased the male from her perch, finding his fluffed up mane amusing even as she poked at other things. She should tell him about his mane... or help him fix it. Instead she was debating just leaving it like that. Unfortunately the part of her mind that won said she had to tell him about it to be nice.

"Ghubari, your mane is every which way... here let me fix it." Haziel hopped down with much grace and proceeded to fix her mate's mane as if he was a cub. It was not that he could not do it himself. The lioness thought that perhaps after making him run about and teasing him, it was best to be nice to him. He was her mate afterall. One did not keep a mate by being cruel. "I think we have proven I can outrun you, dear. At least until you are used to running again. We shall have to do much hunting so you can best me at running."

Depawsit

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:27 pm
The male continued to wheeze, as he kept up his jokes. He knew he was coming off as ridiculous, but it didn't matter. Haziel wouldn't look at him as ridiculous, and she was the one who really mattered to him. Nothing else did, well aside from his family. But again, they would never tell him things to hurt him. So he knew he was in safe paws all around.

"I ... I have not been lying around too much!" Still panting, the male slunk his shoulders and admitted defeat. "Alright, maybe I have a little. AND WHAT'S THIS ABOUT FATTENING ME UP?" Again the male's ears perked up, and he tried to hide his grin. But it was near impossible, especially once she had her paws in his mane. He could feel the purr running up his throat, and despite his lack of breath, he enjoyed every second of it.

"Sounds like a plan to me!" He grinned, remembering their hunting lessons when he was a cub. They'd been quite exciting back then, and now that the two of them were grown, he could only imagine the fun they would have.

"But you have to carry back the grub, Miss i'm going to fatten you up."

Kathryn Dragonna

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Kathryn Dragonna

Romantic Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:40 pm
Haziel nuzzled Ghub for good measure before she answered his questions. "A good mate always fattens up her male! I cannot let you go to fur and bones, my dear. I on the other paw must keep my sleek shape so I can catch your food." Oh yes, she was so going to have fun making him a fat content male. But first, she had to get him some food to start this mission. She would take him hunting and let it all begin. He might think he was going to fatten her up, but likely the only way she was getting fat was giving him cubs. That was more than enough reason for a female to be fat. The lioness certainly did not need to be fat and slow when she was supposed to be hunting!

Haziel nudged her mate to get him moving. "Come on, hunting time, Ghubari! We need to make you a nice content fluffy mate and then I can give you lots of cubs to make you chase around and work off all that fluff again." She nipped his ear as the moved, already trying to think what they would hunt. She was running through the best way to hunt with him, how to use his skills when he was not in as good of shape, etc. By the time they found any prey she was already plotting out the chase. It was one thing that the female was just darn good at.

Depawsit
and fin

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces