Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Pridelands [IC]
[LOG] We are not pirates! (Tortuga x. Aulani)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:40 pm
[this is an AIM rp between my Aulani and Buffy's Tortuga]

The fawn colored cub jumped into the air, missing the beetle by only a little. He pouted a bit, grumbling. Why on earth were these things so hard to catch?

"Just you wait!" He called at it, watching it fly into the sky. It seemed to fly forever, though it probably had something to do with the fact that he was so small. "When I am older, you won't mess with me then!" He called at it. Before kicking at a rock that was in his path. He hated missing his quarry, but he was still so terrible at catching things. He hoped one day that would get better, but momma had told him the only way to get better.. was to try. So try he would.

"Stupid bugs. They don't even taste good." He said with a little growl in his chest. His anger was put aside however, when he saw one of his sister's relaxing in the daylight. He grinned, a devious grin that would show he had no good intentions in that brain of his. He stalked up really close, trying to not make a sound, before.... POUNCE.

Aulani heard her brother yell nearby, but decided to ignore it. He was always trying to hunt the small critters, and always he seemed to fail at it. And when that happened, he complained about it. Seeing as he was doing that just now made her ignore it. She was enjoying relaxing in the nice sunbeam that was hitting her, warming her skin, allowing her to get her snooze on.

She hadn’t heard the tiny footprints of her brother stalking up to her. So when he pounced on her, the little lioness screeched, eyes shooting open as she squirmed under her brother’s weight.

“GETOFFAME! MOOOOOM” she cried out, wiggling on the ground.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:41 pm
When he had hit his target, she flailed around with a screech much like what he would compare to a bird. He put his paws over his ears, and feigned a face of extreme discomfort.

"GAH. Do you always have to scream? You are such a baby." He said, glaring a little. "And a tattle tale too." He retreated from her, watching her with a bemused smile on his face. She had so little pirate in her. Or at least to him. She was such a baby! Though he was usually causing her problems. Still, he didn't consider that at all when it came to her whining. A pirate never whines!

"You'd make a terrible pirate." He said, scoffing a bit. Tortuga wasn't a mean boy, but he was simply that. A Boy. He was mischevious, and he had a streak in him that he was proud of. Though he was sure it was lacking in those that took after his mother.. HIs loving, yet so oblivious mother.

“I scream, and look! It gets you off me!” The little lioness growled, eyes narrowing.

“PIRATE? You are no pirate. And I’m not a pirate either!” Aulani looked at herself, her light brown fur covered in dust. “I’m a lady,” she wiggled herself up, brushing off her fur. She didn’t like rough housing with her siblings. She would rather stay in the den next to her dense mother, or out resting in the sun, instead of catching bugs and getting dirty.

She looked back to where their family den was and sighed. Mother never came running when she called. “Mommy needs to stop telling you those stories. They are just rotting your brain!”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:43 pm
"If screaming is your only line of defense, I feel sorry for you." He spat, groaning before his eyes took on an angered expression. Had she just told him he wasn't a pirate? How rude! He narrowed his eyes a little.
"AM TOO." He said. "And you are too whether you like it much or not. Momma says it's in our blood. You have the same blood, stupid." He finished before looking away.

Tor had a hard time with his siblings, mainly because he was so full of adventure and energy, that he simply drove them absolutely batty. But he couldn't help himself. Life was going to be amazing, and all they wanted to do was sleep! What a waste of life.

"They are not rotting my brain. Momma likes the stories too." He said with one last glare, flicking his eyes away from her, and kicking at another rock that had found itself next to him.

“ARE NOT!” She screeched back.

“If you were, you’d live near the water! YOU DON’T LIVE NEAR THE WATER, THEREFORE YOU ARE NOT A PIRATE!” her little mind deduced. “Mommy says a lot of stuff is in our blood.” She countered his argument, shaking her head. Sometimes you couldn’t believe what your mother said, that is what Otea had said while she was watching the youngsters one day. Aulani didn’t know if Otea knew that she heard it, but she had. Young cubs had malleable minds, and the young female was just repeating what she heard. “So we can’t always believe what she says!”

“Well I don’t like those stories.” Aulani huffed, watching her brother flick a rock. She gazed at her own paws, seeing small dust balls on the ground. With a loud growl, she hit the biggest one towards Tortuga, watching it partially crumble on impact of her paw, the rest when it hit its target. “That’s for earlier!”

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:45 pm
"That shows how little you know of pirates." He said, and glared again. "Pirates travel, how else would dad have met mom, hmmmm?" He asked, his tone the classic child like tone. Then he groaned and rolled his eyes. "Oh who said that? Because if that goes for momma that goes for everyone." He was clever for his age, knowing that Otea, as much as she was revered as sort of an aunt figure to them, hated his father. She had said it was because he was a pirate, and crass. Not that Tor knew much about what crass meant..

"It's because you are a girl, and probably prefer being pampered and primped. No pirate likes that. NONE." He said, and shot her an irritated look whenever she kicked the dust his way.

"Ouch." He said, faking pain and rolling his eyes. "That hurt so bad." Sometimes he wished momma DID come when she was called. Because when she didn't, the cubs usually got in an arguing match that would go on for weeks. Especially iwth no parental guidance to tell them it was inappropriate.

“We don’t talk about dad!” For all Aulani cared to think, was their father was some scallywag. (That was what Otea called him…right?) “He was just a wandering lion. Not a pirate.” She refused to believe it.

“If it goes for everyone, it goes for you saying we are pirates. We. Are. Not.” She hmphed. It was just a roundabout circle. It we couldn’t believe mom, we couldn’t believe others, therefore we couldn’t believe bratty little brothers who lived in a fantasy world.

“Exactly. Therefore, I am no pirate.” See, Tortuga had just reiterated the fact that she wasn’t after saying she was! “And you’re right! I’m a lady.” She stated again, smirking.

“Good, I’m glad.” Aulani couldn’t spot sarcasm, so she thought she had won this part of the fight. The argument seemed to be cooling down. It was good. The young cub didn’t want to waste the rest of the perfect afternoon in a fight with her brother.

“Can you leave me now. I want to finish my nap.”

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:46 pm
"Don't worry. I wouldn't want anyone to think that by standing around you, that I think like you." He said, narrowing his eyes again and just furrowing his little brows together. Why was his sister so against their father? She didn't even know him! Not that he did either, and maybe he wouldn't like him if he actually met him. But in his eyes, dad was a big tough pirate, who had fallen for their whimsical mother, and then had to return back home. Sometimes mother would tell them stories of Jakk, the pirate. She would retell the stories he told himself, which were a bit outlandish. He didn't care though, outlandish or not, they were awesome. Momma was a very good story teller.

"Enjoy your nap princess. While everyone else just makes sure you are safe by being brave, and protecting you." He scoffed, before standing from his sitting position and going towards the family den. Maybe momma would tell him another story. And he could forget the doubt that maybe they weren't truly pirates. He just knew they were.. H e just knew.

“I will.” She almost snarled back, flopping to the ground. “Everyone else is making sure we are safe, keeping the ‘big bad pirates’ out.” That meant keeping their father out if he ever decided to return. Maybe that would sink in for Tortuga. He’d never get to see their father.

Aulani, turned her back away from her brother, finding that sunbeam again. For some reason though, it didn’t seem as comfortable as it had before. She growled, closing her eyes. Now she was worked up too much to even nap properly! Those stupid pirate stories! She rubbed her head on the ground, watching as the rest of the day just passed by. She’d head back to the den soon, after she thought Tor would be well asleep. Part of her wanted to rustle up a large nasty grub and let it slither over him, but the other part thought he may enjoy it too much.

“Ugh. Boys.”

[IC] Pridelands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff