Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Conglomeritic Roleplayers Conglomerate

Back to Guilds

A collection of roleplays. Star Wars, Dragonball, zombies, fantasy, superheroes, or make your own. D20 or no. 

Tags: Star Wars, Dragonball, literate, role-play, dice 

Reply Star Wars in progress (Emily Marneth)
Tython Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:21 pm
Meditation for attunement
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

nothing

attunement: 25

Vyntyr furrowed her brow and allowed the power to disperse, watching as the dark lines grew agitated and began to course with energy of their own. A dark, disgusting sort of color trickling through them.

"Wha-... What does it mean?"

"The council believes that you suffer from a very rare condition... So rare that it was not initially known to even myself as more than rumor and myth."

"Tell us, young padawan, what do you know of the situation that brought you to live with us here in the Jedi Order?"  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:35 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

nothing

Vyntyr frowned. "I was told that I was involved in a ship crash, and that once I had recovered, I was discovered to be force sensitive, and sent to the Order to begin training. That's all I really know."

"You were indeed involved in the crash of a starship. Reviewing the records that we have of your arrival here, we discovered that you were found as the sole survivor of a wrecked escape pod. To survive such a horrible crash, you would have had to rely on the power of the Force to sustain you. What do you know of the dark side of the Force?"

What a question. "It is a dark thing, malignant and destructive... Simply using its power can corrupt a Force User and transform them into something unrecognizable... We spend our whole lives resisting its pull, because it is forever hungering for more power.."

"Very good. Now, the dark side of the Force is often an instinctual thing... It is in sentient nature to desire power and to give in to hunger and desire. Tell us. How do you think that you survived that crash? A crash that could have killed any normal sentient?"  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 4:44 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

nothing

Vyntyr frowned "Surely you're not suggesting that I-.. I am dedicated to the Jedi's path. I would never use-"

"No, no, of course not, Vyntyr. But this was a terrible and traumatic time in your life, and you were too young and untrained to know what you were doing. You thought merely of survival, and your naturally strong connection to the Force provided you with the tools necessary to survive. The Force provided you with a way out. The Force itself is a vast and uncontrolled Force. It had its reasons for what it did, and what it gave you."

Vyntyr was still frowning. She was being told that her first manifestations of power had been evil... Darkness and corruption... And she knew that it was true.

"The power of the Dark Side is persistent. It hangs over and taints those things that it touches. Just like you said; using the Dark Side of the Force corrupts the user."

Vyntyr wrapped her arms around herself lightly, defensively. "So what are you saying?"

"The council believes that you suffer from a very rare condition. We believe that when you used the Force to sustain yourself all those years ago, that the Dark Side energy that sustained you worked its way into your body, and was trapped there as you convalesced. We believe that those scars that you bear are not merely physical wounds, but are actually infused with the power of the Dark Side."  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:16 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

nothing

"So... What does that mean?"

"I had originally thought that your scars were hurting you more recently because you were merely exercising more. But the council believes that it is in fact because you are channeling the power of the Light Side of the Force to heal your wounds. The Light is interacting and agitating the Dark Side energy that has laid dormant in your scars for all this time."

"So... The fact that I'm healing myself is what's making me worse? Should I stop then? Go back to the way things used to be?" She dreaded even the possibility of that course of action... She had grown so used to not having pain... The girl could hardly imagine going back to that way of living.

"Not necessarily. I've been researching your condition. There are not many records on it, but there was one jedi who wrote on the theory of someone being afflicted with such a disease. There are theorized two cures for the disease..."  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:29 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

nothing

Vyntyr got excited. "You mean there's actually a way to fix it?"

Master Laro pursed her lips and frowned. "The Jedi Master in question theorized two potential cures for the disease. The first is the most likely cure, but it would mean that your path as a Jedi would come to an end. A complete severance of one's connection to the Force. Cutting the patient off from the energies of the Force would starve the Dark Side power to the point that it would disappear, and you would have no metaphysical pain from the wounds ever again."

Vyntyr steeled herself. That was not an option. Not in a million years. "And the other option?"

"The alternative is a surgery. A procedure in which we remove the diseased tissue and purge the dark side energy from the patient. It has a slim chance of working, but the danger to the patient is incredible. The procedure would be incredibly painful, dangerous, and traumatic. There is no telling if you would survive, or even who you would be on the other side... The experience could very well break your mind. Vyntyr, I know you want to be a Jedi, but you have to think about the risks of something like this. This isn't just a medicine, this is your very life that we're talking about."

Vyntyr looked down at the ground, thinking. "And what about the third option? Just continuing as we are now? I can just keep healing the pain away, can't I?"

Master Laro shook her head softly. "If we continue at the rate we've been going, the wounds will become too serious. You will be pulled apart, and you will be destroyed by the scars. I'm sorry, Vyntyr, but there is no third option. You would not survive if we maintained our current course.."  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 6:44 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

nothing

Vyntyr nodded. She understood the situation at least. But in her mind, there was no question. "When can we perform the surgery?"

"This isn't a decision to be made lightly, young one. You are faced with a very serious dilemma here."

Vyntyr shook her head. "With all due respect, there is no dilemma, Master. If I lose my connection to the Force, I will die. Perhaps not physically, but I would not be who I am now, and I would rather die than not be a Jedi. My path was chosen by the Force, and it chose to put me in the Jedi Order. Not so that I could give up halfway through, but so that I could become a Jedi. I'm sure of it. There is only one choice. I have to overcome this obstacle and become a Jedi."

"You are absolutely sure, Vyntyr? There's no telling what will happen during this operation.."

Vyntyr nodded firmly. "I'm completely sure. There is no other option."

The council spoke with Vyntyr for a short time after that, making sure that she understood the risks, and Master Laro informed her that they would be ready for the surgery the next day. She advised Vyntyr to take the day and think about what she really wanted.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:10 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal

nothing

Vyntyr didn't have to think too hard. She didn't even bother telling any of her friends what was going to happen. The girl arranged herself the rest of the night, meditating on her choice and her future. She knew that this was what she had to do. There was no question in her mind that she would do this, and that she would come out stronger for it. A better, stronger Jedi. She meditated all night, without sleeping, until it was time for her to go meet Master Laro in the medical wing. She'd been informed not to eat anything, and the council had wished her luck. She had all that she needed to face this newest test. She would not fail.  
Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:32 pm
((Rules of the surgery: each round will subtract 1 HP from Vyntyr. The surgery will last five rounds. Each post Vyntyr will roll a Force Healing check, and will take the results. If at any time Vyntyr's health falls below -5, she will be dead. If she survives the five posts, she will be then reduced to -5 HP (non-fatally) and will be subjected to one post of Force Light, as if from a force user with 1250 light side points.

Heal: 1d20+4+2+2= 1d20+8

1-9: no effect, attunement still spent, you may alleviate pain, but will accomplish no real healing.
10-13: 1 point stamina healed
14-16: 2 points stamina healed or 1 point health
17-19: 3 points stamina healed or 1 point health
20-22: 4 points stamina healed or 2 points health
22-24: 5 points stamina healed or 2 points health
25-26: 6 points stamina healed or 3 points health
27-28: 7 points stamina healed or 3 points health
29-30: 8 points stamina healed or 3 points health
))

1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal DC 10

nothing

Health: -2-1=-3
attunement: 25-5=20

Vyntyr met Master Laro, and the woman sat the girl down to have a talk about what was going to happen.

Vyntyr would remain conscious throughout the surgery, because she needed to be channeling the Light Side of the Force the entire time that they were working. They would not be able to give her any painkillers, as those would disrupt the girl's connection to the Force. They would continue the surgery until it was either over, or they had to stop to save Vyntyr's life, but if they did not complete the surgery, they would have to start all over next time. All of the scar tissue had to be removed, and then they needed to purge Vyntyr's body of any residual dark side energies in order for this to work. The woman asked Vyntyr if she really wanted to go through with this.

"Yes. Thank you, Master."

Vyntyr was led to an operation room, stripped down and sterilized. She was laid down on an operating table and a small team of surgeons surrounded her. Master Laro took a breath and smiled down to Vyntyr.

"Are you ready, Vyntyr?"

"Yes, Master."

"Then we're ready to begin."

She began the first cut. Vyntyr flinched, expecting pain, but it was such a fine cut that she barely felt it at first. She closed her eyes and forced herself to think of something else.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:46 pm
((5+8=13= 0 HP healed

1-9: no effect, attunement still spent, you may alleviate pain, but will accomplish no real healing.
))

1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal DC 10

nothing

Health: -3-1=-4
attunement: 20-5=15

The pain was starting to set in. She wasn't sure how far they were into the surgery, mostly because she wasn't watching, but she could feel horrible, searing pain over a significant portion of her arm, where Master Laro had begun. It was a level of pain to which Vyntyr was accustomed, though. It was not so bad as it was surely going to get, and the constant stream of Light pouring into her body seemed to be helping somewhat. But she was beginning to feel light herself, getting somewhat woozy.

"You're doing well, child. You're alright. Stay with me. Keep focusing. Just keep focusing on the Force."  
Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:00 pm
((16+8=24= 2+1 HP healed

))

1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal DC 10

nothing

Health: -2-1=-3
attunement: 15-5=10

Vyntyr held on to Master Laro's voice and the Force that flowed through her own body. They were moved on to one of her legs now, and Vyntyr had no sense of how long they had been on the table. She tried not to feel the burn of each cut and instead focus on the soothing glow of the Force shining through the pain that threatened to smother her, but she was not entirely successful. They were, in fact, slicing her body open and peeling entire sections of her skin away. It was not a pleasant experience. The girl was stronger than the pain, though. She was not going to give in just because it was hard, just because it hurt a little bit to keep going..  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:06 pm
((1+8=9= 0 HP healed

))

1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal DC 10

nothing

Health:-3-1=-4
attunement: 10-5=5

Vyntyr's concentration was failing her. She was thinking more and more about the pain, and she began whimpering with each cut, her entire body shaking as adrenaline flooded her system, making the pain that much worse as it made her more and more conscious of every sensation. They were on her second leg now, and Master Laro's dextrous fingers moved fluidly and swiftly along the lines of Vyntyr's scars, taking the barest minimum of clean flesh to ensure that all of the scar tissue was removed. It was a delicate procedure, but she was moving swiftly with confidence as she worked, trying to save Vyntyr valuable time.  
Emily Marneth rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:25 pm
((5+8=13= 0 HP healed

29-30: 8 points stamina healed or 3 points health ))

1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal DC 10

nothing

Health:-4-1=-5 (non-fatal)
attunement: 5-5=0

She was drifting further away... She had been filled with warm light but was now filled with cold darkness. She was shivering, in pain and from cold. Not a physical cold, but a deep, metaphysical sensation of freezing cold. Ice was in her heart and in her veins even as the fire that was in her flesh began to melt away. They were almost done, and she could hear Master Laro's voice as it slowly began to fade into the darkness. She began to lose her grip on the Force that was attempting to flow through her and she started to feel the Force comfort and pull her into its embrace instead of glowing and filling her from within. She was numbly aware that she was dying.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth rolled 1 100-sided dice: 61 Total: 61 (1-100)

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 8:36 pm
((10+8=18= 1+1 = 2 HP healed

Force Light: [100 dark side points] - 1d100+[1250/2]=1d100+62))

1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal DC 10

nothing

Health:-5-1+1+1=-4-1=-5 (non-fatal)
attunement: 0

And it was over. The cutting finally stopped as skilled eyes ran over the girl's body, searching for any remaining scar tissue, with both physical and metaphysical eyes scouring her body for imperfections. Satisfied, tools were laid aside, and the surgeons gathered together for the last part of the procedure. They each lay their hands on the girl's utterly destroyed flesh and began channeling the Force into her. A powerful white light began to fill Vyntyr, and she could see it even behind closed eyelids. She had been told that this would happen. They needed to purge any residual Dark Side energy from the girl's body, and to do that, they would overwhelm her with Light. Vyntyr was so empty that she could feel the Force filling her up and bathing her in its warming light. And then it was over.

"You did it, Vyntyr. You made it. It's over."

Vyntyr, barely conscious, was transferred into a bacta tank, and there she would begin her healing.  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 11:45 am
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal DC 10

nothing

Health:-5+1=-4
attunement: 0+4+2=6

Over... It was over... Vyntyr took in oxygen through a mask as she floated in the healing fluid of the bacta tank. There was a perfect emptiness in her countenance as she hibernated, her body looking like a gory road map. Since her wounds had been healing as they were made, there were no stitches, just open, non-bleeding wounds. She just looked like someone had started carving lines into her haphazardly. The girl drifted into a state of semiconsciousness. She had no sense of time anymore. She didn't know how long she'd been under the knife, but she knew that she should be healing herself. But she was so tired... Her eyelids grew heavy and she drifted into unconsciousness before she could manage anything productive.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 12:00 pm
1/1 | 1/5

force sense (power)

force heal DC 10

nothing

Health:-4+1=-3
attunement: 6+4+2=12

The girl floated in the tank without a care in the world, her wounds slowly healing after days of being suspended. She was in a controlled state of hibernation, her vitals being monitored constantly to see how she was taking to the treatment. Vyntyr was taking extraordinarily well to the bacta, and she was on her way to a full recovery. There was little else to do but wait, though, as her wounds closed and healed over. The girl dreamed, as she slept, of those battlefield dreams she had. Of battling Sith and bringing peace to the galaxy little by little. She dreamed of exploring far away places and exotic worlds, her lightsaber on her belt and her Master at her side.  
Star Wars in progress (Emily Marneth)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff